It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Morality Of Saving People From Hell

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

edit on 4-10-2011 by redstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Okay, so we are to focus on the good parts of the book for life lessons. So is it okay to do that with other "holy" books like the Koran or the Upanishads or the Egyptian Book Of The Dead? Those have good life lessons too.
edit on 4-10-2011 by traditionaldrummer because: (no reason given)

If you don't have Jesus, you don't have life. You are a sinner and He lived a sinless life and died for your sins to be forgiven when you repent, accept His free gift, and follow Him. These verses and truth are not in the other false religion books. The only way to be saved is through Jesus Christ.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
edit on 4-10-2011 by kwell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by redstorm

Well, redstorm, if it's about constantly striving to be a better person then I am all in favor of that and already try to live in such a way. Thanks for your advice. I'll pass on the bible (read it), but I definitely agree with your philosophical and humanitarian premises.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

If you believe in evolution please answer these simple questions

Why multicellular organisms? Bacteria prove that they can remain single cell and adapt to anything we throw at them. So when did they need to become multicellular and why? The more complex an organism becomes, the slower it reproduced, the less chance it has for survival. And yes bacteria are more likely to survive ELE than we are.

Why Genders (I can see no environmental adaptation that requires sex) If evolution were true wouldn’t asexual be the preferred choice for reproduction.

Why live birth or an egg (not the chicken and the egg) just the fragile not very safe from predators egg. When did these become necessary for an organism to survive? What was wrong with self replication?

Why emotions. Do you think bacteria are more likely to survive if they feel loved?

Why intelligence. Do you think the smarter bacteria are more likely to self replicate?

How can you not see God all around you? Dont you have to at least believe in intellegent design if you cannot answer these questions? The why of not one of these can be explained by TOE. Only convoluted well meaning how’s. Since bacteria have only been proven to be adaptive and never proven to become more than adaptive why do you assume they would?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwell

If you don't have Jesus, you don't have life. You are a sinner and He lived a sinless life and died for your sins to be forgiven when you repent, accept His free gift, and follow Him. These verses and truth are not in the other false religion books. The only way to be saved is through Jesus Christ.

Thanks, kwell. The thing is, I don't feel like I've sinned, or that I am a sinner. And I don't understand how someone dying could fix a sin problem if I had one. I honestly don't understand.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
reply to post by paxnatus

If you believe in evolution please answer these simple questions

You should read this book

It's an easy and fun read and clears up a lot of questions you might have

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

As soon as you read this one. bibleresources.bible.com...

This one could clear up a lot of questions you may have.
edit on 4-10-2011 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Thank you, sacgamer25. I have read the bible.

If you are actually interested in how evolution works the link I posted is a fantastic resource.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Thanks, kwell. The thing is, I don't feel like I've sinned, or that I am a sinner. And I don't understand how someone dying could fix a sin problem if I had one. I honestly don't understand.

Have you ever lied? Then you have broken God's laws and are a sinner. Jesus lived a sinless life and took our sins upon Himself.

Romans 5:12 Therefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Romans 5:17 For if by one man's offense death reigned by one; much more they who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.

Romans 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Thank you, sacgamer25. I have read the bible.

If you are actually interested in how evolution works the link I posted is a fantastic resource.

If that is a true statement I have to credit you for not bashing something before you even knew what it says, like most.

I might try and take a look at this because my question is a serious one. I will always believe in God but I still believe that TOE and the bible can co-exist. As do many others. What I don't believe is random acts of creation mixed with TOE (except where man is concered) so it’s either an intelligent process set in place by God or Creationism

This is definately not the thread to go into some of my thinking that includes TOE
edit on 4-10-2011 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

But lying is a part of being human, a part of learning. How could there be a law against the nature of humanity? And if that is a sin how does someone dying fix things for me?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I will always believe in God but I still believe that TOE and the bible can co-exist. As do many others.

Well, sure they can co-exist! And you're right, many christians do accept TOE. I think some people believe it tries to explain how life or the universe got here but it doesn't. It simply explains how species develop, how things changed after life appeared. Even if you still don't want to believe it, that's cool, but learning about how science shows how they think it works is amazing. Well, i thought so. check it out...or not.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

reply to post by kwell

But lying is a part of being human, a part of learning. How could there be a law against the nature of humanity? And if that is a sin how does someone dying fix things for me?

No it is only part of our humanity because we are fallen man. This reality will not always be. Satan is in this world right now, he is the father of lies. We are on the brink of the 7 year tribulation. After that Jesus will take over and no this terrible world we have lived in with all its sin will be no more.

All these creationists are going to be very confused during the tribulation period because there is going to be a grand deception. The Bible doesn't tell us exactly what it will be but they are pushing the alien invasion thing and they have exactly that planned through project bluebeam. They will be telling you all that you seem to want to hear. They will say they created you. That they have come for you to live in peace and harmony because you were about to destroy yourselves. What will not be tolerated is Christians like me telling you they are lying. They will tell you the supposed negative energy people will have to be killed so you all can have your utopia. All the new age people are raising their vibration, being enlightened, and waiting for their new age christ. The Bible calls your new age christ the antichrist. He is going to tell you everything you want to hear but all you will get is hell. This is all in the Bible. It tells us everything that has happen and will happen. It tells us they will set up a one world government, one world religion, and one world monetary system. Exactly what they are doing.

And if you are thinking well I don't believe in God so it wont effect me. They plan on killing you too. If you won't worship their christ(antichrist) you will be killed.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

Thanks, kwell. I am curious... how did you come to discover these things? I mean, things like Project Bluebeam aren't in the bible. How did you get this information?

link   

link   

reply to post by kwell

I'm not sure this answers your question or if you even need this but I will have a go. You are correct but there are 2 laws at work. You seem to only accept one of those laws. The second law is love, AKA God’s law. If you truly feel you have never done anything that would require great forgiveness than you are either a good person or a fool (sarcasm).

Those of us like myself who feel that we have done something that requires great forgiveness are overcome with a feeling when we realize that NO MATTER what that sin is we are forgiven. I needed Christ to die on the cross for me to understand this. When Christ said you are forgiven and was called blasphemous he said in order to prove this I will heal him this was his proof to those alive at the time. He gave me proof of his resurrection. I believe that sufficient links have been provided that to believe in Christ and the Resurrection is based at least as much on evidence as faith. Since I believe he predicted his resurrection and that he was God I must accept that I have been forgiven. Even typing this I am become overwhelm with the love that is Holy Spirit inside me.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

reply to post by kwell

Thanks, kwell. I am curious... how did you come to discover these things? I mean, things like Project Bluebeam aren't in the bible. How did you get this information?

I do a lot of research.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I find it strange that people can mention all the new age off the wall beliefs they want and it is accepted. But if a Christian presents their beliefs they are a majority of the time attacked.

Hmmm - - let's see.

I've been Christian - New Age - Wiccan - Mormon (also Christian) - Atheist.

Christians need to get a thicker skin. They have a serious persecution complex.

They tend to get offended if you don't accept their belief/god.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join