It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality is a "Dream" that last a lifetime.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Hey Juveous,

What is true? That you are here right now reading this text? That is a truth. You are right now reading this text.

Atoms play a role in that, certainly. And amongst all of those atoms, you exist as a part of reality. A self-aware being. What makes being you true?

Originally posted by juveous
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

But see, I was under the impression it was true, but doesn't have the same implications you are suggesting. We know we are made of atoms, and we know atoms are in all matter (regarding technicalities with particles). To see the "me" in all things, is no different than to closely exam all things to see the similarities. It is like saying everything in the universe is me because it is all the same stuff just organized a bit differently. But that ends up begging the question of natural order, and we have a very diverse planet. The natural order suggests that there is a drive to distinguish. Distinguish what is beneficial, harmful, secure, what is fun and what is true. All accompanied by the will and capability to survive. My point is, to see everything as me, may not to some, but to some others it may disrupt the natural order to distinguish, and create a false sense of identity to other people, objects and abstractions

Everything that exists. That is real. Experiences itself as a part of reality. Reality exists to everything living, as a subjective part of itself. When a bird dies, when a tree dies... when a human dies. All contribute to the reality, the big picture.

Right now, you and I are that big picture. We are bearing down on a reality that is so real, we wake up to it every day. And when we fall asleep?

We dream.

We may be all interconnected, but I only sense that some people may bridge those connections without knowing the order.

What is the order?

Sometimes I like the notion that you are me, and I am you, and to an extent I believe that, but only under broad generalizations. The fact is people are affected differently, develop different habits, learn differently and appear different and we have thoughts only ourselves can hear. There is so much subjective experience that you can't help but to distinguish yourselves from others, unless of course you don't want to, but then you have no use for variety which is that, the spice of life.

We exist as individuals, I think that's a pretty obvious part of life. When we die however, begs the question. Do we exist? Do we cease? If you understand and know life, then you should have some kindling of a spark that we do indeed exist, cease and exist.

That life is just a part of existence, as is death.

I'm only arguing alternative impressions to the notion because people are affected differently.

The fact that you can remember your past life is an enigma all on its own to me. But apparently there are many people like this.
Don't get me wrong, I cannot grasp the idea of not existing, and for what it's worth, eternity is one of the few things that makes sense to me. I do however, tread lightly on identity for psychological reasons.
edit on 29-10-2011 by juveous because: (no reason given)

I do remember past lives. I remember a lot of things.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

All i mean by knowing the order, is the cause and effect that creates the diverse life and matter.
Im comfortable with stating that we are the universe experiencing itself, but it is the experience i know from this body. Im not entirely sure if existence and experience are interchangeable.

edit on 30-10-2011 by juveous because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

All i mean by knowing the order, is the cause and effect that creates the diverse life and matter.
Im comfortable with stating that we are the universe experiencing itself, but it is the experience i know from this body. Im not entirely sure if existence and experience are interchangeable.

edit on 30-10-2011 by juveous because: (no reason given)

What you know is that you are real, and that you exist on a planet called, "Earth". Beyond that, you know that you are a self-aware being that dreams.

You exist in both a "Earth life" experience and a dream experience when you sleep. They are both parts of a reality that you have awareness of, and both are parts of what you are as a being.

Of these two parts, which are you more knowledgeable of, and which is more real?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I hope this helps...

It's black and white to me really.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

"I do not die, I awaken to the dream I lived." A personal favorite of mine.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sickscent

"I do not die, I awaken to the dream I lived." A personal favorite of mine.

"Life is a Dream and Time is Real for without Time, you wouldn't exist to live this magnificent Dream realized then materialized in Perfection." - Old Toad Proverb

Ribbit

Ps: Hey Stinky, you need to read the question posed by LilDudeissocool here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's in reference to Marko Rodin and I kNow you can answer it better than I can but I will be watching the 4 hour video when I can. I didn't realize he got into Base-9 Mathematics, which I dew understand so that'll be interesting to see how he's tied the two together.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Great thread. I myself understand what your talking about and believe you can catch a glimpse of the future in your dreams or maybe as you dream you are creating reality and as were awake were just living out what we already know is going to happen. Story time!
One night, about 5 years ago i dream t of this girl adding me on myspace. I woke up so sure it had already happened but once I logged on, there her request was. Cheesy example but one that creeped me out at the time. Im sure ive dreamed of stuff which has happened in my awake life plenty of times, i just have to pay more attention to my dreams and put the pieces together.
cheers

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Great thread. I myself understand what your talking about and believe you can catch a glimpse of the future in your dreams or maybe as you dream you are creating reality and as were awake were just living out what we already know is going to happen. Story time!
One night, about 5 years ago i dream t of this girl adding me on myspace. I woke up so sure it had already happened but once I logged on, there her request was. Cheesy example but one that creeped me out at the time. Im sure ive dreamed of stuff which has happened in my awake life plenty of times, i just have to pay more attention to my dreams and put the pieces together.
cheers

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwantmygoldback1933
cheers

One day in 6th or 7th grade , back in 96 or 97 I had a dream about the day that was about to happen.

I then awoke and during certain parts of that day....maybe 6-8 times, I KNEW what was going to happen, down to what my teacher and another student would say in succession. I was just so amazed by it at the time that it was all I could think about that day.

So yea I've been there.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Dreams are very much a narrative language of the self. When you see the future in a dream, the potential exists to see this relationship between dreams and reality. That in a literal context, it exists. If self-evident, then other people sharing their accounts certainly helps. It's refreshing to find people, however limited who actually know about this covert relationship between dreams and reality.

I'm personally fond of the first-hand subjective introduction of precognitive dreaming. When it becomes self-evident, is when I expect to find others like myself. Who see reality and dreams related in this way. Abe Lincoln and Mark Twain both have accounts of precognitive dreaming. I find that fascinating, and exhilarating.

cheers

It's not something that is for one, currently accepted as remotely possible by the main-stream sciences. Clearly, the lack of interest and acknowledgement of this relationship is "scientifically" unimportant. That's fundamentally a condition of "When in Rome" as every generation has it's own establishment.

Thankfully, my research into precognitive dreams has shown that it has a long history in human culture and has been talked about, thought about in many generations. The fact that it exists in my opinion then becomes a matter of scientific discovery. However long that takes.

Crossing paradigms seems to be a very big deal in the scientific community. This certainly crosses a paradigm. There is no question there. Knowing that dreams and reality are related through this process of self-observed and self-evident precognition fortunately gives one hopes that not everyone on the planet is that lacking.

Thanks for sharing your dream with us IWantMyGoldBack. Hopefully you will personally aspire to greater levels of experience with this dream/reality dualism.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
When I was young I used to know I was dreaming an be able to do what I wished in my dreams .I gradually lost the abilty to be aware in my dreams as I grew older.By the time I reached 12 or 13 it was gone.Thease days no matter how bizzare my sleep dreams are I am unable to realize that Im sleep dreaming....Thankyou for this thread .

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecossiepossie
When I was young I used to know I was dreaming an be able to do what I wished in my dreams .I gradually lost the abilty to be aware in my dreams as I grew older.By the time I reached 12 or 13 it was gone.Thease days no matter how bizzare my sleep dreams are I am unable to realize that Im sleep dreaming....Thankyou for this thread .

I'm revising my "Course on Consciousness" that I teach some dreaming techniques. I think there is a value in dreaming worthy of personal exploration.

A nice way to experience different realities that you create. How wonderful.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join