It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look at the SIZE of this WILD BOAR.... is this real?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

This hog here is nothing more than a homegrown pig that was in a pen and shot a dozen times before being harvested. Feral hogs get big on their own not by being raised on a farm like this one.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I have had one just that size run along side my truck here in Texas. I was astonished to say the least.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I someday want to live in a castle with a wall around it and have wild bores that size inside the wall. I don't think my neighbors would mess with me

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I hadnt seen this, but i have seen one as large or larger a while ago.it was supposedly killed by a boy with a pistol(needless to say that his dad and another guy had hunting rifles to back him up if anything went wrong).
edit on 28-11-2011 by max99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Feral pigs and our hogs are different critters. If a hog got lose and went feral, he'd be Cyclopean compared to feral pigs in the area. Now say it could make a few hybrids, do the generational math and that could lead to the enlarging of a feral pig population.

Here in PA some of the hogs on farms are nearly the size of the cattle, but with shorter legs of course!

Derek

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The thing is yes in a way these boars are "wild", only in the sense that they are given free range of the land to move as they see fit. If you see the vehicle in the background of the photo you can see that it is from a hunting park. In the case of these boars they are fenced in a very large area and feed very well. Predators are kept away until it is time to hunt. At that time a person pays a large sum of money to be guaranteed a kill. It is a way for men to "claim" their so called manhood.

Only those who have no need of food and do this purely for sport commit such atrocities. These are farmed pigs in the sense that they are given food and protection from everything but hunters. The hunters will get a kill because that is what they pay for. Truthfully I would not really consider them hunters for that matter.

The boars are quiet real and yes they can reach outstanding sizes, much larger than in the normal wild situations. Some of those shots though are shot at angles to make the boar seem even larger, other than angle the size of the boar is not manipulated.

There was something on the discovery channel about this a few years back. I got this in an email, but I already knew the truth behind the story of the email. Farmed wild boars are not true wild boars. Farmed wild boars will grow to a very, very large size indeed.

Raist

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by nutzmctaffy

That's nothing compared to Hogzilla:

Unfortunately what they don't tell you is that this was a canned hunt (and the hog was raised to get that size), and is the epitome of scumbaggery in hunting. I'm a vegetarian now, but I grew up an avid hunter and was an ethical as you can be when trying to kill something (actual hunting is a lot harder than it looks, and wildlife are a lot smarter than you'd think.) Most hunters are honest, and only hunt wild animals, and don't sink thousands of dollars into ridiculously fancy equipment that nullifies any challenge.

Hunting wild hogs is actually very dangerous. They live in deep underbrush, run in herds, get very large, are usually pretty aggressive, and have razor sharp teeth and tusks. They're actually becoming a pest species in much of the southern United States. People often use dogs, or hunt them on horseback because of this. I grew up in Mississippi, and I remember there was always a saying that the best hog dogs are covered in scars and missing an eye:

That's probably why this kid's parents had him on a canned hunt. I'm sure that chubby nitwit wouldn't be so proud of the picture I posted if someone kept him on a Lay-Z-Boy being forced fed McDonald's his whole life, only to get turn loose into some place he's never been to get shot by some other spineless twit.

edit: I am not commenting on how the guy in the original poster's photo got that hog. I don't know enough about the situation to comment on whether he legitimately killed the boar, and am merely commenting on the reasons behind some large game animals.
edit on 10/1/12 by Equidae because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equidae

Unfortunately what they don't tell you is that this was a canned hunt (and the hog was raised to get that size), and is the epitome of scumbaggery in hunting.

What they also don't say is that this image is poorly photoshopped. I've seen it ripped to pieces many times on ATS before.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Unfortunately what they don't tell you is that this was a canned hunt (and the hog was raised to get that size), and is the epitome of scumbaggery in hunting.

What they also don't say is that this image is poorly photoshopped. I've seen it ripped to pieces many times on ATS before.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

No, it's real. I saw a news special on it.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

www.snopes.com...

No actually, it's photoshopped. It's not exactly hard to see that just by looking at the photo.

The part that is photoshopped is the boy. He was shrunk to change the perspective ratio in order to make the pig look bigger than it is. I've seen the analysis before and it has been discussed on ATS many times.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

www.snopes.com...

No actually, it's photoshopped. It's not exactly hard to see that just by looking at the photo.

The part that is photoshopped is the boy. He was shrunk to change the perspective ratio in order to make the pig look bigger than it is. I've seen the analysis before and it has been discussed on ATS many times.

Whops, you're right! And unless it's blatant I don't know enough about photography to determine any alterations. I didn't hear anything else about it so I thought it was legit, but it turns out that I was debunked while I was deployed. It still makes the boy a little bitch, and the dad dishonest as well as lazy. But it just might be because he's too fat to actually go hunting so I guess Junior here has no qualms about killing a large what is essentially huge pet. I competed in 4-H and FFA pig shows when I was younger, and as long as you interact with them and don't hurt them they end up acting just like a dog. Nobody's last moments should involve being chased around by a fat middle schooler
. It's good that his family has money because that's the only way he's losing his virginity.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join