It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11: Written In Stone

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Very interesting find, and well reported.

It is interesting to see the symbolism applied in this architecture. Interpretation is great, and it is fun to speculate about the specifics, but I think the general idea of these sculptures comes across quite clearly to everyone.

S&F,

thanks for a great post.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by GnabeCA

You're absolutely correct, interpretation is great. Which is why I wanted to bring this thread here, because I knew there would be plenty of people who would bring fresh eyes to it. As the previous posts have proven, people are seeing all kinds of different things and with enough people looking we might just see it for what it is.

Whatever that may be.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Browsing around the church web site I came across the following name: James Albert Pike
I couldn't find any info on his parentage but found his history which included Dean of the Church of St, John the Divine - en.wikipedia.org...

His connections included:
Yale University
Office of Naval Intelligence
Columbia University

Brought up on 4 occasions for heresy against the church.
Liberation theology anyone?

The peace statue is a grotesque pagan monument to Lucifer and the sun and moon. Designs for such works go through endless committees and again all details included in it are done for symbolic purpose.

The SPQR medallion pretty much says it all considering this is not a Catholic church! Why Capernaum? There was a synagogue there which had a mosaic:

A mosaic uncovered in 1991 shows an image of the Woman and Dragon motif mentioned in the Christian biblical book Revelation of St.John. It shows a woman about to give birth to a child as a dragon waits to devour it.
- en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 27-9-2011 by Asktheanimals because: added comments

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

As we have seen in the past...

...these people aren't afraid to flaunt their intentions in public. And their reputation for symbolism is notorious.

Dylan Avery ought to be tarred and feathered for starting this stupid rumor. That cover with the WTC in the crosshairs was published in 1998, five years after the FIRST terrorist attack on the WTC, and up until that time it was really the only foreign terrorist attack on US soil. How would it NOT be presented as a target for terrorists?

Avery knows all this but he simply doesn't care- he just wants you to buy his movies and a few T-shirts.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Did he steal your girlfriend? C'mon Dave, what's with this vendetta on Avery? How could you read thru this thread, with all the excellent new information it brings with it, and then attempt to derail it with this? Your agenda is showing, again.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Nice work Asktheanimals

I'm looking a bit further into the Temple of Understanding and the Cathedrals links to the British (Venerable) Order of Malta.

The Cathedral of St. John the Divine, the medieval temple of the Episcopalian Archdiocese of New York, has become the mother institution of the New Age movement in the United States, whose goal is to eclipse the Age of Pisces (Christianity) with an Age of Aquarius (Lucifer). The presiding bishop of the cathedral, Bishop Paul Moore, whose family is heir to the Nabisco company fortune, has been in the forefront of creating this Satanic "new world order," since at least the late 1950s, when, as a priest in Indianapolis, Indiana, he gave the "People's Temple" cult of Jim Jones its start.

source

It just gets weirder and weirder...

Last February, the Cathedral of St. John the Divine hosted a "February Fling," sponsored by the Temple of Understanding, which brought together top Soviet officials to meet with their counterparts in the West. Through Fr. Luis Dolan, who travels to the U.S.S.R. every six weeks to get marching orders from officials of the CPSU International Department-controlled Soviet Peace Center, the Temple of Understanding overlaps the Center for Soviet-American Dialogue, which is involved in extensive exchanges, whose purpose is to remove the "enemy image" of the U.S.S.R. being an "evil empire."

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

No. You are seeing what you want to see.

Can you tell me how the masons predicted the future? You really think 9/11 was planned over a decade before it happened?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
No. You are seeing what you want to see.

No. I am seeing what is there.

How I interpret what I am seeing is another matter entirely. As has already been mentioned, people are going to see different things in the imagery and ascribe different meaning to the symbolism. That is only natural.

The most intriguing element to this subject is the fact that the carvings even exist! And not just that, but the manner in which they are presenting themselves. It's completely unique.

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
Can you tell me how the masons predicted the future? You really think 9/11 was planned over a decade before it happened?

I don't believe they did predict the future. I don't even believe the Masons had a huge role to play in the Cathedral in modern times. After all, there is a difference between Masonry and a Mason.

As for 9/11 being planned a decade in advance? Yes, I believe it is absolutely possible. Like I alluded to in the thread, the finer details obviously weren't apparent but the general targets seem to have been chosen.

Even without 9/11 these carvings would still be hugely relevant. They are not so much a prediction or a prophesy, they are a symbol of power, a warning, a signal of intent.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dillweed

Did he steal your girlfriend? C'mon Dave, what's with this vendetta on Avery? How could you read thru this thread, with all the excellent new information it brings with it, and then attempt to derail it with this? Your agenda is showing, again.

Would you prefer that I talk about how Alex Jones is a lunatic, instead? He's every bit as much of a conspiracy dealer as Avery is-

The undebatable fact is, regardless of whether they're doing it for their own financial gain or whether they're outright lunatics, all the snake oil peddlers behind those damned fool conspiracy web sites are pushing out complete rubbish that can be shown to be rubbish with a simple 30 second Google search. I will bet anything you want that the OP didn't get the idea there was "sinister secret 9/11 imagery hidden in cathedral carvings" on his own, but rather one of those very damned fool conspiracy web sites I'm referring to put the idea into his head. His bringing up the hoax that Dylan Avery attempted to pass off in Loose Change doesn't exactly disprove the point.

If you don't appreciate my pointing out that everything you people are quoting is coming from people who either con artists or lunatics, then stop quoting con artists and lunatics. It ain't a trick question.
edit on 28-9-2011 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

This is brilliantly creepy stuff. Thanks for putting it together. I don't know if I agree with the relevance to 9/11, but it's possible - and more importantly, it's definitely weird stuff that's there for a reason, and I'm looking forward to learning more and reading other people's thoughts and interpretations.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
The undebatable fact is, regardless of whether they're doing it for their own financial gain or whether they're outright lunatics, all the snake oil peddlers behind those damned fool conspiracy web sites are pushing out complete rubbish that can be shown to be rubbish with a simple 30 second Google search.

I dont mind people informing me I am wrong. In fact, I quite enjoy it. There is no shame in admitting fault and learning from it.

What I dislike very much is when someone comes along and says "You are wrong, silly conspiracy nut
" and then swans off without saying much else. Especially when someone has gone to the time and effort to present a theory (highly speculative, granted) and yet naysayers don't have the grace to provide a decent argument. Especially when it can be done in 30 seconds.

I will bet anything you want that the OP didn't get the idea there was "sinister secret 9/11 imagery hidden in cathedral carvings" on his own, but rather one of those very damned fool conspiracy web sites I'm referring to put the idea into his head.

Wrong. I have been looking into Cathedral architecture and symbolism for a few months now, not in particular reference to 9/11 or anything else to do with the OP, but for a different topic altogether.

When I saw the carvings on St. John the Divine I couldn't believe my eyes. So yeah, if we're betting let's make it £5,000,000.....I'm not a greedy man.

His bringing up the hoax that Dylan Avery attempted to pass off in Loose Change doesn't exactly disprove the point.

How is it a hoax? It is symbolism and therefore it is open to interpretation. I can no more prove it true as you can prove it untrue.

If you don't appreciate my pointing out that everything you people are quoting is coming from people who either con artists or lunatics, then stop quoting con artists and lunatics.

Could you please define the word "everything?"

It ain't a trick question.

If Mr Smith's peacock lays an egg in Mr Jones' yard, who owns the egg?
edit on 28/9/2011 by LiveForever8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Not to poo-poo on the party or anything, but I must state the obvious here. While I can also see the connections being made, and often mentioning the name Rockefeller invokes shivers for most conspiracy theorists, couldn't this have a more benign meaning?

1. It's a cathedral. The worshippers here believe in Revelations. Revelations is all about death, destruction, chaos. Revelations is also what some Christians fear the most and will "give" their life to God in order to be saved from such pain and suffering.

2. It's in NYC. Long before 9/11, the Twin Towers were one of several places that were most recognizable, most mentioned structures concerning NYC. Statue of Liberty, the skyline as a collective whole, the GW bridge, among others.

3. Part of Revelations state, in summary, that the Earth will shake to and fro (earthquake), the waters will rise and wash over the Earth (tsunami), and disease, fire, famine will wreak havoc (skeletons or death). All of which is depicted here.

Lastly, people seem to be focusing on one aspect of this sculpture -- the Twin Towers -- but fail to mention all of the other structures still standing. Now, I realize there were "attempts" on others, such as the Statue of Liberty, but it is certainly still standing and I would like to see if someone could argue it was foiled by an anti-elitist thus preventing the rest of this scene to be a full blown prophecy piece or agenda.

All of this scene encompasses the idea of Revelations, while only a very small portion pertains to 9/11. So to latch onto to the idea that this was an agenda driven message, foretelling the fall of the towers, is to ignore the other 99% of the sculpture.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

As we have seen in the past...

...these people aren't afraid to flaunt their intentions in public. And their reputation for symbolism is notorious.

Dylan Avery ought to be tarred and feathered for starting this stupid rumor. That cover with the WTC in the crosshairs was published in 1998, five years after the FIRST terrorist attack on the WTC, and up until that time it was really the only foreign terrorist attack on US soil. How would it NOT be presented as a target for terrorists?

Oh hooper
. I guess the government shoud be tarred and feathered for this one too?

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 28-9-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Originally posted by lpowell0627
Not to poo-poo on the party or anything...

Please, poo away

1. It's a cathedral. The worshippers here believe in Revelations. Revelations is all about death, destruction, chaos. Revelations is also what some Christians fear the most and will "give" their life to God in order to be saved from such pain and suffering.

Absolutely correct. What I would love to see is evidence of similar carvings on other Cathedrals anywhere in the world. They could exist, but I haven't seen them. This type of sculpture is rare. Very rare. That's why I felt it needed to be examined closer.

2. It's in NYC. Long before 9/11, the Twin Towers were one of several places that were most recognizable, most mentioned structures concerning NYC. Statue of Liberty, the skyline as a collective whole, the GW bridge, among others.

I agree.

3. Part of Revelations state, in summary, that the Earth will shake to and fro (earthquake), the waters will rise and wash over the Earth (tsunami), and disease, fire, famine will wreak havoc (skeletons or death). All of which is depicted here.

Indeedy.

Lastly, people seem to be focusing on one aspect of this sculpture -- the Twin Towers -- but fail to mention all of the other structures still standing. Now, I realize there were "attempts" on others, such as the Statue of Liberty, but it is certainly still standing and I would like to see if someone could argue it was foiled by an anti-elitist thus preventing the rest of this scene to be a full blown prophecy piece or agenda.

Now there's an idea!

All of this scene encompasses the idea of Revelations, while only a very small portion pertains to 9/11. So to latch onto to the idea that this was an agenda driven message, foretelling the fall of the towers, is to ignore the other 99% of the sculpture.

I don't think we ignored it, after all, I posted several other carvings that had no relevance to 9/11. Even then, they were completely baffling in regards to where they are located. This Cathedral is just so unique! I cant stress that enough.

The Masonic pyramid and all seeing eye. The Kabbalistic Tree of Life. Carvings of DNA. More pyramids. Pagan symbols and generally out of place imagery. None of it is being ignored, trust me.

Thanks for the great post

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
1 more hooper....

Now sit down.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
What is interesting about thous pillars is that they seem to think the modern apocalypse will be a MegaTsuanmi over Manhattan.

I always believed that the building of New Manhattan will generate many jobs.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Thanks for your respectful reply. I agree this warrants further inquiry, and applaud the research and time that went into this thread. It is a rare ATSer these days capable of presenting a theory while also acknowledging the fallacies in such a theory. This is evidence of what ATS is supposed to be and I look forward to reading and finding other similar sculptures.

I am looking further into the failed attempts and exactly how they were thwarted and to whom the credit went. Wouldn't it be a find to discover a common link? An anti-elitist wracking havoc on the whole agenda?

Very interesting stuff indeed.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Oh hooper
. I guess the government shoud be tarred and feathered for this one too?

I don't get your point. Are you one of those people who thinks missiles hit all the buildings and 100,000 eyewitneses and 500 videos are all lying, or are you we had a terrorist attack that happened completely differently than what they were training for? Or, are you saying the gov't is in the habit of announcing they're going to stage a conspiracy that kills 3000 people shortly before they stage a conspiracy that kills 3000 people? Oh, and where is the carving of the missile on that church pillar?

Tell me, in all honesty- which one of those damned fool conspiracy web sites did you get this from, 'cause it's pretty obvious you haven't thought this bit all the way through.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Amazing non-coincidence there...

Wow.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

What I think is interesting is how there's pictures of Muhajideen with stinger missiles along with the recent report that 20,000 such surface to air missiles each capable of bringing down a jet liner went "missing" in Libya yet there was not one available to defend Washington on 9/11.
Must be because we gave them all away to terrorists nations, right?

Somebody, anybody, find me carvings at another church that show anything even slightly resembling the pillar of destruction at St. John the Divine and I will believe it to be coincidence.
Until then I will consider it blatant advertising of a future agenda that has since come to pass.

The truest religious zealots not only believe in end times eschatology but that they have an important role to play in those events. Ego in group expression is a most dangerous combination.
edit on 28-9-2011 by Asktheanimals because: added comments

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join