It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS! Over 10,000 occupying Wall Street.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Right now there are over 10,000 protesters in NYC! The time is coming fast and I think them days are near...
www.livestream.com...

edit on 30-9-2011 by MegasAlexandros because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This should have happened when our " Leaders " bailed out the banksters.....

It is sad that it took 3 years for the masses to wake up......

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Martial Law here it comes!!

I hope people remain strong and united and them Bankers are made to drink their Champagne until they drown.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
they should really figure out a better way to communicate.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MegasAlexandros

Meh. It's the weekend. Kids are bored.

I'll be impressed when I see these numbers on a wednesday. Then you'll know the movement has gained traction.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegasAlexandros
Right now there are over 10,000 protesters in NYC! The time is coming fast and I think them days are near...
www.livestream.com...

Have they figured out what they're protesting about yet?

I know there was a document released a day or two that was incredibly vague with references to "they" without actually mentioning who "they" are or anybody specifically... and also so wide ranging that half the population could be somehow linked to the elusive "they". Not very useful for setting up an actual plan of action.

So. Any specifics yet?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
whoa, 10k, mega? i think they originally were aimin for a 2k sized crowd

i agree with the previous responder its already too late in the game

i mean, it sounds all hippy and rebelious and what not,

but wall street is relatively a ghost town considering how flourishing it used to be some 10+ yrs ago

blogs.villagevoice.com...

anyways, carry on, carry on its not making a difference as they're just feeding cia-controlled global social media revolution, this is just the wall st, ny one

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Sounds like the civilians are taking a cue from police: get organized, get serious, and get pissed.

Let the "games" begin.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ignant

They were originally wanting 20k they have had 2k for a while now.
edit on 30-9-2011 by MegasAlexandros because: grammar foul

+98 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I see once again the brilliant yet classic ATS members are out in force...typing away about how the people who are trying to make a diffrence are not making a diffrence, they are wasting their time etc. etc....

...and what are you doing? complaining about the world on a forum daily...well done people!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Hard to organize when it is illegal to use a bullhorn at the protest......

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Seems a little misleading.
They are protesting police brutality as far as I can tell.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tangled2011
I see once again the brilliant yet classic ATS members are out in force...typing away about how the people who are trying to make a diffrence are not making a diffrence, they are wasting their time etc. etc....

...and what are you doing? complaining about the world on a forum daily...well done people!

We're just armchair protesters.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
WOW this is grate. I just saw a women yelling and the people repeating what she yelled. You can hear it echo at least 5 times to spread the word. That means their is a hell of allot of people their. I really hopes this grows and they do not give up. If 1/4 of new york protested for one week the economy would fall and the bankers might have no choice to but start war or give in to demands.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
They will be heading back soon. Next mach is tomorrow at 3 eastern standard.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The NYPD eliminated all auido devices a few days after this started. Now it's to the human microphone system!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I think we got a good revolution going now, people are putting their differences aside for a common goal, they know its much harder to divide those now because I am sure people from all walks of life are there as we speak from those who put religious differences aside, to bankers fed up with the system, to the police who are no showing, even to families.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
seriously? they thought there was a FREE radiohead concert, and having just walked out of work a half hour ago near wall street, there is no way there is close to 10K...why don't you watch at 9 am when all the "protesters" are sleeping, while us ordinary folk are off to work. when they do decide to wake up, they go straight to their $1200 macbooks...what a joke.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I guess 9000 people didn't hear or didn't believe that Radiohead denied the reports that they would be giving a free concert.

Protest organizers continued to insist Radiohead would be playing a concert even after Radiohead denied it.

Rumor is that Radiohead wanted to do a truly surprise concert but obviously, the protest organizers wanted lots of people to know ahead of time that Radiohead would be giving a free concert. A free Radiohead concert in that part of NYC could easily draw 100,000+ if given just a day or two of advance warning.

Pretty sad tactics really. Hopefully people won't be too ticked that they were tricked into coming out.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I'd like to see the tea party guys join into this occupy wallstreet thing, I don't understand why they are not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join