Homeopathic remedies for acne anyone?!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
You could try something I've been super curious about but, too cheap at the moment to afford.

It's called a violet ray, there are other imitations of it as well. It's basically ancient Tesla technology that provides huge doses of static electricity to your skin which not only destroys bacteria before acne even forms but, is a good massage for your pores.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
In my opinion, acne doesn't go away because of something you put into your body. Rather, it goes away from not putting things in your body.

(this is my roommate talking)

I had it bad as a teenager. The moment I stopped eating high fructose corn syrup the problem cleared up within the month. True story.

Also I do a two to three day juice fast whenever my acne comes back. Which it does, even now into my mid 20's. It helps get the funk out of my body.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Icing zits, taking cold showers, and applying honey band aids will help.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Hibaclens!

Wash your face twice a day with hibaclens and use a witch hazel/hibaclens combo mixture in between.

www.drugstore.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
If you can manage it. Go for one week (2 if possible) without looking in a mirror. Otherwise, do all the same things you normally do. And do your best not to dwell on it. At the end of that period, look in the mirror, and let me know if you have less or more acne.

Sounds crazy? Yes, it does. But what have you to lose? Try it. Afterward, you can tell me I'm a nutcase. Or it helped.

Just my two shillings.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Had a coworker, even in his late 30ies struggling with strong acne, he tried every possible cure.
One day a friend who is sort of a diet-coach told him that tomatoes can cause acne.

So the coworker stopped eating tomatoes and all food containing them (pizza, ketchup....)
and boom, acne was gone.

I could not believe it myself how fast it was gone.
As soon as he ate tomatoes again it came back. So in his case the tomatoes really has been the cause.

I have no idea why tomatoes, but you might give it a shot.

And for Homoepathics: There the presumption is, that the body is out of tune, and the homoepathist can put it back in tune with homoepathics. But a very careful examination is needed. It's not about "acne" or "headaches" or any other label. It can be that 2 patients go there with acne, one will get a completely different substance than the other, because they are completely different persons.

But I'd try it. You'd have to go and see a professional though.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Have you tried apple cider vinegar and water? Take 2 tablespoons of ACV in water and drink it daily as well as wash your face with it topically each night.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

LoL! I can try, but my part time job happens in front of a mirror, lol!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

Yeah, this is one that I have been looking into. It's like a cleanse of sorts. I am going to give that one a try for sure. I have heard some good things about it.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Tomatoes may cause problems for some because it's from the nightshade family, which are known to cause inflammation. They often recommend arthritics avoid nightshades.

I suffered with cystic acne from 24 until 32. After the first year, I became vegan. I held on to the diet three years, watching the condition steadily worsen. I eliminated caffeine. Nope, still there. It finally went away after seeing a dermatologist who put me on an oral antibiotic for the cysts, and on a retinoid for the scars. Within a month, no cysts. Within a year, no scars.

I'm not saying this will work for everyone. I resent having to take this route. But I pulled every food out of my diet that could be considered "impure", ending finally with an allergic reaction to soy. I used tea tree oil, masks, incantations - anything to avoid big pharma. Finally when I realized it had wrought havoc on my personal life and sense of well-being, I determined it was big pharma for acne, or big pharma to stop the awful depression. The world has a way of rapidly changing once a smile causes physical pain.

Many people find neem oil very helpful. It doesn't smell pretty, but I use it to avoid sun poisoning, and it works better than any sunscreen I've ever used.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wlord

I stopped eating fast food years ago, but I do have red meat. I live with a house full of boys and that's all they want is MEEAAATTT, lol.
I do eat breads, but whole grain. I do drink milk and use it in everything.
I do have a sweet tooth, and I cut out half of that a few months ago.
I do have one to two drinks a night.

I'm thinking Im going to have to make my meals separate from my boys, and see if that helps. I'm gonna be so hungry, lol.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
read this OP.

www.reddit.com...

you can also try a baking soda paste mask. it's cheap. just get some baking soda, form it into a paste and put it in your face for 10-20 minutes. maybe it'll help since bacteria like acidic environments.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilowl53

Is it from a distance? Or closer up? This may be one that won't work for you, unless you can take a vacation.
You might also consider hypnosis, or self-hypnosis cd's. For some folks, it works wonders.

Try this. If you're so inclined. Beautiful skin...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Originally posted by lilowl53

Is it from a distance? Or closer up? This may be one that won't work for you, unless you can take a vacation.
You might also consider hypnosis, or self-hypnosis cd's. For some folks, it works wonders.

Try this. If you're so inclined. Beautiful skin...

Close up, I teach dance. This suggestion reminds me of an article I read about blind people and self esteem.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I have been a long-time sufferer of adult acne. I know how frustrating and sometimes embarassing it can be. I have gone through EVERYTHING trying to find a solution. I tried Olive Oil, I tried Pro-Active, I tried over the counter stuff, herbal tinctures....EVERYTHING.

What eventually worked for me...
Absolutely cut out ALL caffeine from my diet. All of it. If I drink a couple of sodas one day, I will inevitably break out the next. I came across a treatment system from acne.org that has been nothing short of a miracle for me. It is not homeopathic...you can either buy their products or they tell you how to buy over the counter products and combine them in the right way to get the same effect, so it's not a scam. My cystic acne has been non-existant since starting this regimen for the past year, I have had no flare ups. Finally...the rosacea and scars from it all is starting to fade.

The very best homeopathic treatment for rosacea, discoloration, or scarring, in my opinion is this...

Two egg whites
1 tbs of lemon juice
Whisk together until well blended
Cover face, let dry (will tighten as it dries, this is normal)
then wash.
That made a huge improvement on my rosacea and scar marks until I could afford some "Hyaluronic Serum" which I use now instead (not homeopathic).

Good luck!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
don't put anything on your face except water. completely cut dairy out of your diet...you will see a huge improvement in two weeks

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I had bad acne from puberty up to a few years back, probably genetic, because my father and brother had it, too, as did my cousins. Except all the usual remedies, I tried taking zinc and antibiotics, all with no success. Roaccutane helped both me and my brother and cousins. Maybe you could try another round? My cousin had to take two to eradicate it completely.

Homeopathy is pseudoscience, IMHO, and any success is just placebo effect...
edit on 27/9/11 by Maslo because: homeo

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I have acne, though it has definitely gotten better. What I would do is just go outside into the sun, because it's very good for your skin. Then put on a light moisturizer before bed.

Also, right when you wake up, wash your face with some water, and before going to bed do the same. Change your sheets and pillowcase every week because they're full of nasty stuff.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Many good remedies,.
I see you like dairy,. I'd cut that out of your diet completely
So Delicious is a company that makes coconut milk,. your best replacement.
far more nutritious and not full of chemicals like milk.
Also look into yeast allergies-Candida.
you may also consider staying away from Glutens

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hey, I am really interested in this topic.
I am 21 and I still have acne too. I haven't found any cause or any cure for it yet either. I have had mine since I was about 14.
I know it is part of your genes for sure. And I am particularly interested in how other people have cured theirs, so I can attempt each of the solutions. If anyone could offer any potential cures that would be great, I seem to have tried most of the aforementioned.

So far:
I have tried playing with the diet and eating healthy or not didn't seem to have any effect whatsoever in fact, when I was eating greasier foods, the acne seemed to improve!

I try and get a tan every so often as this improves the skin condition slightly as it speeds up recovery! But the acne formation is not affected.

Ohh and if I drink alcohol, the acne gets really bad for the next two days!
I drink once a week. (between 10 and 30 units though)

As for the details: my day is roughly:
Get up, wash face with nivea deep cleansing face wash with menthol and vitamin E
4 slices of toast (with nothing on it), two bananas and another type of fruit for breakfast
Cycle to work
Shower, wash face etc
a snack of a mars bar or protein shake if I have been training
Chicken Salad for lunch
Cycle home
Wash face again
Some carbohydrates before gym typically cake lol
Shower and wash face
Dinner of Meat and Veg
Then supper of probably 4 slices of toast (with nothing on again)

I went to work today and came back, checked in the mirror and had four new white sport formations!!
So really getting frustrated with this.
I only get acne in the T zone too if this is relevant.

and finaly:
Does anyone know if there is a time delay in the formation of acne from a cause... such as caffine...?

Cheers
Wackers

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join