It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS! Over 10,000 occupying Wall Street.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by whatinthesamhill

Probably because they weren't in wall street... They were at 1st Precinct Police Plaza

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Watching this on livestream is pretty amusing.

They're just wandering about aimlessly. No organization.

I'm sure when they realize that Radiohead ain't playin, there will be scattered episodes of vandalism. Oh and more conspiracies. The PTB prevented Radiohead from playin'

Yea....that's the ticket.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
10,000 ... thats inlcuding the commuters and random pedestrians, right?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MegasAlexandroswhich is 10 blocks north of wall street near where i work
the point is even if they're saying 2K it is an over estimation and ONLY due to the fact of the false rumour of radiohead giving a concert

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I love how in the comments section there are people saying that MickeyD’s is the “Peoples Resturant.”

That’s flippin priceless!

They just tried to interview a guy and he told them to get a job. He says he works five jobs and they can't find one?

Then the guy filming sound befuddled.

I think that word sums up this movement exactly.

Befuddled Party.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Um, alright, I watched the aerial feed 2 hours ago, plus the live stream, and got word from the ground of the numbers. So many here are so against this, why? I'm more right leaning myself in my values and I don't bash those "left wing commie hippies." What happened to the 1st Amendment. As a student and member of the workforce I support this movement. My goal, to replace the House of Representatives with electronic direct democracy budded with the Senate.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MegasAlexandros

I do have to thank you. This is the best comedy I've seen in a while.

Who knows, maybe it'll turn into a action flick as well.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Autodidactic

I would imagine your run of the mill southern baptist 9 to 5er tea partier would have very in little in common with this bunch.
Seem like professional protestors to me.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatinthesamhill
reply to post by MegasAlexandroswhich is 10 blocks north of wall street near where i work
the point is even if they're saying 2K it is an over estimation and ONLY due to the fact of the false rumour of radiohead giving a concert

They're still askin' where RadioHead is playin!

I love this!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tangled2011
I see once again the brilliant yet classic ATS members are out in force...typing away about how the people who are trying to make a diffrence are not making a diffrence, they are wasting their time etc. etc....

...and what are you doing? complaining about the world on a forum daily...well done people!

I'm covering my local protest for ATS. Here's my thread with pics.

Originally posted by alfa1
Have they figured out what they're protesting about yet?

Yes. Here is a link: Official Demands

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Meh. It's the weekend. Kids are bored.

I'll be impressed when I see these numbers on a wednesday. Then you'll know the movement has gained traction.

Those were not kids I was watching in the video from tonight.
I am 50 plus and I tell you they were not kids they were adults waking up and not smelling coffee.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
No radiohead head =(
Awww shucks!!
BUT THEY WERE GRACED with
the presents of their emasculate hero

The multi-millionaire who makes money off them, the one
Who feels just what they are feeling because!!!

Oh and Rosanne Barr came to visit.

edit on 30-9-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
This is hilarious!

I like the oath they're taking.

I'm waiting for the speaker to say, "With loyalty to the fraternity for all" and the crowd to say "Amen"

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Meh. It's the weekend. Kids are bored.

I'll be impressed when I see these numbers on a wednesday. Then you'll know the movement has gained traction.

Excuse my krassness but WHAT ---- have you done but judge from your high horse?

I was THERE two weeks ago when this started, when we were hemmed in a park with maybe 250 people surrounded by police.

Where you there? Are These random kids looking for something to do?

No and No

These people are from all walks of life, race, creed, age, gender, ethnicity and orientation. Sure, many may be young but that is because most people over 35 are hopelessly stuck in the system you helped formed and perpetuated, one that we are attempting to fix.

Im sure Mubarak throught it was a mindless rabble of teenagers too through.......
edit on 1-10-2011 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

I was behind these folk until they accepted the Unions. Not so much anymore.

Much like when the Koch Bros compromised the Tea Party.

There are those in both who remain true to their ideals. But they get ignored.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I was there on the second day when there was almost no one, didn't think they would get anywhere at all.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
A link to all the protests going on across the US.
Let the revolution begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to OCCUPY TOGETHER, an unofficial hub for all of the events springing up across the country in solidarity with Occupy Wall St. As we have followed the news on facebook, twitter, and the various live feeds across the internet, we felt compelled to build a site that would help spread the word as more protests organize across the country. We hope to provide people with information about events that are organizing, ongoing, and building across the U.S. as we, the 99%, take action against the greed and corruption of the 1%.

www.occupytogether.org...

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
people knocking the protests here on ats should be ashamed. it's honestly pathetic. people finally band together to say something and be heard, and people here sitting behind their computers sneer, 'oh well, it's only hippies', nothing to see here, or 'ill be impressed if i see 10k on a weekday'. why do i even bother posting here among such ignorance.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaanny
This should have happened when our " Leaders " bailed out the banksters.....

It is sad that it took 3 years for the masses to wake up......

They're still not awake. A few people are just sleepwalking and banging into things.

10,000 people. Wooooooooooo.
Unless they get violent, nothing will come of this. I hope the idiots in charge ARE stupid enough to do something like declare martial law, or use more violence against protesters. That's the only thing that can really get the freedom ball rolling.

The biggest danger right now is that some silver-tongued politician (Obama, for instance) will come in and make a bunch of empty promises and token changes to dispel the crowd.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99

They're still not awake. A few people are just sleepwalking and banging into things.

10,000 people. Wooooooooooo.
Unless they get violent, nothing will come of this.

why dont you quit rolling your eyes, get off your @ss and get over there, and add another to the crowd. if not, get off your high horse. you're not changing a damn thing from you computer chair, that's for sure.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join