It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just slammed the Sun?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4U

Is it possible that the object hit with such force that it caused an explosion on the other side? No sarcassam here.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
lol wow are some of you really saying OMG THEY EDITED THE FOOTAGE!!!!??!?!

just FYI those are real time Gif's. The gif in question was from OCT 1 - 2. Today is OCT 3rd....of course you won't see the same footage. It's PAST OCT 1- 2.

Geez guys we're trying to deny ignorance here not promote it.

No wonder people think conspiracy theorist are crazy, because half of the preachers of conspiracies out there are just quick to jump the gun on every little thing and give out false info.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD

Is it possible that the object hit with such force that it caused an explosion on the other side? No sarcassam here.

Possible: it may not have gone straight through the middle, but scudded through the upper layers of the Sun. Or perhaps it just looks like the CME emerges 180 degrees opposite because of the way the footage plays.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by nuttin4U
Questions:
1.) How far is the sun away from us?
2.) How fast does a comet travel?
3.) How long did the comet or whatever that was take to impact the sun?

Answers:
1.) Approximately 93 MILLION miles from earth
2.) 40 miles per second (at it's closest point to the sun) A missle travels 14,000 mph.
3.) 13 seconds

Hypothesis:
BS. It was probably a missle that hit an object, in space...giving the illusion, as if it hit the sun. Correct me if i'm wrong....but the angle the U.F.O. (Unidentified Flying Object) was traveling, and the way the explosion occured, just doesn't make sense. The explosion should have come from the same direction the U.F.O. was traveling....not the opposite side.

Whoa.....slow up.
Where ya going with this?

Please break this down so I can understand.

I understand the math part to a certain degree. It doesn't add up. But I don't understand how you leaped to it being shot down (something I think we're TOTALLY capable of doing, by the way).

I love alternative beliefs!

Go on.........................

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD

That's a good question and from the spaceweather link it looks like it's a valid question.

The timing of the CME so soon after the comet dove into the sun suggests a link. But what? There is no known mechanism for comets to trigger solar explosions. Before 2011 most solar physicists would have discounted the events of Oct. 1st as pure coincidence--and pure coincidence is still the most likely explanation. Earlier this year, however, the Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO) watched another sungrazer disintegrate in the sun's atmosphere. On July 5, 2011, the unnamed comet appeared to interact with plasma and magnetic fields in its surroundings as it fell apart. Could a puny comet cause a magnetic instability that might propagate and blossom into a impressive CME? The question is not so crazy as it once seemed to be. spaceweather.com/

OiO

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I meant compared to anything within our solar system.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by nuttin4U
Questions:
1.) How far is the sun away from us?
2.) How fast does a comet travel?
3.) How long did the comet or whatever that was take to impact the sun?

Answers:
1.) Approximately 93 MILLION miles from earth
2.) 40 miles per second (at it's closest point to the sun) A missle travels 14,000 mph.
3.) 13 seconds

Hypothesis:
BS. It was probably a missle that hit an object, in space...giving the illusion, as if it hit the sun. Correct me if i'm wrong....but the angle the U.F.O. (Unidentified Flying Object) was traveling, and the way the explosion occured, just doesn't make sense. The explosion should have come from the same direction the U.F.O. was traveling....not the opposite side.

So what's your qualification to talk about astrophysics and the behaviour of the Sun to impacts? A 'missile' wouldn't even be visible at that scale, and would've melted before it was even remotely near the sun. It was a comet. These things do happen.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
That thing was big, way bigger than Elenin.
My question would be if someone spotted Elenin , why didn't someone spot this thing it was was bigger than Elenin.
Why wasn't this in the news or was it?
edit on 3-10-2011 by googolplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by freespirit1
Just found this on:

spaceweather.com...

Thanks my friend

Holy $^i+
I wonder if that did break on through to the other side (The Doors)
That is friggin enormous!!

Missile? Wow. I wonder.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
That thing was big, way bigger than Eilein.
My questipn would be if someone spotted Eilein , why didn't someone spot this thing it was was bigger than Eilein.
Why was this in the news or was it?

It was spotted, independently by four amateur astronomers. Can anyone actually point me to some photos or footage of this 'Elenin' because that seems to be the only object that no one as actually seen.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

My questipn would be if someone spotted Eilein , why didn't someone spot this thing it was was bigger than Eilein.

Shhh. Go back to your trough and stop questioning authority!!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

It was spotted, independently by four amateur astronomers. Can anyone actually point me to some photos or footage of this 'Elenin' because that seems to be the only object that no one as actually seen.

And that's another thing...........for an object that supposedly no one has really ever seen, there sure seems to be a lot of data and statistics for this phantom object!

I think that WAS Elenin slamming the Sun in this clip. That's my gut feeling.

link   
It is a large celestial of sometype. I cannot explain why the tailing end is so thick and bright though. Here are some pics from c3

10-01-230 ORIGINAL SHAPE BEFORE REFLECTION SHAPE CHANGES

10-01-454 LOOK AT BOTTOM BELOW CELESTIAL WHERE DID IT GO IN A 12 MINUTES

10-01-506

10-01-806 CHANGING REFLECTED SHAPE?

10-01-1254 WE HAVE SEEN THIS IMAGE BEFORE IF SOMEONE COULD REPOST?

edit on 10/3/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

link   
Where is that sunspot everyone was tweeking out over last week? Could that be what exploded? Is there any way to tell where it was when this thing hit? Note to self, brush up on solar terms. "Stuff" and "things".. I hate using those words haha!

link   

No problem.... new to this site so don't know how to do all of the fancy stuff yet, thanks for embedding that

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I don't usually post on these threads, since, basically, I have no clue what I'm talking about. BUT. WOW! Good Find Human A....
...Now, what the heck is it & was this 'burst' facing away from earth??

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Here is another site with video:
www.sott.net...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

I meant compared to anything within our solar system.

Yeah, I knew that but wanted to put that up anyway just to make us all feel that much more; less significant

Just kidding.
We all matter. A lot!

But we really are almost microscopic in the larger picture. Our Sun is like a grain of sand.
The whole concept is so vast it can drive a person insane just trying to wrap their heads around the reality of space....and time.

Sorry to get so philosophical on a science thread

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by j.r.c.b.
I don't usually post on these threads, since, basically, I have no clue what I'm talking about. BUT. WOW! Good Find Human A....
...Now, what the heck is it & was this 'burst' facing away from earth??

Thanks

Not sure.
And apparently heading our way!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I am barely awake but have been reading the
posts. Wow, that was some impact - good that
we have it confirmed as a comet now. So should
we expect a CME from this. Seems scientists
are a little perplexed as well.

Watch the movie again. The timing of the CME so soon after the comet dove into the sun suggests a link. But what? There is no known mechanism for comets to trigger solar explosions

Spaceweather.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join