It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Hours Sleep In 70+ Hours,The Same Life Ending Dream for 7 Days Straight

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I have had this dream many times over the last 10 or so years. A little over a month ago, I started having this dream every couple (2 or 3) of nights, sometimes I would wake up, go back to sleep thinking it's over and have it again. It is so real. I couldn't go back to sleep.
Then about 2 weeks ago I started having it every night. I wasn't getting any sleep; because when I tried to go back to sleep it would start all over again. This past Sunday night I went to bed around 1 am, I woke up at 2 am in a state of panic. "I NEVER PANIC" "NEVER". I SAID , "THIS IS FREAKEN NUTS". I went to my bath and got a sleeping pill. I don't know how old it was, but I was taking it, I needed sleep. I slept for about 2 hrs and woke up in a panic state again. Monday, I went to the doctors. DOC I said, "I got to sleep. I explained everything to him and he said, STRESS. Gave me 6 pills. You go home take one, then take one before you go to bed for a week to get my sleep cycle back and I guarantee you will sleep. That afternoon I took a pill. I fell asleep on the couch for 1 fraken hour. I dreamt the same dream, so real I knew it was telling me something.
I woke up crying.

"People" this dream is scaring the hell out of me. I have talked to everyone I know about this dream. I can not figure it out. I know dreams are suppose to be your unconsious/subconsious trying to tell you something; but god help me, I'm Stumped. I am not a long term ATS member. I just found out about this site a couple days ago. Monday I think. I couldn't sleep and was scrolling the internet and found this site. I said, Why Not. I posted to the number of sites I had to to post this thread. Some pretty bizare stuff, some cool, some just stupid. Please no stupid. I read a couple of the world is coming to an end things and tomorrow is no exception on here and I read several othe dream threads hoping to find something simalar but; This dream feels as real as if I were living in that moment. Is scary as hell and feels like it is telling me I am going to die. SOON!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont have any significant stress or problems, I am very easy going but not laid back. I work and play and enjoy life in moderation and I love my kids everlastingly. I'm so tired, I close my eyes and then an hour later I wake up in total fear. I could handle it if it was just about me in the dream; but it's not. I can't find my kids and it's happening to the whole world around me. I think part of the reason that the fear is so great is: the last time I had a reoccuring dream was in 1986. For a week I dreamt of a plane flying upside down and crashing into water. I woke up that morning to hear the Space Shuddle had crashed.

Here is my dream: Sorry this was so long.

"I'm outside, but not familar with my area, everything has changed, Water was rising, the Earth was shaking, the Stars in the sky were sliding all over the place, There were some kind of explosons in the sky. The sky was black but it was continually lit up with these like fireworks high in the sky explosions. Everything is black, like at night. Something like planes are crashing into the water. I can't find my children and (I always know were my kids are), people are screaming, some are in the water, some are running away from it, some people are dead. I say, Oh my god, the world is coming to an end. I keep screaming my kids names, oh god whats happening? The explosions just keep coming, the sky is a flurry of movement, almost like it is sliding. Everything is moving. Black smoke is off in the distance like a hundred nukes went off and it's rolling my way. I run into this building, people are screaming "Its Time, It's Time" I look out the wall that's not there and a plane crashes right in front of me. I am awake in the dream as if it is really happening right then. I'm not exactly scared, more in shock. It is so real I wake up and all I can think of is "OH #, I was almost dead". When I tried going back to sleep I would go back to the part of running into the building and people sreaming" It's Time, It's Time" Knowing what's going to happen I wake right back up again.

Any one having this same dream (this is ATS afterall), anyone got any ideas? What am I missing that I can't figure out what this dream is trying to tell me. This afternoon I fell asleep on the couch again and the dream jumped to the building and people screaming "It's Time". I woke up and said "OK Already, get it the hell over with, so tired of this dream am I.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
this is what you do. wear a life jacket, a snorkel, flippers and a dive mask. sleep in full gear.

after a week, or sooner, you should feel ridiculous and sleep normally.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

I have actually thought of that.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by IJUSTAM

Maybe you should try to finish the dream. If you can stay asleep and go with it, just see it through to the end. Maybe your mind/subconscious won't give you any peace until you do. The less rest you get, the more stressed you will become. Once you know the conclusion to the dream, maybe you can find out more about the situation and get an understanding of what's going on with you. I've had nightmares that wouldn't go away despite the fact that I woke up and fell back asleep two or three times a night, but I can't say I've had one that continued with the same scenario. Just today I posted in reply to a person describing a series of nightmares I had which continued for a month or two. They had the same subject matter and characters involved, but the scenery changed from one night to the next. I finally reached a conclusion with one final dream, and I never experienced the same dreams again.
My advice, sleep through it and get to the conclusion to gain a peace of mind.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
hmmm I really don't know, I'm sorry.

When I was little I would have this recurring dream when a metallic sort of robot dog would be chasing me, it would always catch me and would "chomp" on me
then I would wake up, scared to go back to sleep, cause every time I went back to sleep I'd dream the same thing. I don't even remember when the dream stopped ....... but it did, I have no idea what it was trying to "tell me", but the dream did stop. I do remember as a result of that dream ... I was deathly afraid of dogs when I was little, now dogs don't bother me.
edit on 28-9-2011 by WhoDat09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
"The sky is a flurry of movement, almost like it is sliding"
Sounds like a description of the pole shift that may occur soon.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by IJUSTAM

Ever have any other instances of these types of dreams?
Is it in the 3rd person, or the 1st person?
do you know anyone in the dream?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I know you mentioned the one dream sequence where you woke up to the shuttle crash. But, have you had a past history of precognition? I'm wondering if some of the stress, is because you are fighting a possible gift you have.

I hope you do get some much needed sleep soon. It really sucks to be so tired and run down physically.

Welcome to ATS, Good first thread

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The lack of sleep is eventually what caused me to "awaken". Once you become exhausted enough, you will be unable to maintain the mental blocks put up by your subconscious to protect the ego. Believe me, when it happens, you'll know.......and everything will become clear. Let your mind step foot into the abyss, and let go.

It is extremely difficult, and in my case, physically painful. But I wouldn't trade the experience for anything.

The path is clear....
edit on 28-9-2011 by Quantum Logic because: added line

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I've had some dreams repeat and some bad dreams. I attempted to gain control over the dreams with success. It's called lucid dreaming. The dream that kept repeating, only 4 times for me, I was leading a squad of men in a complex. We kept going into a dark room with those metal chairs that people sit in. Anyway someone kept bumping into one making noise and then enemy solders kept popping into the room opposite us and one of the bullets that hit me kept going into my heart. I kept waking up right after that. This didn't terrify me or cause me any pain but it was annoying to have the dream repeat. The 4th time I had the dream, I told myself, I remember this, I led my squad around the perimeter of that room and we caught and shot the enemy solders first. End of dream.

In other dreams that weren't going good that kept repeating, eventually I realized I was dreaming and could alter and control the dream. So the world is ending and you're afraid of dying? No problem change the dream so the world isn't ending if you can. Or imagine that you died in that world but instantly wake up in an alternate reality where you finally had a good nights sleep but your family said you had one crazy dream.
edit on 28/9/11 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Have you try lucid dreaming?
Try a lucid dreaming technique and you might possibly find yourself in control of your dream. I know it might be harder than it sounds but it's worth a try.
Sorry I don't have any good source on this technique but I know for sure there are a lot out there available.
edit on 28-9-2011 by innocenttdreams because: (no reason given)

Edit: Lucid dreaming technique
edit on 28-9-2011 by innocenttdreams because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Relax.

Dreams can be frighteningly realistic. I know as I'm a very vivid dreamer, and invariably remember them all in detail, even hours later. Recurring dreams for me are always subconscious messages. I have three recurring dreams.

1.) I dream I'm in a sticky situation (no jokes, ok jokes if you like) and i concentrate really hard, then levitate above the problem. Once it revolved around being in an open plains zoo, or African table lands or some such. To me it was to do with something i was fighting with in life and was trying to rise above it, get away from the issue. I've had more than 5 dreams where i levitate, it's great fun too! As a lot of the time I realise I'm dreaming, so i make the most of it.

2.) I dream of a huge tidlewave/tsunami/wall of water coming my way. I'm always on the shore doing something, no-one else is EVER aware of it coming, and i always turn my back to it at the last second and duck/cower. Somehow i always come out of it in the dream though. Again, fighting things in life that feel overwhelming.

3.) This is the worst one for me personally. I have cats, i love my cats dearly. I dream that I have lost my cats and I'm running around in a panic trying to find them. This has happened 10 or more times. I usually find them in the end, including the one that ran away in real life 2 months ago and I've never found. Naturally this is upsetting and i often jolt awake from it.

Several times I've jolted awake so hard that I'm sitting up before I'm awake, and every time i have no idea what the dream was but I'm panting. I once threw myself out of my bed in my sleep too, woke up before i hit the solid wood floor, THAT was a rude awakening.

It will almost certainly be fear about losing something you love, like you said how much you love your kids. Relax, let it play through, don't focus on it or it'll keep going. Don't use pills either. The more you focus on something, the more likely it will keep happening. The human mind is more powerful than most people comprehend.

So take a chill pill, but only figuratively.

You'll feel better soon mate.
edit on 28/9/2011 by outsidethesquare because: sp

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by IJUSTAM

Geez, that sounds terrifying and I'm so sorry. If you do a search, you'll find that many have had disaster dreams right after such events occur and I would think that's only natural as our worst nightmares come through in our dreams. Have you ever had any experiences with precognition that have come true? If not, I would think that it's probably your subconscious playing out the worst case scenario - many of us feel this heaviness in the air and we probably all process it differently. Sorry I can't give you anything more than conjecture but I'm not a professional.

With that said, I do know ALOT about sleep deprivation because I'm a chronic insomniac. The longer you go without sleep, the higher your anxiety level will rise (and the more frantic your dreams will probably become). If I were you, I would ask my doc for something a bit stronger than what he/she originally prescribed because it obviously wasn't strong enough. Nothing is worse than being stuck between that sleep and awake state and you don't want to find yourself there. I can't say that taking a strong sleeping pill will make your dream stop (and wouldn't even recommend it if your own doc hadn't done so) - I don't know about that - but I can tell you that you'll be able to deal with it better during the waking hours if your body is rested.

Best of luck to you and I hope this stops for you soon!!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
go check out the National Dream Center dot com.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Try consciously taking over the dream right after the people are yelling "It's time!" and right before the plane crashes

Try to step away from where you know the plane is going to crash before it crashes.

You know the plane's going to crash there...maybe that's the end of the dream because you're too close to the crash & it takes you out

If you can take enough control to react in your dream to change it...maybe it will go away?[
edit on 28-9-2011 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

good plan - keep going back in until you beat the dream

- kind of like source code

I think most of us could say we have had dreams that ended 'poorly'
I have had a few like that and thought about them as scenarios and now have a repertoire of different actions to counter the wrong moves should those dreams recur

having said that, wasn't it Joseph who told pharoah the dream was assured because he had it twice? or was that Daniel talking to Nebuchadnezzar?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
#1 Take Melatonin every night at exactly the same time (you get it at Walgreens in the vitamin section). This will help regulate your sleep and keep you sleeping all night.

#2 no TV or computer for 2 hours before bed.

#3 (and this will sound bizarre) rent (download or buy) a bunch of different Cirque Du Soleil videos. Make them the last thing that you watch before you have no more television for the evening.

#4 don't read in bed

#5 no caffine after 4 pm.

I know this sounds all oddly specific, but I had the EXACT same problem as you do. This is the exact routine that solved it for me. My dreams turned into really neat creative visions (obviously spurred by the bizarre and whimsicle Circue Du Soleil videos) and after 2 weeks, I was able to cut out the melatonin.

Try it.

Good luck.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by IJUSTAM

About 10 years back I was having many dreams I ended up going to my doctor he suggested I have a little port before I go to sleep. I tried it and it worked.

Just keep in mind that some people’s dreams are a warning or an awareness of what is going to happen in their life.

You could also ask your guides to hold back your dreams for a time, just until your body can catch up.

love and harmony
whateva x x x

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Based on the fact that you are waking with a panic attack, not being able to sustain sleep, and your dream includes images of drowning and raising water, I suggest you go get a sleep study done to check if you are starting to get sleep apnea.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by IJUSTAM

I am skeptical to believe your account. The post feels like a set up -- convince us you have had a precognitive dream before, and then present us with an end-of-world scenario you're dreaming about.

I'm sure you won't mind be being skeptical, this is the Internet...

My advice, in case you are telling the truth, would be to develop the confidence that this dream cannot hurt you. You know the dream scenario now, so it should be very easy for you to realize in your dream (lucidly) that you are dreaming -- after all, it's been this same dream over and over.

Once you realize you are dreaming, you have the power to change the dream if you will it. Or you can simply focus on staying calm while trying to open your eyes. If you believe that My Little Ponies will appear in the dream and save the day, they will. If you believe that this dream can rule your nights, it might for some time.
edit on 9/28/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join