It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mayan Prophecies and 2012

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Nice pics ,very well presented information and I'm very interested.

Haven't finished reading through it all yet but I'm getting there.

Star and flag.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2mayavision

They did predict the coming of someone like Cortez but misread the intentions of these conquistadors. www.bci.org... is *by no means* a definitive narrative but explains some of this pretty well.

I know, right?

Thought it might be a difference in semantics or the like.

Thanks for bringing this up, and providing an additional resource for me (and possibly others) to peruse.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Very nice thread! Good information and easy to follow, I appreciate your hard work here and you most certainly get a S & F from me

I have been fascinated by the mayans for quite sometime but never really got around to studying them or looking in to things more. What a good place to start, thanks again.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
TL-DR

edit on 29-9-2011 by Sp33d because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The greatest threat of technology today is its ability not to unite but to contain. To contain us by disseminating fear is every bit as powerful as our ability to unite using technology. The cowards who day after day spread fear and doom are one of two things, ignorant cowards, or the attempt by the powers that be to control us by tapping into our fears. Laugh at the words, prepare for the unknown, and act to protect what is important to you. Do not be used by anyone.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I have to say that is the best thread in a long time. Well researched, lots of links and so much information. I just read it all, S&F for you!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RandomDaze

Ok, just to let you know, I spent 8 hours at work, i get home its approx 11:30pm here...but I just had to read every last word before i went to bed!....GREAT WORK!

All I can say is thank you! somebody needed to do this to spread the true work of the maya's and other ancient's and you have done it very well. Thank you!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

There has to be, at the very least, a tangible return of a "supreme being," otherwise its all smoke & mirrors.

If not, we'd just be exchanging rotten religious systems for a different rotten religious system

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
smashed it again,
loved your crystal skull thread The Mysterious World of the Crystal Skulls, but this is even more epic

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

AHHHH YESS,The Mayan Prophecies...

A story of 2 separate Aliens [Reptillien and Grays] in control of 2 separate humans on earth, a story of the reptilian race of aliens who controlled the eastern lands, north America, south America, Asia, china, and finally settled inside of India.The so-called grays influenced Egypt, Syria, Iran and Iraq and Russia at one point in history 'just follow the craters' .

The Reptilian aliens taught the ORIGINAL…‘MAYANS’ the combination of using telekinesis and tools to build as well as telekinesis to lift and cut groves and drilling.

‘When I say Original‘, I mean the earth of humans that already had schooling embedded in side there heads, the first humans that had no language or writing comprehension but spoke through mind only.’

So then came Noah’s ark/space ship/triangle space ship/city from Atlantis that settled in the sea, some called him Noah ,some understand it was' Annunaki' , in which he taught all of Egypt the secrets as well as Syria Iraq and in Iran. As all over the globe the culture that saw the flying triangle thought of it as God ,and it had to be built.

Then something happened to the frequencies of telekinesis as humans around the world lost it all…they
started to speak and write as he tricked the Egyptians into building the first 'wireless computer' to block the frequencies that enables humans to use telepathy as Annunaki found it no way possible that aliens and humans could have that IN COMMON.

’THE PYRAMID OF GIZA’

Who really runs this world?

I GUESS WE ALL KNOW NOW

edit on 29-9-2011 by LogiosHermes27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Thanks for all your hard work...I've researched a lot of it. If people are just looking into it now...good, but there is much to know and it is not just about the Maya. They were not the civilization that we should even look to for answers, but Atlantis and even before that. After all the hype, only take the Mayan information that rings true and does not make you fear.

Our past, which has been hidden from us, is really strange. No other word for it, but strange as our modern day mind can comprehend it.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LogiosHermes27

So just one question, "When do we get cellphones planted in our heads?" I want a G-4 system implant.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Wow, that was a long read but I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was very interesting and well put together.

I've been looking into prophecies a lot lately, I find it so intriguing how similar a lot of them are.
I mean, I'd say the bible describes a very similar thing. The second coming of Christ may be a coming of consciousness, like what you said...

"but of people themselves taking on the character and attributes of the supreme being through their own spiritual evolution, to the point of overcoming the duality of the subject – object relationship. It is a prophecy that resonates with all religions."

Great job.
I s'd every post. And gave you and f, too. (:

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

A baktun (properly b'ak'tun) is 20 katun cycles of the ancient Maya Long Count Calendar. It contains 144,000 days, equivalent to 394.52 tropical years. The Classic period of Maya civilization occurred during the 8th and 9th baktuns of the current calendrical cycle. The current (13th) baktun will end, or be completed, on 13.0.0.0.0 (December 21, 2012 using the GMT correlation). This also marks the beginning of the 14th baktun, as such a term is usually used among Mayanists.
en.wikipedia.org...

The earliest Long Count inscription yet discovered is on Stela 2 at Chiapa de Corzo, Chiapas, Mexico, showing a date of 36 BCE
en.wikipedia.org...

The Long Count, for which we do not know the Maya name, is commonly considered the Maya's linear count of days. In truth it is yet another cycle, but its great length of at least 5126 years makes it essentially a linear count through all of Maya history. The earliest known Long Count date, carved in 31 BC, was found at the Olmec site of Tres Zapotes. The earliest known Maya long count was recorded in year 32 AD at the site of Chiapa de Corzo in the Highlands of Chiapas, Mexico. Like the Christian calendar, the long count has a start date: ours is January 1 of 0 AD, and theirs (by our reckoning) is August 11 of 3114 BC. But unlike ours, theirs also has an apparent end date, December 21 of 2012 AD.
www.mayan-calendar.com...

The Origins of the Long Count by Mark Heley The beginning date of the Long Count corresponds to the equivalent of August 11, 3114 B.C. in our calendar. However, the first recorded inscriptions of the Long Count actually appear around 35 B.C. at the pre-Maya sites of Chi-apa de Corzo and Tres Zapotes. This was some 300 years before the Maya emerged as a fully fledged culture, so the Long Count wasn't their invention. One of the great mysteries of these early Mesoamerican cultures is how the calendar reached such a remarkable state of development right at the beginning of their recorded history. The Maya inherited this knowledge, but they took its application to spectacular new heights.

Over time, the Long Count calendar spread from city-state to city-state across the Maya lands. Its influence eventually reached from Chiapas in the west to Guatemala in the east and the Yucatán peninsula in the north. The propagation and development of the Long Count was to become one of the greatest cultural achievements of the Maya. It became a defining characteristic of what it meant to be Mayan. City-states and their rulers competed to create the most ornate monuments and statues, incorporating significant and auspicious dates of accessions and conquests.
www.netplaces.com...

The long count certainly does end in dec 2012, and it is certainly ancient.

Just to clear that up.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by princeguy

Thanks mate!

I'm glad to help, I also find that there is so much cynicism and skepticism, combined with utter foolery that get's tossed around which really casts a negative shadow over something that can be so grand and so positive.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Trower

Completely my pleasure to do so Trower, glad you enjoyed it!

Cheers

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

Again very glad you enjoyed it and found it useful! Thanks so much,

I find also that the topic is manipulated and slanted towards the negative, used to scare people further, beyond terrorism and all the rest we have them manipulating it in this way too. Just remember that this is a positive change, a positive shift that we can all relate to, as it concerns us and where we can truly be as a species.

Thanks again!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 1322hawk

Thank you for the lovely words!

It's a real pleasure to share this knowledge with people such as yourself!

May you travel well also, cheers my friend.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Reignite

Sounds fascinating, I wonder how deep they will go. Surely they will have to visit the mysterious origins of the Maya themselves, acknowledging the possibility that they may have emerged from the survivors of a previous civilization, survivors of a possible deluge that happened over 10,000 years ago.

Thanks for bringing that up!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nihonjindesu08

With my own research, I've come to see Jesus as a "preview" of our own future, of what we can become hen we embrace the Christ-consciousness that I believe will be unveiled to us soon.
to the OP: have you studied the Law of One/The RA Materials or The Council of Nine from the book "The Only Planet of Choice?" The syncroncity with the Mayan stuff is amazing. It feels like they are all pieces of the same puzzle.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join