It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul kicked out of third place by Herman Cain

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
This has to be the most ridiculous thread I've seen in a while here on ATS. Not even worth debating this garbage. Don't get yourselves sucked into this person's agenda. As former NYC Mayor Ed Koch once said, "if it's brown, flush it down".

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
Source

(Reuters) - Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney has regained his status as front-runner in the race for the Republican presidential nomination and one-time pizza executive Herman Cain has tripled his support to reach third place, a Fox News poll said on Wednesday.

Ron Paul is outta there. He peaked and is falling back to where he belongs.
It is my opinion that he scared the bejeezes out of everyone when he said in the last debate that he was in third place and gloating about it. Then there are the rabid followers that try to rig every strawpoll and online poll out there, a clear sign of weakness. So they jumped to Herman Cain, all those that do not like Romney or Perry that is.
Now Ron Paul is left with only his devoted rabid fanbase, the same rabid fanbase that I predicted would destroy him again like in 08. He self imploded faster than I thought though.

How does one rig a straw poll?

I can understand where some people can claim that followers rig the online polls, but how are followers rigging Straw Polls? That makes no sense at all. I also do not think Ron Paul was gloating about anything. He made mention of being in third place, cause no one else would. That sir, is a fact which has been well documented by just about every political comedian.

There is also a long way to go before you can decide who is a front runner, who is not, who is even going to stay campaigning long enough to make a difference.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
ITT: people that think elections actually matter.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Rigging a straw poll might not be quite the right word, but as these polls are often fundraisers for whichever organization they are supposed to represent so paying for your supporters to get in for free is a common political ploy to try to buzz up a news story. Spending $5,000 to buy 1,000 tickets is a good investment if you get some earned media.

Who shows up isn't an accident.
edit on 29-9-2011 by cassandranova because: clarity

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I'd like to see Ron Paul and Herman Cain join forces. Paul/Cain 2012. Sounds about right. Forget about Romney and Perry.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Source

(Reuters) - Former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney has regained his status as front-runner in the race for the Republican presidential nomination and one-time pizza executive Herman Cain has tripled his support to reach third place, a Fox News poll said on Wednesday.

It is my opinion that he scared the bejeezes out of everyone when he said in the last debate that he was in third place and gloating about it. Then there are the rabid followers that try to rig every strawpoll and online poll out there, a clear sign of weakness. So they jumped to Herman Cain, all those that do not like Romney or Perry that is.
Now Ron Paul is left with only his devoted rabid fanbase, the same rabid fanbase that I predicted would destroy him again like in 08. He self imploded faster than I thought though.

sadly your qutie wrong about that

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I'm afraid the OP is correct, only in that Ron Paul will most likely not win the primary. This isn't his supporters fault, it's the fault of the corrupt disgusting system we live in where the corporate elite call the shots. Instead the candidate that supports forced vaccinations, wars, the Fed, the Patriot Act, stripping of liberty, and knows nothing about monetary policy or economics will win the primary; while the only viable guy who truly loves his country and wants to stop mass murdering foreign people will be kicked to the curb. Sad world we live in.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Ron Paul has tied with Obama in FL

Source

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Ron Paul is my favorite candidate. However, Cain is fresh. He does not have all the beltway sludge hanging off his shoulders.

Furthermore, Cain is highly educated and is a proven business leader. Cain kind of reminds me of Lech Walesa. He is for the common man and the common good, although different circumstances.

I've heard this man on radio for several years and he is a sound man that truly thinks outside of the box.

Last night, I got fined 20 points for getting into this same diatribe of political commentary. Kinda glad the thread got shut down.

Cain is a viable candidate and I give him much respect. But, I want my Dr. Paul to win.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Source

How can he be "outta there" the same week he beat Obama in a poll? But, what else should I expect from you? When you start your post by saying things like "Ron Paul is outta there", your agenda is clear.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Yeah,right the token black guy in the GOP presidential field would get the nomination in case you have not noticed the right wing of our 2-party dictatorship's base would never support him.They are the "Party of Lincoln." in name only.Cain will fade just as the others have and it will comedown to Romney and Paul.But,don't worry Herman will have his pizza's to comfort him and maybe have a part time job as a pundit.

edit on 103030p://4726 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Herman Cain is a Hardcore NEOCON he was a member the National Commission on Economic Growth and Tax Reform a Bilderberg front group.

Herman Cain, Whirlpool A director of Whirlpool Corp. since 1992 and is a member of the board of directors. Mr. Cain is also the CEO and president of THE New Voice, Inc., a business and leadership consulting company. Formerly with The Pillsbury Company, the U.S. Navy and Coca-Cola, Mr. Cain also serves on the boards of AGCO, Inc., Aquila, Inc., Reader's Digest and Hallmark Cards, and is a member of the National Commission on Economic Growth and Tax Reform.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

no he is not. he is just a black version of ron paul with a different swagger...and oh..he's bought and paid for

herman cain is federal reserve

PERIOD

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join