It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lost Tribe Of Israel, Gad's Tribe perhaps the native americans?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
None of this changes the fact that the evidence being cited linking a "lost tribe of Israel" to Native Americans was fabricated by followers of Joseph Smith in the mid 1800's. The same thing occurred in South America, with further falsified rock carvings were made by Smith followers so they could show them to other and say "see, our teachings are right".

Gotta love modern religion, between LDS and Scientology you need to put all rational thought on hold. If we modern, educated humans can create massive and well financed churches from the writings of a science fiction author and a mid-western charlatan who literally pulled his gospel out of a hat it makes you realize that some of those ancient religions probably started under just as unlikely premises. (Like Akhenaten in Egypt or Zoroaster in Persia, etc. - well, actually, Christianity would be a better example than those two.)

That's one of my big problems with Ancient Aliens theories, is that fringe authors like Von Daniken, Sitchen, Herschal, Childress, etc. attach way too much importance to the religious writings of ancient cults. We never saw these cults when they originated, which may have been under as unlikely a circumstance as the LDS or Scientology origins, and about as fictional. "Jedism" is gaining some recognition as a real religion. Obviously we know how Jedism (based on the Jedi's from Star Wars) originated so it's easy for us to scoff as the idea. But 500 years from now, or 2,000 years, the origins may be muddled and we'll be left with, for all intents and purposes, a real religion with real followers.

Who knows, maybe some Jedis will walk out into the desert, carve "May the force be with you" into the rocks, and point to it and say "See! A lost tribe of Yodas were here!"

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
So, to get back on topic, No, the 'native Americans' have no link to the Israelites. They pre-date Israel by tens of thousands of years in some cases, and have no genetic connection.

Now, have fun saying up is down and red is blue. Im sure some will believe you.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Red algae blooms are off topic.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

Originally posted by redstorm
Thanks for having my back kimish. Some people would have to be told by a government paid scientist, after conducting many costly time consuming experiments, that the food they have ingested tastes pleasant. Like a watery wide eyed puppy on a short leash.

Likewise

And to think, we are being insulted.

Are you? Because, last I checked, your shoveling out the ad hom pretty thick.

I still am all for an age restriction on this site.

Yes, like that. Thanks for the example of your petty, off topic personal attacks.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Likewise

And to think, we are being insulted. It makes you think "did we touch a nerve on a persons train of thought or did we appear to discredit ones belief system?"

I still am all for an age restriction on this site.

"having an open mind is a way to enlightenment"- me
edit on 2-10-2011 by kimish because: (no reason given)

Yes. Mysteries are so intriguing.

Originally posted by ARealandTrueAmerican

Are you? Because, last I checked, your shoveling out the ad hom pretty thick.

Yes, like that. Thanks for the example of your petty, off topic personal attacks.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FloatingGhost
reply to post by kimish

Red algae blooms are off topic.

They absolutely are when referring to the "Red Sea". Please, go back to school

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

So, to get back on topic, No, the 'native Americans' have no link to the Israelites. They pre-date Israel by tens of thousands of years in some cases, and have no genetic connection.

Now, have fun saying up is down and red is blue. Im sure some will believe you.

%110 agreed

second line

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The 12 tribes of Israel are the 12 constellations of the Zodiac...so the lost tribe would most likely be the 13th constellation of the Zodiac...Ophiuchus

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Byrd

Wow way to torpedo my discussion. No point trying to continue your esteemed knowitallness, i bow to your expertise!

Yes, I did study anatomy in medical school. We're supposed to learn it, and it was pretty hard. It included all sorts of things that you'd never think of. When I was hired to teach the labs, I had to learn the difference in the racial makeup of skeletons and how to tell male from female skeletons.

They were tough courses. Lots of folks flunked. In order to learn it, I spent well over 200 hours going over bodies and bones and multiple skeletons.

So, I've seen the bones (many) of the different races and if you stood next to me, I can point out just how you can tell a Native American skeleton from that of a person of Jewish descent.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Could it be that the Lost tribe of Gad found their way into american via the Beringian land bridge?

Its unlikely that the Israelites relocated ALL the way to North America through the Bering land bridge.
Most of them never left the middle east... and the regions nearby.

If you are interested in lost tribes... consider looking up the connections between the Pashtun (tribesmen of Afghanistan and North west pakistan) and the Israelites. This is a very strong theory held as valid by many jews, christians and muslims. Heck, even A former Israeli president writes in his book that he believes Pashtuns have a strong Israelite connection.

Also Pashtun tribe names strongly resemble Israelite tribe names...

Ephraim = Afridi
Reuben = Rabbani
Levi = Levani
Gad = Gadoni

and so on.

Its interesting to note that the Pashtun are also known as "bani israel" (sons of israel, like b'nei israel.. despite harboring a dislike for jews.

If you are interested , I have some resources that I'd be glad to share.

edit on 3-10-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Sarkron

Sweet, that was helpful. Lol I was always thought that the 12 twelve tribes were the descendants of Jacobs 12 sons. So you suggest a secret knowledge of the story of jacob being an astrological parable maybe?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

reply to post by ARealandTrueAmerican

And you believe everything history tells us?? Come on, man. Seriously. "Red Sea" could've meant a large body of water (lake, pond, estuary, etc.) that had annual red algae blooms...

I see. And the fact that there is a 'red sea' that is geographical close to Israel that has been known as the Red Sea for THOUSANDS OF YEARS in various languages doesnt seem to ring a bell?

Well, more to the point -- the story comes from the Bible.

The chapter is Exodus (so we can all look it up) and it's the section about the plagues of Egypt and the death (presumed) of the Pharaoh's army.
Exodus 12 talks about the Red Sea being on the coast of Egypt
Exodus 15 says that the people went through the Red Sea from Egypt to Sur. From there they travel to a number of places still found in the Middle East. Had the Red Sea been Beringia, they couldn't have done this.
Numbers 21 talks about it being close to several sites in Israel
Deuteronomy 1-11 talks about the Red Sea being next to Israel and Jordan
Josiah references Egypt being next to the Red Sea
Kings does the same
as does Nehimiah, and several cases in Psalms 106

So the Bible itself says it's what we know of as today's Red Sea. And it says it 28 times, according to the concordance.

You can check it for yourself: www.blueletterbible.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You need only see the story of Sabbatai Zevi and the Donmeh community to start down the right path. These Jews were made to convert to Isalm in 666, but still practice Jewish crap to this day, and have always maintained that they were the original Jew. Also Iraq shuld be full of the original Jew. The Christian bible says that Jesus had feet like bronze and hair like wool if this tells you anything.

Those who wouldn’t convert were likely killed, and those who lived are likely widely dispersed across the region. The Romans brought many back to Italy as well to serve as slaves, so frescos from the time would be a good reference point for the appearance of the original jew.

Only one thing is certain, they were not European.

Notice the circumcised penis.

www.mmdtkw.org...
edit on 3-10-2011 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
I found a link that describes how natives americans had egyptian carvings that were found in the deserts of new Mexico and Arizona, and Colorado. Could it be that the Lost tribe of Gad found their way into american via the Beringian land bridge? Evidence suggests that it was possible it could have happened as the native americans claim that they belonged to the "first nation's people". How do the southwestern and northwestern native tribes end up with egyptian carvings when there were no established trade routes in those times between the 2 continents?

www.greatdreams.com...

edit on 2-10-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

I doubt it, native americans are full of stories and fairy tales that can last forever

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by patternfinder
that's because the jews aren't israelites, they are israelis, not the same thing, they came from khazzar....

Ugh. No, that's not true.

While it is (generally) correct that Ashkenazim Jews are not of Israelite origin, they are not descended from the Khazars; they're descended from European converts to Judaism during the Roman period, with a few families claiming descent from the Levites exiled from Iudaea.

The Khazars were a Turkic people who nominally adopted Judaism for political reasons, and then got their asses kicked by the mongols a few hundred years later; their descendants are more or less evenly-split between Islam and Eastern orthodoxy in modern Russian Caucasian Republics (Chechnya, Kaimykia, Stavorpol Krai, etc)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Who is 'Gad" ? Does he (she?) or you, have an edit button for your post?

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
certain Ojibway tribes share the same genotypes with some Israelite's

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
None of this changes the fact that the evidence being cited linking a "lost tribe of Israel" to Native Americans was fabricated by followers of Joseph Smith in the mid 1800's. The same thing occurred in South America, with further falsified rock carvings were made by Smith followers so they could show them to other and say "see, our teachings are right".

Gotta love modern religion, between LDS and Scientology you need to put all rational thought on hold. If we modern, educated humans can create massive and well financed churches from the writings of a science fiction author and a mid-western charlatan who literally pulled his gospel out of a hat it makes you realize that some of those ancient religions probably started under just as unlikely premises. (Like Akhenaten in Egypt or Zoroaster in Persia, etc. - well, actually, Christianity would be a better example than those two.)

That's one of my big problems with Ancient Aliens theories, is that fringe authors like Von Daniken, Sitchen, Herschal, Childress, etc. attach way too much importance to the religious writings of ancient cults. We never saw these cults when they originated, which may have been under as unlikely a circumstance as the LDS or Scientology origins, and about as fictional. "Jedism" is gaining some recognition as a real religion. Obviously we know how Jedism (based on the Jedi's from Star Wars) originated so it's easy for us to scoff as the idea. But 500 years from now, or 2,000 years, the origins may be muddled and we'll be left with, for all intents and purposes, a real religion with real followers.

Who knows, maybe some Jedis will walk out into the desert, carve "May the force be with you" into the rocks, and point to it and say "See! A lost tribe of Yodas were here!"

You know I read somewhere that stated that the red race was the mark of cain race.
Which would make the red race the first race,then the brown people, then the yellow race finally the white race. If you look at 21st century logistics on race population now. The red race is almost extinct. More yellow race folks on the planet to date now, then the black race and finally the white race. So in effect if your white race its always been the last.

Kinda funny considering two world wars were fought over white race folks, which consumed all the rest of the races. So if Cain's mark was the beginning of the red race, and they say the atlantians were white. Does it really matter? We are all humans, except for the lizard elite hybrids that run everything..

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Eye of Horus

Atlanteans cannot be white. No way.

Seen the movie Atlantis. They are shown 'brown'.

The pyramids are living proof of existence of advanced technology, that likely came from Atlantis.

The indian legends talk about a great civilization in a country called 'Pataal', which is located in Americas.

There is no legend or knowledge of white races till about 3000 years ago. So they were not well organized before that.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
This is an interesting topic thanks for posting

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join