It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mayan Prophecies and 2012

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I'm very skeptical about a people that can predict all this but no longer exist!!! Time is a cycle...Well..Maybe but when it really comes down to it, time is absolutely NOTHING but a human way to quantify moments between events or happenings or point to an event or use of a reference. Time itself is a human invention based on calculations that are founded in a human process called Mathematics and we all know that math is nothing more than an hypothesis created to help human comprehend it's environment.

I hope that my comment is clear...It seems clear in my head !!! lol
edit on 29-9-2011 by Fox Molder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BurningSpearess

Actually, there was no "demise" because I have personally met true Mayan people. They simply dispersed. Forces have tried to diminish their numbers with genocidal attacks ever since. My understanding is that those who taught the Mayan calendar were "not from around here", so to speak. When they left, the few selected human daykeepers carried on the best they could with this exquisitely laid out cyclic calendar. They did predict the coming of someone like Cortez but misread the intentions of these conquistadors. www.bci.org... is *by no means* a definitive narrative but explains some of this pretty well.
edit on 29-9-2011 by earth2mayavision because: added "genocidal"

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Finally one wise enough to realize that we will unity with the universe spiritually.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
thank you so very much this is the best I have ever read well structured I think I will be reading this again and again just fantastic put so eloquently thank you once again and travel well as the days unfold love and peace to you

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2mayavision

As I have now stated twice in this thread, they did not predict the coming of the Spanish. The books that contain those prophecies were written 200 years after the Spanish arrived and were used as Christian propaganda to get the Mayans to convert.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
excellent thread! So nice to see a 'hope for humanity' subject matter. S n f

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
i would try and read it but.......im afraid ill only finish it on 21 december 2012..

jk...will try and read everything

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Truly amazing thread, WOW!! Great info, I get so tired of hearing the MSM side of it which is "End of Mayan Calendar = End of the world" be afraid so very afraid, 2012 woooo wwooooo. Great post with more good info that I'v ever seen compiled anywhere else. S&F

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Simply amazing thread. You put a ton of work into this and I really want to thank you. Bravo!!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Thank you so much for putting this together. It is so easy to become lost in all the balonie that litters the internet. Its great to get pointed in the right direction again. S & F sir.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

You spoke Truth far more beautifully than I could ever attempt. Thanks so much.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Are you one of the comet ELEin posters and are trying to move on to the next dooms day?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

What if that was just biggest stone they had handy to make a calendar on?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
co-incidently i read about an upcoming documentary about Alien visitors in the ancient mayan country. including claims backed by the government and other organizations. They are very serious !!

Ancient mayan alien encounters documentary

Interesting read!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I applaud the OP! very nicely worded. Reading through this topic, It seems that some of this rivals some of the bible...IMO. Revelations describes many cataclysisms with Jesus returning unifying everyone together(dead and living souls) and removing all that is evil.
It is nice to see many of the prophecies, instead of the Mayans predicted it from a calender.
Is it possible that God set different belief system in place for different cycles of mankind?

It will be interesting to see what comes out of the documentary from Mexico next year as to what they have been hiding.

The Mexican government is releasing state-held secrets about the end of the Mayan calendar to the makers of a documentary, "Revelations of the Mayans 2012 and Beyond," TheWrap has learned. The information -- protected for 80 years -- is expected to reveal Mayan beliefs in future catastrophes and wisdom characterized as "shocking," producer Raul Julia-Levy, son of actor Raul Julia, told TheWrap. The agreement will allow Julia-Levy to film in never-before-seen locations.
Reuters
edit on 9/29/2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2mayavision

My pleasure, absolutely.

That is very interesting, I feel totally the same way. I see more and more that people of youth are following these paths, learning about the ancient knowledge and are feeling the shift personally, I know I am. There was an ancient aliens episode about the ancient builders and it took us to a place called Hampi, Vijyanagara traditionally. Well anyway I was here with some friends and met some very interesting people also interested in the shift. While we were in this place, which has high electromagnetic energy to the point where you can feel your own energies being amplified we experienced amazing things, minor time slips, and other interesting phenomena. If you visit holy/sacred places you feel this more, this is also why the yucatan and all its glory is very important right now. Thanks for posting.

And thanks loads to the above posters for their lovely words!

Cheers

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Thank you so much!

Means a lot to me, as a lot of work went into it, much appreciated.

Great quote to bring up really, really summarizes a lot of the problems we face right now, down to the actual root cause.

I would love to give some more in depth responses although I have to go to work and its 6am here, looking forward to getting home and going over these great responses and getting back to everyone.

Again, thanks everyone for responding, I'll be back in a few hours to continue at full speed.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Headband7

Actually if you look at Classic Period Mayans, none of their calendars ended after 13 baktun. In fact some went up to 19 baktun. The only reason so much emphasis is placed on the calendar that ends after 13 baktun is because it has been correlated to a date during our lifetime.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
nice

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
this is the thread I have been waiting for. thank you for taking the time to put it together. I look forward to really getting into it

cheers !

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join