It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official, #OccupyWallStreet seizes The Brooklyn Bridge!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Rumors floating around that i was a trap, that the police lured a buncha protesters onto the bridge but there is a huge blackout about this

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
You know what really makes me angry?
The fact that we should be able to turn on the television and watch live coverage of this but MSM won't touch it.

LOL! I see someone beat me to the punch about the lack of coverage.
edit on 1-10-2011 by grumpydaysleeper because: simultaneous posting

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Yea that is what is being bad about the media, is there a way we can contact something like BBC , or CTV if oneside the US touches it then it might work, but still Canadian media outlets are heavily intertwined with their US counterparts

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hypr2011

The cops have this blocked off by both sides according to what I'm hearing and seeing. So, it looks like a trap.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypr2011
Yea that is what is being bad about the media, is there a way we can contact something like BBC , or CTV if oneside the US touches it then it might work, but still Canadian media outlets are heavily intertwined with their US counterparts
It is on Al Jazeera, lol Al Jazeera

There is also an article in The People's Daily Peoples Daily
But our MSM seems to be blithely ignoring it.

ETA: Ok, found it on FOX
edit on 1-10-2011 by DarthMuerte because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
i doubt the police have the means to process that many people. it may be a trap, but i wouldn't be surprised if the cops get whats coming to them soon.

what happens when you corner an animal? it has no choice but to fight, and those cops are outnumbered by a long shot.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
now...20,260 on live stream watching...hope this goes viral...fast.

www.livestream.com...

Global Revolution TV Channel

edit on 1-10-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It's going live in a few seconds again

some of media team possibly arrested
edit on 1-10-2011 by Dance4Life because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Wish I could watch it! My comp crashed, so I'm working off my phone.. which won't let me watch a live feed. Keep posting updates guys!!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I just sent emails to all of our local news stations asking them why there are no on air or online reports about the protests. Maybe everybody else who gives a damn here should do the same?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I wonder if they all ran one diriction if they could break the blockade?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

A huge group of people. Dressed in everything from business suits to college kids in jeans. A very peaceful crowd. The police are using about 6 men per arrest. It makes me feel some long lost pride in my American Heritage watching them.
edit on 1-10-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Absolutely. THis is disgusting watching this. Obama says to let other countries protests.... but we can't?

Nice

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Live feed is now streaming from the park. Police have shut down live stream from bridge, and reports of some of the live stream team have been arrested. Reports that Police now have both sides of the bridge blockaded, and are arresting everyone.....

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
If this is true, these people are about two days from being declared dangerous outlaws.

Seriously, this isn't good.

Depends on how you look at it. I see it as good.

Instead of being called outlaws, we will be called rebels. Is that not what every group of people are called that oppose the government and publicly speak out.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
If this is true, these people are about two days from being declared dangerous outlaws.

Outlaws today...Heroes tomorrow...it's all perception....only time will tell..

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doublemint
I wonder if they all ran one diriction if they could break the blockade?

I'm sure they could but what would be the point. It would just give tptb reason to label them as "terrorists". Keep this peaceful and be patient. Right now there are close to 20,000 people watching this on livestream. People will support them after they see the injustices happening.

As for MSM not covering, I think it is actually becoming a positive thing. It is waking people up. They are beginning to question why and that will lead them to understand the true purpose of this revolt.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

An estimated 2,000 people have gathered in Lower Manhattan, New York, for the largest protest yet under the banner Occupy Wall Street.

Demonstrators marched on New York's police headquarters to protest against arrests and police behaviour.

Several hundred people have camped out near Wall Street since 17 September as part of protests against corporate greed, politics, and inequality.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I've supported them from day one and will continue to do so. I'm going to take out my old desktop and give that a shot after I get my kids down.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

What you touched upon is my sentiment as well. I hope the decorum of peace is thoroughly indoctrinated into the collective psyche with firm and solid persuasion. If that keeps then we are good. Hope everything remains civil.

Count at post varied between 17,500 - 19,800.
edit on 1-10-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join