It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul kicked out of third place by Herman Cain

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

wow your analysis is definitely lacking. the linked zogby clearly states that they polled 2077 people, 1066 of which are "likely republican voters" meaning that they are registered as republican and voted in the last election. what about the youth who had no previous chance to vote? their poll responses are discarded as unlikely voters.

"IBOPE Zogby International conducted an online survey of 2,077 voters. A sampling of IBOPE Zogby International's online panel, which is representative of the adult population of the U.S., was invited to participate."
-so these statistics are of Americans who are predisposed to giving polls, as you have to have been a registered zogby user prior to the poll starting, so that you would receive an email to participate in the poll, and respond to the poll prior to the close.

they then say that they applied weight to "region, party, age, race, religion, gender and education to more accurately reflect the population"

So after claiming that their online international poll is representative of the American public, they stretch the groups to meet their perception of what the American voter is...when was the last time that broad sweeping generalizations were accurate?

what a joke.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Just for you,

R. I. P. Ron Paul campaign.

Read the poll from Zogby if you don't like Fox poll. I provided links for both, the Zogby one is in a later post than the opener.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Ron Paul's worst enemy is his own supporters.

edit on 29-9-2011 by KySc5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

I registered Republican. Hurt me more than getting all my teeth pulled, at the same time, and with no anesthesia, but I did it.

Ho hum, another lie from a RP hater. What a surprise. Would it be possible for once a RP hater to debate with a fact? Just one, I'm not asking for a whole litany of them, just one. Instead of stereotypical drivel we could have a honest debate but no, that's just too hard.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by greygary

what a joke.

This just tells me that Ron Paul supporters dislike polls that they cannot flash mob on the internet.

Zogby has been around for a long time, if you don't like them oh well, doesn't change the trend of Herman Cain being the one attracting voters attention and putting Ron Paul out to pasture.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I think the analysis is very premature. In the end, you're going to have four candidates in the Republican primary.

1) The Establishment Guy: Mitt Romney. His argument is the McCain argument, a moderate who doesn't frighten people on the otherside, offers a better economic platform, and has the best theoretical chance of beating Obama.

2) The Conservative Flavor of the Week: Michelle Bachmann, I mean Rick Perry, no Herman Cain, oh wait...whomever the conservative base decides they like in a given week will rise up the polls, and stay there until it is determined they voted wrong on a key issue. By that, I mean anything. Cain has a chance of staying there only because he doesn't have much of a record to have to defend, and he speaks well.

3) The Religious Zealot: Mike Huckabee when he was nice fit the role last year. Look for Rick Santorum to edge out Bachmann to claim this spot, and try to win on social issues.

4) Ron Paul: There will be 15-20% of the people voting for him in Republican primaries. Not all of them will be natural Republicans as the supporters will be registered and will vote, and can win in caucuses.

So in this scenario, who wins?

Mitt Romney still has odds in my book. Especially if foreign policy comes to the front. Cain's lack of experience in that area will hurt him.

Herman Cain can win if he sells a strong jobs platform and manages to push out some of the rest of the field. Romney has the establishment vote locked up, so Cain needs fewer rivals.

I can't see Rick Santorum winning, ever.

And Ron Paul. Ron Paul can win, but only in one scenario. If the dollar truly crashes and the banks go belly up in Europe, as seems very possible, the idea of a gold standard might just be the winning ticket. If people see massive inflation and threat of financial collapse looming because of the banking system, he just might do it.

If there was a foreign policy issue, however, like open war in the middle east, he can't win. Republicans are far too hawkish to vote for noninterventionism.

But he'd be a really interesting independent in that scenario, though I doubt that would happen.

The only wild card left in all this is Palin. For some reason, I still believe she jumps in, and she brings massive support of her own. Republican women will vote for her in droves, and it could be enough.
edit on 29-9-2011 by cassandranova because: grammar

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

edit on 29-9-2011 by KySc5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Awful deflection. Just awful. Do you really think I am that stupid? I'm not a genius but I'm far from stupid. You answered NOT ONE of my questions, as I predicted. Fail.

The campaign is also not dead, as RP has NOT bowed out, so what you wrote is a lie. It is also opinion but it is a wrong opinion as he is still in the race, plain and simple. You must have a crystal ball to see the future and know every damned variables in the human race to predict the outcome of this election. Hell, Churchill won the damned big war and got booted three months later, how the heck can you say, beyond all doubt, that RP cannot win?

As you won't even answer simple questions and all you bring to the table is childish behavior, I will no longer argue with you. I would debate with you but there is nothing resembling debate with you. I have said my piece enough and it does no good. Talking with the RP haters is akin to clapping with one hand whilst urinating into a strong wind.

Don't even bother to reply, as you didn't with your last post and all you will do is make things up anyway. You are not worth my time anymore.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
If I was asking Cain the question, I'd say:

"In the interests of full transparency in our government and for the taxpayer's money, would you support a regular audit of the Federal Reserve and all major governmental institutions to protect our dollars?"

And yes, I realize the Fed isn't a government institution per se, but that's the question that will get the answer you want. If he says no to that, then I have serious problems.

On a personal note, I'm a Paul supporter who did a ton of work for his campaign in '08, but I generally like Cain and what he has to say. Which doesn't make him not a corporate schill, but it does speak to the choices the Republican field offers. The only other one who strikes me as smart is Gingrich, but he has big problems. Love his books though.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony

Don't even bother to reply, as you didn't with your last post and all you will do is make things up anyway. You are not worth my time anymore.

Lol, I did not make these polls up. Nice try but deceit is all your side seems to have left.
You'd be better off emotionally by jumping on the Herman Cain Cruise ship, because it is riding the waves not sinking to the bottom of the ocean like the Ron Paul dinghy.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Originally posted by TheLoony

Lol, I did not make these polls up. Nice try but deceit is all your side seems to have left.
You'd be better off emotionally by jumping on the Herman Cain Cruise ship, because it is riding the waves not sinking to the bottom of the ocean like the Ron Paul dinghy.

That might not be a good idea.....

Poor Mr. Cain is just being used by the GOP as a PR patsy to vainly try and win some minority votes and paint the Republicans as tolerant and having a "big tent"..... It couldn't be more transparent.

He will never pass muster with the GOP white, Evangelical elite that has taken over the Grand Old Party.

Politics is ugly and the GOP especially, has no compunction about throwing the faithful under the bus....then eating them alive.

Expecting truth and openness from any political entity is the height of naivete. As a media person that has worked both sides; I know!!!

Schools out...

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
herman cain is a federal reserve PICK...did you know he was on the BOD of a Fed branch?

lmfao

his 9 9 9 plan.....?

turn it upside down.. 6-6-6

you can't make this up. i'm one of the few who realizes it

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
We should start reporting troll threads.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
it'll take more than a few rigged polls to make people vote Cain over Paul. I think they are diametrically opposed, a former fed director and Ron Paul, like Hamilton and Jefferson. Sure the Hamilton's will rig the system but the Jefferson's will be right in the end.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx

Hahaha, too funny.
Report yourself while you are at it for the one liner.

This thread is about real polls just like all the other threads were about polls that were flooded with Ron Paul fanatics to try to get people to think he was winning.

Well, Herman Cain is thoroughly whipping Ron Paul in voter support, gaining a first place and third place in two recent polls where there are no fanatics padding the numbers for him either.

Herman Cain is the real deal cinderella story, not Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Originally posted by jessejamesxx

Hahaha, too funny.
Report yourself while you are at it for the one liner.

This thread is about real polls just like all the other threads were about polls that were flooded with Ron Paul fanatics to try to get people to think he was winning.

Well, Herman Cain is thoroughly whipping Ron Paul in voter support, gaining a first place and third place in two recent polls where there are no fanatics padding the numbers for him either.

Herman Cain is the real deal cinderella story, not Ron Paul.

Oooooooo two whole polls as opposed to how many Ron Paul has won?
You can only vote once in polls online so there is no padding going on. Cain is an ex fed who would let our ME policies be dictated to us by Israel. Apparently Cain never bothered to study history when he is screaming they are our "friends" because "friends" don't spy on and murder your "friends". And his 9 9 9 is a good laugh 9% corporate tax they have been paying no taxes for years why start now? 9% personal tax it sounds good but will never happen how will you destroy the middle class if you let them have more money. 9% national tax oh goody yet another tax for the people just what we were hoping for.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Ron Paul polling second in NH and Iowa, let's see how Herman Cain is polling there. You want to make up things to discredit Ron Paul, that is cool, you just show how much more of a joke you are and end up discrediting yourself while Ron Paul remains a top tier GOP candidate and his supporters still remains supporters. You're not changing any minds about Ron Paul.

TinfoilTP, you never disappoint to prove again and again how much you love trolling Ron Paul, even going as far as saying Herman Cain has a shot at the GOP nomination.

Come on, bring some real game.

I've seen you accuse Ron Paul of anything negative you can google on him, you never stay solid on one single argument because you can never back it up, you spend all of your days on ATS trolling Ron Paul threads. I guess now that this troll thread has failed, you can go back to calling RP a racist? or does that not work anymore?

Keep this up and your fate will reveal itself as it did for former ATS member and Ron Paul troll, Kro32, unless you are kro32, that would be funny and not surprising.
edit on 29-9-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Herman Cain is the flavor of the day and has yet to be thoroughly vetted. An interesting development, but way too early to be viewed with great significance. A good day for Cain, but what will the next few months bring?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
based on what, straw polls ?

lolololol

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Ron Paul vs. Herman Cain vs. Barack Obama… September 28, 2011

Who does the establishment fear more, Ron Paul or Herman Cain? The experts keep telling us neither can win. Are they right in their assumptions? And what exactly is the role of the “experts” in the electoral process? Do they explain political realities or do they shape them? Political consultants are hired by campaigns to determine public opinion. They conduct polls to find out what the public thinks about the issues and their candidate. Using this info they package the candidate to perform better in later polling. Thus, political consultants determine public opinion in order to determine the public’s opinion. Knowledge is power. Once you know what the public thinks, you know how to make the public think the way you want it to.thyblackman.com...

Ron Paul & Herman Cain’s Different Philosophies…

thyblackman.com...

there i brought more to the debate than the OP..

OP= neener neener Cain is cool Paul drools

ME= here is some information about the differences between Ron Paul and Herman Cain.

i am not comfortable with an ex-banker self admitted corp America "pizza tycoon" candidate with ZERO foreign policy experience even touching my White House.
I dislike republicans generally speaking...i like Ron Paul, just for disclosure.

edit on 29-9-2011 by CaDreamer because: to add

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join