It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Else Sick of Being Preached at on ATS? A Conspiracy Perhaps?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Yes I am

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
You are sinners (like me) You need to repent and invite JESUS in to your life
Now if I am wrong then laugh, if I am right then a time will come when you can heed this message.

If we dont preach Jesus and the message then we as Christians are failing in our duty, its an obligation. Please ignore us and the message if you want to. Grizzle sook and whine like a ford diff,
toughen up Princess, they are only words.
I can ignore bitchin atheists without complainin!

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Religion is like a penis.

It's fine to have one.

It's fine to be proud of yours

But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my children's throats.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
No one is ramming anything down peoples throats, is everyone so perceptive and sensitive to personal injury or slight that you can not simply ignore a post or thread that annoys you?

Are the Christians tying you to your computer chair and forcing you to read their post and respond? If it derails a thread simply ignore it and comment on the OP, otherwise you people are just contributing to the derailment?

I don't get the issue here, in christian threads I see atheist ripping on it constantly, You allow this stuff to annoy you, don't blame the poster, its on you for not being able to see a christian post with out it bugging you so much.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Insomniac

The easiest thing to do is just ignore them,if you don't subscribe to the views of the poster ,don't answer them!
But yes it does seem as though the posters of the "hellfire and brimstone"type posts are confusing ATS,which is essentially a conspiracy theory site with some of the sites which cater to their particular religious bias which are out there in their droves.

Sure eveyone is entitled to their own opinion and views,but is ATS really the forum for the more extreme aspects of religious beliefs?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
I guess I just don't see it the way you do. I haven't noticed an uptick in "You're going to Hell" posts at all.

And anyone who says that, especially in a mean-spirited way, are the ones not following Christ in the way He expected us. Christ spent all of his time among the unwashed masses; the whores, the thieves, the lepers, and tax collectors and never once have I read about Him threatening anybody. His message was one of love for all mankind and He just didn't roll like that.

He wasn't very fond of the ruling religious elite though.

You should get to know Him. To quote from Ferris Beuller, "He's a righteous dude."

What the.... were you preaching for Jesus Christ/Christianity by asking us to try to know "him" on a 'Anyone Else Sick of Being Preached at on ATS' Thread?

Hahahaa Sorry about picking on you, couldn't help myself, don't take this too seriously.

Back on topic, ya I am pretty sick of them, no one can escape their zeal, they will find a way to preach to you no matter where you go in this universe.

Fanatics live and breath their religion, unlike most normal people who have a lots of other things and hobbies to fall back on, they cannot imagine living without their religion nor do they want to.

They even have to make Atheism out to be a religion in order to understand it better with their mindsets, faith is even needed to "disbelief" and is therefore a religion. (even if one does not actively pray on that notion of "disbelief"?)

Having such a narrow black and white view of everything in the universe in relation to their religion and specifically their holy book, in my view, is a very dangerous mindset to have.

I think they cannot help it sometimes, you just have to respect and tolerate them until they give you a reason not to.

Let them threaten you with hell so long as they do not enact their threats directly as physically harm or indirectly through continuously verbal attacks to destroy your mental health.

We need to strengthen and better ourselves in everyway to make sure we do not become like them. (easier said than done, I am not there yet.)

Theist often say that Atheist and other non-believers are put here by their deity to test their faith, I feel that certain theists offer a good challenge to better one's logic and reasoning skills, at least, to some people who may feel the need to better these skills.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I can't help but laugh at the idea of a christian conspiracy on ATS. A lot of people who don't trust the U.S. government, and believe in conspiracies and prophesies are Christians. It's not strange that they would flock to ATS. Being sick of the preaching is understandable, but there is no conspiracy here.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The problem with religion and specifically the Christian religion is that this site is about denying ignorance.
Now if we would apply the same type of debunking techniques used on some threads to the Bible it becomes clear that it is a collection of ancient tales brought together in the Bible. Now I am a man of science and if you follow the approach of science you will simply have to admit the above stated. The problem is that a Christian will NEVER EVER even try to admit it COULD be a collection of ancient tales that were rewritten and put into a certain context to adhere to the story about this character most of them call Christ.

If they would only try to understand that the stories in the Bible if placed into context and read by people that weren't brought up believing it as to be truth that it becomes a book of madness with a god that is a raving lunatic which is plain evil. It all has a reason they defend these acts of insanity.... God wiping out whole villages or asking people to kill their own kids as a test.... seriously would anyone normal see that as something good?

Also they seem to reason from out of their own little circle and speak with so much righteousness that it usually makes me feel very sad for them. When speaking of god they use capital letters same with using "He" or "His" when mentioning some Jesus quotes. I find it very disrespectful if someone speaks as if he knows exactly how things are and that his god is the only god.

Another thing that bothers me is that most Christians actually never read the Bible cause they're not capable it seems when you speak with them. Yet they seem to repeat the same nonsense that their preachers are filling their heads with.

My words can be very insulting to some religious people I guess but some seem to not understand that they themselves are considered mentally ill if they would be isolated in their believes. It's this fact that makes me hate religion and I see it's evil wherever I go and read about History. They usually come back with some one liner that religion never killed as many as atheist with their little communist comparisons. It's all soo predictable and doesn't add anything to the discussion. Then of course you have the people (Atheist) that would bring up the whole Church pedophile ring thingy and that they should apologize. Then some religious people would come back saying that the church is NOT the religion but they only need to speak to Jesus to guide them (or whatever nonsense they would say). Then I would like to refer to my above statement that the Bible and Jesus are for non believers mostly fairytales and quite scary evil people are portrayed in them (god, angels etc).

Now that's basically the core problem that the Bible and it's stories would be considered evil if someone would put them in todays context. And that based on facts you can see it's a collection of stories thus not authentic. As most Christians would never even consider trying to think outside the box and look at the facts it's a lost cause to try to discuss matters with them. So them sticking their religious heads in topics blurring out fairytale wisdom is, well extremely sad and annoying.

Lastly let me be straight that I don't hate people even if religious but as religious people would often say they are misguided by their parents or surroundings. I do not blame them for their ignorance but it really makes me sad and think the planet is suffering a lot because of it.

Originally posted by OldCorp
And anyone who says that, especially in a mean-spirited way, are the ones not following Christ in the way He expected us. Christ spent all of his time among the unwashed masses; the whores, the thieves, the lepers, and tax collectors and never once have I read about Him threatening anybody. His message was one of love for all mankind and He just didn't roll like that.

Yeah well, found the below, plenty of other passages
"See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you (v. 14)"

www.biblegateway.com...

Anyways read this and maybe you can judge the Bible in todays standards of morality.
www.bandoli.no...
I dare all Christians to read that last link and come back as of why this god fellow is such a great guy.

*Not a native speaker so please keep that in mind.
edit on 3-10-2011 by FriendlyGopher because: link fix

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by lZEROl
Religion is like a penis.

It's fine to have one.

It's fine to be proud of yours

But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around.

And PLEASE don't try to shove it down my children's throats.

Hahaa good one, but perhaps you may like to try it (in the thoat), on faith.

and since they cannot sway you...

perhaps your children will.....

(bad joke!)(preaching???)

I don't understand how the faithful can be so restrained even after learning the facts of their religion's leaders actions to pardon their subordinates crimes of sexually abusing the innocent children under their flock.

Faith and the faithful seems so irrational to me, their ability to deny and disregard any impedance to their faith in their religion is hypocritical and amazing!...

Their actions and inactions show them for what they truely are... messed up from my point of view.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
true story and I felt compelled to tell you.
After a 10 minute rambling session with a co-worker which benefited me non except wasted time he said this:
Friend A)
But god said he is the only way, and for that reason it should be good enough to follow.
it's his words so therefor there are no other religions that are correct.

.... shocked at how naive this man was, I proceeded to quote;
"Believe nothing.
No matter where you read it,
Or who said it,
Even if I have said it,
Unless it agrees with your own reason
And your own common sense."

and followed by;
wouldn't you rather people believe what they want to believe and have 'true happiness to yourself?', why do you need to push your religious views down my throat and try convert me. Why not understand everybody is different and everybody will believe different things.

His response was nothing interesting, something about buddhism not being accepted in his religion and it's a shame to see me go to waste, blah blah blah.

You know a religion is bull# when they have to preach to people who don't wish to seek out that particular religion/story. That's what a crackhead does, repeat the same story over and over to different people in hope they will believe him.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I am glad you started this thread...thank you....it gives me a chance to clear up some things about myself. Some people on here have the misconception that I am a hardcore Christian......I am not. The reason they got that impression is because I have entered in on some discussions about Jesus.....I question things....I defend spiritual people in history....lately it was Jesus....but I would defend other spiritual people in history too...if the occasion arose.

I have never told someone (on this website) that they had to become a Christian or they would go to hell either.

I guess sometimes I am a little too inquisitive.... and sometimes I have been somewhat rude...to all...I apologize...I am working on improving.

I personally believe that no matter what religion, race color, or creed, you belong to..if you are a good person...and choose to live a good life...when your physical body dies....your spirit and soul will go to a place called heaven. I believe that it is your spiritual condition that matters...not your religion. I also believe in reincarnation.

The analogy I use is.....God is like a big huge mountain....and standing around the base of the mountain are people from every religion, race, color, creed holding hands...and looking up...and they are all looking at the same mountain.

To all...thanks for reading this....now you know!

edit on 3-10-2011 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Easy fix. Set up forum for jesusfreaks and/or anyone else who believes in magical supreme beings that can't be evidenced in any scientific way.

If the holy joes post their drivel outside their fantasy forum, it get's deleted and so do they.Pro christian rhetoric has as much place on a conspiracy site as sheep on a horsetrack.

Great thread S&F. Let's start a petition to firewall religious nonsense.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by blah yada
Set up forum for jesusfreaks and/or anyone else who believes in magical supreme beings that can't be evidenced in any scientific way.

That would be the Religion, Faith and Theology Forum

Let's start a petition to firewall religious nonsense.

I'm not likely to sign a petition to silence those with whom I disagree. I know it's a novel concept, but think about it...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

I find it funny that there are christians here who will apply the yardstick of logic to something like 911, but will never expose christianity to the same scrutiny. Because it's their faith, they fall back on the old Catch 22 mechanism which rules that faith ceases to be faith if you question it and is thus impervious to examination through scientific parameters.

Maybe it's time to put Occam's Razor to the throat of christianity.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
For me the traditional religion stuff isn't so bad. I do live in the bible belt and I can't venture out of my house without getting a sermon from a random stranger.

The stuff that makes my skin crawl are the love/peace/oneness crowd. What bothers me about those folks is they are often more judgmental and condescending then most traditional religious types. Reading through any of their posts, it is like there is an anger boiling right below the surface. Challenge what they believe and they let that anger rise really quick, only to say "peace to you". It is some of the worse hypocrisy I have encountered. I've noticed that they often dismiss tradition religion, only to fall into the same traps. My favorite being "your either with us or will be destroyed because you do not believe".

OiO

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Not so much to silence them, rather shield my ears and eyes from them.

So there is a special forum for them?I've not been there directly but may have unwittingly wound up there. You would think a "militant" atheist would be in there all day jousting and fencing like Errol Flynn.But I only engage christians when their tripe pops up in front of me and I am provoked by it.

If there wer no christian posts in ATS, I would not be engaged in a single theological debate anywhere on the internet.

They like to sniff trouble out. most of what I see from them here is passive aggressive provocation of atheists.

Hilariously they target atheists like they are a group or organisation, never realising that the the key to atheism is being sovereign of mind above all else.

The only prerequisite common trait of atheists is an inability to believe in a deity. There's no club, no t-shirt, no head man, no statues,no fancy garments,no gold chalices, no dues, no collection plates, no innate guilt, no set of rules, no hearsay. There could be, but there isn't. Atheists just don't seem to buy that crap, by their own individual decree, not some group consnsus.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Well...at least you found the right *forum* for your thread....

Other then that....

quit WHINING..............!

You can block
You canNOT go in

So...you get sick of what people are interested in..............
I get sick of whiners like you!.....

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
for the record .. im am not a believer in God/Jesus .. nor would i call myself an Athiest.. im all for a good religious debate... but it does seem to me that alot (not all) of believers of God/Jesus in here like to throw the "UR GOING TO BURN IN HELL" comment in at the non-believers... and i must say.. i find it to be one of the most offensive, disrespectful, rude + judgemental comments one can make to another...!!

if i was to tell another member in here to F##K OFF blah blah blah (insert offensive language here) i would have the mods on me with in minutes... so why is it not the same when someone tells me that im going to burn in hell..?? because to my ears... it is just as offensive.

i did once make a thread in the religious section of this site... + oh my gosh did i regret it... will never ever do that again.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Hey...just don't read those threads....I don't the ones that are atheistic or denie God....lol

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Insomniac
In so many threads we are being told that we are sinners, being told to repent, being told to invite JESUS (often with block capitals) into our lives.

Well I'm sick of it! If I wanted to be preached at I'd go to church!

Don't Click On the Threads

Your mouse is like a remote control for a TV. It's up to you which threads you click on and what you read. Same with posts you can skip over the ones you don't like. You either believe in Free Speech or you don't. You can't have it both ways.

I'm a Christian and I agree with you. These people are wrong to do that. They do have the same right to express themselves as you do though.

Christians are under attack from people who DO NOT believe in Free Speech or Freedom of Religion and I think many are just trying to fight back. Just like any huge group you will find radicals and nuts. Unless its a hate thing you should as an adult (?) be able to not click on threads you don't like.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join