It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANONYMOUS Issues Threat - NYSE Will Be Erased From The Internet - (potential hoax)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
May I remind you:
from wikipedia - Reichstag Fire

The Reichstag fire (German: Der About this sound Reichstagsbrand (help·info)) was an arson attack on the Reichstag building in Berlin on 27 February 1933. The event is seen as pivotal in the establishment of Nazi Germany.
At 21:25 (UTC +1), a Berlin fire station received an alarm call that the Reichstag building, the assembly location of the German Parliament, was ablaze. The fire started in the Session Chamber,[1] and, by the time the police and firefighters had arrived, the main Chamber of Deputies was engulfed in flames. Inside the building, a thorough search conducted by the police resulted in the finding of Marinus Van der Lubbe. Van der Lubbe, council communist and unemployed bricklayer, had recently arrived in Germany, ostensibly to carry out his political activities.
The fire was used as evidence by the Nazis that the Communists were beginning a plot against the German government. Van der Lubbe and four Communist leaders were subsequently arrested. Adolf Hitler, who had been sworn in as Chancellor of Germany four weeks before, on 30 January, urged President Paul von Hindenburg to pass an emergency decree to counter the "ruthless confrontation of the Communist Party of Germany".[2] With civil liberties suspended, the government instituted mass arrests of Communists, including all of the Communist parliamentary delegates. With them gone and their seats empty, the Nazis went from being a plurality party to the majority; subsequent elections confirmed this position and thus allowed Hitler to consolidate his power.

History will always repeat itself! Anon is nothing more than anoter self (govt) inflicted threat.TPTB wins, as always. Sorry there is no happy end here and never will be.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
What kind of attacker warns his victim of an attack and tells them which day it will take place. If that is really Anon, that was not too bright...... I'm starting to question motives....

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Amazing to see, if it happens!

i for one, will wait to see the events of tomorrow.

anonymous using V for Vendetta as their iconography, and tomorrow being the day it is. Either facebook goes down or something bigger happens to engrave this date into our minds and support these guys with confidence otherwise my faith in anonymous will be wilting with great speed.

For me, facebook would be enough, when you look at the scale of people who use it and the mundane crap people post on their, 1 day without it could cause huge reflection and motivation. What better out come could you possibly ask for?

Positively destroy it
then november 6th, stay away from it and watch them crumble.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dudly

I only hope they can pull it off! And why not hackers staring the revolution? In this strange new world you my never know how the hero could be!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Im sure your protest of the civil disobedience anonymous enacts are echos of the African Americans who feared the civil rights movement would bring backlash from the government.

Yes it may happen, but it needs to be done.
edit on 4-10-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kingbreaker
hmm this particular anon threat smells like a false-flag, in order to enact more internet control as was previously stated. this would be playing into the pro-control argument too much, if they succeeded.

If Anonymous is that stupid to actually pull something like this off on the 10th, you can bet the response will be like 9/11. Getting on the Internet will be like walking through post 9/11 airport security. I have a hard time believing that this will actually happen. Repercussion would hit Anon right where it would hurt them the most.

Peace

-NLightN-

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dudly

awesome. is julian involved or not?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
You know what's weird? I've watched Anonymous take down credit card sites, the RIAA site, and a few other things... and they always give an explanation speech during or right after doing it. But this.... giving the world a 6-day heads-up? It just doesn't seem like something that Anon would normally do.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
That is exactly what I was thinking.

Anon. IMO wouldn't issue a ridiculous warning like this, sounds to me like someone or a 3rd party group is stirring the pot.

Originally posted by LadySkadi
The NYSE back-up servers are probably in a secret bunker in the Antarctic ...

Anon. is over-reaching, assuming this declaration is Anon. approved.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepixelgarden
You know what's weird? I've watched Anonymous take down credit card sites, the RIAA site, and a few other things... and they always give an explanation speech during or right after doing it. But this.... giving the world a 6-day heads-up? It just doesn't seem like something that Anon would normally do.

Completely agree, this might be a push by Gov for strict internet laws, they can use the cover of anonymous to do whatever they like. Since anonymous is a faceless entity they can pull a Reichstag as the poster before explained, and then blame it on anonymous. This should be interesting to watch and see how it all plays out, remember to question everything.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I have to say that I am on the fence about this. On one hand, the idea of hitting Wall Street where it hurts is appealing to me. On the other hand, there is something suspect about the whole "Occupy Wall Street" movement as far as the timing goes, and now Anon is saying they are going to "erase" the NYSE. In my mind I'm thinking, "Why now"? Why didn't everybody stand up and start fighting back when those big banks and businesses got TARP money? All of a sudden, people are protesting.

As others have pointed out, this OWS feels like it's being "directed". I'm sure many of those protesting are doing so in the spirit of fighting the evil that has taken over this country, but it doesn't feel organic in nature.

My husband day trades for a living. If Anon shuts it all down, then we don't make money on that day. Believe me, it's hard enough to squeak out a few bucks on a daily basis because he has to compete with those High Frequency Trading Programs the big trading houses use. Those jerks have already used the DOS tricks to clog the little guy's internet just before a big swing in certain stocks and ETFs. They wrote the book on hijacking the internet to screw over the little investor. He used to be an IT director and a programmer for 30 years, so he has all the tools to see when we're being messed with.

Anon's attack will not have the desired effect, unless their desire is to mess up the little guys and give our rogue government the ammunition it needs to completely dominate the internet. BTW, Monday October 10th is not a NYSE holiday. It does, however, have significance. Not only is it Columbus Day, the day that observes the official landing of whites in the Americas, but it is also a "binary day":101011.

It is also the day the World Economic Forum meets in Abu Dhabi, UAE for their "Summit on The Global Agenda 2011". Don't know if this date was picked as convenient or if there is a hidden psy-op message, like 9/11 was. Everybody, even little kids, know that 9-1-1 means emergency.

It's getting so crazy, it is getting hard to tell reality from B. S.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcubed1080
This could be something big if NYSE does not take proactive measures...

Think about it, anything and everything connected to the internet is in theory vulnerable to an attack. The only way to protect yourself is to be unplugged. There is no such thing as being connected and "safe." Don't bring up linux, don't bring up macs, windows machines are just attacked more because most people have them, and it's what you average hacker is used to.

Anon said in their news release that they'd erase the NYSE; not DDOS attack, there is a big difference, a DDOS attack is no worse than a thousand people trying to jam into a McDonald's at the same time, no one get's their burger, but the store is back open the next day.

Another thing to consider, the attack is already made, it is to late for the NYSE to do anything, because the virus is in place and dormant until the 10th.

Ok......I have been reading this thread ... until this point.

I was wondering how they would be successful after telling the world which day to expect this "erase of the NYSE". Now I see....it may be reasonable to think it is already in place and awaiting the server to come up before they annihilate it. BUT....even if that is possible.....Is it not possible to counter act the effects or possibly "fix" it before it happens? Something??

I am not so sure this is what we need at this time. What do we need? All I know is we DO need BIG change and I do not foresee it happening until like one poster said....it is all torn down (systems) whereas we can rebuild and rebuild that will be a benefit to the people and not the money hoarders. Will erasing the NYSE bring about a change we all hope for? I just don't see it.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I found this one after watching the OP.

Most people, even sheeple, will agree that something is seriously wrong with our MSM.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
News Flash!

No trading is done through the NYSE website so this will accomplish little if nothing. Maybe a few people use it for quotes and some basic research but as a whole it is insigificant.

If they crashed the trading on the exchange that would be another thing, but i doubt that is possible. If anomynous wanted to have an effect on the markets they should pool their money together, so that they can control stock prices like the big money players do. lol.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
There are many people who are in favor of this type of assault on our financial system, and I find this most disturbing…..

These types of attacks are the act of cowards, who hide behind computer screens and terminals – and have no idea on how their actions will affect the populace.

This type of behavior is deviant to our social structure, and only leads to suffering – and I assure you that the rich will not be the ones suffering. It will be the poor, and middle class.

Do you think an attack of this nature will go overlooked?

Do you believe an attack like this is cute, or funny?

Once the attack takes place – if it takes place – I assure you that you will not think it is either cute, or funny…. You will look to Anonymous with disgust at what they have caused.

For you see, an attack like this will force the tyrants hand to action – the tyrant being our government & those affected – and the action will not be something you enjoy.

I do not like our current system any more than most of you – but this is not the way…. This is not the way.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by diddlydo
Everyone realizes if this were to actually occur it would cause our current econmic situation to get much worse. Imagine the great depression multiplied.

the great depression multiplied (or much worse) is inevitable in out current economic situation.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnaChispa
What kind of attacker warns his victim of an attack and tells them which day it will take place. If that is really Anon, that was not too bright...... I'm starting to question motives....

If I remember correctly George W. Bush told Hussein months before attacking that we would be coming to look for WMD's!
I mean....really? Why do you tell someone what you are going to do if your intent is real!!!??? Just doesn't make sense to me at all!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Thanks for screwing the internet freedoms you claim to protect. Not a great way to garner support for your cause.

Thanks for being a sheeple. Its great to sit back and do nothing but complain. I bet that accomplishes much much more.

Good ole Americans being ignorant and unaware.

Imagine the following situation:

A robber with a gun invades your home. Sees that you have a daughter and rapes her.

What you would do: Sit back, watch, not make a peep because you don't want to make situations worst. You want to protect your and your family's life. If you retaliate, the robber might shoot someone.

Anonymous: Take out a gun and kill the robber. (Or any other means of protecting the family)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by dudly

ANONYMOUS Issues Threat - On October 10 The NYSE Will Be Erased From The Internet - Operation #InvadeWallStreet

dailybail.com

Anonymous takes over NYSE
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.youtube.com

So a CIA ran/created CIAnon stages another false flag operation against a rothchild ran stock exchange. Then they blame it on "civil activists". I swear they never update thier playbook.
What next false flag involving a toilet seat being left up?

Come on we all know anon is a nwo provacateur.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
So they will take out NYSE like they did scientology?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join