It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

undo's inspirations

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

There is some people here on ATS that would probably help you out, there is so much talent right here its unreal! you should make a thread all about the game I bet other programmers artists and digital music buffs would flock to it like crazy. Something tells me its got a star gate theme?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
off on a tangent i go.
i have access to a huge solar system program with all the planets, in 3d, fly down to the surfaces and all that jazz. keeps real time, day and night cycles, biomes (farther up in elevation, different plants grow than lower down. desert climate different trees than tropical climates, etc. but it needs to be coded into a different language. it's currently c++

edit on 4-12-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

sounds like you got your work cut out for ya

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Brotherman
reply to post by undo

sounds like you got your work cut out for ya

i can't do it. not many programmers can do it in fact. the reason being that it's foremost, a planet generating and rendering engine. and has all kinds of wonky algorithms in it. and it needs alot of additional stuff, so it would need some kind of plug-in friendly architecture for the new code type, like c# or the equivalent. anything besides c++
the gentleman who created it is a famous computer genius and has no time on his schedule to revisit his older work but gave me permission to use it, free of charge, copyright free, no strings attached or stipulations necessary, if i can get someone to write it into a different language.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
one last thing:

if you'll notice game creation companies like "unreal," are making it possible to recode games from other languages into a browser friendly language, so that you can play the game right in your browser window. this is kinda the idea i am looking for.

i really don't think i'm allowed to solicit talent from the members. last time i saw a thread like that, it was shut down by a mod.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Ive been playing with your game for a little bit, still trying to figure out what kind of game play you are trying to accomplish, thus far it almost seems like it is going to be a point and click adventure mixed with some kind of top down flying and classic DnD style role playing/ story telling/ strategy?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

mmo, space and ground based, with professions, building architecture and commerce, with strategy and some violence. most mmos are mostly violence. this is the opposite. mostly game related stuff with some violence. i wanted to make it possible to play the entire game without ever having to do anything violent, so that it is 1) promoting more peaceful ideals, 2) safer for younger people and 3) suitable for pacifists

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
the key feature is something called the garb device. when you embark on quests, you enter a garb device that changes your appearance to suit the quest. to embark on the quest you enter a portal which sends you to the questing planet that you are geared for. it may be that the planet is more medival in its timeline, so you will be dressed for that occassion and have access to that form of transportation. it may be the that the planet is more advanced in its timeline, or has sentient sponges or all androids or no life forms at all. each of these questing planets has their own leveling system and criteria so that by the time you complete the quests for that questing planet, your character will have skills and abilities applicable to that planet. this is how your character progresses.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
p.s. and you don't have to enter the portal after you get the garb for a specific planet, so it can be used as a way to modify your appearance if you're bored of the way your non questing character looks

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

have you thought of also utilizing a language barrier between not only planets but also time periods? For example if visitor from planet A goes to planet B and both players try and communicate via online text it comes out the other side garbled and as a user gains more experience it becomes faster at translation or some kind of key item that must be found to undistort the language barrier

Also added an updated pic to that piece im working on if you want to check it out, usually those threads of mine die fast and no one comes back to criticize me for all my short comings lol

edit on 4-12-2013 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

that's looking really nice. she kinda looks like my avatar a bit, sorta of in a stylized way. except her arms are shorter, her nose smaller and her hair is actual hair instead of feathers hehe also reminds me a bit of the image for the game entrance.

on to the game again. yeah i like anything language related. i also want to weave alot of science into it but in a fun way. for example, a questing planet that's medieval would teach things like alchemy and metallurgy. a planet with no life, would teach biochemistry and terraforming. and so on and on, till you get the complex stuff, involving AI, computers and space mining.

and all of this is to support the growth of your particular planet's biodome and the growth of your personal village and stores, which are the other part of the game. there's also 2 factions and they hostile to each other. however they have to flag themselves to be pvp-enabled. otherwise everywhere in the game universe is pve,
EXCEPT for one planet, which is not a requirement to go to but is world pvp - meaning it's almost like the neutral zone in star trek, you don't go there unless you don't mind getting shot at.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I was just suggesting language as it is directly related to your garb machine, looking the part doesnt always make you sound the part if you get me

Have you ever heard of a game Eco-Librium, that is free and non violent for the PSVITA console? It is directly related to this concept you have

LINK

It is not well known but is a game that plays as though you are god terraforming and building life and then managing its ability to evolve and then fight and survive with other life forms to maintain homeostasis

also about what im still doing 8hours later lol with my piece did you check the link to see it full size? it gives a more complete scope

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Brotherman
reply to post by undo

I was just suggesting language as it is directly related to your garb machine, looking the part doesnt always make you sound the part if you get me

Have you ever heard of a game Eco-Librium, that is free and non violent for the PSVITA console? It is directly related to this concept you have

LINK

It is not well known but is a game that plays as though you are god terraforming and building life and then managing its ability to evolve and then fight and survive with other life forms to maintain homeostasis

also about what im still doing 8hours later lol with my piece did you check the link to see it full size? it gives a more complete scope

yep i looked at the full size right off the bat. soon you'll have so much data in it, it'll take you awhile to paint it all unless you're a fast painter. the field is getting full. is that a horse in the field?

yes the garb device should teach rudimentary language at first and make the quest chain involve learning the language. i realized after i said sentient sponges (was just an example not a real species i've thought of including) that some might be picturing sponge bob lol no, no sponge bob hehe

the ways interface space differs fron equlibirum are:

1. it's a mmo, and equilibrium is not
2. you actually fly down the surface of the planet, get out of your ship and move around on the surface of the planet, building your village and stores, inside the ecodome your character was assigned to when the character was made and various other things related to community maintenance of the biosphere of the ecodome as well. you also portal or fly up to the hub for your faction and get out and walk around in the hub, use the garb device and so on. in equilibirum you don't actually land on the planet or do any community related things.
3. in equilibrium it sounds like you have to fight. in interface space you never go to hostile worlds, unless you deliberately go to the world pvp planet. as i said, violence is minimal but accessible for those who want to wear out their adrenal glands lol
4. there's a strategy battle for people who like strategy, involving an ongoing invasion of space pirates, but this is constantly going on and is run entirely by the game ai, unless someone queues up to take part in it.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

see my post above. this is a video of the inhospitable surface of the planet venus. the object of venusians is to make it a hospitable planet by building biodomes, cities, villages and advanced sciences. most venusian housing is underground in huge crystalline caverns as the surface of venus is not liveable. it rains sulfuric acid, for example and has a really bad case of the green house effect. it's the task of the venusians to cure the planet's surface, but they have to start in underground, ecodome cities. same with the mercurians.

whereas the neptunians who are on the planet farthest from the sun, are in underwater ecodomes and their task is to build ecodomes for the surface of the water.

earthlings are like a cross between a reptile and an elf. they live in reinforced caves that are particulary green and woodsy but are open to the outside, meaning they aren't hermetically sealed like the ecodomes on inhospitable planets. their task is to fix parts of the earth that have been destroyed as a result of a series of cataclysms. etc.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Ive had a hard time replying my service sucks sometimes, ill certainly get with you tomorrow you did present some questions, some hard to answer and some I cannot. We may not agree on star gates but at the least we both have a rad taste in art.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Brotherman
Ive had a hard time replying my service sucks sometimes, ill certainly get with you tomorrow you did present some questions, some hard to answer and some I cannot. We may not agree on star gates but at the least we both have a rad taste in art.

sooo do you know anybody that's familar with game programming?
what i need is someone that knows how to use CLANG to convert c++
to LLVM bytecode (that's the easy part, clang does most of the work)
and then from the bytecode into _javascript using emscripten, which,
theoretically shouold be easy as well, as long as the algorithms for
planet rendering survive the translation process.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I think I may know of someone on here that could help, problem is, is that when ATS wiped all my U2Us his went away in that I will do some thread surfing cause I dont remember his user handle but remember him posting in one of my threads about he programs games and what not.

The members handle is Animatrix but it appears this user hasnt been on in a long while
edit on 5-12-2013 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Brotherman
reply to post by undo

I think I may know of someone on here that could help, problem is, is that when ATS wiped all my U2Us his went away in that I will do some thread surfing cause I dont remember his user handle but remember him posting in one of my threads about he programs games and what not.

The members handle is Animatrix but it appears this user hasnt been on in a long while
edit on 5-12-2013 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

ahh that's too bad.

the financial plan for the game is pretty simple. everyone pays for their initial copy and then pays a monthly subscription. each player is an investor in the game. if the country or region or state, doesn't allow them to receive dividends, the money is donated to their favorite charity, if such exists. if none of those options are available, the investor in question waives their dividends and the money is divided between the other investors.

this means the players must be of legal age to receive dividends as well
edit on 5-12-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Thats actually a very interesting incentive for playing a game you already hold interest in and also subscribe too, too bad WoW fans dont enjoy that bonus lol

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Brotherman
reply to post by undo

Thats actually a very interesting incentive for playing a game you already hold interest in and also subscribe too, too bad WoW fans dont enjoy that bonus lol

i was also thinking it might be best to have the funds for it be paid from a more stable currency, like the money of iceland that has apparently been unhitched from the dollar. in this way, the game dividends might act like a lifeboat for people in countries where the economy is wrecked when and if the dollar crashes again. i don't think it'll be much of a lifeboat - for example you would probably never earn enough dividends to earn a living at it, but it certainly couldn't hurt.

sales in the game store would also generate dividends, so that would help.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join