It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Western World Workers Must all Quit Their Jobs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Crazy Idea. Probably the best. Although highly fictitious and highly unlikely. Would TPTB (whomever they are) crumble if every worker quit their job in the western world? Or even some. Say all the United States workers quit for about 2-5 weeks.

With zero production and a halt on all product shipping, social networks down (phone/internet) This would cause panic among those in the united states government obviously, but I wonder if halting the world by this means would create a potential defeat to TPTB (bankers/etc).

I ask this question in a hypothetical sense.

Here is a trailer that may open your mind

Based on a true story
edit on 1-10-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
America is a dog eat dog society, there will be no mass work stoppage.

They've conditioned us to turn on each other and treat each other like trash. Where one person will quit their job in protest, you'll have shills and finks lining up to take his job.

The only way a work stoppage occurs is if the SHTF.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
If that happened you would probably all die, no food, no shop workers, milk etc. I bet 90% of the USA couldn't fend for themselves.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave

They've conditioned us to turn on each other and treat each other like trash. Where one person will quit their job in protest, you'll have shills and finks lining up to take his job.

I'm sure jobs are not easy to find in the Uk EU too. I also ask this as hypothetical. not as fact. let us say everyone was on board

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
you first, lead the way.

link   
duplicate

edit on 1-10-2011 by gameoverforyou because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
If that happened you would probably all die, no food, no shop workers, milk etc. I bet 90% of the USA couldn't fend for themselves.

Starvation makes people become smart. seriously am I all talking to Eu/uk people? lol nice avatar

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by gameoverforyou
you first, lead the way.

I'm not working at all. Haven't found work in 7 months

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
How would I provide for my family with no money?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

I'm sure jobs are not easy to find in the Uk EU too. I also ask this as hypothetical. not as fact. let us say everyone was on board

Then they(the corporate powers) would use their puppets in government to make us go back to work by force...I wouldn't be shocked.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

For every worker who quit...there would be 100 more in line right behind (him or her) to take the job over...and TPTB...know it.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Finalized
How would I provide for my family with no money?

Has ats lost their backbone? I figured I would have more support on the "idea". You go north or wherever your crops are growing. If you do not have crops you may have to resort to breaking into homes/grocery stores. If you dont have that you may have to resort on eating grass. Trading, tribal groups (people who form a group) all these things are available. People can survive on grass you know. shocking. First off America and Uk/EU do not know what being "poor" is. They are the richest people in the world. Even the middle class are far richer than those in Africa and they have no money, but ultimately they find ways of eating.

Go out and fish!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
again, you will never see this in America unless all hell breaks loose.

Crabs in a barrel my friend.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

again, you will never see this in America unless all hell breaks loose.

Crabs in a barrel my friend.

Way to derail a idea and twist it to your own beliefs.

Hunter/gathers survived so can we, we are obviously more evolved than them, so I figured we would be better off

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I kinda like having an ambulance service, hospitals, pharmacies, firefighters, police, teachers, gas stations, supermarkets, electricity, restaurants, etc etc etc

but yeah, food is nice, don't stop trucking it in !

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I don't understand your premise.

Just how would such a thing "defeat" the PTB? They are wealthy beyond belief. How would 2 weeks of work stoppage have any meaningful effect on them; especially since all of their competitors (I do believe they are a bunch of greedy bastards that compete with each other.) are in the same boat?

They have enough resources to survive any storm, whilst the poor workers are surviving only paycheck to paycheck. I think you should fill out your premise a bit so that we can understand better how you think this would work.

In my personal opinion a short term crisis would accomplish nothing. The PTB has to be stripped of its power, commerce, bit by bit over time -- buy local, buy organic, buy with a conscience, but still work so that you can buy and live -- just wean yourself off of what the big guy is selling you -- which is a load of crap.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
no offense to you op.. but what silly idea.

there is one major flaw in your idea.

when you turn a tap in your house.. the water doesn't just come out by itself, it takes many people for this process to occur.. same as when you flush your toilet..

with no shops and no access to fresh water in major cities, people will do what they need to survive and they will just take what they need.. shops will get looted.. and as the police and army is a job who will stop them?
and what about the injured? no doctors or nurses? no ambulance.. with no fire services, cities will burn to the ground.. im sure you get my point..

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

My life kinda relies on the use of MRI's and Oncologists, I'm not sure whether I'm ready to become collateral damage for the revolution, Maybe I'm just being selfish, but there are many more like me, who's lives rely on modern medical science.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
I don't understand your premise.

Just how would such a thing "defeat" the PTB? They are wealthy beyond belief. How would 2 weeks of work stoppage have any meaningful effect on them; especially since all of their competitors (I do believe they are a bunch of greedy bastards that compete with each other.) are in the same boat?

They have enough resources to survive any storm, whilst the poor workers are surviving only paycheck to paycheck. I think you should fill out your premise a bit so that we can understand better how you think this would work.

In my personal opinion a short term crisis would accomplish nothing. The PTB has to be stripped of its power, commerce, bit by bit over time -- buy local, buy organic, buy with a conscience, but still work so that you can buy and live -- just wean yourself off of what the big guy is selling you -- which is a load of crap.

Any investment in their stocks will come tumbling down. I predict that they know all future stock market tallys, most of them create it as well. So by putting all your eggs into one basket (all money in the stocks) will sink them due to horrible conditions in the market. at any rate I am for this.

People of modern conviance and conditions are obviously stuck in the system due to this. I also said that this is "highly unlikely" and I brought an idea to the board, but that isn't enough. I thought people were against a capitalistic world in which we have complete freedom from work and work would be turned into farming where technology has its greatest benefits at in crop yields. and also medical techna That being said perhaps the way I convey my idea has offended you capitalistic individuals. Keep the corporate gain!
Work harder and please continue feeding the NWO

Yes this idea is crazy, but look around you, you live in a crazy world.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

corporations are people. you would be sacrificing the lower 98 % of the workers to harm the top 2%

as a member of the lower 98%, I really don't want to be a martyr for that cause.

it's not a perfect system, there are grotesque abuses, but ruining all of it really isn't a bright idea

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join