It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official, #OccupyWallStreet seizes The Brooklyn Bridge!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
According to the stream there has been 75 confirmed arrests, 350 protesters are still trapped, and city is sending buses. Those cops don't look too pleased having to deal with this. Personally I think they should join the protest. That would send a major message to the elite.

It's a shame to watch all those people getting arrested for peacefully protesting such an important issue. We have no real rights or freedoms when you get to the truth of the matter.
edit on 1-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

What's even worse is apparently it was the Cops who directed them that way, trapped them on both sides, now arresting them:

up of protestors onto the bridge where they'd set up a net to trap protestors, the protestors were *NOT* trying to block a bridge.
FloridaMom

link
sorry feed is scrolling to fast to capture it all...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Fox's ticker has info on the protests right now!!!!!

check it out... first i've seen!

ETA, it is off now, I suppose the ticker repeats??? I don't normally watch MSM.

I'm scanning CNN and FOX... MSNBC has prison show on.
edit on 1-10-2011 by pianopraze because: eta

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Yeah, I watched that too. Those police officers were risking escalations by trapping them on the bridge. They are lucky the protesters didn't become violent after that. I know they are there to be peaceful but the police are doing the dirty work for the banker scum. The citizens are the major tax payers who pay the salaries to these police too.

I wish I could be there right now. I appreciate the people that are there. Some people downplay the significance of these protests, but I definitely believe it is a step in the right direction.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy
These cops are wasting valuable resources--->
by arresting the very people who are paying their salaries.

edit on (10/1/1111 by loveguy because:

Nah, that is called job insurance.... if they stop arresting people, they won't have a job.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

These cops are wasting valuable resources--->
by arresting the very people who are paying their salaries.

edit on (10/1/1111 by loveguy because:

Nah, that is called job insurance.... if they stop arresting people, they won't have a job.

So their job now is to oppress their meal ticket?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

So their job now is to oppress their meal ticket?

They've been doing it for decades, now comes the tipping point.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
This has FALSE FLAG written all over it! FEMA COFFINS here we come!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignant
how is this gonna help the economy?

keep drinking your highly flouridated NYC tap water

sheeple are stupid, period.
edit on 1-10-2011 by ignant because: (no reason given)

It will prove to the Elite powers that the "small" people will no longer complacently give in to them, that is how it will help the economy. The Elite need to know the general public is serious about the issues in the economic atmosphere.

What are you doing to help the cause of the people, just sitting in your office chair calling concerned citizens "sheeple" from the looks of it. It seems you may have fallen into the trap of becoming a "sheeple" as well.

If you have nothing helpful to say how about you keep your fat pie hole shut....

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

At least they're doing something.

What are you doing?

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
One of the mods on the livestream commented that the ground crew had spoken to the NYPD, and the police are slowly starting to take part in the peaceful movement, because they believed that what happened on the bridge was not right.

When I hear any more about this I will update with some links. Just thought i'd relay what I heard to try and dispel some negativity going on up in here. Remember that "no division" includes police.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Sitting back and trying to survive a storm that I know could lead to the end of modern society as we know it. These tycoons don't understand that its the people who provide the demand for the products and services that made them rich. They've slit their own throats, and all this Wall Street slumps, China having trouble, and the EU seemingly on the verge of collapse is just another death knell.

I'm not doing anything because, frankly, I don't see there's any need.
edit on 2-10-2011 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
If this is true, they have just given license to NYPD to do whatever it takes to remove them from the streets. I think we need pictures (or a live feed) to verify exactly what it means when they say "taken over" the bridge...

ETA: simultaneous posting... thanks for the feed (above me)

Looks like there is a barrier on the side of the bridge where the police are standing, so maybe this was expected? or intended?

edit on 1-10-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

the NYPD would never get away with harming these people...after all the trouble the US has just caused in libya because of protesters being harmed by the libyan military the US could never get away with it.

rubber bullits and water cannons maybe..but thats about as far as they can go
edit on 2-10-2011 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
If this is true, these people are about two days from being declared dangerous outlaws.

Seriously, this isn't good.

Yes, you are correct. This will only go so far, they will bring in the police with riot gear, fire tear gas and every other so called "non-lethal" thing in their arsenal, and unfortunately...this will be game over.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Lets be real for a second.... Are we to expect ANY changes from these protests? I'd like to think that the 10,000 protesters would make a difference, but I just dont see our corrupted system being altered by a small group of people...I hope I'm wrong...

If we want change, these protests will need to turn violent.......just saying

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
This is huge!

No more will they ignore!

Hmmm...

Link : 'Let us go!': About 400 arrested in Wall Street protest

NEW YORK — About 400 anti-Wall Street protesters were arrested on Saturday after blocking traffic lanes on the Brooklyn Bridge and attempting an unauthorized march across the span, police and witnesses said.

"Approximately 400 were arrested on the Brooklyn Bridge late this afternoon after multiple warnings by police were given to protesters to stay on the pedestrian walkway," a police spokesman told Reuters.

"Some complied and took the walkway without being arrested. Others locked arms and proceeded on the Brooklyn-bound vehicular roadway. The latter were arrested," he added.

*shrugs*

You are right. They will no longer ignore you anymore.

edit on 10/2/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Wish I still lived in New York. I used to work in Manhatten everyday for a half dozen years. But I moved to FL in 2000.

But yea...if I still lived where I used to, I'd be out there with these people for sure

It'd be awesome to see the entire Island of Manhatten flooded with people shoulder to shoulder everywhere. Like Times Square on New Years Eve.

Or at least Lower Manhatten, I mean thats a reasonable goal.

The MSM is doing great by not covering this. Them not covering this speaks louder about the situation than any news reporter could!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by misfitofscience

The very definition of "False flag" is to commit an act of terrorism for which no such event(s) have occurred yet!

FEMA Coffins? Where do you think the brave 700 men, women and children were sent to after detainment? Ft. Dix NJ, West Point NY? No, a NYPD holding area along the Joe DiMaggio Highway along the Hudson River about 3 miles uptown from Zucotti park!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

You heard him, its official since it has been posted.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Well, most of the protestors said they were herded towards the bridge, they had no intention of seizing it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join