It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lost Tribe Of Israel, Gad's Tribe perhaps the native americans?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I found a link that describes how natives americans had egyptian carvings that were found in the deserts of new Mexico and Arizona, and Colorado. Could it be that the Lost tribe of Gad found their way into american via the Beringian land bridge? Evidence suggests that it was possible it could have happened as the native americans claim that they belonged to the "first nation's people". How do the southwestern and northwestern native tribes end up with egyptian carvings when there were no established trade routes in those times between the 2 continents?

www.greatdreams.com...

edit on 2-10-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

There's some hazy stories of Egyptian hieroglyphics in Australia, and that Torres Strait and Arnhem land dialects have some Ancient Egyptian language in them.

I believe the burial methods were also very similar, supposedly.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I've heard the Australian aboriginals were the first people, the Jews were black........it would explain the hair thing though. There is somebody not telling us something either way.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I have always pondered this idea because if we remember correctly, the israelites wandered in the forests for 40 years until they had reached the promised land. Now if one was to walk from egypt to say Illinois or Iowa, how long would that take? While in the promised land protected by the one and only true supreme being, they remained untouched by outside influences and lived a life that was not only beneficial to themselves but also to the earth. They had a life that didn't require consuming in the sense that virtually nothing was wasted. Then white man, came along and took it away from them. I also believe that some words in indian cultures sound exactly like the supposed vocalization of the tetragrammaton. "In English it appeared in William Tyndale's translation of the Pentateuch ("The Five Books of Moses"),[29] published in 1530 in Germany, where Tyndale had studied since 1524, possibly in one or more of the universities at Wittenberg, Worms and Marburg, where Hebrew was taught.[30] The spelling used by Tyndale was "Iehouah"; at that time, I was not distinguished from J, and U was not distinguished from V.[31] The original 1611 printing of the Authorized King James Version used "Iehovah". Tyndale wrote about the divine name: "IEHOUAH [Jehovah], is God's name; neither is any creature so called; and it is as much to say as, One that is of himself, and dependeth of nothing. Moreover, as oft as thou seest LORD in great letters (except there be any error in the printing), it is in Hebrew Iehouah, Thou that art; or, He that is."[32]" -tetragrammaton in wikipedia.

Now if one is to say Iehouah, what does that sound like? does it not sound awfully close to Iowa? I find this theory incredibly interesting. Also, American native american's physically look similar to carvings and statues of ancient egyptians.
edit on 2-10-2011 by supermanning because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2011 by supermanning because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

The people of island of Atlantis fled to Egypt after the cataclysm.

Atlantis was off the East coast of north america.

So it all makes sense.

Nothing to do with Israel.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The book of mormon claims that Native AMericans are a lost tribe of Israel, DNA testing however has proven no Semetic link between Native americans and the Jewish race.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Jews and south Europeans are close.

Israelites were definitely a white race. The black/brown jew idea is unlikely.

The Arabs are a mix of Israelites and Egyptians. Egyptians are dark brown people.

The Arabs have shades because Babylonia were fair brown in antiquity. So Arabs have mix of three different races.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
How can peoples who have been living in America thousands (possibly tens of thosuands) of years before the earliest concept of Israel ever existed, be a lost tribe?

Maybe the Australian aborigines are another lost tribe?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

This is what I was thinking also. This theory doesn't explain the Olmecs (whom statues resembled Asians) or the tribes that even predated them.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The Bering Land Bridge that connected Asia with North America,disappeared roughly 10,000 to 15,000 years ago during the Pleistocene ice age.

At the end of the last Ice Age (late Pleistocene period), lowering sea levels created a land mass between Siberia and Alaska. The 580,000 square mile land mass was called Beringia...an area about twice the size of Texas. A land bridge fifty-five mile long connected Siberia and North America for approximately 3500 years. Radiocarbon dating by Dr. Scott Elias, at the University of Colorado's Institute of Arctic and Alpine Research, has shown lowering sea levels created this land bridge about 14,000 B.C. and by 10,500 B.C., rising sea water had submerged the Beringia land bridge beneath the Bering Strait. Based on plant life from sea-core samples, Dr. Ellis believes the area was covered with tundra plants and shrubs rather than an arid grassland. His findings would indicate Beringia was unsuitable for extended habitation by large grazing animals.

The first traces of an egyptian culture date back around 8000 years, at least 2000 years after the bering land bridge had been submerged by water. Judaism teaches that the world itself is no more than 5700 years old. So this lost tribe of people 'who did not exist at that time according to they're own texts' travelled across a land- bridge that had been submerged at least 2000 years, carrying relics of a people who were not even civilized enough themselves at that time to have created said relics? ok that makes perfect sense

edit on 2-10-2011 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

you are right in the sense that if you believe what is modern day israel is the same promised land given to the decendents of israel. What if the red sea that is mentioned by moses in the book of exodus was the water between alaska and russia? Remember egypt was the biggest nation in the world in those times and could have very well covered the whole european, african, and asian continents.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

The Native American people first originated from the mountains of Mongolia. They are Asian in bloodline.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by vedatruth

I'm glad you were'nt my history teacher!

You need to study facts, not assumptions.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

History is based on many things as 'facts' are rarely reliable.

OK, I made a statement. I did not give you any proof. So you have every right to say what you said.

Since I did not start this thread, let us see what OP has in terms of proof.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
There are a lot of stories about ancient civilizations in India some more than 10000 years old.

These stories are not well told, and not known in the western world.

Anyway I would love to see any decent proof to link the native american artifacts with Israel.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Mormons claim that a lost tribe in here in the new world, and at some point some of their followers took to creating those "Israelite" signs in the American southwest.

The Mormon Church and the Lost Tribes of Israel

For many years, the Mormon Church has claimed that Native Americans were the descendants of one of the lost tribes of Israel that migrated to the Americas around 600 B.C. In addition, according to Mormon doctrine, this tribe divided into two groups, the Nephites, who were whites, and the Lamanites, who became black as a punishment for worshiping idols.

However, DNA tests have contradicted the teachings of the Mormon Church. In an article written by William Lobdell and published in the Los Angeles Times on February 16, 2006, Lobdell said that the Mormon Church has disregarded DNA evidence as irrelevant.

Bedrock of a Faith Is Jolted

DNA tests contradict Mormon scripture. The church says the studies are being twisted to attack its beliefs.

Is The Mormon Church stuck with an embarrassing book it cannot historically support?

Mormons grow up with the belief that Native Americans are somehow related to a lost tribe from Israel. That tribe, they are told, came across the ocean about 600 B.C. to America, led by an otherwise unknown Jewish prophet named "Lehi."

To a Mormon this story is history, but to historians it is simply a fiction, concocted by Joseph Smith within his "Book of Mormon." The complete lack of any objective archaeological or historical proof to support such a story is explained away by Mormon apologists to the faithful. Mormons appear to believe that faith, makes fiction fact. But archaeologists, linguists and genetic experts, outside the subculture of Mormonism, have known for some time that Native Americans actually originated from Asia and not Israel.

Science and faith have increasingly collided as the Mormon religion continues on from its early beginnings. Confronted by historical evidence that repeatedly disproves their holy book, Mormons have long hoped for some artifact or research that would support their faith. Some felt that day might have indeed come through research at The Mormon Church-owned Brigham Young University in Provo, where genetic tests were being done during 2000.

And the Mormon faith has been doing a lot of genetic testing - with increasing desperation. As to those Israelite/Hebrew carvings in the Americas (allegedly from this "lost tribe") - that was the handiwork of early Mormons, trying to hoodwink other Mormons into believing this book was based on history and not the writings of Joseph Smith.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I don't know that I buy that.

But here is some info you might find interesting

The boats Ra and Ra II Ra II in the Kon-Tiki Museum In 1969 and 1970, Heyerdahl built two boats from papyrus and attempted to cross the Atlantic Ocean from Morocco in Africa. Based on drawings and models from ancient Egypt, the first boat, named Ra, was constructed by boat builders from Lake Chad using papyrus reed obtained from Lake Tana in Ethiopia and launched into the Atlantic Ocean from the coast of Morocco. After a number of weeks, Ra took on water after its crew made modifications to the vessel that caused it to sag and break apart. The ship was abandoned and the following year, another similar vessel, Ra II, was built of totora by boatmen from Lake Titicaca in Bolivia and likewise set sail across the Atlantic from Morocco, this time with great success. The boat reached Barbados, thus demonstrating that mariners could have dealt with trans-Atlantic voyages by sailing with the Canary Current.[17] A book, The Ra Expeditions, and a film documentary Ra (1972) were made about the voyages. Apart from the primary aspects of the expedition, Heyerdahl deliberately selected a crew representing a great diversity in race, nationality, religion and political viewpoint in order to demonstrate that at least on their own little floating island, people could cooperate and live peacefully. Additionally, the expedition took samples of marine pollution and presented their report to the United Nations.

Thor Heyerdahl and Ra II

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
just a few sources to help the OP (these favor the idea)
www.xmission.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.noahsark-naxuan.com...

I cited this one because there is a few good research articles contained in it
www.israelite.info...

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
i have always found the lost tribes of Israel interesting because it seems, to me, pretty clear that they were expelled and left for different places. The Cochin Jews came to India and have been there for almost 2000 years

en.wikipedia.org...

Cochin Jews, also called Malabar Jews (Malabar Yehudan), are the oldest group of Jews in India, with roots claimed to date to the time of King Solomon, though historically attested migration dates from the fall of Jerusalem in 70 CE. Historically, they lived in the Kingdom of Cochin in South India,[2] now part of the state of Kerala. Several rounds of immigration of the Jewish diaspora into Kerala led to an ethnic, but not a linguistic, diversity: the community was divided into White Jews and Black Jews, both of which spoke Judeo-Malayalam, a form of the Malayalam tongue native to the state.[3] The vast majority of the Cochin Jews emigrated to Israel; the number remaining in Kerala itself is minuscule, and the community faces extinction there.[4]

So that seems to be true, and if they could have made it to the coast of india, where else could they have gone? India is fairly close but that is still a long voyage and they successfully set up their own community.

Maybe they made it to parts of europe and started great kingdoms or states? Surely they made it to france.. possibly Mary Magdalene with Jesus' baby?

If you look to America, there are many stories of white gods coming and helping them. This is one of the greatest mysteries in history to me, who were these white gods? I think it could have been the jews, vikings, or templars, but i have no idea. It would seem most likely to be Jews or Phoenicians but who knows.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
What a great land this country truly must have been. New World indeed.
edit on 2-10-2011 by redstorm because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join