It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANONYMOUS Issues Threat - NYSE Will Be Erased From The Internet - (potential hoax)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by dudly

So...anonymous is saying that on next Monday Oct. 10, 2011 they are going to erase the New York Stock Exchange from the internet....

I am just wondering.....how?

The new york stock exchange has a website. They'll likely overwhelm the server that hosts the website. It won't actually take out the stock market - just a website.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Would it be a big deal to crash a website? Its not like they are taking the market off line....Or is that the plan??? If thats the plan then that will truly hurt our current situation that much more....No real good can come from this...If they want to do something good, just make all the Wall St. CEO's lifes a living hell by messing with their private accounts (just efff with them)....

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by andrewh7

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by dudly

So...anonymous is saying that on next Monday Oct. 10, 2011 they are going to erase the New York Stock Exchange from the internet....

I am just wondering.....how?

The new york stock exchange has a website. They'll likely overwhelm the server that hosts the website. It won't actually take out the stock market - just a website.

ZING Yes that is what the video and message entails. Funny though the title of this thread is misleading and deceptive. It would be nice if people actually did not create threads with a shock and awe title with a disappointing post. People are expecting something entirely different then what the video is stating. It is a DDOS attack.

Then says (potential hoax) ..... isn't everything a potential hoax on ATS? Please people think before you create a thread.
edit on 4-10-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dudly

why would he do that. just cause more azz pain for the regular guy. i am getting tired of all this finger pointing.. anon is starting to bug me.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Wider reading implies this is either a hoax, or a false flag project. I Do not beleive for a moment Anon are behind this. We will wait and see I suppose! lol

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I've said this plenty of times and I'll say it again. People who fight power "anonymously" obviously have a reason to be anonymous. This is why when power changes hands it never reaches the hands of the people. What happens when Anon these bankers from power? Do they give it to the people? Is there even anyway possible for a single person or group who dethrones a person from power to share it? No. You see any "revolution" that is not fought unanimously and outright by the people will inevitably become a mere power shift. Do we not learn from history? No person is benevolent. Why would a select hidden group of them be? And on top of that American history in general has given us proof that even people with the best intentions are subject to addiction making them vulnerable to manipulation by themselves and their environment. We are apparently the highest form of life on this planet and therefore have the best survivalist instincts. It is purely natural for all life to act for itself before it acts for others.

This Anon group has smelled strangely like another front for TPTB since day one and the fact that their actions are out in the open while they lurk in shadows should scare the # out of people on this site. These people are hackers. They can figure out anything about anyone they want to. They can also filter the very information we read. Its too much power for a single group regardless of what they call themselves, whether they call themselves the government or Anon plain and simple. "Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

The people on this site, regardless of their various viewpoints, are here for one specific reason: because they believe in their freedoms. They believe that just like every other person on this earth they are entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. They believe that they are entitled to any information that they wish to gather. Anyone who supports a concentrated "revolution" like this either is in favor of the limitations of universal freedoms or is too ignorant to differentiate between the puppet show and reality. The former is inevitably consumed by powers higher up on the food chain while the much more dangerous latter is devoured, manipulated, and regurgitated so that they can spread disinformation. Disinformation spreads like a disease through more and more ignorants who are to be used as food to fuel the ambitions of TPTB. It's just like any other basic survival of the fittest argument.

So why on earth do people on here condone the actions of this group?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
there are horrifying programs in development - ones you see discussed on random episodes of TedTalks. Denial of Service attacks are no where near as disturbing as some of the black ops programs out there, and I'm certain there's plenty of anon members who have access to something more potent.

The most effective way to get access to something like this is probably blackmail or friends in high places. Anon has a history of tracking down personal info and publicizing it. By manipulating this kind of information, it is not unreasonable to assume they could then get a hold of a maintenance technician's passwords or simply have him leave a backdoor open.

In other words, I don't think shutting down the stock exchange for a short period of time is impossible.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by cardicorona

Paranoid rubbish, Anonymous is not a group first of all

If people actually did a little research and investigation instead of assumption they would get the gist of it.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Your kidding right?.. you CANNOT GET INTO HARDENED LINES!.. without inside help to put a weak spot in the system, even then, the encryption cycling would have to be matched..

Taking down a face page is nothing, actually getting into the "real" NYSE, is NOT POSSIBLE, unless your in the vault itself, with Admin clearance, and then what are you going to do?.. put the flash RAM down your pant's? .. You get searched more then the TSA going in, and out of the vault..

It's a false flag people. plain and simple..

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
By, defining who you are?, you define who you aren't? please answer me this anyone, if you even understand what im saying? any takers?
edit on 5-10-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
how many, possible personalitys of you;are there that, you arent? theoretically speeking?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechniXcality
how many, possible personalitys of you;are there that, you arent? theoretically speeking?

Honestly?..

Well since I Quantified Infinity Itself for a technological application(s), then the answer (theoretically) would be "Infinities"..

The human mind is capable of infinities of alternate realities, and by that nature, alternate personalities...

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamesackerson

Your kidding right?.. you CANNOT GET INTO HARDENED LINES!.. without inside help to put a weak spot in the system, even then, the encryption cycling would have to be matched..

Taking down a face page is nothing, actually getting into the "real" NYSE, is NOT POSSIBLE, unless your in the vault itself, with Admin clearance, and then what are you going to do?.. put the flash RAM down your pant's? .. You get searched more then the TSA going in, and out of the vault..

Then where is the proof? Prove it, at least prove to me that what you are saying is true in some instance.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
It's a fake, as shown in the comments below the clip.
Here's their link to their statement
source

No point attacking on a holiday, but an easy way for Feds to bag anyone trying and it wouldn't disrupt anything.

Can't check the user's youtube details, login is down.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier

Originally posted by jamesackerson

Then where is the proof? Prove it, at least prove to me that what you are saying is true in some instance.

Proof?.. this coming from an asian hiding behind a guy faux mask?... (LOL!)... DOS/DDOS, and other various forms of multi-frontal attacks using the standard (and not so standard ports), are using only the lower 16-bit, 65535 variation of ports, in case you lost the memo somewhere, we are using 64-bit code length above GP (general public) which is well over 6×1019 power level in ports to "use"..

Most general public routers/catalysts/ and other various corporate level hardware, is designed to process the lower 16 bit integer permutations (65535), so unless you generate your own Hardware like a cyberpunk does, you have little chance of even accessing the upper port ranges beyond the 65535 range, even if you do, you would have no chance of taking down the NYSE, as the main DB servers are "stand-alone" not tied to the central hub..

Proof of burden on "your" side bub.. not mine..

The NYSE, is solid Titanium (just like the DOD and other alphaet soup organizations main server farms..

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
The problem with Anonymous is that they can be blamed for anything. All you have to do is visit a few websites, claim affiliation, and then do something ridiculously stupid.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
Anonymous is for children, i'm in the Rebel Alliance.

the rebel alliance has names and have faces
and are held accountable , and are subject to vaders force chock
and brutal interogation tactics.
The rebel alliance members who are caught and put to death
die as martyrs for the cause

I like the rebel alliance , just dont give away our secret base if your caught !

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colbomoose
It's a fake, as shown in the comments below the clip.
Here's their link to their statement
source

No point attacking on a holiday, but an easy way for Feds to bag anyone trying and it wouldn't disrupt anything.

Can't check the user's youtube details, login is down.

What makes you think paste bin is the official source of Anonymous ?

Still people do not get it, Anonymous has used LOIC during payback and other DDOS attacks. LOIC is risky you have to take the safe guards and use proxy, tor ect. It is always a risk when you do something illegal. Anonymous has no leadership hence there is no official statement or no official release of paste bin. You can not identify what can not be identified. This implies Anonymous can Identify Anonymous. There is no order, anyone can be Anonymous. It is a choice, you are not obligated to participate in a raid a DDOS attacks a protest. IRC is were ideas are put fourth, a think tank if you will. The beauty of it is Anonymous can not be controlled even by Government, you cant control chaos. Anonymous moves like a school of fish where current takes us not leaders to dupe anon. Anonymous is Hive mind.

Again there is no Official statement from Anonymous, If you see Anonymous asking for donations on paypal they are NOT Anonymous. Anonymous is not a Personal army, Anonymous does it for the LULZ.
edit on 5-10-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jamesackerson

You wear a Guy Fawkes Mask and You are Asian? Cool Story Bro!

My question was not directed at how it can be done, my question is regards to proof. You are implying that my question is about this video/ DDOS attack being successful in killing the machine as a whole. You lost me there. My question was in regards to evidence that Anonymous was cooked up by the government? Anonymous is the bastard child of /b/ in it;s infancy. It grew in to something else evolving and assimilating somewhat like the blob infusing ideas, causes, need want and like. Meaning?

Now the government can claim it has been hacked , breached and exploited by Anonymous sure. Under the banner of Anonymous. However this does not determine Anonymous as a government operation. If the government wants to frame Anoymous and use Anonymous as a scape goat then they have undermined themselves on several key aspects. They have fueled a uncontrollable monster and inspired people to oppose them and other interests in the process. The government alphabet agencies have used many activist groups historically by infiltration. We know this of course.

We know our own

Originally posted by ezwip
The problem with Anonymous is that they can be blamed for anything. All you have to do is visit a few websites, claim affiliation, and then do something ridiculously stupid.

Imagine the possibilities

edit on 5-10-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Was just hoping to stop someone searching for Hive mind or others, not taking the precautions you indicated, then getting nailed.
I've run networks for 11 years as part of my work, nothing major, maybe 100 Mac, PC and Linux boxes with a few servers. Not my main job though, but have a little bit of knowledge. Nothing compared to many who have replied on this thread.
I know I don't have the skills to do what is required to use LOIC. If that is the right term.
Not against Anonymous - how can you be against everyone/anyone - but the reference in the Pastebin about insecurities of loic and how it undid a lot of people who didn't take precautions in Operation Payback does serve as a warning.
October 15 is the day a protest has been organised for Australia; I'll be there.
I'll protest in the form of using my feet; not skilled enough to use my technical knowledge.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join