It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just slammed the Sun?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+66 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

What just slammed the Sun?

lasco-www.nrl.navy.mil

N/A

www.youtube.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I honestly don't know how to read these satellite images but it's fairly obvious that SOMETHING huge hit the Sun a couple of hours ago.

Being the suspicious person that I am (thanks ATS) do you suppose that was Elenin? Or Comet 2005YU? That wasn't a teeny tiny 'comet'. Like the guy says, that was friggin' Earth-sized!

Does NASA really edit out their videos like this YT-er is suggesting? Wouldn't they realize people grab them 24 hours a day then upload them? So what's the point of editing them out (if they do)? They'd just calling more attention to themselves.

I don't know about the goings-on with the no-tell NASA boys but I thought this was worth sharing

Comment please.

lasco-www.nrl.navy.mil
(visit the link for the full news article)

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Given that the sun comprises 99% of all mass in the solar system, its gravity is such that it will attract lots of other spatial bodies, in much the way the gas giants like Jupiter and Saturn hoover up asteroids and comets, leaving Earth relatively safe from these impacts. I'm curious: I wonder if it was an object already known to NASA?

PS: shame the guy in the youtube clip has to lower himself to labelling anyone who doesn't agree with him as 'sheeple'. I really hope that miserable phrase can die a death very soon.
edit on 3-10-2011 by FlyingSpaghettiMonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I dont get it. What the hell was that? The size of that thing is bordering on absurd. I do hope this turns out to be something mundane.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
A pretty good detailed answer here:

A sun diving comet:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Just clicked the link...looked at the same gif....its not on there...there is no object flying towards the sun.

CurrentC2.gif

Not a thing, nothing like whats shown in the video

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
That was a HUGE impact.

Wow.

(hides under the desk)

S&F

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Pretty awsome footage.

I'm curious though as to the actual size of the thing that hit the sun. It had to be bigger than earth to cause a reaction on the other side of the sun.

But I will admit ignorance to things as this and am still learning.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I just downloaded the GIF and it seems they may have edited that one too...can anyone confirm? I just watched it several times and saw nothing

+18 more 
posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Are you trying to feed Phage?

I feel his presence. Hide, you fools!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Checked the link. I don't see it either.

So it's either fake, or just a standard sun-diver (their impacts look over exaggerated on Stereo)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Nice capture of whatever it was...looked like big meteor/comet but am guessing this happens from time to time it's just a case of getting lucky when it happens to 'impact' the Sun.

I am sure the sun gets bombarded a lot and nothing to worry about here.

S & Flag for you!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

Given that the sun comprises 99% of all mass in the solar system, its gravity is such that it will attract lots of other spatial bodies, in much the way the gas giants like Jupiter and Saturn hoover up asteroids and comets, leaving Earth relatively safe from these impacts. I'm curious: I wonder if it was an object already known to NASA?

Well yeah Flying'....I kinda knew that. It's like having a gigantic wet-vac around our planet sucking in debris.

But my, for lack of a better word, concern is; what the hell is a planet sized 'thing' doing lurking in our solar system? For all we know that could've been one of Jupiters' moon (I'm just making an exaggerate point).
I wonder if that solar flare is earthbound.

I don't claim to know a lot about all this stuff but I do know little about most....and my modest gauge suggests to me that NASA not only knows about this but kept it from us!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Pretty awsome footage.

I'm curious though as to the actual size of the thing that hit the sun. It had to be bigger than earth to cause a reaction on the other side of the sun.

But I will admit ignorance to things as this and am still learning.

If an object the size of the Earth - and with its gravity - flew inside the orbit of Mercury you'd really know about it; for a start, it would have been many times larger than earth before the sun began to destroy it as it reached perhihelion. No one saw such a massive object, so it's pretty certain this is just a comet.

As the other video says, there most likely will be a flare hitting the Earth in a couple of days. How powerful it is remains to be seen. There's not much point - or motive - for NASA pretending it won't, as there are countless astronomical organisations and individual observers able to transmit that information regardless.
edit on 3-10-2011 by FlyingSpaghettiMonster because: stuff

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
I dont get it. What the hell was that? The size of that thing is bordering on absurd. I do hope this turns out to be something mundane.

The only mundane thing that I can see being spun from this is, 'it's photo-shopped'

I mean how can this not, not be mundane?

People might play it down by saying "it's only a dirty snowball" or whatever gentle verbiage they wish to insert but anything the size of our planet, to me..... ain't mundane.

For me? This was Eleniin until proven otherwise! ( yeah, that's where I'm going with this, see?
)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

Wow!

That's one...big...comet.

I think.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

Headed our way?! Has a CME that large ever 'headed our way' in recorded history before?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Just clicked the link...looked at the same gif....its not on there...there is no object flying towards the sun.

CurrentC2.gif

Not a thing, nothing like whats shown in the video

So what do you make of that? It's being kept from us?...... or someone got a hold of some real good nifty NASA-software and is pulling a hoax on us?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Just found this on:

spaceweather.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join