Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

BREAKING NEWS! Over 10,000 occupying Wall Street.

page: 5
83
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
And so it begins.
This will be a big month.




posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


How many times do people have to hear that the system you think you have is not the same as the one that the elites have but im sure you all know this, what we the people want is fairness in the current system we have.

However in my opinion I wish it was time for money to go but I to enjoy what the current system has to offer me as a indavidul, I to am afraid of what this can bring if it keeps growing but that is just me being a lazy pampered self centred human and that is what im no so I hope this grows and grows and grows and then other can have what some of us take for granted food, energy, medicine, education, home and the list goes on and on.

I understand your fear but history is scary and the reality is unless we unite and say no I fear that our future will be as bleak as any in history. We as a species are one war away from total destruction and we must not support a system that is designed to grow and collapse for the purpose of control and were war is a profit making buisness and a tool to control the masses.



posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Section31
 


That is EXACTLY where the problem lies. The media just wants to keep us fighting with one another. They highlight the few redneck, gay-bashing, racists hicks in the crowd and the liberal/left demonize them. (Gosh, I'm even guilty of falling into that trap myself.)

And now the media is doing the same thing with this protest. Look at all the dirty, unemployed, lazy hippies. Look how disorganized they are. They focus on the signs that talk about taxing the rich so that the tea party people will demonize them.

Aaaaggghh!! It is so frustrating to watch!

If we could only just figure out a way to bring both sides together for just one cause. I think we can ALL agree that the corruption by corporations in government has gone TOO FAR!!!

I really hope that when the Occupy Wall Street group finally comes up with a simple message that it is one that as least divisive as possible and we can bring both groups together. Then things may really get interesting.



posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


Of course the ruling oligarchy would never use their media divisions to distort and twist things that they deem to be a threat to them.
Jon Stewart did a hack job on them too.
Funny how the liberal and conservative media get on the same page when something even remotely threatening to the people that the great George Carlin defined as the real "owners" of this country arises.



posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I wasnt there for that march, I had to go back home, but really 10,000 people? I still dont think it was 10,000 people.

there were just over 1000 people @ the park.... I dont know how or where the other 9000 came from.



posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I hope the effort does unite the 99%. I can't see it making a change though. This system will only offer concessions that leave the elite where they are and keep the status quo. There is no need for the bankers/government/corporations to compromise. They own us. We work their slaves jobs in exchange for food and shelter. We spend our "free" time giving our money back to the elite. The best thing that can come from protests is networking. We need to build a separate self sufficient world. The elite cannot survive without us.
edit on 1-10-2011 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
that's great news from the very USA. you've all of my support from the other side of the world, guys.



Originally posted by jlv70
Of course the ruling oligarchy would never use their media divisions to distort and twist things that they deem to be a threat to them.


exactly. i marched against the planned internet filter / censorship down here in tr on may 15 and i know we've hit 10.000 participants but the msm kept quiet about that one. bigwigs are the same everywhere.
edit on 1-10-2011 by jamsession because: quote & reply



posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This protest marks the beginning of the end of the corrupt government's reign over the masses
. By the People, For the People is what I like to go by
This is the only way to change the system is for people to stand and wake up. Like the Lost Prophets song, "Wake up, Wake up, Wake up, yea im so sick of waiting for us to make a move"
Like I said this is only the beginning, so the organization and strategy of the Occupy Wall Street movement has to be much better than it is right now
, but at least there is a mass attempt by the people for change, I will stand for that


My signature also describes this occurrence...



posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Snore!!! Sorry, but peaceful protests do little other than give the elite something to laugh about and the MSM something to ignore. Wake me up when all the protesters return with their guns and actually do something.



posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I went to the live stream website and it said...
" LIVE FEED COMING SOON: Our video ninjas are battling gremlins. BRB."
Of course the conspiracy lover in me went "AHA!"



posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Now if they'd just learn to walk right in and make a citizens arrest!

Providing proof of course.Do you know where to get it?



posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatScot
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


How many times do people have to hear that the system you think you have is not the same as the one that the elites have but im sure you all know this, what we the people want is fairness in the current system we have.

However in my opinion I wish it was time for money to go but I to enjoy what the current system has to offer me as a indavidul, I to am afraid of what this can bring if it keeps growing but that is just me being a lazy pampered self centred human and that is what im no so I hope this grows and grows and grows and then other can have what some of us take for granted food, energy, medicine, education, home and the list goes on and on.

I understand your fear but history is scary and the reality is unless we unite and say no I fear that our future will be as bleak as any in history. We as a species are one war away from total destruction and we must not support a system that is designed to grow and collapse for the purpose of control and were war is a profit making buisness and a tool to control the masses.



If you don't like the - fairness- here in the USA then move to Canada.
I recommend Nova Scotia. Tell them i said hi.
---------
You have the power of free will. - relocate -



posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jlv70
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


Of course the ruling oligarchy would never use their media divisions to distort and twist things that they deem to be a threat to them.
Jon Stewart did a hack job on them too.
Funny how the liberal and conservative media get on the same page when something even remotely threatening to the people that the great George Carlin defined as the real "owners" of this country arises.


Of course they did a hack job on them. It's just too easy and entertaining.
I laughed all the way through the Bill O'Reilly clip.
You should watch it. Those guys down there wandering around are clueless.

edit on 1-10-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


So that is the only solution in your eyes-- Move if you don't agree? Really?!

That is one viable option of course, but isn't standing up and trying to change things another option as well. Why do things have to remain as they are?

If the system is broke, why not fix it?



posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tangled2011
I see once again the brilliant yet classic ATS members are out in force...typing away about how the people who are trying to make a diffrence are not making a diffrence, they are wasting their time etc. etc....

...and what are you doing? complaining about the world on a forum daily...well done people!


This post is win. I see people whining about everything from corruption and greed to poisoning water and chemtrails but no one does anything but sit on their computer. At least these guys decided to get out of their house, off their computers and away from their TVs to -try- to make a difference. Even if it fails, their conscience is clear because they made the attempt.

What have you guys done?



posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This is just a big joke to cause chaos, that`s why most of the kids don`t even know what they are protesting. There will be a lot of violence and that`s exactly what the few who started it want.

We all know it won`t be peaceful, we all know what this is about.

All those kids down there are just tools, just as much as the angry pigs who are going to be dealing with them.
edit on 1-10-2011 by Droolmouth because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaanny
 


Ha, who need tech to be heard, our voice will be the bullhorns! Can I get an Amen!



posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
i just got an email with the below comic and i thought it was appropriate considering the number of ats members who belittle the protests.




posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
You know it's great and all that people are protesting and fighting for there rights, but the thing that I have to ask about the whole situation is what are they protesting? I have been doing research on it all and I can't find one thing on what is actually being protested. It seems it is everything from the bailouts that happened 3yrs ago to whether or not the government is wearing the proper underwear (sarcasm). They are currently doing a protest behind my head on our local Wall St. to show solidarity with the Occupy Wall St. in NY yet from the signs, songs, and speeches. It sounds like they are just as confused as the protestors in NY.

The point I am making is this. It's great to stand up for your rights and all and fight for what you think is right, but honestly what difference are you making when they have no clue what you are on about. I mean why take a protest seriously when not even the protestors can tell you what they are fighting for. I saw a comment about this being the CIA's social war or something like that. If this has anything to do with the CIA then it just further proves they are ignorant as well.

From what I can gather the only thing this protest reflects is how our youth will gather in masses to support there peers cause they read a story on Facebook, Twitter, or Google Plus and decided man I'm gonna do that this weekend. So they all ran out and joined with there buddies and friends, and honestly it's more of a scoial gathering then it is a protest.

Rule number 1 in the book for protesting your governmental polcies and procedures. No what the hell itis you are protesting before you go out on the streets. Otherwise you look like a bunch of people standing around sing Koom Bai Ya and the government just continues on with business as usual and laughs at the images on the screen.



posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jenk1013
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


So that is the only solution in your eyes-- Move if you don't agree? Really?!

That is one viable option of course, but isn't standing up and trying to change things another option as well. Why do things have to remain as they are?

If the system is broke, why not fix it?

still waiting to see any indication or inclination toward a "fix" ... you got one?
and don't suggest that lottery for a selection of "grievances" ... that is hardly a plan.
heck, it isn't even consolidated into anything remotely reasonable.

unless there is an actual "plan of recovery", (or maybe there is and that's the hidden agenda) why make empty demands on the only system sustaining you?
don't get me wrong, i'm all for protesting our grievances but this is not.
but, without a plan of action OR a specific grievance, this is truly non-inspirational.






top topics



 
83
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join