Originally posted by GenRadek
Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
How does that spoon feed terror taste, cause you have eaten your fair share. No one has said that Al Qaeda doesn't exist, nor that it's members aren't
fundamentalists. But every "body" needs a head, and that head is directed by intelligence agencies. They were created by the CIA, funded by the CIA
and trained by the CIA. The concept is very simple, control both sides for the purpose of having a boogy man that plays right into your plans.
The CIA helped fund the Mujaheddin. The Mujaheddin were the "freedom fighters" fighting the Soviets in Afghanistan. They comprised mostly of many
different factions working together to fight the common enemy. Many were just Afghans that wanted to defeat the USSR, others were groups vying for
power, others were fighting for whatever reason. Either way, the group together consisted of many different people, groups, and ideologies. Yes,
elements of what would become AQ were in it as well. After the war, radical Islamists began their "anti-west" quest and began pushing their
radicalized version of Islam, with Sharia as law, and even worse. AQ members were with them. They broke off and created AQ. They began their jihad
against those that did not comply with their bastardized version of Islam, and began through terror, injecting their version into the populace.
Thanks for the history lesson but you aren't saying anything that I haven't known before. Do you believe an organization such as Al Q cannot be
corrupted, infiltrated, or misguided (as in intentionally diverted)? Who funds them? Regardless of whatever the truth may be (we both disagree), there
is no mistaking that the actions of AL Q as a whole has been in the "best interests" of both America and Israel. Let me clarify and give examples of
what I mean by that:
1) American military presence in the ME has grown (which benefits our "ally") and not only keeps ME countries in check, but also positions ourselves
closer to Russia, China and Iran.
2) illegal poppy sales and production has grown (CIA is a major drug trafficker)
3) Trans-Afghanistan Pipeline is now in the process of being built (which the taliban opposed)
4) Iraqi oil got put in the market
5) American contracting companies (and any other country that supported the war) expanded
6) munitions sales blew up (no pun) of which we are a major supplier of; it's our main export aside from food.
7) Prevention of Saddam changing oil currency from US dollar to Euro (which would devastate the dollar)
8) Put a scare into ME countries (OPEC members) thinking of doing the same (see above)
9) Government got bigger and gained more control (civil liberties lost, bills like the pre written patriot act passed)
10) War on Terror created and has been used for plenty of reasons including preemptive war, as leverage against certain countries (Syria, Pakistan
etc..), ignoring international law, spreading "democracy" (aka opening markets), and many other things I am sure I haven’t mentioned.
Circumstantial I know, but everything including countless events that happened during 9/11 and after have been beyond circumstantial.
edit on 28-9-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)
edit on 28-9-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason