It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How was Jesus' Crucifiction the Ultimate Sacrifice?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by soldita

"JESUS ONLY SACRIFICED HIS MORTAL TIME ON EARTH."

Sacrificed his mortal, blameless, sinless, Holy, Righteous life on this earth.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by buildingthenations

Let's try this another way.

A sacrifice is giving something up. Jesus did not give up his "life" - only his mortal life.

So Jesus' "ultimate sacrifice" was giving up his mortal life, right?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by soldita

ok, Jesus was willingly Crucified. For the love of His creation.
@booney said it very well in his post actually

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by soldita
reply to post by sacgamer25

"Let’s get this straight we are going say that God was resurrected proving ETERNAL LIFE and then question when he kills someone in the same thread. HMMMMM. So really what you’re saying is God killed these people and they received heaven and eternal life. How exactly was God unjust in this scenario?"

I think you inadvertently made my point. Using the same logic, God/Jesus was killed/sacrificed yet received eternal life, therefore JESUS ONLY SACRIFICED HIS MORTAL TIME ON EARTH.

I think I better understand your question. Truth is God never called it his ultimate sacrafice man did. God simply called it the perfect sacrafice. I do believe that the resurection is the foundation for the Christian church for the reasons mentioned in a previous reply.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here are a couple of versus that explain why this was the perfect sacrafice.

Jesus Christ, the Son of God, became a man, to save us from the sin that entered the world through Adam. "Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned" (Romans 5:12).

"Consequently, just as the result of one trespass was condemnation for all men, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification that brings life for all men. For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous" (Romans 5:18-19).

I believe this sufficiently answers your question. This is what happens when man interprets the bible instead of God.
edit on 27-9-2011 by sacgamer25 because: add text

edit on 27-9-2011 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

Everything that happens is God's will.

hmm..I have a problem with that statement..

if everything that happens gods will..why did he bother giving us "free will"...

if everything that happens is God's will.. it would seem he may be a bit on the sado masochistic side..considering there are a lot of very dark disgusting things that happen on this planet.

Maybe I did not understand what you meant,and if you care to explain it further, that might be helpful.

Not everything is Gods will I promise you that. You do have free will. I promise if you pray for the wrong things you may get them. If you want your life to be God's will then you have to pray for God's will. At least that is what the bible says.

link   
John 1:1-3(KJV)
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2The same was in the beginning with God.
3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

This world was made by Jesus. The reason Lucifer (now called Satan) was kicked out of Heaven is because he was jealous of Jesus. God the Father wanted the whole universe to show reverence to Jesus, but Satan became jealous, believing that he should be the one who was uplifted.

Eve was tempted, and gave in. Adam was then tempted, and gave in. At that point, no human being was allowed to eat from the Tree of Life, which is what is used to perpetuate eternal life. Had nothing been done on behalf of the human race, there would be no way to regain eternal life. God the Father could have just wiped Satan and the human race off the face of the Earth without giving any human a chance, but Jesus stepped in and said that He would take the place of the sinner. God's government is just, and fair. Something had to be done to atone for the sins which Adam and Eve had committed. By taking the weight of sin upon Himself, Jesus created a chance for humans to gain eternal life.

When Adam and Eve sinned, and they were banned from the Tree of Life, it was because God could not allow an immortal sinner to exist. They would have continued to eat from the Tree of Life, and they would live forever as sinners. When Jesus said He would take their place, God the Father then put into place the sacrificial law, where people who sinned would have to sacrifice a lamb without blemish. This was to represent Jesus until He actually came to Earth. Those people knew even way back then that when they sacrificed that lamb, they were showing that they had full faith in the Savior who was to come.

When Jesus was crucified, His blood ran when the soldier pierced His side with the spear, and with the scourging and crown of thorns. Without the shedding of blood, there is no remission of sin (Hebrews 9:22- KJV) ). When all of those lambs were sacrificed, the fact that the sinner believed that the blood flowing from that lamb represented the fact that the Savior would shed His blood to cleanse the world from sin was what was acceptable to God the Father. After Jesus died and was resurrected, from then on, putting our full faith in, and accepting what Jesus did for us, is what is acceptable to God the Father to allow us to gain eternal life.

So, Jesus is the ultimate sacrifice because when Adam and Eve sinned, He stepped in to prevent the destruction of the human race and Satan right away. If God had just wiped them all from existence at the beginning, the inhabitants of other worlds would have obeyed Him out of sheer fear, instead of love. God the Father uses this whole controversy to unveil to the entire universe how just and true, loving, and patient He is. Jesus took Adam and Eve's place, as well as every human being after them. He is the reason humans were allowed to continue existing. He is the ultimate sacrifice because, you could say, he did the human race the biggest favor that anyone has ever done for anyone else. We owe Him big time for what He did, but all He and God the Father wants from us is to love Them with all our hearts, minds, bodies, and souls, and to accept what Jesus did on our behalf. Every human has fallen short of the glory of God since Adam and Eve, and Jesus took our place, just to prevent the total destruction of the human race. Talk about taking a "bullet" for those you love!
edit on 27-9-2011 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

link   

So let's expound, Jesus' "ultimate sacrifice" was being crucified and sent to hell for 3 days, then after three days going to heaven for eternity, all the while knowing how these events would unfold.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
No one can give a satisfactory answer to your question, as there isn't one.

The debating a mans' life from 2000 years ago is simply used as a distraction for people to deny responsibility for their own lives and actions.

edit on 27-9-2011 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I don't get it. Where's the conspiracy in all of this? Am I missing something?
I think this goes in another forum.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by soldita
CUT...
Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice. He was crucified for our sins as a means of allowing us mortals to enter into Heaven.

If Jesus is God, and God always has a place in Heaven, what was so ultimate about Jesus being crucified?
CUT...

Well first up I will have to remind you that this is.... ATS.

"THEY" are here.

A war rages between the Serpent's seed & the Children of God.

The "Children of Satan" made a very bad move in spilling the blood of The Son of God.

Just as God said to Cain....

And he said, What have you done? the voice of your brother's blood cries to me from the ground. Genesis 4:10

The same is true about the Blood of the Lamb of God.

The Serpent people/hybrids cannot touch those who literally have the "Blood of the Lamb of God" over their Temple/body.

The "ultimate sacrifice" was the spilling of the Royal Bloodlines blood on this planet.... for us.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Boredomsux

The "ultimate sacrifice" points not to the death of christ. it points to where he went after he died.

He spent the three days before the resurrection in hell.

3 days is the time period between the resurrection and the crucifixion.

Then why did Jesus say to the prisoner next to him on the cross some time before he was killed
"today you will be with me in paradise."

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

3 days is the time period between the resurrection and the crucifixion. Then why did Jesus say to the prisoner next to him on the cross some time before he was killed "today you will be with me in paradise."

HOW DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT HE SAID WAS THERE WITNESS

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
CHRISTIANS MAKE ME LAUGH THEY BELEVE IN A BOOK THAT AS ALL THE ANSWERS IN IT WRITEN OVER
3500 years AGO.
3500 years AGO THEY SAID THE WORLD WAS FLAT

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by spacegremlin

And a week ago we believed nothing could exceed the speed of light. So what is your point?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

CHRISTIANS SAY THEY HAVE THE ANSWER (GOD)
I AM SAYING THE BIBLE IS A BUNCH OF MADE UP STORYS
I AM NOT SAYING I HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS BUT I AM OK WITH NOT KNOWING

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by spacegremlin

First, writing in caps is a frowned upon practice.

Second, you have come to this conclusion based upon your thousands of hours of research of the scriptures, I suppose?

Or can it be that you are just parroting what you have heard from others?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by soldita

I have nothing against anyone's belief but, my first question here is, how could someone who is immortal, that being Jesus/God, even die? God is and above all physical manifestations. I kind of see a contradiction here =/

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
OK im sure no one will read this and the rants will continue on, but i will give it a try. this is what i believe from various sources and books ive come into contact with over time.

Jesus had 2 purposes here while he was alive on this earth 2,000 years ago.

1. Jesus was completing the required experience in creature understanding which is demanded of all Creator Sons before they assume complete sovereignty.

2. Jesus was striving for actual experience is his creature worlds through which he gains the privilege to represent the paradise trinity.

And from what ive read he had some limatations placed on him as well.

1. technically terminating the Lucifer rebellion, and that you do all this as the Son of Man.

2. After terminating the lucifer rebellion fall into place as planetary prince.And to also atone for the sorrow and confusion brought upon Earth by the Caligastia betrayal and the subsequent Adamic default.

3.To function upon earth as a teacher,

Give attention, first, to the liberation and inspiration of man’s spiritual nature. Next, illuminate the darkened human intellect, heal the souls of men, and emancipate their minds from age-old fears. And then, in accordance with your mortal wisdom, minister to the physical well-being and material comfort of your brothers in the flesh. Live the ideal religious life for the inspiration and edification of all your universe.

Per the urantia book

4.Expand the truth of God.

5.To not only expand spirituality on earth but for the entire universe and all souls within and for all generations of souls there after.

6. Also from the urantia book

You are to go down to Urantia in the likeness of mortal flesh, and living as a man in your day and generation, you will so function as to show your entire universe the ideal of perfected technique in the supreme engagement of the affairs of your vast creation: The achievement of God seeking man and finding him and the phenomenon of man seeking God and finding him; and doing all of this to mutual satisfaction and doing it during one short lifetime in the flesh

And then he received further counsil and advice which was. im just going to quote the book though cause im getting lazy now. LOL

Also from the Urantia book:

(1329.3) 120:3.2 “1. That, in the pursuit of the ideal of your mortal earth life, you also give some attention to the realization and exemplification of some things practical and immediately helpful to your fellow men.
(1329.4) 120:3.3 “2. As concerns family relationships, give precedence to the accepted customs of family life as you find them established in the day and generation of your bestowal. Live your family and community life in accordance with the practices of the people among whom you have elected to appear.
(1329.5) 120:3.4 “3. In your relations to the social order we advise that you confine your efforts largely to spiritual regeneration and intellectual emancipation. Avoid all entanglements with the economic structure and the political commitments of your day. More especially devote yourself to living the ideal religious life on Urantia.
(1329.6) 120:3.5 “4. Under no circumstances and not even in the least detail, should you interfere with the normal and orderly progressive evolution of the Urantia races. But this prohibition must not be interpreted as limiting your efforts to leave behind you on Urantia an enduring and improved system of positive religious ethics. As a dispensational Son you are granted certain privileges pertaining to the advancement of the spiritual and religious status of the world peoples.
(1330.1) 120:3.6 “5. As you may see fit, you are to identify yourself with existing religious and spiritual movements as they may be found on Urantia but in every possible manner seek to avoid the formal establishment of an organized cult, a crystallized religion, or a segregated ethical grouping of mortal beings. Your life and teachings are to become the common heritage of all religions and all peoples.
(1330.2) 120:3.7 “6. To the end that you may not unnecessarily contribute to the creation of subsequent stereotyped systems of Urantia religious beliefs or other types of nonprogressive religious loyalties, we advise you still further: Leave no writings behind you on the planet. Refrain from all writing upon permanent materials; enjoin your associates to make no images or other likenesses of yourself in the flesh. See that nothing potentially idolatrous is left on the planet at the time of your departure.
(1330.3) 120:3.8 “7. While you will live the normal and average social life of the planet, being a normal individual of the male sex, you will probably not enter the marriage relation, which relation would be wholly honorable and consistent with your bestowal; but I must remind you that one of the incarnation mandates of Sonarington forbids the leaving of human offspring behind on any planet by a bestowal Son of Paradise origin.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
(1330.1) 120:3.6 “5. As you may see fit, you are to identify yourself with existing religious and spiritual movements as they may be found on Urantia but in every possible manner seek to avoid the formal establishment of an organized cult, a crystallized religion, or a segregated ethical grouping of mortal beings. Your life and teachings are to become the common heritage of all religions and all peoples.

(1330.2) 120:3.7 “6. To the end that you may not unnecessarily contribute to the creation of subsequent stereotyped systems of Urantia religious beliefs or other types of nonprogressive religious loyalties, we advise you still further: Leave no writings behind you on the planet. Refrain from all writing upon permanent materials; enjoin your associates to make no images or other likenesses of yourself in the flesh. See that nothing potentially idolatrous is left on the planet at the time of your departure.

This ones my favorite quote. Per the urantia book
edit on 27-9-2011 by InshaAllah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie
John 1:1-3(KJV)
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2The same was in the beginning with God.
3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

This world was made by Jesus. The reason Lucifer (now called Satan) was kicked out of Heaven is because he was jealous of Jesus. God the Father wanted the whole universe to show reverence to Jesus, but Satan became jealous, believing that he should be the one who was uplifted.

Eve was tempted, and gave in. Adam was then tempted, and gave in. At that point, no human being was allowed to eat from the Tree of Life, which is what is used to perpetuate eternal life. Had nothing been done on behalf of the human race, there would be no way to regain eternal life. God the Father could have just wiped Satan and the human race off the face of the Earth without giving any human a chance, but Jesus stepped in and said that He would take the place of the sinner. God's government is just, and fair. Something had to be done to atone for the sins which Adam and Eve had committed. By taking the weight of sin upon Himself, Jesus created a chance for humans to gain eternal life.

When Adam and Eve sinned, and they were banned from the Tree of Life, it was because God could not allow an immortal sinner to exist. They would have continued to eat from the Tree of Life, and they would live forever as sinners. When Jesus said He would take their place, God the Father then put into place the sacrificial law, where people who sinned would have to sacrifice a lamb without blemish. This was to represent Jesus until He actually came to Earth. Those people knew even way back then that when they sacrificed that lamb, they were showing that they had full faith in the Savior who was to come.

When Jesus was crucified, His blood ran when the soldier pierced His side with the spear, and with the scourging and crown of thorns. Without the shedding of blood, there is no remission of sin (Hebrews 9:22- KJV) ). When all of those lambs were sacrificed, the fact that the sinner believed that the blood flowing from that lamb represented the fact that the Savior would shed His blood to cleanse the world from sin was what was acceptable to God the Father. After Jesus died and was resurrected, from then on, putting our full faith in, and accepting what Jesus did for us, is what is acceptable to God the Father to allow us to gain eternal life.

So, Jesus is the ultimate sacrifice because when Adam and Eve sinned, He stepped in to prevent the destruction of the human race and Satan right away. If God had just wiped them all from existence at the beginning, the inhabitants of other worlds would have obeyed Him out of sheer fear, instead of love. God the Father uses this whole controversy to unveil to the entire universe how just and true, loving, and patient He is. Jesus took Adam and Eve's place, as well as every human being after them. He is the reason humans were allowed to continue existing. He is the ultimate sacrifice because, you could say, he did the human race the biggest favor that anyone has ever done for anyone else. We owe Him big time for what He did, but all He and God the Father wants from us is to love Them with all our hearts, minds, bodies, and souls, and to accept what Jesus did on our behalf. Every human has fallen short of the glory of God since Adam and Eve, and Jesus took our place, just to prevent the total destruction of the human race. Talk about taking a "bullet" for those you love!

So are you saying that jesus is in hell now cause our sins? and if not according to your theory what would be the purpose of sacrificing yourself for your children. i mean they get to go to heaven now, and if he aint in hell hes in heaven.

your version just dont work out its 5,000 years worth of fear mongering with a touch of good. it just dont make sense and i think thats why people have a hard time believing it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join