It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality is a "Dream" that last a lifetime.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by awareness10
I'd like to add that Time in itself is also an illusion, creating buffers between events
creating the illusion that everything is happening moment by moment when in reality
it is happening only in one Moment. The moment is about to pass away.

Time is kNot the illusion, it's this seemingly endless time-continuum loop that that's the illusion. Without Time, you wouldn't exist to live this magnificent Dream realized then materialized.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming

Originally posted by ValisInUnderland
they just don't get it,
we are all one

In geometric terms, it is like the zero-dimension and the point which must propagate into the first, second and third dimension. Remove the single-point and every dimension is props up collapses.

That single point is the Counsciousness of the Universe/Source/God and the Source of Time, thus, We are moving in Thought, kNot Time.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

This is also a fourth-dimensional quality where by we as beings existing within the third-dimension are limited by the dimensional boundaries which prevent information to become realized. For example, we know that in the 2nd dimension, any 3rd dimensional object that passes through truncates into a 2 dimensional slice.

In the second dimension, all third-dimensional information can only appear as 2 dimensional forms. The same holds true for fourth-dimensional information which can only be seen as the "present" or "now" moment to the third-dimensional observer.

In String-theory and M-theory there could be as many as 11 dimensions which exist to make up this multidimensional Universe. If these theories hold any truth, then it's the single-point, the singularity that propagates itself into all other dimensions.

As to dimensions, if you are referring to the actual Universe, All are One, so what you see in this spatial dimension, you see in All dimensions, even Time, for it is Universal Thought.

As to String Theories, you can't even tie your shoes with them, so I wouldn't recommend trying to utilize them any further for it will be fruitless, unless you want to apply them to a full bottle of Coca-Cola, with its top still on and a Closed Container.

There are only 3 Dimensions, 2 of Space and 1 of Time.

3 is the Greatest Number OF the Universe, the Trinality of You-nity.

Ribbit

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValisInUnderland
they just don't get it,
we are all one

It's a hard concept to grasp when we are individualized; this individualism creates a sense of separation. Many people think life is an illusion; the real illusion is that we think we are separate from the reality we inhabit. There is no separation; only interconnectedness and oneness.

One way to approach the idea with modern-day metaphors is to look at origins of the Universe and ideas like the Big Bang Theory where a "singularity" expanded into this Universe. The singularity represents the oneness that we came from. In quantum theory, everything that came from this singularity must be at some relative level, entangled.

In geometric terms, it is like the zero-dimension and the point which must propagate into the first, second and third dimension. Remove the single-point and every dimension is props up collapses.

Or, look at how the human body is composed of water, carbon, proteins and solar-energy. We are part of the Earth, the Sun and the Universe. The Earth, Sun and Universe are a part of us. We all share in interconnectedness. We are not separate from the reality we are a part of. We are clearly a part of it.

Understanding this entanglement with the singularity, this interconnectedness with matter... it all stems from the fact we are parts of a unified whole.

Bill Hicks said it best, "We are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively".

How many really realize that as a truth? If not... why not?

Oneness does not change the difference in preference, taste and opinion, all which exist in diversity. The "interconnectedness" of matter doesn't change this, any feeling of separation, doesn't stem from the concept of "literal" separation, but more so a separation in mutual understanding and sameness.

This is something I see repeatedly vouched for in this forum - "literal" oneness, which I can't help but to say has become de facto in philosophical interpretation. I'm not against it, but it is a position that goes no where in my opinion, its more so a dead end. What it can be used for, has already been said and used.

as for the the reality is a dream theory from the OP. I'll say I've had dreams that I could swear were precognitive based off lapsed memory in deja vu. But i've also done some experimenting with dreams, and as far as how we define dreams or what really distinguishes most dreams from "reality", is pretty consistent, such as the expectation of conversation, reading (which is possible, however a functioning vocabulary is not) even mathematical problem solving can be done, but lucidity imo is pretty much controlled by ourselves and preconceptions. It just isn't the same in waking reality, unless you are in a state of delirium.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raven_Heart
So, according to what you're saying, what happens when we die is that we, the great dreamer, wake up and go on with our life, until we die and wake up then go on with our life and die and wake up again and again and again, like some tipe of fractal? Or am I getting it wrong? If so, what about the people who are "left behind" here when someone dies?
This subject is really interesting...I've read stories about people who spent a lifetime during a night's sleep.
I had a two day dream once, where I went to sleep and woke up within the dream, which left me really confused when I really woke up (or maybe I didn't wake up yet?).
Fascinating thread, thank you for this!
edit on 3/10/2011 by Raven_Heart because: (no reason given)

Try, waking up and a new life awaits you, but you aren't necessarily flipped at that very moment, but there are always temp positions available until your next duty station is ready for connection.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

One of my earliest memories stems from a previous life as a soldier dying at war. After going through the death process a being of light appeared which then transported me through some unknown layers to be re-processed into the "Human Experience" which ultimately lead to this current life.

Did it seem fuzzy or organized layers?

Fuzzy = inverted energy surrouding WE at all times (aka: dinner).

Organized Layers = our 'brothers' and 'sisters' of self, connected to their Dream.

Further exploration lead to out-of-body experiences and the ability to now go back and review all of this pre-life experience to observe this process how we enter into Human life from a non-physical energy like state.

Bi-dimensional Telekinesis.
The connection to Soul connected to self.

What I can say about it all is that we are fundamentally all one universal entity that has evolved geometrically into dimensional manifolds that have allowed for the compartmentalization of itself into individual quantized micro-selves all experiencing and exploring creation through a distribution of dreamed of realities. It seems to have been going on in a span that exceeds time/space and enters into a non-temporal state of absolutism.

Absolutely beautiful!

You couldn't have explained an on-going Eternity in perpetuality any better.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
DP
edit on 28-10-2011 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Everything is evolutionary, experimental and relative to creating new expeirences. We are the product of this process; a testimony of quantifying thought into a chronological series of life expeirences. This process has been evolving beyond the lifespan of this current Universe as it's a non-temporal infinite and eternal state.

You are the first person I've heard say WE "are evolving beyond the lifespan of this current Universe."

With what you know of our connectedness and length of Time in totality within this current universal structure, could you imagine squaring that timeframe and being the only One, a lone voice in your own 'head' for that period of time, which had to seem like an eternity squared while goinst down?

Then imagining the happiness being experienced with quintillions of voices now, compared to then, I undoubtedly kNow We are never alone but I also kNow what true loneliness is, but I also kNow what true Love is as well!

Love born from Logic is the truest Love of All, Unconditional Love.

"WE are All for One and One for All, for WE are One Love for One and All."

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I know very little about the nature of this Universe other then it's real, it exits and I am a part of it. There is this underlying non-physical system which precedes the physical world. Even the physical world is derived from this non-physical realm as a type of virtual reality.

If you haven't watched it, you should watch the 13th Floor:

www.youtube.com...

But think more along the lines of AI & AL creating AI & AL, instead of just a virtual reality on top of a virtual reality.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
I always knew I was dreaming.

But I have only one question.

Who are you weirdos and why are you all in my dream?

If I'm in them, then they are the wet ones you don't want.

Toads are due to do the dew at any time.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Th0r
It's amazing, so amazing. am I insane, am I even I. I* know the answer to both those questions is no.

Question for OP (or anyone) how do I* refer to myself*?

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves"

☮&♥
edit on 26-10-2011 by Th0r because: added bill hicks quote, just because.

All matter is light contained that was once energy condensed to a slow vibration.

Death is an illusion.

Refer? There, it's WE, so with as above so below, WE inverted is ME. The biggest gift of this is WE get to experience the ME of WE that WE don't experience otherwise, so enjoy your vacation whilst it lasts.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by juveous
Oneness does not change the difference in preference, taste and opinion, all which exist in diversity. The "interconnectedness" of matter doesn't change this, any feeling of separation, doesn't stem from the concept of "literal" separation, but more so a separation in mutual understanding and sameness.

This is something I see repeatedly vouched for in this forum - "literal" oneness, which I can't help but to say has become de facto in philosophical interpretation. I'm not against it, but it is a position that goes no where in my opinion, its more so a dead end. What it can be used for, has already been said and used.

The idea of "literal Oneness" is thrown around. Do not take it lightly because if true it has huge implications as to what we are, and what we are a part of.

In physicality, we share everything. For example, we are all part of "sun" energy that is stored in various sugars due to photosynthesis. We are made of water, carbon, and many other Earth bound elements which are fundamentally shared amongst everything that lives.

Each cell in your body, although an individual cell is a part of a whole which is what your body is. We see relationships between the "many parts of the whole" in this reality. Why? Because everything is connected and unified within the big system which is reality.

If we are all literally one, then you are the Earth, the Sun, the Moon and all things living, dead and to be in the future. You are reality.

That is oneness... there is only you, compartmentalized into everything else that is also a part of you. A grand unified oneness. The great, "I am". The great "self" of the Universe. The literal oneness means you are your mom, your dad, your friends, your family, the people you see on the street, the cow you eat, the bird that sings... everything. It is all you. It is all me. It is what makes us reality.

I do struggle with that idea, and I feel there is individualism in reality. Which is for example the personality of being a Human within the sum total of cosmic existence. Yes, I am part of reality, but I am a person. An identity in this whole spectrum of existence.

I am me. What ever that is. For now, based on my subjective individualism as a personality within this vast Universe, I also realize that I did indeed exist as another human prior. This is not a belief, rather simply an extension of my own memories, my own experiences with reality. I do know as fact, that I existed before this life as another personality, another human.

That human has died, and what ever I am, has moved on into another human life. For me, that is a fact that I live with, and have always lived with.

So, let me reflect on that last life as another human, and how my last personality was stripped away at death, and reality so causally inserted me into yet another human lifetime. How is this so? What is the implications of such a reassembly of self?

Is there more then just that previous life then? Last time I checked, there appears to be many more, and not just human lives. There are insect, plant, animal lives also. In fact, when I try to filter through all of this, I find the more I look the more I see the "self" who I am a part of, interconnected and woven into every fabric of reality.

When I look for a beginning, I find only endlessness, absoluteness. I find that I have always existed in one form or another. That who and what I am, is not just the current life I live, rather a composite of many life experiences.

When I observe how we are compartmentalized in reality, I realize that even though I have a small fraction of awareness of other lifetimes relative to my own existence, it's just a drop in the ocean of reality. A small fraction within the astronomical system we are all a part of.

If literal oneness is true, then I am merely talking to myself as you, and you are talking to yourself as me. We are in different viewpoints as subjective humans, but fundamentally we are the same being, the same awareness which every living thing possesses.

All there is is the self, and the reality that it finds itself in. That is literal oneness. Is it true however?

I really don't know. All I know is that we exist, and we do indeed exist beyond being a physical human lifeform. We exist beyond a body, beyond time, beyond space. These artifacts are merely just a part of what we truly are. What I have seen tells me, we are reality. We are what is real.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
The dream ...ya ya ya.
That song... row row the boat ..gently down the stream...row row row the boat, life is but a dream.

A loaded gun won't set you free so they say.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by juveous
as for the the reality is a dream theory from the OP. I'll say I've had dreams that I could swear were precognitive based off lapsed memory in deja vu. But i've also done some experimenting with dreams, and as far as how we define dreams or what really distinguishes most dreams from "reality", is pretty consistent, such as the expectation of conversation, reading (which is possible, however a functioning vocabulary is not) even mathematical problem solving can be done, but lucidity imo is pretty much controlled by ourselves and preconceptions. It just isn't the same in waking reality, unless you are in a state of delirium.

I know that I have seen the future in my dreams. This is a matter of fact, not belief. There is no question I have seen future events in a past dream, on many occasions.

I have also changed these precognitive dreams and observed these changes come true. In fact, I have seen how organized thoughts can form "reality" if I want to get to brass tactics on what I've observed. In retrospect, I have seen how as a sentient conscious self-aware being that we can exist in a multitude of reality systems because all reality is derived from the thoughts that we produce.

From my perspective, all reality is created by thought. Which means a consciousness exists that propagates all reality by organizing thought into systems which we are currently subjected too.

This particular view of reality states that nothing can exist, if not dreamed of first. That dreams are the forge of reality.

I don't see that as a problem. I do like the fact that dreams and reality are interconnected, and are the same. It does take a certain perspective to see it. I admit that.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

From my perspective, all reality is created by thought. Which means a consciousness exists that propagates all reality by organizing thought into systems which we are currently subjected too.

This particular view of reality states that nothing can exist, if not dreamed of first. That dreams are the forge of reality.

I don't see that as a problem. I do like the fact that dreams and reality are interconnected, and are the same. It does take a certain perspective to see it. I admit that.

Imagination is similar to dreams, it's basically a waking dream, so why can't it be that nothing exists that hasn't been imagined first?

You should see the truth in that, even in our personal actions.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

If you or anyone wants to have a lucid dream... Try staying up way past midnight (no alcohol, caffeine, stimulants or drugs of any kind, no television, internet or reading of anything) Think of the mysteries of life, and questions you have, FOCUS on your thoughts, be completely alone throughout this, go to bed sometime after 3:00AM, then set an alarm clock for day break, let the sunlight in, get up, spend at least an hour awake, and active. Then get back in bed, with the daylight shining, have it as quiet as possible, clear your mind of EVERYTHING and make yourself fall back to sleep.

The dreams you'll have will be the most intense ever... If you do this properly.

Try it, I dare you.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToadDid it seem fuzzy or organized layers?

When I was 2, it was crystal clear conduit of past-life, pre-life, current life memory. At 39 years, it is more fuzzy and expected of memory decay that one goes through with age. Actually at 5 years of age, these memories became more distant when I embraced being that 5 year old kid. Suffice to say, there are always those unforgettable memories, and the ones that exist like film, just images frozen in fragments.

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad
Absolutely beautiful!

You couldn't have explained an on-going Eternity in perpetuality any better.

Ribbit

I'm just laying it out as I see it. How a singularity can evolve into multidimensionality and still remain the singularity through it all, aka... the self.

It's amazing, and means there is a lot more reality for each of the micro-selves to experience and be a part of. A symphony of eternal creation and dreams.

Thanks for all the replies and comments. I wanted to reply earlier but have work and family constraints which makes my forum time limited.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Interesting read here!

Back when I was 14 or 15 I used to do "things that I shouldn't," and I would have this recurring "trip" or "vision" that I was never able to completely grasp.

Fast forward 3 or 4 years to me doing "something that I shouldn't have been doing," when lo and behold, my "trip" or "vision" started playing out in real life, exactly the way it did all those years ago. It was like Deja Vu times a million, I think I've heard it called "Hyper Perception?"

Either way, I was positive that I was dying, and that this was my "life flashing before my eyes" or something. Needless to say, I am 100% confident that there is moar to deja vu than a simple memory glitch, and I have never since that time done this "thing I shouldn't".

If you really need to know what I was doing, send me a PM, but I won't discuss it here in the thread.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad
Imagination is similar to dreams, it's basically a waking dream, so why can't it be that nothing exists that hasn't been imagined first?

You should see the truth in that, even in our personal actions.

Ribbit

As Bill Hicks says, "We are the Imagination of ourselves."

Imagination, the ability to create an idea. In a reality that stems from dreaming, or thinking. It is the imagination that started the chain of events which organized everything into the organized reality we have today.

When I was 17, I had a lucid dream which became my first known "lucid precognitive dream". It was the most revealing of all my dreams so let me step-by-step reveal it to you as I remember and experienced it.

I fell asleep and was practicing being conscious during sleep. When my body fell asleep, I felt myself rise upwards about 20 feet in the air. I entered into a state which was like a void. Yet it was not void. It was black, there where wisps of dark, energetic blue waves.

A voice said, "What would you like to experience?".

I responded, "I would like to experience people setting aside their religious, social and political beliefs to enjoy each other's company."

The voice responded, "Very well."

And a square, 2D window appears which showed a location that was a physical location familiar to me. In that birds-eye picture, I saw myself on a beach. So, I entered this 2D window and synched into the dream-body which represented who I am today.

The dream included my request. I was at a beach with some friends near a fire-pit that had a fire. I knew the people that I was with. There were strangers that came to join us by the fire. One was a couple that rode in on a motorbike and the guy brought a guitar. Eventually he played, "Wish you where here" from Pink Floyd and I sang as he played.

There was a group of people who also joined us. What was interesting here is that they were travelling Christians and moved by what I was talking about decided to give me an example of the play and acted it out. It was wonderful.

Over all, the dream was a really good time and met my requested experience. I returned to that state and thanked this "voice" for such a wonderful dream experience. The whole time, I knew I was asleep in my bed and dreaming in a lucid and self-aware state.

When I woke up, I even reflected on this dream wishing life was more like that. I was in Grade 12, and in my English class when I reflected on this amazing lucid dream. What I did not know, was it was a future event.

After I graduated, my friends who where in that dream wanted to celebrate and go to the beach and roast marshmallows. When I arrived on the beach, and stepped into the same spot where I projected into the dream from the original lucid state, it was like stepping through a worm-hole.

I was suddenly in the same "lucid dream" which was created between me, and this voice. And all the same details transpired in a very literal context. It was my first lucid precognitive dream, and even having many non-lucid precognitive dreams prior, I was not really prepared to stare that reality in the face.

Yet I did. I really at that point had no choice. After all, I was lucid in the original dream and had clear memory. The fact it came true even to this day, blows my mind and solidifies the knowledge that I have that reality and dreams are interconnected.

Thankfully, I have had several more lucid precognitive dreams and have explored this deeply.

Very deeply.

To the point that I know it as fact.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

But see, I was under the impression it was true, but doesn't have the same implications you are suggesting. We know we are made of atoms, and we know atoms are in all matter (regarding technicalities with particles). To see the "me" in all things, is no different than to closely exam all things to see the similarities. It is like saying everything in the universe is me because it is all the same stuff just organized a bit differently. But that ends up begging the question of natural order, and we have a very diverse planet. The natural order suggests that there is a drive to distinguish. Distinguish what is beneficial, harmful, secure, what is fun and what is true. All accompanied by the will and capability to survive. My point is, to see everything as me, may not to some, but to some others it may disrupt the natural order to distinguish, and create a false sense of identity to other people, objects and abstractions

We may be all interconnected, but I only sense that some people may bridge those connections without knowing the order.

Sometimes I like the notion that you are me, and I am you, and to an extent I believe that, but only under broad generalizations. The fact is people are affected differently, develop different habits, learn differently and appear different and we have thoughts only ourselves can hear. There is so much subjective experience that you can't help but to distinguish yourselves from others, unless of course you don't want to, but then you have no use for variety which is that, the spice of life.

I'm only arguing alternative impressions to the notion because people are affected differently.

The fact that you can remember your past life is an enigma all on its own to me. But apparently there are many people like this.
Don't get me wrong, I cannot grasp the idea of not existing, and for what it's worth, eternity is one of the few things that makes sense to me. I do however, tread lightly on identity for psychological reasons.
edit on 29-10-2011 by juveous because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join