It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANONYMOUS Issues Threat - NYSE Will Be Erased From The Internet - (potential hoax)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
hold the presses.
according to youtube comments, this is a hoax or honeypot->

http:///MCT1L3Kf

"Citizens of the world

We are Anonymous! Recently something very disturbing has come to our attention. You must take all notices and information claiming to be 'Anonymous' with a grain of salt. Consider EVERYTHING.

Operation Invade Wall Street is bull#! It is a fake planted operation by law enforcement and cyber crime agencies in order to get you to undermine the Occupy Wall Street movement. It proposes you use depreciated tools that have known flaws such as LOIC.

Anonymous would never tell you to use LOIC - Not after the arrests and failures of Operation Payback.

Anonymous wouldn't attack NYSE on a HOLIDAY - It is debatable if Anonymous would ever even attack NYSE.

Be wary friends!

We are Anonymous"

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
secondly, why take down the NYSE on OCT 10TH, columbus day, a federal holiday?

wouldnt the NYSE been closed?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
if this really does happen, i think the word referencing the "internet" i think they mean, destroying all data relating to stocks and historical data, its software, platforms and channels, in other words apple stocks will mean nothing and will be worth ditto, in other words completely zero'ing the exchange, no figures, no data, no stocks, no software, no website. Seems to me, to pull it off, they got insiders, poised and waiting, ever heard of zero day?

But WOW that is a serious mofo matter! the vibe i get is that ANON is east asian and have been busy hiring bullied geeks outa high schools that reside in america, to handle most of the attack effort( of divert the real geo of attack by a hugh masked botnet). like others have commented, this will likely only give TPTB more excuses for control, although most feel it's already in the pipe-works, it's gonna usher it right in your face, over night.

not good for america or it's people, not good for U.S economics. Purpose:- destroy american power and it's economy by means of complete citizen control, that will over a year or little more, cause a complete collapse in U.S power.

the red army was military might, until they could not afford to fuel their fighter jets, arm their tanks or man their navy fleet or feed their soldiers, it reduced russian power and it's economy to mere rubble and dust. Now it looks like it's the U.S of A's turn.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

I literally just posted that.

And please everyone, LOOK AT THE LINK PROVIDED.
Right above the actual story, it has an update, which tells you this was "declared a hoax" by Anonymous.

edit on 00/00/0000 by ka119 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal
reply to post by caladonea

You're working off of the assumption that Anon is not rich and powerful themselves.

Are they? I think it is certainly...a possibility.....thanks for pointing that out!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I wish they would crash the entire internet. It would be a b*tch of an inconvenience, and I would be pissed since it's part of my job, but I guarantee you, things in society would start getting better as soon as this consciousness-sucking machine was put down. Just for a little while. Cell phones too. People would start having to have face to face convo's with each other. Imagine that! Do you think we could do it? Talk to each other in person, I mean?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItCameFromOuterSpace
I wish they would crash the entire internet. It would be a b*tch of an inconvenience, and I would be pissed since it's part of my job, but I guarantee you, things in society would start getting better as soon as this consciousness-sucking machine was put down. Just for a little while. Cell phones too. People would start having to have face to face convo's with each other. Imagine that! Do you think we could do it? Talk to each other in person, I mean?

But then how would you come to ATS and brag about it afterwards?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ka119
Well, Anonymous just declared this as a hoax.
Here.

We are Anonymous! Recently something very disturbing has come to our attention. You must take all notices and information claiming to be 'Anonymous' with a grain of salt. Consider EVERYTHING.

Operation Invade Wall Street is bull#! It is a fake planted operation by law enforcement and cyber crime agencies in order to get you to undermine the Occupy Wall Street movement. It proposes you use depreciated tools that have known flaws such as LOIC.

Update the OP.

So an anonymous source claiming to be Anonymous is disproved by another anonymous group claiming to be Anonymous?

If there's a flaw in the whole Anonymous structure, I'd have to say it is in their namesake.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Edit: Ah, you beat me to it as I was posting this!
edit on 4-10-2011 by nick112 because: statement already posted

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Yep, beat me as well.

My Security Guy just walked over and said they are denying it.

Head fake maybe?

Oh well. Only Monday will tell us the truth.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Meh. Much rather see them wipe out the three credit scoring systems that enslave us all in so many ways. That would have a more immediate effect on the individual level over the hold the financial institutions have on us. Or focus some attention on the MSM companies that lie to us daily

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
It will be the funniest thing to watch if they can succeed. Three letters will be posturing all over the place. Congress will be having useless hearings and the bankers and corporation will be lobbying for handouts to increase their security. NYSE will want a bailout also.

Sadly there will be nothing funny about it. If it were to happen, complete and utter chaos would ensue and you'd get to see just what living in a post-apocalyptic world is like.

You'd see the complete and utter destruction of society happen in probably less than a month. Hope you have guns and ammo.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Meh. Much rather see them wipe out the three credit scoring systems that enslave us all in so many ways. That would have a more immediate effect on the individual level over the hold the financial institutions have on us. Or focus some attention on the MSM companies that lie to us daily

NOW THAT I WOULD LOVE!

That is the real gambit that we are enslaved to. You could turn this switch off and America would burp and move on feeling much better.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereotype
Mother should I trust the internet.

Mother will this set their(feds) precedent?
edit on 4-10-2011 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Oh! But wait! It's not possible, remember? Anonymous are just a bunch of adolescent, zit-faced kids living at home with their Mon. Or so I have have read. Should be pretty easy to take them down, no? I mean, our CIA, NSA, FBI, IBM, HIV, IMHO and all the rest we spend billions on maintaining ought to be able to get a bunch of zit-faced, internet masturbators under control, right?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
It will be the funniest thing to watch if they can succeed. Three letters will be posturing all over the place. Congress will be having useless hearings and the bankers and corporation will be lobbying for handouts to increase their security. NYSE will want a bailout also.

Sadly there will be nothing funny about it. If it were to happen, complete and utter chaos would ensue and you'd get to see just what living in a post-apocalyptic world is like.

You'd see the complete and utter destruction of society happen in probably less than a month. Hope you have guns and ammo.

No. We would not. Explain how this would lead to a post-apocalyptic world.

Even if it were a permanent collapse, the world would not end. People would panic at first as businesses would not be able to get loans for payroll or inventory but, from the top, there would be a trickle-down questioning of why we operated under that system in the first place. People will start to work with themselves and people wouldn't be able to exploit them from the sidelines (ie Wall Street).

I'm not advocating it but I'm far from convinced that we revolve around Wall Street.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ItCameFromOuterSpace

I stand by what you said.

very very good point, obviously there are those that fear this gravely... screw em

for the good of the people - community - society and the world.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
What I don't understand is why would they announce this six days in advance(or at all)? Seems like that gives the security people at the NYSE a week to work on preventing the cyber attack.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
UPDATE - ANONYMOUS has just released a statement saying that this video is a hoax.
http:///MCT1L3Kf

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Dont you all love social engineering and inside jobs. Soros is actually worse at it than Bush and Co

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join