It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeopathic remedies for acne anyone?!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
When I was a teen I had bad acne. My grandmother had me put egg white on my face. Just put it on like a mask avoiding the mouth. Let it dry and then wash it off with dove soap. Cleared my face up in about 2 weeks. I used the mask every day. Still do.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
I have been a long-time sufferer of adult acne. I know how frustrating and sometimes embarassing it can be. I have gone through EVERYTHING trying to find a solution. I tried Olive Oil, I tried Pro-Active, I tried over the counter stuff, herbal tinctures....EVERYTHING.

What eventually worked for me...
Absolutely cut out ALL caffeine from my diet. All of it. If I drink a couple of sodas one day, I will inevitably break out the next. I came across a treatment system from acne.org that has been nothing short of a miracle for me. It is not homeopathic...you can either buy their products or they tell you how to buy over the counter products and combine them in the right way to get the same effect, so it's not a scam. My cystic acne has been non-existant since starting this regimen for the past year, I have had no flare ups. Finally...the rosacea and scars from it all is starting to fade.

The very best homeopathic treatment for rosacea, discoloration, or scarring, in my opinion is this...

Two egg whites
1 tbs of lemon juice
Whisk together until well blended
Cover face, let dry (will tighten as it dries, this is normal)
then wash.
That made a huge improvement on my rosacea and scar marks until I could afford some "Hyaluronic Serum" which I use now instead (not homeopathic).

Good luck!

I do the egg white thing to shrink pores before I have to wear make-up. and I was doing the lemon separate , once in the day and once at night. I never thought of combining the two!

It's amazing to me just how many people also have this problem. I wonder if we all have something in common?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Blackberry root is astringent. It's good for all kinds of skin conditions.

Here is a good website for acne.

Natural Treatments for Adult Acne

Here's a list from that site.

Acne-Fighting Botanicals Burdock Root Chaparral Yellow Dock Root Red Clover Dandelion Lavender Strawberry (leaves) Turmeric Horsetail Angelica Gota-kola

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lilowl53

Google Head and Shoulders for acne. My mother told me that a dermatologist recommended it to her years ago.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Wash your face or affected areas liberally with plain ol' apple cider vinegar...it has to be apple cider vinegar. Do so every morning and evening for about 2 weeks and you will see considerable improvement.

Apple cider vinegar is great for a host of ailments...topically and internally.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I have cystic acne, been under treatments by dermatologists since I was 12. I 've been through them all, even some highly questionable experimental treatments, and did Accutane twice.

I have found that cutting out all dairy products makes a difference, as does general good eating habits.
Daily exercise makes a big difference, as does going to a sauna. I do not sweat much normally and some theories suggest that I don't get out toxins that way enough.....so they come out through my face skin. So effort to stimulate perspiration does wonders.

I was going to post my newest find on here this morning, so this is timely-

Castor oil. The idea of putting oil on my face really didn't appeal at first, because usually oily products cause acne.....but I wanted to try some essential oils, and all I had for base was castor oil!

I am astounded at what it is doing for me! Not only do I have no acne (had a huge cyst, and that got reabsorbed and went away quickly) but my skin looks marvelous! I am 43, and besides acne, I am starting ot get blotchy skin and age spots, and the age spots are disappearing as well as scars!

LIke I said, I am adding some essential oils- Lavender, lemon, tea tree. A couple drops to castor oil, and I put it on with a cotton pad, all over my face. I leave on for ten minutes, then wash off gently. I've been doing this for ten days now, and am ready to proclaim a miracle treatment!

Different things sometimes work for different people, but I'd recommend trying this.

My mother had a friend who finally found her ultimate treatment as an adult, and I am hoping I never get to the point of trying- she found drinking her urine to do the trick! I won't go there.

Forgot to add my other big weapon- Burdock root. I make herb tea with it.
edit on 27-9-2011 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilowl53
So, here I am a 26 year old adult, and I still have skin issues. I have had severe acne since I was 12 years old. I have taken or put on every prescription and over the counter drug there is. My hormones are not out of whack (had that tested). I have altered my diet, drank water until I could literally float, and nothing has calmed the acne down.

When I say I took everything there is to take, I mean it. Accutane included ( a double dose even). Over the years it had gotten better, then worse, then better again. Something will work for a while then stop working altogether. I swear acne becomes immune. I am in one of my bad phases again, and I am looking to try an all natural method or even something weird if I have to.

So... I want to see if anyone can give me any ideas of something new to try. What has worked for you? I will try anything at this point!

Did you try this?

Put The Lime In The Coconut And Shake It All Up!

Drink up!
edit on 27-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: Boo bad video

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

So, here I am a 26 year old adult, and I still have skin issues. I have had severe acne since I was 12 years old. I have taken or put on every prescription and over the counter drug there is. My hormones are not out of whack (had that tested). I have altered my diet, drank water until I could literally float, and nothing has calmed the acne down.

When I say I took everything there is to take, I mean it. Accutane included ( a double dose even). Over the years it had gotten better, then worse, then better again. Something will work for a while then stop working altogether. I swear acne becomes immune. I am in one of my bad phases again, and I am looking to try an all natural method or even something weird if I have to.

So... I want to see if anyone can give me any ideas of something new to try. What has worked for you? I will try anything at this point!

I can't really say I have any fix other than swimming regularly in salt water (the sea if there's no pollution).

I did notice your sub heading.

[

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
OP, I know exactly how you feel. I have been there. After years and years and years of trying to find a cure, I found one for my self.

A few things:

1: Avoid dairy. I found this very hard to do, so I ended up just avoiding all cheese, and things with skim milk.

Dermos. claim what you eat doesn't effect your skin and it is a straight lie. I have done so many scientific tests on myself, I have concluded what you eat does effect your skin. Ever since I started to avoid all cheese, and things with skim milk, I have never gotten those really deep red bumps that seem to never fully surface Whenever I eat cheese or chocolate that uses skim milk I can guarantee a deep cyst like bump on my face within 1 to 2 days. I am so happy now that I know this, because I can finally go out without feeling self conscious. I tried stopping all dairy, but that is near impossible. So I just removed cheese, and things with skim milk. The best thing to do is keep a log of every food and drink you eat, and when you break out, look back at what you ate the day before, sometimes 2 days before. Some acne starts small and you wont notice it until it gets big a few days later, so its best to know what you ate the entire week. You have to do the process of elimination.

2: Brush your teeth and rinse very well with mouth wash. Twice a week mix some water with an equal amount of hydrogen peroxide and rinse your mouth with it. And twice a week rinse your mouth with salt water. Try not to EVER go to sleep without washing and rinsing your mouth first. The key is to keep the bacteria count in your mouth down. I've read that bacteria from your mouth can get into your blood stream and cause acne. I believe it too, because I have done several tests on myself and found a link between oral health and acne. If i keep my mouth super clean, my face gets super clean.

Also... STOP using acne medication! STOP using over the counter acne face washes, and lotions, and creams! Its all a freaking fraud!

I just use regular Dove soap (make sure it is unscented! You don't need chemicals on your face!). I put a little soap on my hands and then put it on my face (do not push and rub it into your face! just gently lay it on), then rinse it off. Then with your bare hands rub your face with just water for a while.

I also don't let hair shampoo get on my face anymore, or at least I try.

I have completely removed all my acne, and it feels good to be able to hope out of the shower and go outside without worrying about blemishes and stuff.

Good luck.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Fuller's Earth or zinc and castor oil cream, both designed to clear rash on babies bottoms, also good for acne.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Let me tell you my acne remedy...I had it pretty bad in High School up until my enlistment...I went to Navy bootcamp and while I was there they gave you shots for everything...well I still had acne until the day they gave me my, what us recruits so lovingly termed, "the Mayonaise in the @ss" shot. A big ol' dose of penicillin right in the cheek! A week later and no more acne! So go get your doc to shoot one right in the sweet spot and everything will be good!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I have found that blotting apple cider vinegar on my face after washing my face at night has done wonders for my skin. I Use an exfoliating acne face wash first then just dab the vinegar on. It helps stop your pores from creating excess oil and it kills bacteria. Then in the morning I was my face again. I only use the vinegar at night. If excess oil is causing your acne then this is worth a try. It is easy and really inexpensive.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by goldylocks

Google Head and Shoulders for acne. My mother told me that a dermatologist recommended it to her years ago.

Wow, I had never heard of that one!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
I have cystic acne, been under treatments by dermatologists since I was 12. I 've been through them all, even some highly questionable experimental treatments, and did Accutane twice.

I have found that cutting out all dairy products makes a difference, as does general good eating habits.
Daily exercise makes a big difference, as does going to a sauna. I do not sweat much normally and some theories suggest that I don't get out toxins that way enough.....so they come out through my face skin. So effort to stimulate perspiration does wonders.

I was going to post my newest find on here this morning, so this is timely-

Castor oil. The idea of putting oil on my face really didn't appeal at first, because usually oily products cause acne.....but I wanted to try some essential oils, and all I had for base was castor oil!

I am astounded at what it is doing for me! Not only do I have no acne (had a huge cyst, and that got reabsorbed and went away quickly) but my skin looks marvelous! I am 43, and besides acne, I am starting ot get blotchy skin and age spots, and the age spots are disappearing as well as scars!

LIke I said, I am adding some essential oils- Lavender, lemon, tea tree. A couple drops to castor oil, and I put it on with a cotton pad, all over my face. I leave on for ten minutes, then wash off gently. I've been doing this for ten days now, and am ready to proclaim a miracle treatment!

Different things sometimes work for different people, but I'd recommend trying this.

My mother had a friend who finally found her ultimate treatment as an adult, and I am hoping I never get to the point of trying- she found drinking her urine to do the trick! I won't go there.

Forgot to add my other big weapon- Burdock root. I make herb tea with it.
edit on 27-9-2011 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

Yes, I will give the castor oil ago, several people have suggested it. My theory is, if enough people have tried it and it worked, then it's worth a shot for sure. The urine not so much....haha! I recently saw a show (forget what it was now) where the people were talking about drinking urine for all kinds of ailments. I dunno...If my body go rid of it once, I dunno if you should put it back, lol!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springheel Jack
Let me tell you my acne remedy...I had it pretty bad in High School up until my enlistment...I went to Navy bootcamp and while I was there they gave you shots for everything...well I still had acne until the day they gave me my, what us recruits so lovingly termed, "the Mayonaise in the @ss" shot. A big ol' dose of penicillin right in the cheek! A week later and no more acne! So go get your doc to shoot one right in the sweet spot and everything will be good!

I have had the butt shot for strep throat before, back when I had it what seemed like every other month! Haha. Maybe I can get my dr. to do me up and see what happens.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini

Did you try this?

Put The Lime In The Coconut And Shake It All Up!

Drink up!
edit on 27-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: Boo bad video

HAHA! I love this song! I think I put the lime in the coconut way too much as it is!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Wow, I am so glad to see all the responses! Thanks so much to everyone!
I can't wait to try some of these things and see what happens!

Stars for all!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

colloidal silver I make my own it is easy to do. Swab skin with it.
Individual pimples large ones can have a bandage and baby powder moistened pile it on in a clump over the pimple cover it overnight, sometimes they are gone in one day. baking soda will work too but breaks up a lot.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Google 'homeopathy avogadros constant'.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Weird but true use olive oil on your skin. Olive oil is important because of its unique composition. Olive oil absorbs UV radiation and is very efficient in lowering metabolism rate of the body cells. Olive oil is soothing and healing to all skin types, hence its wide use in soaps, cosmetics and massage oils. It helps relieve itch, stings and bites, healing of burns, dandruff and is an excellent hair tonic, especially for dry hair.

Olive oil has been used since old times. It was discovered more than five thousand years ago by the Egyptians, who used it for body and hair massage. Other cultures such as the Greeks, Phoenicians and Romans also discovered the beneficial properties of olive oil. The Romans and the Arabs extended and popularized its use. In those days they madee soaps and perfumes from olive oil, as well as moisturizers to keep athlete's skin protected.

Olive oil is high in antioxidants, including vitamin E. These nutritional powerhouses protect against age-accelerating free radicals. The oil of this miraculous fruit will guard your body and your skin... from the inside out. So the next time you enjoy a healthy salad, drizzle on some olive oil. Later, rub it on your skin! You'll double the antioxidant, anti-aging protection.

When shopping around for olive oil, always choose " extra virgin " because it hasn't been refined and conserves all its exceptionall values.

I just learned this about a week ago and I've noticed a huge difference in my skin...in fact my daughter keeps asking me if I am wearing makeup.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join