It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Bang Theory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Anybody here watch it?

This is one of my favorite shows...

If you saw it last night, Bernadette did an insane impersonation of Howard's mother! (Of course, we never see his mom, so she could be the actual voice for all we know).

I can't fathom anybody is still unaware of this show, as it's one of the most successful sitcoms to come out in the past few years (and Sheldon wins an Emmy each year, just about)....

Recently, they even brought the 80's star of "Blossom" on as Sheldon's fellow brainiac girlfriend Amy.

Basically, the show is about a small group of nerds, their hot neighbor Penny, and although poking fun at geekiness, it does it reverently, so that even us geeks endorse it.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I LOVE that show! I find it to be one of the funniest shows on TV right now. Everyone else I know hates it, or thinks it's dumb....I really think they just don't get it.

edit on 30-9-2011 by lilowl53 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Yes, just got into it, it is hilarious. Love the subtle 'Roseanne' show cast members showing up.

It's not 'The Office" but it's good!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I love that show. Poor Bernadette, being engaged to such a mama's boy

I also love that she's sounding like his mother, the last show of the last season was priceless too.

They even showed Sheldon getting a little bit jealous of Leonard last night, which was unexpected.
Even though Amy said Penny had a better chance than Leonard, lol.

Yup, one of my faves.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Funny scene from last season:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It's the only show I make it a point to even try to watch (although Al Yankovic has a concert on comedy network this saturday at 9pm eastern).
Truly a great show, kinda reminds me of Revenge of the Nerds brought up to date.
Raj is the only dispensable character with Sheldon and Leonard being my favorites.
I can't name another intelligent sitcom but I do enjoy the Daly Show/Colbert report and sometimes Tosh2.0
The writing and the character development are on par with some of the older sitcoms like All in the Family/Norman Lear shows.

Last night's episode was classic. Bringing out Amy they way they did was amazing - just when you think you know a character they show you a new side. I actually found her wittiness very attractive, making it easy to identify with Leonard's impressions of her after the wedding.
Sheldon goes ninja! Lol! That was another shocker.
What can I say? Great TV and despite my misgivings of the first season when my wife and I both thought a show that funny and smart couldn't last more than one season, we were pleasantly surprised to be proven wrong.

Here's to the Nerds of the World, long overdue!

He wants BUTTA with his pancakes!!

edit on 30-9-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Sheldon: Why are you crying?
Penny: Because I'm stupid!
Sheldon: That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.

In Germany they are showing the fourth season.(after Two and a half men) I guess it's getting more notice the last year.

I usually stay up and watch it on CBS as it's aired, because i can't get enough of that hilarious show.

Best show in years is not only my opinion, but as said before by sb, u have to get into it..............

See Sig.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Yeah love this show.... one of the only actual shows (sitcoms, comedies) I watch.
I mostly just watch documentaries and nature-y stuff but this show is hilarious.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I loved Amy's smoking monkey! The other classic for me was when they ate the laced cookies/brownies that the two old women in the van gave them while waiting for the meteor shower out in the desert. I suspect the girl that plays Bernadette has been Howard's mother's voice all along. Love that show. I even collect the tshirts, mugs, etc.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Bazinga!
Second Bazinga!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The Big Bang Theory is quite brilliant. Sheldon is my favourite character because I too sometimes kinda look at life and social interaction in a very analytic fashion with some of the more subltle of human traits passing me by. There was one episode when Sheldon imagines himself as The Flash and runs all the way out into the middle of nowhere to scream and yell out his frustration because of what something Leonard had done, it made me think of the Smallville episode in which Clarke ran from one side of the planet to the other for some funny reason or other.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Found the clip I was looking for earlier.

I've missed quite a few episodes so I am gonna save up and start buying the DVD box sets.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE SHELDON I THINK BIG BANG THEORY IS THE BEST THING ON TV AT MOMENT CANT GET ENOUGH OF IT I AM TOTAL GEEK AT HEART AND ONLY PEOPLE WITH HALF A BRAIN CAN SAY THE DON'T LIKE IT!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I suspect the girl that plays Bernadette has been Howard's mother's voice all along.

I have the same theory, hehe...

I still want to see Amy get with Penny, some kind of thing where they just get wasted and wake up next to each other...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I thought this when I first heard her shouting, but I checked IMDB and it seems to be 2 different people.
If I remember correctly.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

It's an uncanny impersonation then...hysterical. It's funny how we never actually see Howard's mother, just hear her.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This has to one of the funniest shows on t.v.. I have watched it from the start of them back in 2007. I must say that Sheldon has to be the funniest one on the show! It is set on the dvr just so I can watch when ever I want.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I love Big Bang and have all the seasons on dvd. My daughter who is 5 pics up on a lot of things that we dont realize and one day when I was sick she tried singing soft kitty to me. It was so cute and I instantly felt better. Big Bang is one of the best shows on tv right now. I hope it has a long run. I would love to see a series finale where Sheldon wins the nobel prize and the whole gang goes out there. His acceptance speech should be priceless since he has given one acceptance speech and he could only do it drunk.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I love this show, best thing on these days. I can watch the same episodes and still laugh my butt off. Walowitz mom is played by Carol Ann Susi

Here is what she looks like.Carol Ann Susi

I love it when Bernadette and his mother yell at each other. I have never laughed so hard! Great great show!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join