It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality is a "Dream" that last a lifetime.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

preaching to the choir brother

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I think that I get an excessive amount of deja-vu compared to other people. I have heard that deja-vu seems to happen in conjunction with anxiety, and I've had a severe anxiety disorder my entire life, so that might be true. I get the feeling with very mundane things, sometimes even something I am typing on the computer will trigger the sensation of deja vu. I have never actually written down an event that I have dreamed about or prophecized and had it later come true, nor am I certain that deja vu is a real event in which you are truly remembering something or if it is just some kind of brain error.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
So, according to what you're saying, what happens when we die is that we, the great dreamer, wake up and go on with our life, until we die and wake up then go on with our life and die and wake up again and again and again, like some tipe of fractal? Or am I getting it wrong? If so, what about the people who are "left behind" here when someone dies?
This subject is really interesting...I've read stories about people who spent a lifetime during a night's sleep.
I had a two day dream once, where I went to sleep and woke up within the dream, which left me really confused when I really woke up (or maybe I didn't wake up yet?).
Fascinating thread, thank you for this!
edit on 3/10/2011 by Raven_Heart because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrAndy
I think that I get an excessive amount of deja-vu compared to other people. I have heard that deja-vu seems to happen in conjunction with anxiety, and I've had a severe anxiety disorder my entire life, so that might be true. I get the feeling with very mundane things, sometimes even something I am typing on the computer will trigger the sensation of deja vu. I have never actually written down an event that I have dreamed about or prophecized and had it later come true, nor am I certain that deja vu is a real event in which you are truly remembering something or if it is just some kind of brain error.

Déjà Vu when linked to memories of past dreams is known as Déjà Rêvé. Quite commonly people enter into sleep induced amnesia so this causes the trigger effect when patterns start to emerge. Having had hundreds of precognitive dreams throughout my life, it is quite apparent to me from first-hand experience that dreams of future events are a part of the human experience. This does not mean however that everyone remembers this particular type of dream, and the nature of dreaming and sleep induced amnesia suggests a reason as to why this is.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raven_Heart
So, according to what you're saying, what happens when we die is that we, the great dreamer, wake up and go on with our life, until we die and wake up then go on with our life and die and wake up again and again and again, like some tipe of fractal? Or am I getting it wrong? If so, what about the people who are "left behind" here when someone dies?
This subject is really interesting...I've read stories about people who spent a lifetime during a night's sleep.
I had a two day dream once, where I went to sleep and woke up within the dream, which left me really confused when I really woke up (or maybe I didn't wake up yet?).
Fascinating thread, thank you for this!
edit on 3/10/2011 by Raven_Heart because: (no reason given)

Hi Raven Heart,

The fractal idea is one way at looking at interconnectedness within an "entangled" Universe. The process of entering into a "dream that lasts a lifetime" is quite intriguing. Based on personal observation of this process, and being a part of this process with enough memory of moving from one life to the next. I'll share some of my personal observations.

When we are not infused into a life-form on Earth, we exist (and existed prior to becoming a life-form on Earth) as a type of self-aware energy. You have probably heard of the "being of light" observations people have reported during near-death experiences.

One of my earliest memories stems from a previous life as a soldier dying at war. After going through the death process a being of light appeared which then transported me through some unknown layers to be re-processed into the "Human Experience" which ultimately lead to this current life.

In that pre-life state, my prior human personality was not at all willing nor wanting to go back and be human again. I protested the decision of this "unknown" being of light to send me back. I largely contribute that struggle as to why these past-life and pre-life memories solidified when I started to emerge into this new life.

This profound experience haunted my childhood, and I would have flashbacks and was quite conflicted with having what is effectively reincarnated into a new lifetime. That said, as a child I was also observing this reality from the idea that it was a dream, and quite clearly. It wasn't until I was 5 years old that all of this awareness subsided and I normalized into the average joe that I am today.

At 15, I started to become interested in dreaming to such a degree that lucid dreaming came naturally and spontaneously. Added to that mix was the sudden discovery of precognitive dreams and shared dreams. Further exploration lead to out-of-body experiences and the ability to now go back and review all of this pre-life experience to observe this process how we enter into Human life from a non-physical energy like state.

This personal investigation lead to the realization of many lifetimes and many other reality-systems at work within this large scale non-physical reality. I akin it now to going to a Video Store and literally being able to pick and choose a "life" to experience in a multitude of different worlds, realities and so forth.

Through it all, I became aware that this being of light that had sent me back was ultimately myself although unknown to me in the initial contact. That came with a very profound series of out-of-body experiences that yielded that rediscovery and then everything just clicked and made sense from that point on.

What I can say about it all is that we are fundamentally all one universal entity that has evolved geometrically into dimensional manifolds that have allowed for the compartmentalization of itself into individual quantized micro-selves all experiencing and exploring creation through a distribution of dreamed of realities. It seems to have been going on in a span that exceeds time/space and enters into a non-temporal state of absolutism.

Those are some of my observations, and dreams (organized thoughts) are the product of this system where by reality is made possible.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Now, THAT is confusing!

Let us see if I got it right this time...in a very simplified way of saying it, we are basically God (universal entity) having fun with a "video game", and upon death we cease to exist as an individual to be re-absorbed by the whole, the "one", or we continue as an individual just to be sent back here, is that it? Man, I really don't like that idea...in fact, it freaks me out, to think that when my life ends, instead of experiencing heaven, eternal bliss or something like that, a superior being will come to me and say "Go back there and suffer it all again! Now!" and then "poof", here I am again, scared, without a clue on what's going on, repeat to eternity. It sounds a little like what I would call eternal torture, or "hell". Creepy.
Forgive me if I sound a little dumb, but it's a little difficult for me to wrap my head around this concept.
edit on 4/10/2011 by Raven_Heart because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I have a question for you OP.. Lately I've been having these weird detachments in my every day life. Ill be sitting talking to someone and ill start getting a feeling im dreaming and I start viewing myself as something separate from my body. For a few minutes, everything feels unreal and like a dream. Would your dream theory have any explanation for that?
edit on 4-10-2011 by blackmetalmist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Now, THAT is confusing!

Let us see if I got it right this time...in a very simplified way of saying it, we are basically God (universal entity) having fun with a "video game", and upon death we cease to exist as an individual to be re-absorbed by the whole, the "one", or we continue as an individual just to be sent back here, is that it?

I would say, its far bigger then that even given the scope of reality (which is astronomical, seemingly infinite).

However, the fact is we are all derived from this primordial self-aware oneness that is absolute, unbounded, eternal and the substance of existence. What I am striving to understand myself is we have this primordial self-awareness that is in a state of singularity; through repeat thought processes evolved a multidimensional manifold which is basically time/space and all known/theoretical dimensions.

Everything is evolutionary, experimental and relative to creating new expeirences. We are the product of this process; a testimony of quantifying thought into a chronological series of life expeirences. This process has been evolving beyond the lifespan of this current Universe as it's a non-temporal infinite and eternal state.

We are now individualized parts of this primordial self and experiencing the end-result of the creative process that lead to the birth of this Universe and potentially many others. We are even evolving the creative process forward and where this is all going to end-up is really unknown to me. It's hard to fathom because of the amnesia we experience between lifetimes and even during sleep. A bit of a mind-job.

Originally posted by Raven_Heart Man, I really don't like that idea...in fact, it freaks me out, to think that when my life ends, instead of experiencing heaven, eternal bliss or something like that, a superior being will come to me and say "Go back there and suffer it all again! Now!" and then "poof", here I am again, scared, without a clue on what's going on, repeat to eternity. It sounds a little like what I would call eternal torture, or "hell". Creepy.
Forgive me if I sound a little dumb, but it's a little difficult for me to wrap my head around this concept.
edit on 4/10/2011 by Raven_Heart because: (no reason given)

It is a tad bit creepy given that we are stripped of our current personality that we developed in a single-life, to be reintroduced into another life; as to how many or if there is an end... I really don't know. Suffice to say, I have observed a number of my own but that could be a mere scratch on the surface.

The idea of eternal bliss would inevitably become redundant and boring given the concept of eternity. One might want to escape such a state and reintroduce themselves into the mortal experience to just have a break from being endless and eternal.

I'm still sorting out the pieces, but there are clear definitive archetypes in this experience and an afterlife, a process of incarnation, and dreams all seem to interconnect with what this reality is. It's very complicated given the scope and magnitude of not just this Universe, but the idea that many Universes exist within this cosmic entity we are a part of. I'm dumbfounded in just trying to wrap my head around human existence let alone the idea that an infinite number of possible lives and personalities exist within the context of this universe experiencing itself in this manner.

But then again, I did read a very interesting analogy of what happens when a raindrop falls back into the ocean and that seems to be a metaphor for us leaving this ocean of the self to return once the journey is over.

What ever it is, here we are examining it, experiencing it and perhaps creating along side with it.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I can believe this to be true, the other night I had a dream my old boss was shouting at me for a overdue design of a new type of nipple protector. of all the strange and crazy things to dream about.anyhows

A few days later one Radio 1 a presenter was talking about doing a marathon and desperatly needing a some form of nipple protection as he didnt want sore nipples.

as this kind of thing happens alot to me so It didnt come as much of a surprise,

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
I have a question for you OP.. Lately I've been having these weird detachments in my every day life. Ill be sitting talking to someone and ill start getting a feeling im dreaming and I start viewing myself as something separate from my body. For a few minutes, everything feels unreal and like a dream. Would your dream theory have any explanation for that?
edit on 4-10-2011 by blackmetalmist because: (no reason given)

There have been times in my life where through the process of being awake and aware during a lucid dream; experience the dreamlike quality transfer into this physical world when the lucid dream turned out being a precognitive one.

Imagine being asleep, now awake and aware in the dream. You have a dreamed of event knowing you are dreaming the entire time. When the event finishes you wake up, go about your daily routine only to encounter this dream actualize weeks later.

Then in this physical world seeing clearly, with a great level of awareness the very same lucid dream you had but instead of the dreamworld, it's this world. I have had many of those types of experiences in my life. They are the bridge between what is dreamed of, and what actualizes as reality.

It is this process that exposed the covert relationship between dreams and physical reality as being the same. Something that I cannot go back on and erase.

You may be partly waking up to this type of information. I know when it hits me, I see the dream as I would in any lucid dream, but the dream is now atomized and this physical world. Hard to transcribe in text all the awareness, realizations and knowing that comes but once self-evident it's hard to dismiss.

Becoming aware of the dream makes reality feel dreamlike. I would think that is a natural product of coming into this type of focus state and awareness.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Thank you for the explanation. I thought I was losing my mind for a while but I am beginning to become more aware of this so called reality and of course the possibility its all a dream. Im a very lucid dreamer and have experienced deja vu and even predicted my future events to some degree. Not major stuff of course, but things that fit in days later.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Maybe our human mind is too limited to even get a grasp on the general idea of what's going on...I feel like I'm standing on the edge of insanity when I start to think too much about that. Anyway, this theory of yours sounds something like that fascinating short story called "The Egg", which was posted numerous times on ATS, and surely you've read it already. If not, here's a link to it: The Egg
Keep on your quest for the ultimate truth, and please keep us updated on your findings. You are walking an interesting path. Who knows what you could find further down the road?
I wish you all the best!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Maybe our human mind is too limited to even get a grasp on the general idea of what's going on...I feel like I'm standing on the edge of insanity when I start to think too much about that. Anyway, this theory of yours sounds something like that fascinating short story called "The Egg", which was posted numerous times on ATS, and surely you've read it already. If not, here's a link to it: The Egg
Keep on your quest for the ultimate truth, and please keep us updated on your findings. You are walking an interesting path. Who knows what you could find further down the road?
I wish you all the best!

Thanks for sharing The Egg, I had not read it. Although I cannot say with certainty that we incarnate as every human; yet the nature of being stripped of one's personality through each lifetime does merit that anything like this is possible.

Even with some of my key insights: Having reincarnated and having past-life, pre-life memory. Having seen reality unfold from a dream in the precognitive context. Having observed other potential reality-systems while in an out-of-body state...

I know very little about the nature of this Universe other then it's real, it exits and I am a part of it. There is this underlying non-physical system which precedes the physical world. Even the physical world is derived from this non-physical realm as a type of virtual reality.

In a literal context we could all be the parts of one "whole" which is the sum-total of all that exists. The flow and control of information makes for the confusion. It would be nice to just know the truth of things, but we are in a state where our perceptions, our minds and our awareness is altered to conform to a human life experience.

It is mind boggling. But, at least it is. Reality is amazing.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I always knew I was dreaming.

But I have only one question.

Who are you weirdos and why are you all in my dream?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Raven_Heart

Ya "the egg" story its been posted more then a couple of times on ATS, and it does have a ring of truth to it.....However if it is true then it also is.... bat # crazy... And sure as hell sounds like something god would do.

If we are incarnate as every single human that is alive, or has lived, or will live....Then there is bound to be a lot of sorrow and pain. I mean think about it really, that would mean that you are also incarnated as not only the good and fun things in life....But the bad, plain crazy and completely insane as well, and some of them are plain scary to even think about.

Such as the serial killers, criminals, and all the people who have died in wars, or accidents or even the babies who have were born into this world only to end up dying minutes to hours latter....I am sure you have all heard the stories of such things no doubt, so there will be no need for me to elaborate.

But clearly as you can see, it is something that a human mind can not fathom. And it would be enough to drive anybody insane even a would be god/higher entity in training/becoming. But it would be a very effective teaching tool, and way of getting everybody to experience it all...eventually. And it would definitely wake anybody and anything up given enough experience in that godly school....Brings new meaning to that whole "Ye shall be as gods" saying, does it not?

But ya its not all rainbow and sunshine it seems. So don't go a rocking the boat, and making more waves then necessary people, because literally your not hurting anybody but yourself.
In time you shall see, when you have become awakened ones.

Anyways I like this vid better then the egg story, that story is depressing. This one! well it's got a more happier ending...Even though it to has been posted on ATS more then a couple of times it helps to watch it again from time to time, especially in these gloomy and doomy times.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
It's amazing, so amazing. am I insane, am I even I. I* know the answer to both those questions is no.

Question for OP (or anyone) how do I* refer to myself*?

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves"

☮&♥
edit on 26-10-2011 by Th0r because: added bill hicks quote, just because.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Th0r

Anyway you like.

Unlocked, unbounded and free... that is what I am working on in this dream. Not an easy task.

At least it's a dream, so that's a perk.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming

Originally posted by litterbaux

You put "self" in quotes, are you sure you're not alien?
edit on 1-10-2011 by litterbaux because: (no reason given)

I put self in quotes because the "self" is something you posses, as do I. In fact, aliens would also possess the self.

The question then is, what do Aliens know about the self?

The self is who we all are.

The problem is all lifeforms in this spatial dimension/realm are technically alien to where ever they are, including this earth planet of many, and one thing you didn't say is this is a Dream manifested in the Real, although kNot "self's" Real, and a déjà vu dream isn't really you but it is of your person that your individual Soul of "self" currently inhabits in this physical Dream.

I'd love to hear your Soulstate memories.
I wish I could remember Home-Sweet-Home, but I haven't been allowed access to that as of yet but I am aware by other means.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
I want some of what you are smoking....

Remember: Puff,Puff..Pass

Sharing is Caring!

Ribbit

Ps: Stop Bogarting.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by awareness10

Yes and the more we believe in this 'dream' the more we create it. What people need to
realise is that to 'disconnect' from it by being the Observer rather than the Creator of it,
it will continue in their field of illusion as being more real. It's like an onion with layers
upon layers. Each layer is all happening at Once. And dejavu happens because we
already forsaw it and it will keep on recreating and producing what we call physical matter
until we see it for what it is, then it will fade away and have no more any power. I believe
the illlusion is about to crumble.

The Dream is already created, you are just living it.

Hold on, the ride gets bumpy but it's a great ride!

Ribbit

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join