It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those who oppose Christ and His messengers will disregard ~ Leave New York City + San Francisco

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

What kind of a "loving" God would destroy the innocents within a city? Is a baby sleeping in San Francisco a sinner because of the "sins" of many of the citizens? Surely, a being that can create the Universe (and who in the past, was able to allegedly slaughter the first born sons of Egypt) can do a more surgical strike, don't you think?

Do you zealots even stop and even once consider the fallacies in your own prophecies, or consider the contradiction in your own faith when pronouncing such doom?

Sad, sad, sad....

Then again, maybe the kind and loving God of the New Testament is reverting back to his old methods of "punish them all", etc.?

Such hypocrisy...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I tried to get through the whole thread but...

Did we ever find out when Jesus said this?

Anyone ever notice the folks who proclaim their Christianity the loudest are the ones who act the least like Christ?

OP you are making Old Testament predictions through a New Testament figure (Jesus). A summary comparison of the OT God and the NT God will show that they are different dudes. To me God is not a dude, nor does he have human failings as you would wish him to.

Did you find your religion through intensive study as I did? Or did you accept the religion you "inherited" from your parents as most people did?

Trying to get a frame of reference on you for all this hate and intolerance. Think about it. WWJD? I doubt he would be proud of you.
edit on 28-9-2011 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
John Leary is false prophet, a scammer, a person with delusions. God does not speak through him. He has been making claims for many many years now, none have ever come to pass. He does not speak for God, as God will never spak to mankind through a false prophet. This thread should be moved to the hoax bin - or the garbage bin. John Leary is not a Christian, and needs to be ignored.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

So... only San Francisco and New York have gay sex and other acts of "fornication?"

Ever been to Topeka, or Boise? I assure you, gay sex and fornication is a worldwide thing. If this sociopath of a god wants to smite, he might as well be a completist, right?

'Course, a more intelligent alternative is simply noting that it's the "true believers" who are sociopaths, and want lots of people to die and be in misery for the unpardonable crime of not being just like the sociopathwants them to be.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

There is a hypocrisy beyond all others. It is when man sits in judgement of his maker, for the evils that men do.
IMO

edit on 28-9-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-9-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It just seems a bit, well, silly to assume that with so many real issues in this world that are destroying the lives of Christians and people of other faiths that the almighty would take umbrage to gay marriage most of all. If that's his big hang up, he sound more like a child. Of course, that's what happens when people keep putting words in his mouth.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
No offence to the OP by i had a pretty good laugh from this thread

All the murderers, rapists and sociopaths and psychos in general he doesn't mind. But GAY marriage shall bring wrath upon two cities
What about other states where gay marriage is legal ? Shall they be destroyed as well ?

I'm sure could read the original post in some stand up comedy event and get many laughs
Its ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
dont feed the trolls.

its funny when religious nuts judge everyone when thats one of the commandments not to, and if jesus supposedly died for our sins why would god care anymore?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a guy who looks like a fruit that dosent like fruit

1800sunstar.com...

but he loves you

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Jeremiah 14:14
Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart.

Matthew 7:15
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Deuteronomy 18 v 20-22 .
20 But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded him to say, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death.”
21 You may say to yourselves, “How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the LORD ?”
22 If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him.

That is all.
edit on 9/28/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

How about those of us who ignore organized religion icons?.. hell?

I'm ok with that.. hell is where the hookers, strippers and drug dealers are.. might as well have fun while in hell, eh?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Again peeps, as klassified has just demonstrated here so profoundly. It is by the word you can put your fears and hate to rest.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Veritas1
reply to post by mudbeed

Keep on laughing. God is NOT mocked. If I were you, I'd go and repent right now and ask Jesus into your heart. Now. Before its too late.

And this is assuming that there IS a god.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
From what I gather of what was written ,Jesus Christ is a figure of tolerance.
In the holy scriptures he'd greet and hear anyone no matter what they were like.

What this thread display's however doesn't match those writings ,
and shows blatant disregard for the forces of nature.

Earth changes are a part of nature.
So is homosexuality. Animals display traits of it ,you can look it up.

If anything ,its the misunderstanding of nature which leads to disaster.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by colbe

What kind of a "loving" God would destroy the innocents within a city? Is a baby sleeping in San Francisco a sinner because of the "sins" of many of the citizens? Surely, a being that can create the Universe (and who in the past, was able to allegedly slaughter the first born sons of Egypt) can do a more surgical strike, don't you think?

Do you zealots even stop and even once consider the fallacies in your own prophecies, or consider the contradiction in your own faith when pronouncing such doom?

Sad, sad, sad....

Then again, maybe the kind and loving God of the New Testament is reverting back to his old methods of "punish them all", etc.?

Such hypocrisy...

well, bottom line I do see the contradictions but do NOT feel them. While I may be zealous with my love and devotion to God and while I have an undying gratitude and feeling of debt to Jesus for His sacrifice he made for us all what I do not feel is a need to rip you a new one for being of your own opinion.

See, the way I look at it is this, after 2000+ years to consider what it all means and still rejecting good for a preference of evil some things are inevitable..

Who am I to save you from yourself?

That hypocrisy you so "moderately" put in print to diminish anothers Faith or spiritual maturity stems from what exactly? Informed opinion based upon somebody elses interpretation and yet you still deny God who is the source you should be seeking and once found you would know why He does anything. Are there any innocent bullets that were made with the only purpose of killing? Are there any innocent poisons that kill merely by their nature and know nothing but their nature?

Then any innocents in any city that got condemned historically by God were judged with the company they kept (and would be subsequently swayed in opinion too)

I think the first step to comprehending God is in first understanding what God represented years ago. If you can so easily write off God from historical anecdotes rather than seek Him within then you come across like the hypocrite in not seeing the bigger picture yet claiming to know what frames it.

Nothing personal here, just an observation. If you have a question for God why presume to ask anyone but God?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

There is a hypocrisy beyond all others. It is when man sits in judgement of his maker, for the evils that men do.
IMO

Assuming there is a "maker", then He gave us the ability to question and judge. I will not blindly submit to someone just because they "made" me, but according to my own moral compass.

You would not question a God who said it was his will that innocent blood would be spilt by the millions because of what he saw as an affront to his senses? Really? I'd state that such a god is unworthy of my worship, obedience, or approval....personally, and if I be damned because of it, then at least I'd be in better company...vs. worshipping at the feet of a mass murderer for all eternity.

Jesus was not one to be all about punishing the wicked. He professed loving your fellow man, and worshipping God in one's own way. Sometimes I think Christians really need to read up a bit more on this fellow before stating so much in his name.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
I AM WARNING MY FAITHFUL TO LEAVE THESE CITIES JUST AS I WARNED LOT TO LEAVE SODOM AND GOMORRAH.

Thank you for this message. With everyone fleeing Manhattan I may be able to score a reservation at Per Se and bring in the appocalypse with some foie gras and champagne.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Everybody should go to John Leary's website and send your frustrations there, since he is the moron who is composing this literary garbage and putting the Jesus stamp-of-approval on it.

I for one will be sending him an email tastefully explaining to him how mindless he is and how inaccurate his messages are.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
"Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because if there be one he must approve of the homage of reason more than that of blindfolded fear."

-Thomas Jefferson

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
God just spoke to me and said he is going to slap the OP into oblivion! Seriously, every time one of you small minded, can't think for myself, mouth breathers start with this kind of nonsense it just makes more and more people turn away from GOD. I hate god and religion because of stupid people like the OP! News flash, South Florida, Atlanta, NC, most cities in CO and Southern California all have higher guy populations than the two cities you mentioned in your delusional visions. I know that may seem scary to you, being that you obviously haven't been outside in awhile and are basing your post on old stereotypical assumptions. Next you'll be telling us Detroit is gonna burn because they now make foreign automobiles

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join