It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ad Virus?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Ok I was just browsing the forums I was hit with a Virus Alert. I'm hoping everyone see's this.
I have never gotten a Alert like this from this site. In fact I never gotten a virus alert on this PC.
I went straight ATS I haven't been on another site today. (Well Since Logging Back On.)

Everyone be careful this looks like it could be a nasty virus.

I'm uploading screenshots,

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I had actually just left the bank of america topic when It popped up.

If you dont have virus protection you probably want to get it now.
IF you do have protection you probably want to scan.

The sites loading slow on computer right now. Maybe the whole virus was not blocked, or something is up with the site.
edit on 2-10-2011 by StarPeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
noticed the same thing my norton did the same
s&f wonder if skeptic knows?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
yup, same thing happened to me. cant remember which thread I clicked on

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Nothing here, with me.
Hmm.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
Nothing here, with me.
Hmm.

Me either, i'm not knocking on wood but I've got more viruses browsing GLP then I ever have here.
edit on 2-10-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I just posted this in this section so everyone would be on the look out.
I dont know if the entire virus was blocked, or if something is up with the site but it's loading pretty slowly for me right now.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
Nothing here, with me.
Hmm.

Me either, i'm not knocking on wood but I've got more viruses browsing GLP then I ever have here.
edit on 2-10-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

This is the only conspiracy site I visit. So I don't know.
I just know this is the first one virus alert I've had visiting this site.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It's probably related to the ads and since members are being fed different ads, not everyone will get a "hit" ... [ETA] I haven't really surfed ATS on Win. since '09 (caught a nasty virus from an ad) switched to Linux shortly after. Want to be extra cautious, but don't want to put Linux on your computer/laptop? Put it on a flash drive and use it...

edit on 2-10-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Linux is a lot easier to use than it used to be.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The Virus is called

Blackhole exploit kit type 2055

So maybe it is targeted to conspiracy sites?

I'm not going to post the URL.
You can see that in the screenshot.

Maybe its just one of the ads?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I agree. I have had no problems and my security/anti-everything software is up to date. It could be within an ad. However I'm going to send an email to the 3 amigos to alert them so they can follow this up asap.

Mike

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Someone commented earlier on a virus warning coming from an ATS page:

Just got a "virus blocked" warning from my antivirus from the Canadian thread.

So it seems this might not be thread specific. Would it be possible to get some clarification from a mod who might possibly know more?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dyllels

If it's also in another thread but only affecting some members I think it's very likely linked to something that's got in via some ads. Or an ad. I have just sent an email to the ATS site owners/admin and given them the url for this thread so they can (a ) see the screen shots which the OP has posted -- very good to do that OP
-- and (b ) take action.

Bill (Skeptic Overlord -- site owner) is very well versed in such matters as coding and I am sure he will be onto this pdq.

ETA: members, if you're getting the same issue then please get screenshots. It might help to track the problem, especially if it's due to an ad.

Mike

edit on 2/10/11 by JustMike because: added ETA.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by StarPeace

It is most likely from one of the adservers. This is why i truly hate ads, as they often also spread malware and viruses.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
It's probably related to the ads and since members are being fed different ads, not everyone will get a "hit" ... [ETA] I haven't really surfed ATS on Win. since '09 (caught a nasty virus from an ad) switched to Linux shortly after. Want to be extra cautious, but don't want to put Linux on your computer/laptop? Put it on a flash drive and use it...

I went to post last night. I wrote my thread, hit submit, and it didn't do anything. I hit preview and it went to a blank screen, and that was it. When I looked, my thread was up. The only time my system glitches like that is when I catch something (which, of course, is forced to go away when I close my browser). I love Linux.

OT: Ubuntu is awesome. Easy to use, and really not much of a shift from Winblows. You can run it from a thumb drive, like LadySkad said. I've had my system set up before where I only had data on a hard drive, and my OS on thumb. Worked great, and even set it up at one point to run a 10G hard drrive with all my data on a thumb, OS on another, and anything on the HDD was encrypted (programs, mostly).

link   
"boobfactor"
Rofl

link   

Originally posted by ludshed
Linux is a lot easier to use than it used to be.

Indeed it is. My sister even uses ubuntu linux now, even though she has absolutely no clue about computers. She even begged me to help her with it after having so much issues with windows and malware/viruses and is very happy with ubuntu so far.

If your hardware is fully supported it is actually much less pain than installing windows.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by wWizard
"boobfactor"
Rofl

ROFL.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
i had virus pop up on me last week too on ats.. i had used other sites that day but i was surfing ats when the pop up came from my anti virus software.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I saw a bunch of threads yesterday with titles like "ATS will be destroyed", etc. There were at least 20 over a short period of time. I had a look in one and it all seemed to be HTML - no actual statement or anything. It looked a little dodgy, and the threads were deleted very quickly (assumingly by the admins). I wonder if this is related?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join