It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mayan Prophecies and 2012

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Epic thread. So much I havn't seen before. Major contribution to this site. Awesome.

Now I 'll be busy reading the rest of tonight.

SnF

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jalmo1

reply to post by jalmo1

Cheers mate

I have actually never seen any Star Trek, that may seem like an absolute abomination although I have just never been exposed to it.....

Yeah that makes sense to me, I have spent long periods of time where I can develop my own patterns based on how I feel. I really enjoy staying up all night and watching the sunrise etc so yeah I get what you mean although these days I have a more strict 'regime'...although I spend most of my day outside which has really been a great thing, we need to be reminded of how beautiful this planet and all of its creatures are. The other day I was planting a red gum tree as I have been doing a bit of re-vegetation work for a friend, anyway I'm next to this large wetland and this family of about 7 or 8 swans come quacking up to me, it was so nice, we just kinda said hi and then got back to our business. It was a very calming and also humbling little moment, and that's what most people lack in their lives and it is in my opinion the main reason that you find a lot of people who feel unfulfilled in their lives, they are missing one key ingredient, and it is a connection to our land and everything on it.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

My mistake! Guess I just presumed because of the time it would be in the states, and because it kinda does look like Aus. Yeah the aborigines are fascinating, have a look into the 'Dream Time' concept, great stuff!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thanks a lot mate!

Appreciate it, hopefully more people will get to have a read/look at it and it doesn't sink into the eternal dustbin of ats threads, don't want to jinx it though...

edit on 29-9-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

MAYAN CRYSTAL SKULLS

Ancient Mayan culture still flourishes in Guatemala The ancient civilization of the Mayans was once one of the most advanced cultures of the ancient world. The mysteries of the Mayan Pyramids, Mayan Crystal Skulls and Mayan Legends have endured for millennia. Now, there is a renewed interest in Mayan culture, particularly regarding the Mayan Calendar and ritual artifacts like the crystal skulls. According to Mayan Legend, there will come a time when 13 ancient crystal skulls are reunited that can affect the Earth and the course of humanity. The story of Creation according to Mayan culture plays an integral part in daily Mayan living, so it is no surprise that the day the calendar ends plays an equally important role.
www.crystalskulls.com...

Some interesting videos at that link also.

I know it may be getting a little bit crazy for some people, but the ancient teachers have a lot to offer. Crystal skulls are connected here.

MAYAN CRYSTAL SKULL

The Mayans are at the center of crystal skulls - in fact the majority of ancient crystal skulls could be traced back to Mayan origin. There is, however, one particular crystal skull that is known as the "Mayan Skull". This skull is so mysterious that the stories about it vary. One source claims the Mayan crystal skull was allegedly discovered in San Augustine, Guatemala in 1912, while another says that it was found at the Mayan site of Copan in Honduras around 1910.
www.crystalskulls.com...

The Crystal Skulls function like our modern-day computers and were used this capacity by a number of ancient civilizations. They contain hidden knowledge and information that when it is fully revealed, will ultimately assist humanity to create a Golden Age of peace and harmony upon our world!” “They were a powerful tool for healing [Body Mind and Spirit] within such cultures as the Mayans, the Aztecs or even the Atlanteans” “Relative to today: We have witnessed many people’s lives being profoundly affected after having had an opportunity to spend time in the presence of a very old crystal skull. And even now, this type of phenomena is beginning to happen around the ‘Contemporary Crystal Skulls’ as well. Could the crystal skulls then be a type of mini energy vortex or better yet, a catalyst that is helping people to awaken to their true spiritual nature?” www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

For people who didn't see it:

The Mysterious World of the Crystal Skulls
edit on 29-9-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Excellent piece of work, very well put together.
We need more posts like this properly researched and explained.
edit on 29-9-2011 by alienscot1 because: misspelling

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
S&F!

Im looking forward to 2012 like its Christmas now!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Fantastic thread, well done! I really, really hope we take a leap of consciousness and become closer to the great spirit. That would be something to behold..

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Very well documented; thank you so much. I spent a week in Yucatan along with others around the world in Sept 2000 as we came together to receive education and to tour the ancient sites.
On Oct 10 2010, leading Mayan elders visited the U.N. in NY with the crystal skulls stevebeckow.com... , which reveals that our governments are quite aware of the implications of 2012.
In brief, what we are experiencing is a major shift in planetary consciousness---DNA alteration will help us (what I tend to call the "fail safe" mechanism for living things). It is most apparent in our youth today around the world. What I prefer to call an off-world "consciousness" is assisting now but very subtly and quietly, to expel those who hold the energy of greed/control freak. We are moving from the energy of push/shove to one of ebb/flow. The sun is facilitator of change in space/time. The increased rumblings of the earth are, from my perspective, a side effect of this hyperdimensional force. In 2008, I posted some thoughts about my own experiences here: mayavision2012.wordpress.com...

edit on 29-9-2011 by earth2mayavision because: clarify U.N. visit

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Wow! Amazing thread. Great job!
This is so much closer to what I believe is coming for us in the near future, than all the doom and gloom and earth being destroyed. Hate to admit it, but sometimes I wonder if that is being portrayed, just so the average, everyday person doesn't realize that we have the potential to be "free and enlightened" in the near future.

Anyhoo... again, wonderful thread. Very nice to see a more positive outlook for our future!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

This message is short and sweet......He says our ancestors/men of wisdom will return and not to be afraid.

To Sir Slide....

WOW....what a great thread you have created with great insight as to what their messages are and what we should do to prepare.

I believe.

I believe in the ALL and do happen to believe the only way to peace on Earth is for an expansion of consciousness. We are indeed separate from creation as we are busy making others money and building up their mansions. It is time for time to cease and connect back to one another and the true source of life.

It is the only way and the sooner the better for all of us.

No matter what takes place....I think a key message is to embrace the change even if it does seem like "the end of the world" and to not only embrace it but have no fear....faith will be key.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Wow! Great job, its been a while since I've read such an in-depth post. While the prophecies were very interesting (including what other people/cultures have to say about the same period), I was actually surprised to learn a bit more about the Mayan background. I had no idea that their belief system coincides with both eastern practices and "new age" beliefs. All more evidence convincing me its all pointing us in the same direction (corruption, manipulation, and greed in religion set aside, of course)

Thanks again for posting!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
After a first quick perusal there are a few things I thought I should point out. First, Hunab K'u is not a traditional Mayan god. He doesn't appear until at least 200 years after the the Spanish conquest and seems to be heavily based on the Christian God. In fact the entire Chilam Balam, where Hunab K'u is first mentioned, simply seems to be a book designed to get Mayans to get rid of their old gods and convert to Christianity. Hunbatz Men is another suspect source. He seems to be the first Mayan that jumped in on the whole 2012 thing when Arguelles visited in 1985. However, Hunbatz Men is a Yucatec Mayan, which have no tzolkin tradition to rely on. It becomes even more apparent that Hunbatz Men had no tradition of the tzolkin when he started using Arguelles' own day-count system, which despite being invented by Arguelles, has no resemblance to the tzolkin. I have also scanned through the prophecies you have posted and I see no actual mention of 2012 in any of them. It is only the interpretation where 2012 gets brought up. This is appropriate though as the Mayans have no prophecies actually associated with 2012.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Is there a Cliffs Notes version?

Kidding. Great job
Will read, soon. S & F, of course, for your effort.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

The thread is a lengthy one but it is well worth the read in its entirety. I think you will find that the 2012 year comes from the "cycle of time" which is said to be a forecast from the Heavens (stars and planets and so on).

You will also find some of their prophecies have indeed come to pass. Whereas Christianity was foreseen as well. At least....that is what I gathered from this well informed thread.
I can be mistaken a lot of the time so if I am mistaken I apologize in advance.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
::Applause::

Great work Sir Slide and it could not have been more relevant or timely!
One phrase sums it up nicely for me:

Truth be told, time is not money, time is art.

Art is the essence of creation, destruction of what was and transformation to a place of beauty. It is an act of conscious intent through faith, intuition and will.

There is a lot of doomsday chatter here and some claim it be fear mongering.
What they don't understand is crossing the threshold may be terrifying for some but it is a necessary step in our forward evolution,
It's not the end of the world but the beginning of a new one.
I'm excited personally, most of us intuitively feel that things cannot continue as they have.
I believe that we shall be connected together (loss of identity becoming a greater identity) with the earth and the universe simultaneously.
Time will no longer exist as true knowledge will destroy the very concept of time.
The before and the after will all become the now.

Those too caught in the material existence will be fixed solidly in the old reality and perish with it.

Fine job organizing and presenting this important material.
One of the best threads ever created here.
Thank You Sir Slide!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

As was pointed out by the OP, such prophecies as the coming of the Spaniards and Christianity come from the Chilam Balam books. These were written 200 years after the arrival of the Spaniards and Christianity. Furthermore, they were tools used to get the Mayans to convert to Christianity. The claims of Galactic Alignments are also wrong as well. These were started by John Major Jenkins (who I will commend for knowing more about the Maya than most other 2012 "researchers"), but has been picked up by a number of other "researchers." Dr. Stuart Robbins has a post discussing why the Galactic Alignment claims are wrong.

The PseudoAstronomy (or Just Plain Wrong Astronomy) About a Galactic Alignment

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Oh ok....thank you for clearing that up for me.

As for the OP....I do think this is the best read imo about the Mayans and their prophecies. It was an awesome amount of information I have not read as of yet and soooo appreciate the insight.

As to who knows more about the Mayans and their prophecy is up for debate depending on the information gathered by said author and from what angle they are perceiving and transmitting their information to the collective. Totally debatable as is everything under and including the Sun.

One thing (I think) is certain....the world as we know it is changing quickly and I believe they were more in tune with the Universe and quite possibly was in tune with the road in which humanity would find himself on. It is a road to destruction no matter what angle you look from.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Art is the essence of creation, destruction of what was and transformation to a place of beauty. It is an act of conscious intent through faith, intuition and will. There is a lot of doomsday chatter here and some claim it be fear mongering. What they don't understand is crossing the threshold may be terrifying for some but it is a necessary step in our forward evolution, It's not the end of the world but the beginning of a new one. I'm excited personally, most of us intuitively feel that things cannot continue as they have. I believe that we shall be connected together (loss of identity becoming a greater identity) with the earth and the universe simultaneously. Time will no longer exist as true knowledge will destroy the very concept of time. The before and the after will all become the now. Those too caught in the material existence will be fixed solidly in the old reality and perish with it. Fine job organizing and presenting this important material. One of the best threads ever created here. Thank You Sir Slide!
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Such beautiful words can stand to be repeated.. this that you compiled is right on the money...I mean art.

When one stands back and takes a look at the information left to us by our ancestors and take all of it with an analytical stance one is left with such excitement!! I know I am!

Who wants to love so deeply only to be lost with the love once shared? None of us do! Our minds and experience here on this Planet is a Hell with the limited senses we possess and only when we come together with a knowing of love that is steadfast and never faltering will we be truly happy in an existence where feelings and consciousness reside.

Can you imagine.....

Life without death?

Communicating without words?

Money is a thing of the past?

Love abounding and radiating throughout the world whereas everyone knows the truth to every question?

No separation?

I can only imagine the ART of Love without end...... but I welcome it any "time".

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Something that has always bothered me about the Mayan prophecies/2012 is how they didn't predict their own demise within their calendar.

Thank you for this thread; I plan to do more digging on my own with your comprehensive research/sources provided.

I have a year+ to do so, right?

edit on 29-9-2011 by BurningSpearess because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join