It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look at the SIZE of this WILD BOAR.... is this real?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This has been around here on ATS.
Supposedly, it is several years old and was taken in a game park inPakistan where such are found. But very similar have been found in the the southern US.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I seen a pic of an even larger one a hwile back i will tryt o find it, so yeah they totally can get that big.

Tonights sausages are on that guy!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Looks real to me. Wouldn't surprise me at all if a wild pig could get that large.

Peace

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Holy cow is that thing huge.

that's what she said

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
They can get that big, but not in the wild. Not enough food source. THis was probably released into wild from a farmer or he escaped.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
I seen a pic of an even larger one a hwile back i will tryt o find it, so yeah they totally can get that big.

Tonights sausages are on that guy!

beat me to it... I'm confident the OP is real. This one was..

Fox News: Alabama Boy Kills 1,051-Pound Monster Pig, Bigger Than 'Hogzilla'

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

From a 1000 lb Feral "Pig" to an 1800 lb "Wild Boar" is a huge jump!!

A record is set, and then beat by a little bit, and then suddenly doubled by a smaller species? I'm not buying it, but who knows.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
do not know if the pic or story is real, but the damage they can do is real www.tcpalm.com... and yes some can get up too 1000lbs. game officials say 750, but i think they mean dress out.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

edit on 29-9-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I know one thing, there's probably no predator that's gonna take that thing down in that part of the country. At least I can't think of one.

Maybe a slew of bites from an Eastern Diamondback, maybe an extremely large gator too. I'm not sure either wants to get tangled up with that thing.

Peace

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

That is exactly why they are so destructive. The feral pigs in S. Georgia and N. Florida are destroying crops, and creating traffic hazards. It is open season on them down here, you can hunt them night and day with no limit. They don't have a natural predator, and they destroy crops, and they get into roadways of fast-moving cars.

I've seen two killed this month on my way to work.

Packs of coyotes could bring one down, maybe a very large Florida Panther could kill one. Gators will take the young ones, but not the grown ones.

Feral Pigs and Imported Pythons are two of Florida Wildlife's biggest concerns right now, and they both have bounties on their heads!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Florida is not the only state with "boar" problems jersey has them too www.nj.com... from the link

"Most of the pigs checked in here were shot with shotguns," said Gehringer. "I had a couple with muzzleloader, and one with a bow -- a young boy got a pig with his bow on New Year's Eve and it weighed about 110 pounds."

It wasn't the biggest dragged into Gehringer's shop. That honor went to a 250-pound porker brought down with a shotgun on Christmas Eve. But, in a subsequent survey of hunters, the state learned a 308-pounder also was bagged -- along with a youth or "shoat" weighing 10 pounds.
always wanted fresh hog.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

that one is still up in the air was it a wild one or a raised released one?? to me it depends if hunt or "pay" to hunt, hunting is in the wild, you and nature, "pay hunt" game persevere. like the one you see, take it, miss we'll get it for you.that is not hunting that just target shooting.

edit on 29-9-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I could see a pack of coyotes wear it down and kill it (possibly), I think they'd leave it alone though. As far as a panther goes, that's a lot of weight to bring down for one cat. If it doesn't get the neck, it's life would probably be in danger.

It's fun discussing animal battles.

Peace

edit on 29-9-2011 by Dr Love because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

From a 1000 lb Feral "Pig" to an 1800 lb "Wild Boar" is a huge jump!!

A record is set, and then beat by a little bit, and then suddenly doubled by a smaller species? I'm not buying it, but who knows.

True... I was mainly bringing attention to that incident to show anybody who had never seen or imagined that sort of thing that, indeed things can grow big and go unnoticed out in the desolate swamp lands..

I understand skepticism towards OP, I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if it were true

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
OMG, that is freaky... I think I'm more comfortable with the idea of running into a bear (and have) out in the wilderness, then something like that! Yet another reason to stay out of the South...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I think someone pinched that pig from this Korean movie,

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Those feral pigs will mess you up. A guy I used to work with who lived out in the country had his car (with him in it) attacked by one. There must've been piglets involved is all I can figure. He used to shoot them in his front yard all the time.

Supposedly you've got to be very careful with the meat and the way you dress them. They can carry a load of bad stuff. He told me they're pretty tasty too.

Peace

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Thread on Snopes forum, back in 2000:
message.snopes.com...

Killed in Turkey not 1800Lbs, but just under 800Lbs.
Nature Tours web site:
www.naturetours.com.tr...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LockNLoad

Nice Find!

800 lbs I can buy, and those guys do look more Turkish than Floridian or Texan.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join