It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mayan Prophecies and 2012

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

Do you mean jesus rocking up at the white house?

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Tangled2011

I am overjoyed at your response, truly makes it worthwhile my friend.

Much appreciated

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

You should do a little more than parouse my friend.

Never said hunab k'u was a god, merely an interpretation of what we view as the concept of god, the divine guiding force of the universe.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Very few have the mindset to mention the mystery schools, you did so well, my hat off to you. Continue the work for time linear or non-linear is short.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

But that term doesn't even appear until the post-Conquest era. In fact it originally appears in the Chilam Balam books, which were used to convert the Mayans to Christianity. It is not a Mayan belief, but a Christian belief disguised as a Mayan belief. That's why it sounds so similar to the Christian God.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

The Long Count doesn't "certainly end" in December 2012. In all of the Mayan Classic period there is only one mention of 2012 and that is on Tortuguero Monument 6. This isn't a calendar though. Most of the calendars from this period extended past 13 baktun. Some of them went up to 19 baktun. Despite all of this, researchers have found that the GMT correlation that has been used to match out calendar to the Long Count is wrong. I suggest you look in to Gerardo Aldana's paper that discusses the problems with the GMT correlation.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Great Thread! S&F for you.

Now I have to go research those magnetic centers. Apparently there is one here in my own back yard. Mississippi.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Thank you, I will look into his paper.

I feel that the Mayan beliefs were pretty cemented through oral tradition by the time of the Chilam Balam, though it may have been used as a manipulative tool is something else, that will take further analysis. Although I really appreciate your perspective, cheers for sharing it!

Sir slide

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

SS that was an awesome OP, easy to understand and extremely well written, its threads like this that make ATS worth reading, s+f, in fact if i could give more than one, i would.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by wshadow1

You'd be surprised. There is a lot going on in your backyard.

Check out my Ley lines thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This isn't what 'the Mayan's believe.

Go ahead, ask a Mayan.

This entire thing is based on Jose Argueles book called 'the Mayan Factor' in which he interprets mayan 'gliphs' that no one really knows how to translate.

It's a fun book. Talks about neat stuff. But it is absurd to pretend it is fact, or that it is what 'the mayans' believe.

www.slideshare.net...

webcache.googleusercontent.com...:hz2X_TbvC80J
mega77.tripod.com/mayandoomsdaypenn.pdf+debunking+the+mayan+factor+argueles&cd=1&hl =en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&client=firefox-a

en.wikipedia.org...

www.2012hoax.org...

edit on 30-9-2011 by ARealandTrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ARealandTrueAmerican

Have, and what they say doesn't really correlate.

I don't really understand where you;re coming from....

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I'm saying that the 'evidence' presented in this thread is based on interpretation of data that is not fully understood.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Not sure who you were quoting there....

Get specific guy

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Howdy Sir_slide

I believe the other poster doesn't buy your ideas

However all of this be ended in 448 days. Just for grins and giggles what do you expect to happen that day?

No link please just a short paragraph on what you think will occur

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide

Not sure who you were quoting there....

Get specific guy

I have been quite specific. The information presented in the OP is based on silly interpretations of "Mayan" gliphs that no one really knows how to translate. I left like 5 links, so I'm not sure how much more specific you need me to get...

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2mayavision

I just wanted to relay to you how much I am enjoying this thread. It has been almost a year now since I became absolutely enthralled with this very subject, including many of the things you talked about, earth2mayavision. I stumbled across Steve Beckow's site by accident about a year ago and have checked it at least twice a day ever since. I have also clicked on the other link you have provided and enjoyed that reading, as well. If this cosmic consciousness, fifth-dimensional thing is going to happen, I'd sure like to see more evidence of it. I am not too much of a skeptic, though, as the information resonates with me so much! However, I guess I'm just trying to be patient in looking forward to it.

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

You bring up some very important questions. I would like to attempt some answers.

Is it possible that the Mayan civilization of old actually "ascended" because of their advanced knowledge and did not "disappear", as it seems to us?

Secondly, I believe you may have it backwards as far as Mathematics is concerned. I believe that Mathematics is not a human invention. It is the universal multidimensional Creator's invention and humans simply try to understand it so that he/she can understand their environment better.

Also, I believe that humans are the only ones who perceive time.

I get a lot of my information from - and some may be surprised by this - the study of Near Death Experiences (or NDE's). There is a website you can Google that is full of literally thousands of NDE's that you can read called "Near Death Experience Research Foundation" or simply "NDERF". I recommend scrolling to the bottom of the page and reading the ones that are termed "Exceptional".

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
sorry, nothing to add, just wanted to tag this thread so i could read it later

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by angellicview
reply to post by Fox Molder

Is it possible that the Mayan civilization of old actually "ascended" because of their advanced knowledge and did not "disappear", as it seems to us?

The Maya never disappeared, many of their cities collapsed over a period of time. The exact reason for this is complex and not fully understood. The last Mayan city was destroyed by the Spanish in 1697. The Mayan tribes are all still there.

The Maya didn't have 'advanced knowledge' in the sense of the modern 'new agers' have assigned them. In many areas they were quite primative.

edit on 1/10/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join