It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hannity Show (.vs) Occupy Wall Street

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
No but since Fox is the # 1 most watched news, there is an influence of significant degree, no?
This what bothers me too, one can just turn this stuff off if they choose, but we still have to deal with the hype at the work water cooler, family gatherings and casual discussions with co countrymen(people). So while he may not influence a lot of youth, the influence still influences. But hey, let freedom ring, and call others stupid, that does a lot of good I reckon?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wasco2

They are sticking up for us all and to dare play the "Left-v-Right" paradigm card here is sickening and pitiful. Americans of all backgrounds are protesting. That's right, the reason why the GOP don't care is because the target happens to be the Numero Uno contributor to the entire GOP!

Go away!
edit on 1-10-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

I think Fox is just pissed off because they could have never rallied this kind of support from any of their viewers.
So it's easier to mock them, am I right?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

blah blah blah

people are just too stupid to think for themselves heard it numerous times on here.

hannity is making people stupid oh the horror the horror!!!! he must be taken off the air!!!

please

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Attack that of which you cannot control. That is what is being employed. Now, if they were slamming unions, Obama, Arabs, immigrants then Fox would be all over it development by development like flies on manure but since this started in the cities and not in suburbia they hate it and cannot stand it now that the #OSW is now at their front door.

The TBM will NEVER EVER generate the kind of numbers that this movement has.

Can you say, HYPOCRITES?

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

people are just too stupid to think for themselves heard it numerous times on here.
And it's true. Exhibit A: The guy defending Fox News propaganda.

hannity is making people stupid oh the horror the horror!!!! he must be taken off the air!!!
Hannity isn't necessarily making people stupid, but I would say stupid people watch his show, and the misinformation he spreads helps to shape their ignorant mindset.

please
You're welcome.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

edit on 1-10-2011 by neo96 because: yeah right like i am going to waste my time on personal insults

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Completely agree.

I never saw the title "Right Wing Lunatics" on any of the tea party rallies. At least not on Fox.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

blah blah blah

please

What is there to think about? Hannity intentionally negatively spun and distorted facts and to defend him makes you lose your credibility. How can you sit there and justify this obvious hitpiece filled with so many lies and mistruths?

This is the very definition of a Disinformation campaign. Misinfo is to say something is true without having all the facts before you while a disinfo is an intentional distortion of reality while caring not for facts.

None of those signs featured in the segment were there and I was there.

I am questioning your thinking and not attacking you.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

who cares? seriiously who gives a crap someone said they all do it

but no no just call hannity out and dismiss the others.

whatever

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

whatever

If I saw Olbermann, Maddow, Schultz or O'Donnell conduct a blatant case of disinfo of course I am going to call them out on it.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I'd say Karl Marx if I knew Fox News was interviewing me. Why? Just to be a cheeky little bastard. Just to scare the sheep and make them baaa in their homes.

Also, stop arguing with Neo, he is paid to post here. (I bet this gets removed, I get banned, or I get a pm from a moderator for posting this)
edit on 1-10-2011 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

That's because the OP of this therad is a video of Hannity bashing the protestors.

I don't play favorites, find me a video of CNN, ABC, MSNBC, FOX, RT, Bill Maher, Jon Stewart, or Steven Colbert pushing misinformation like this, and I will call it like I see it. Propaganda is propaganda, it doesn't matter who is spreading it.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

who cares? i have sit there and listened for 3 years the bashing of the teaparty

by that "same corporate media"

no no that dont matter hannity and fox news is evil

give me a break

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

i post mainly to annoy people like you thats its own reward

You know neo, I vowed to never respond to you again out of consideration to a fellow member, but this is just insulting, You have called members stupid half a dozen times today, and what gets me is your star count

I guess people really do like seeing bullying, blaming and insults. But I will speak up for our hood and express disapproval of your contributions here, again and still.

You are part of the problem man, not any solution.
edit on 1-10-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

who cares? i have sit there and listened for 3 years the bashing of the teaparty

by that "same corporate media"
Good, you're starting to see that the corporate media isn't there to objectively report the news. You're well on your way, young grasshopper

no no that dont matter hannity and fox news is evil
There you go again, you seem to think I sit at home Tivo-ing CNN, MSNBC, and whatever media outlets you have beef with, but the reality is I don't watch any corporate media stations because I see them for what they are.

I don't hate Fox News and praise every other media outlet, I hate all of the corporate media.

give me a break
Sorry I'm all out of kit-kats.
edit on 1-10-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2
I loved it. This Wall St. thing will amount to nothing when all the left wing loons there get bored and look for something else to waste there time with.

Kimberly Guilfoyle is smoking hot and probably smarter than any three of the demostrators put together. Any video with her in it is worth watching.

Don't matter if is she is smarter or smoking hot. I would not romance that girl for anything. Manipulation is not my cup of tea. She says the protesters don't have purpose and focus in life. If that's the case then why don't the protesters have purpose and focus in life? That is a more intresting question. This is definetly not journalism. It's all propaganda. The incredable thing is that it is so badly made. If fox is paying high salaries for this then they are not getting their moneys worth

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Look, I'm against greed, I'm against big banks and International conglomerates controlling everything, and I'm also against big government. But, I have looked and listened to every piece of information I could find about these demonstrations and I really don't know what their overall purpose is.

They're PO'd about the way this country is headed, well so are most of us. Can somebody, anybody, tell me exactly what they want? They give the impression that there is no consensus, no goals except to tear down the banks or whatever. Well, the banks are not going to just start throwing money out into the streets. Somebody has to organize this thing to get any kind of results, and that has to start with clear ideas and objectives or nobody is going to take them serious.

It's starting to look more like a 60's Woodstock again. "Yea man, let's have another revolution!" ain't going to cut it.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zapr1943

I really don't know what their overall purpose is.

* CLEAR LIST OF DEMANDS FOR CONGRESS when we engage in direct action at the Capitol complex

INVESTIGATE, ARREST AND TRY THE WALL STREET CRIMINALS who clearly broke the law and helped cause the 2008 financial crisis in the following notable cases: (insert list of the most clear cut criminal actions). There is a pretty broad consensus that there is a clear group of people who got away with millions / billions illegally and haven't been brought to justice. Boy would this be long overdue and cathartic for millions of Americans. It would also be a shot across the bow for the financial industry. If you watch the solidly researched and awared winning documentary film "Inside Job" that was narrated by Matt Damon (pretty brave Matt!) and do other research, it wouldn't take long to develop the list.

CONGRESS ENACT LEGISLATION TO PROTECT OUR DEMOCRACY BY REVERSING THE EFFECTS OF THE CITIZENS UNITED SUPREME COURT DECISION which essentially said corporations can spend as much as they want on elections and no disclosure is required about who's giving to who. Corporations should be highly limited in ability to contribute to political campaigns no matter what the election and no matter what the form of media. The Supreme Court decision is really weird. Read it when you have a chance. The justices who argued for unlimited corporate contributions without disclosure thought that wouldn't have an adverse effect on democracy and wouldn't undermine the citizen's view of legitimacy of elections. I'm not sure there's a word for that it's so strange.

ACTION ON GLASS-STEAGALL en.wikipedia.org...–Steagall_Act --- Wiki entry summary: The repeal of provisions of the Glass–Steagall Act of 1933 by the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act effectively removed the separation that previously existed between investment banking which issued securities and commercial banks which accepted deposits. The deregulation also removed conflict of interest prohibitions between investment bankers serving as officers of commercial banks. Most economists believe this repeal directly contributed to the severity of the Financial crisis of 2007–2011 by allowing Wall Street investment banking firms to gamble with their depositors' money that was held in commercial banks owned or created by the investment firms.

CONGRESS PASS THE BUFFETT RULE ON FAIR TAXATION SO THE RICH AND CORPORATIONS PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE & CLOSE CORPORATE TAX LOOP HOLES INCLUDING PROHIBITION ON HIDING FUNDS OFF SHORE. Pass the Buffet Rule on fair taxation so the rich pay their fair share. (If you really had a good negotiating position and had the place surrounded, you could actually dial up taxes on millionaires, billionaires and corporations even higher. But this would require direct non-violent blockades / action in New York and DC to get the broad public support necessary).

CONGRESS COMPLETELY REVAMP THE SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION AND STAFF IT AT HIGHEST AND LOWEST LEVELS WITH PROFESSIONALS WHO GET THE JOB DONE PROTECTING THE INTEGRITY OF THE MARKET THEREBY PROTECTING THE AMERICAN PEOPLE AND INVESTORS. Also, this agency needs a large staff and needs to be well-funded.

RE-ESTABLISH THE PUBLIC AIRWAVES IN THE U.S. SO THAT POLITICAL CANDIDATES ARE GIVEN EQUAL TIME FOR FREE AT REASONABLE INTERVALS IN DAILY PROGRAMMING DURING CAMPAIGN SEASON. The same should extend to other media.

CONGRESS ENACT SPECIFIC LAWS THAT EFFECTIVELY BUILD A WALL BETWEEN THE DEFENSE INDUSTRY AND THE U.S. MILITARY. If we're going after corruption and also trying to reduce all the unnecessary wars that are costly in so many ways (most importantly costly in terms of human life on both sides), then this is the GRANDDADDY OF ALL REFORMS. Any of you who have seen the award winning widely popular documentary "Why We Fight" will realize the HUGE impact of this. Here's a snippet of Eisenhower's brave speech.

occupywallst.org...
More:

On the demands ballot now are:

-Eliminating Corporate Rights as Persons: This would revise past Supreme Court decisions giving immortal, sleepless corporations the same rights as we, the not so omnipresent civilians.

-Repeal the Patriot Act: There are several organizations that want the Patriot Act repealed. Most cite Congress’s complete lack of revision of the bill, passing it just 45 days after 9/11.

-Force an Acquisition of the Federal Reserve for $1 billion by the U.S. Congress: I hate the idea of “corporate personhood” but this issue is huge and a big reason why Ron Paul is consistently ignored by mainstream media.
The Constitution, a historic document printed on hemp paper and more recently smeared with doo-doo, states that Congress shall have the power to coin, print, regulate and value money. In fact, the U.S. government has no power to issue or regulate cash money. That is the sole right of The Federal Reserve Bank, a private corporation registered in Delaware. Repeat: A private corporation—not Congress, not the people, not the President—has control over our country’s money.
Actually, a breakdown of the Federal Reserve System shareholders show a large portion of the business is actually foreign owned! And they want to talk about national security issues.
Upon the central bank’s creation in 1913, investors loaned the U.S. $1 billion. The government can buy out of the system for $1 billion. President Kennedy had the idea and signed Executive Order 11110, giving the Treasury power to issue money backed by silver. President Reagan specifically revoked the amendment with E.O. 12608.

-Restructure Political Campaign Finance: We’re talking about the Koch brothers, Americans for Prosperity, American Crossroads and other artfully disingenuous “non-profits” funneling corporate and foreign money into our political system.

-Forgive Student Loan Debt and Reconstruct the Education System: Simple enough, fund education from the apparently endless war coffers. A separate initiative pushes for free education for Kindergarten through college.

www.the-standard.org...

edit on 1-10-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join