It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look at the SIZE of this WILD BOAR.... is this real?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
______beforeitsnews/story/1149/224/OMG_Look_At_The_Size_Of_This_Boar.html

I came across this while scanning the morning news

I didn't know wild boars could get this big

is this real or fake .. my god thats a big pig

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nutzmctaffy

In a word..... No........... In two words............Hell no.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
A lot of that is perspective in the shot of this pig. But pigs can weigh as much as a tiger, for perspective.

Scrap that, they can weigh as much as a cow. lol:

Monster Pig is the name of a large hog killed on May 3, 2007, by an eleven year-old boy, Jamison Stone in a 150-acre (0.61 km2) low fence enclosure within the larger 2,500 acre (10 km²) commercial hunting preserve called Lost Creek Plantation, outside Anniston, Alabama. According to the hunters (there were no independent witnesses) the pig weighed 1,051 lb (477 kg). Claims of the authenticity and allegations of the kill being a canned hunt have disputed the claim. Hogzilla Hogzilla Main article:

Hogzilla is the name given to a wild hog that was shot and killed in Alapaha, Georgia, on June 17, 2004, by Chris Griffin on Ken Holyoak's farm and hunting reserve. Alleged to be 12 feet (3.6 m) long and to weigh 1,000 pounds (450 kg), scientists confirmed that Hogzilla actually weighed 800 pounds (360 kg) and was between 7.5 and 8 feet (2.25 and 2.4 m) long, diminishing the previous claim.[2]

Coursey hog On January 5, 2007, a 1,100 lb (500 kg) feral hog was shot in Fayetteville, Georgia.[3] The shooter was William "Bill" Coursey, who hung the specimen from a tree in his yard.[4] Neighbours reported that the animal had been seen in the neighbourhood several times over the preceding days.[5] A spokesperson from the Georgia Department of Natural Resources said that large boars and feral hogs were common in southern Georgia, but that no records are kept on them. The media latched on to the notion that this animal rivals the size of Hogzilla.[6][4] “ My wife and son were driving home that afternoon, and they saw this hog eating water oak acorns in the neighbor's yard. We asked the owner if he'd like me to shoot it and he said he did. So I went over there, and got in position with my crutches (a fireman, Coursey was recuperating from a broken femur). I was about 40 yards (37 m) away when I shot it right behind the ear (with a Ruger [Model 77] MK II 7 mm/.08 rifle). It took one step back and fell over, and that was it. ” — Bill Coursey

Hog Kong was an estimated 1,140 lb (517 kg) wild hog killed in August 2004 by Larry Earley at his 22-acre (89,000 m2) farm near Leesburg, Florida, using a Smith & Wesson Model 29.[7]

Big Bill The world record for the heaviest pig so far is held by Big Bill, owned by Elias Buford Butler of Jackson, Tennessee. It was a Poland China breed of hog that tipped the scales at 2,552 lb (1,157 kg) in 1933.[8] Bill was due to be exhibited at the Chicago World Fair when he broke a leg and had to be put down. At about this point in time, the trend in hog production began to shift to hogs that were much trimmer and very lean.[9]

Ton Pig was a domestic hog from China owned by Xu Changjin that weighed in at 1,984 pounds(900 kg).[10] Ton died from lack of mobility due to obesity on February 4, 2004. It was sent to the Liaoning Agriculture Museum in Shenyang, for display.[11]

Big Norm was owned by Robert Peterson. Although Norm got regular hog feed, he started to grow to freakish proportions. A cooperative extension agent was able to calculate Norm's weight at 1600 lb (730 kg) and he was 8 ft (2.4 m) long, and 4 ft (1.2 m) high.[12][13]

edit on 29-9-2011 by CynicalDrivel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

LoL... that is why I had to bring it here.... for debunking

cause that is some crazy fecal matter son... can u imagine if u actually saw something like that...Damn

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by nutzmctaffy
reply to post by Helious

LoL... that is why I had to bring it here.... for debunking

cause that is some crazy fecal matter son... can u imagine if u actually saw something like that...Damn

I know this, If I did see that, the fecal matter would be in my pants!

ETA
There was an episode of Monster Quest on history channel on Hogzilla, here's the link with synopsis. Couldn't find any youtube vids for it though.
edit on 29-9-2011 by Lighterside because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I remember seeing a picture of one hanging by it's back legs that was suppose to be 2,000 lbs. I think it was from Arkansas or Missouri. I don't know if they actually get that big, but I do know from live ones I've seen, they can get big enough to be damn scary.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Actually, I think its real. I live down here in South Florida and like a week ago someone sent me an email of saying it was their buddy. Now, thats not for certain; but I do work with the guy.

Hope if it is real that I never run into one. Nope, its official. Never going into the glades without a gun again. lol.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
LOL that looks huge, all of the pictures look altered. Plus in the first one you can tell the man in the picture isn't there because of how close the alleged boar is to the jeep. The dude would appear larger. I work in photoshop cs4 every day and I can tell this is fake but it makes for a good lolz

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

It may be partly due to perspective, but yeah, it's real. And those pigs are carnivours; they'll bite your leg right off!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
My goodness, I would not want to come face to face with that thing. Holy cow is that thing huge.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The pictures are real, but the "article" is completely fabricated (that's a fake news site):

urbanlegends.about.com...

Citing a report in a French hunting magazine, the Courier reveals that the boar in these pictures was actually a 781-pounder killed in Turkey in 2005

edit on 29-9-2011 by TurkeyTots because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Is it real?? Maybe...

Is it dead?? NOPE just Chuck Testa

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Snopes lists a few very large boar pictures (not this one) and one of them listed is true. So it's definitely possible.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nutzmctaffy
______beforeitsnews/story/1149/224/OMG_Look_At_The_Size_Of_This_Boar.html

I came across this while scanning the morning news

I didn't know wild boars could get this big

is this real or fake .. my god thats a big pig

I have seen state fair pigs that are that big or bigger, so yes they can get that big.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
edit: took the photo into photoshop. examined the edges and it is digital artifacting that looked like it was fake.
the texture close up on the pig versus the soft imagery of the guys in the back made it look suspicious.

looking closer, it doesn't seem to be stitched in.
edit on 9/29/2011 by zooplancton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Yes, they can get this big, nearly 1000lbs. Its not a boar though, its a cross between a domestic pig and a boar.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
"Hogzilla" and those other record "pigs" are feral pigs. Feral pigs can easily reach that size, but they are significantly different than "wild boars."

I do not believe a wild boar can get to that size......... not even half that size.

Just my opinion though, we'd have to see what the experts and state officials said about the boar. Fish and Wildlife would have to certify it as a record, but I am guessing it never existed, so there will never be any verification.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

For all of you that say its fake...YOU'RE WRONG!!

It IS real and I had dinner with it last night

That's a pic of my MOTHER-IN-LAW!

Seriously though, it has to be a fake. We do have some really big hogs where I live (North Texas) but I've never seen anything that size...nor would I want to unless I was hunting to feed my entire extended family.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Wow that's a lot of bacon

Though it does seem that its not as big as it seems in the photos, as it would be in real life. Since the perspectives that they shot it in make it look a tad bigger then it could actually be.

But either way its a pretty big boar or feral pig, and from the article there supposedly "Evidently they're all over Georgia , Alabama , Arkansas , Missouri , Florida and other states" If that is the case there should be more people posting photos of them, but to lazy to check on the internet for more. But if its true that there all over the place in those states and If # hits the fan and we go back to being hunter gatherer tribes. I know were to go for some good hunting.
That sucker will last a group of people for a week or a couple of weeks from the look of it.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Feral hogs are wild boars in the south russian boars have even been imported for over 100 years just for hunting combined with tame feeder hog dna they can go 1000 pounds much more than that is just a freak of nature id say the hog is real by the detail of the animal and he is a pure out beast but they are not as bad as they are made out to be. They run from you like anything else they will not attack unless you corner them a 100 pound dog van take down a 500 pound boar with help from a human. Ive only seen one about 500 hundred pounds and he was one of the biggest in south Ga and he looked about exactly like that one.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join