It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Morality Of Saving People From Hell

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashira
You have to experience it,

How do you know what you're experiencing is god?

basically if someone doesn't have love the Lord God doesn't want them in His Heaven, the Bible is about the sheep triumphing over wolves, the good triumphing over evil, the beaten down triumphing over the ones doing the beating, if anyone doesn't have a heart for the weak beaten down sheep people then what are those that don't have a heart for the sheep people? They are wolves.

Why should I believe what the bible says instead of, say, The Koran.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

You have to experience it,

How do you know what you're experiencing is god?

basically if someone doesn't have love the Lord God doesn't want them in His Heaven, the Bible is about the sheep triumphing over wolves, the good triumphing over evil, the beaten down triumphing over the ones doing the beating, if anyone doesn't have a heart for the weak beaten down sheep people then what are those that don't have a heart for the sheep people? They are wolves.

"Does anyone that doesn't love the weak deserve to be loved when they themselves become weak?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

"Does anyone that doesn't love the weak deserve to be loved when they themselves become weak?

Everyone deserves love.

Could you answer my questions now please? Thanks!

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Everyone deserves love.

Even if they murder You and everyone/everything You love?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

edit on 4-10-2011 by redstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Everyone deserves love.

I answered your questions.
Please answer mine.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by redstorm

Take it for what it is and experience it. You need to believe nothing, but once you have experienced it, you will take your lesson from it.

Experience what?

No matter what book it is. There is a lesson to be learned from everything; when you feel others' pains, ones that belong not to you. You are heading in the right direction.

I've already done that. What does that have to do with why I should believe the bible instead of The Koran?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Everyone deserves love.

I answered your questions.
Please answer mine.

It was already answered, the proof is in what You love.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I've already done that. What does that have to do with why I should believe the bible instead of The Koran?

It is not about "believing" anything. It is about seeing, knowing, and doing.

Yes. He proves this with every post he makes. You should stop responding to him, by this point already he has proven what he loves.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

That doesn't make sense.
Thanks for refusing to answer all of my questions.
I'm moving on now. Bye.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

It is not about "believing" anything. It is about seeing, knowing, and doing.

Ahh. Okay. So we don't need the bible.
I'm fine with that.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I find it strange that people can mention all the new age off the wall beliefs they want and it is accepted. But if a Christian presents their beliefs they are a majority of the time attacked. Should we let everyone else have free speech and not the Christian? Well it will never happen with me, no matter how much I am attacked. I have a right to free speech just like everyone else. I am allowed to present my thoughts just like anyone else. Is someone pestering you to be Christian? I really find that hard to believe. If someone asks me a question I will answer it with my thoughts, ideas, and free speech. If they don't want to hear anymore do I keep talking? No. Does anyone usually keep talking if someone tells them they don't want to hear anymore? It seems you have been warned. I would never tell you anything unless you asked.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

You need it like you need a steak, over dog food. Just because you don't "need" something doesn't mean it has no benefits. You desire to better yourself? Do so. You do not? Do not. At a certain point in your life you may begin to wonder what is wrong, or has gone wrong. At that point you will begin a search. Good luck with this search.

Right. So it's about being a good person. I agree with that. So why do we need the bible? Why should we believe the things in it?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwell
It seems you have been warned. I would never tell you anything unless you asked.

Warned about what?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

It seems you have been warned. I would never tell you anything unless you asked.

Warned about what?

Are you asking me a question? If I answer it will you say that I shouldn't be trying to save your soul from hell?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Warned about what?

Are you asking me a question? If I answer it will you say that I shouldn't be trying to save your soul from hell?

I'm not here to tell you what you should or shouldn't do. I'm here for the discussion. I like to hear everyone's views. If you don't care to answer I appreciate you chiming in on the thread.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Right. So it's about being a good person. I agree with that. So why do we need the bible? Why should we believe the things in it?

It isn't about "believing" anything really. The Bible is a book, it is full of good lessons everyone could benefit from experiencing. "He who learns from the mistakes of others, has a much smoother path than he who has made his own."

I find it strange that people can mention all the new age off the wall beliefs they want and it is accepted. But if a Christian presents their beliefs they are a majority of the time attacked. Should we let everyone else have free speech and not the Christian? Well it will never happen with me, no matter how much I am attacked. I have a right to free speech just like everyone else. I am allowed to present my thoughts just like anyone else. Is someone pestering you to be Christian? I really find that hard to believe. If someone asks me a question I will answer it with my thoughts, ideas, and free speech. If they don't want to hear anymore do I keep talking? No. Does anyone usually keep talking if someone tells them they don't want to hear anymore? It seems you have been warned. I would never tell you anything unless you asked.

It's about being able to relate to something on a personal level. Many "Christians" I've seen only spout off on things they know nothing of, nothing "wrong" with, they are doing their best to spread the word they've been taught. The problems arise when they are in conversations with people who pleasure in putting down and insulting others who believe different things, instigators and the like. And yes, everyone has free speech, only some can do more, and make others feel and think more, with their "free speech" than others. Some have seen, done, and related to more, others haven't. Not that I "know" anything of all this, just my attempt at possibly clarifying some of your thoughts. Happy trails.

Edit: Also, Please STOP quoting me or I won't post anymore.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

It's essential in Christianity for you to believe that, otherwise when the heros of the bible come along they don't look quite as special. It's a bad literary device.

Isn't really what I was asking but, yeah. They're just stories anyways.

He didn't, He gave man freewill, man walks where He wants to even if He's been blinded.

No offense but to me, this is an irrelevant answer, or rather, I just don't understand what you were saying/meant by it.

reply to post by paxnatus

Yeah. Maybe. I don't really know of all that. Thanks for the reply though.

The Lord not didn't just give man freewill He also gave "Angels" freewill, some of the "Angels" rebelled and tricked man (and still is) into doing the same.

I believe that God lives outside of the bounds of the universe he created. I believe this to be the key problem with most people’s belief and understanding of God. He lives outside the laws of time and has no need for cause and effect. Steven Hawking and previous physicists actually agree with me on this, most just don’t agree with me on God.

1.As we shall see, the concept of time has no meaning before the beginning of the universe. This was first pointed out by St. Augustine. When asked: What did God do before he created the universe? Augustine didn't reply: He was preparing Hell for people who asked such questions. Instead, he said that time was a property of the universe that God created, and that time did not exist before the beginning of the universe. [Stephen Hawking, A Brief History of Time (New York: Bantam, 1988), p. 8]

Time, Cause and Effect, Action and Reaction are all part of what we live with everyday. Why this relationship is necessary I don’t know for sure. But in the world we live it could be assumed that one cannot know the true value of love without its opposite. In my opinion we are here to learn the value of love and that the relationship between love and hate is necessary for us to understand God. After all we are here for less than 100 years and promised eternity. So I consider this quite a short and reasonable lesson.

Each of us is confronted daily with moral choices. If each time we are confronted we would ask ourselves what love would choose one choice would always stand out. If we ask that question and do not pick love we pick something else. God is that love, Satan is everything else.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Okay, so we are to focus on the good parts of the book for life lessons. So is it okay to do that with other "holy" books like the Koran or the Upanishads or the Egyptian Book Of The Dead? Those have good life lessons too.
edit on 4-10-2011 by traditionaldrummer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join