It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Else Sick of Being Preached at on ATS? A Conspiracy Perhaps?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
In so many threads we are being told that we are sinners, being told to repent, being told to invite JESUS (often with block capitals) into our lives.

Well I'm sick of it! If I wanted to be preached at I'd go to church!

This is supposed to be a conspiracy website.

Some christians are clearly here to preach and coerce. They find some tenuous link in the bible to the current panic - be it Elenin or whatever, and then we get "your fears are my fears - God will save you, invite JESUS into your life".

Maybe there's a huge conspiracy right under our nose!

Well I for one am sick of it!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I am an atheist and I do not mind telling you that, I am tired of being bothered with people that beat their religion into me.We get tired of this, you will not make me believe the first 1000 times you said it. I'm still atheist and you're just making me angry.

God isn't coming to save you, get up off your ass and save your damn self! People wait on god their whole lives to save them and he never comes, get off the religious soapbox and do something from yourself.No matter how much I try to get away from the religious threads I end up sucked in like a hurricane.

It's unrealistic and you wonder why Christians are persecuted, they beat and try to convert everyone to their faith; and when people don't want to convert, and Christians get hurt. They scream religious persecution and we say "Finally, we all don't want to be sucked into the bull# boat."

It's my life I do what I want, you believe in a man who rose like the empty child, walked the streets and screamed his own words. I can't understand why you people believe in a man, a simple man. You can't believe in yourselves because you're too busy having the adult version of an "Imaginary friend."

Just because they're unhappy with their lives and they feel the need to have an "Imaginary friend." doesn't mean we have to.

Once people realise religion isn't getting them anywhere, we will go far in this world. OP, you need a star, flag and a virtual snog.
edit on 2-10-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
There does seem to be a whole lot of hardcore christians on here... I know something like a third of the world are christian, but didn't think so many would be preaching on here constantly.

I should probably just avoid the religious threads but I always seem to be drawn in and baffled at the nonsense they post. It is often rather entertaining though.
edit on 2-10-2011 by homeslice because: spelling

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

I wouldn't mind so much if they stuck to the religious threads... There is no safe haven where you can have a serious discussion without Jesus joining in.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Couldnt care less what they believe will happen to me to be honest lol

Its my life, i shall do with it what i want. I have no fear of a sky fairy, my parents never indoctrinated me

All religious people do it...some are just less in your face than others.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I see threads ranting from time to time about Christians going on about being saved, etc. I honestly never see these threads. You guys must be hanging out in different forums than I am. Or, perhaps, you're just too sensitive to it? I don't know...

Why do you have to let anyone else's beliefs bother you that much?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
seems really that there are only about a dozen hardcore folks that go to all threads and praise jesus and all will be ok. just leave your sinful lives and come to jesus... there arent many here just seems they ALWAYS have an opinion, and the answers are always the same no matter the subject...jesus or satan...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I agree!
There seems to be an increase in religious threads recently as people who are unhappy that the rest of the world doesn't share in their dogma express glee at the possibility that their saviour will return and smite all those who are deemed unworthy by their twisted standards.
ATS should be a forum for debate, argument and counterargument on many topics not a platform for every crackpot relishing the death and destruction that they know is coming.
Yeah a good debate on religion is fine based on reasoned argument,
but give it a rest with the dubious moral criteria for condemnation that is so enjoyed by the 'loving & compassionate' religious zealots.
I'm not attacking religious people at all, just object to them using ATS as a pulpit to preach from.

link   
The unsaved seek Christ the same way a robber seeks after the police. They avoid him as much as they can so that they can do whatever they want unhindered. If you don't like a post or thread don't click or read it. I would say that I probably avoid 98% of the threads on ats, because they are all crying about elenin, nwo, UFOs, or how the bible is full of lies... I'm not complaining though, it's to be expected from this bastion of atheist/secular humanist

link   
you have a choice to stop reading what they wrote.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
I honestly never see these threads. You guys must be hanging out in different forums than I am.
Why do you have to let anyone else's beliefs bother you that much?

Must be different forums. It bothers me because it gets in the way, derails threads and frankly, I find it a bit of a cheek!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
i think that "your going to burn in hell" should be a phrase added to the words that cant be uttered on ATS personally.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kingofmd

It's threads being hijacked and derailed that really gets my goat.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumansEh
I'm not attacking religious people at all, just object to them using ATS as a pulpit to preach from.

I really wish I'd put that in my original post. It sums up my mood perfectly! A star for you!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
i think that "your going to burn in hell" should be a phrase added to the words that cant be uttered on ATS personally.

You're right... That's quite an offensive thing to say when you think about it!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Insomniac

Thats true, old JC will pop up in pretty much any forum.
Guess he really is all knowing and all seeing!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
If you don't want to hear the Word of God, I suppose that is your choice. However, Christians have just as much of a right to express their opinions as you do. I would suggest that if you don't want to hear those opinions, that you steer clear of threads with a Christian theme.

I realize that every now and then you will see a comment referencing God in other threads as well, and as long as they are on topic you are going to have to accept the fact that they will appear. You aren't suggesting that Christians have their basic human right to voice their opinion revoked are you?

On another, final note, not all Christians do what you are claiming; threatening non-believers with hellfire and the like. Many of us (myself included) go by the adages "Judge not lest ye be judged," "Love thy enemy as thyself," and more secularly, "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar."

I'll never understand why, when it comes to Christianity, people get their panties in a twist simply because they hear or see it mentioned. Further, it seems that Atheists go out of their way to insult Christians - as opposed to followers of Buddhism, Hinduism, Wicca, and even Islam - calling Christ a "Magical Jewish Zombie" and a plethora of other cutsie little blasphemies, seemingly taking delight in insulting the faith of people who have done nothing to them whatsoever.

The Catholics say that when a demon hears the name of Jesus Christ, it literally causes them physical discomfort. Does hearing or seeing the name of Christ on an Internet board cause you any discomfort? No? Then chances are you aren't a demon; just thin-skinned and intolerant.

My .02

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

We know they have the right to express their opinions but when it's over 100 separate people talking about the exact same theories and facts, It does get old, at least bring a different opinion to the table and not the exact same topic.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

i have a better idea how about christians hold their tongue about their religious beliefs unless it is a religious thread...

the name of some old jewish guy never disturbs me... its the followers telling me im a bad person because i am not of their belief system.
edit on 2-10-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Insomniac
reply to post by kingofmd

It's threads being hijacked and derailed that really gets my goat.

As a Christian, I often post in threads, and make comments about what I believe. I always prefix these with "personally, I believe that...", and I never derail threads.
I have to agree with you wholeheartedly, in that taking a thread in a completely different direction to the OP is *ALWAYS* frustrating, I don't care how, by what means, or under what pretext you do it. There have been several occasions where I've told other Christians to take their personal debates elsewhere. Two people in particular on here tend to post in other people's threads and then run with their own, irrelevant to the OP, topics. It's incredibly rude and frustrating.

So... if it's a topic where you believe that your own thoughts, whether religious-oriented or not, have something to contribute, or relate in some concrete way to the OP, I'm all ears, I don't care what you believe, I'll be happy to listen (particularly if your post contains some kind of logic and thought to it)... but if all you've come to a thread to do is talk so that you can hear yourself speak, go open a thread in the rant section and just go nuts with the double posts.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join