It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Western World Workers Must all Quit Their Jobs

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I was going to actually take the time to read all these comments. Then everything started to sound like a less articulate version of Atlas Shrugged.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

Originally posted by Finalized
How would I provide for my family with no money?

Has ats lost their backbone? I figured I would have more support on the "idea". You go north or wherever your crops are growing. If you do not have crops you may have to resort to breaking into homes/grocery stores. If you dont have that you may have to resort on eating grass. Trading, tribal groups (people who form a group) all these things are available. People can survive on grass you know. shocking. First off America and Uk/EU do not know what being "poor" is. They are the richest people in the world. Even the middle class are far richer than those in Africa and they have no money, but ultimately they find ways of eating.

Go out and fish!

Kind of hard to do in the winter, for anyone living in a northern climate. Here in Canada winter lasts 5-6 months and no crops will grow anywhere but inside your house.

I think that if it were possible to organize a general strike in this day and age, the government would just legislate everyone back to work. If you didn't cooperate they would either throw you in jail or fill your job with someone else, or both.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I think everyone needs to stop supporting the system. Form counsels of citizens and start replacing the world with the Venus Project type system only grass roots, run by ordinary folk. And in groups. Not pyramids power structures. Inverted pyramid power structures.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

those in the poor areas of Africa die in high numbers of disease, malnutrition, and starvation. Some may find something to eat, but it is a miserable existence.

why would I live that way just on principle?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I wasn't aware that Americans still had jobs or that anything was manufactured here anymore. If that happened in China, America would be in for a world of hurt. Turn anything over you buy....it's all made in China.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Yeah, great idea. Everyone who IS working should stop working. No thanks. Where would the welfare grubs get their "gubment" checks from? No, we have to keep working, because the lazy slugs are depending on the money the government steals from us.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I myself, the mad hatter beating his drum. A few things. What makes this skunk worthy? I don't know. Apperently an opinion makes you stinky by default.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
If gas prices ever get past the $5.50 mark or so, this may happen in some areas anyways. People that do long distance commuting for near minimum wage without reasonable access to public transportation wont see the point in bothering anymore. The balance sheet simply wont add up and common sense should start kicking in.

People wont quit just because though, but if they get to a point where it's economically pointless to work then it may happen. At that stage either employers will have to start paying more, or people that actually do have money to spend will find it nearly worthless as nobody will be around to provide services. (What good is it if you have money to spend but everything is closed for lack of employees?)

We've skirted the edge a few times with things like gas prices, and we're still not out of it scot-free in this current economy.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
The workers are living paycheck to paycheck, while the elite are independently wealthy. No, this is far from the answer.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99
The workers are living paycheck to paycheck, while the elite are independently wealthy. No, this is far from the answer.

and maybe

that brings reality closer to the mind !

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Lol, the western world will starve and kill each other when that happens. Terrible idea.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Finalized

I have 3 kids, so yes I understand the whole family thing, but my point is you would not be the only one left. You would have friends and neighbors that would be in the same situation so therefore be able to work together for your essentials. It would not be as bleak as you may think. Total end to society can mean a ton of different scenarios. The main thing is you DO have family that would be able to help, just as they did before there was machines and power to run them. You would have a hand up on me because I do not know how to grow, but I'd learn real fast. As would many. Like I said you would be surprised at how people pull together during times of crisis when we all would have a common enemy, and the government has turned their backs on the people.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This thread roots out the capitalist for sure

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join