It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11: Written In Stone

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
9/11: Written In Stone

Nestled neatly in amongst the hustle and bustle of New York is one of the largest cathedrals in the world. The Cathedral of St. John the Divine, officially the Cathedral Church of Saint John the Divine in the City and Diocese of New York, is located at 1047 Amsterdam Avenue, (between West 110th Street, which is also known as "Cathedral Parkway", and 113th Street) in Manhattan's Morningside Heights.

Designed in 1888 and begun in 1892, it has undergone radical stylistic changes throughout it's history. Originally designed as Byzantine-Romanesque, the plan was changed after 1909 to a Gothic design. Over a hundred years later it remains unfinished (hence it's nickname St. John the Unfinished) with construction and restoration a continuing process.

One of it's more recent additions occurred in 1988 and it is this addition that we shall be focusing on today.

The Portal of Paradise

The Portal of Paradise is the principal ceremonial entrance to the sacred space of the Cathedral of St. John the Divine. For over half a century this central doorway was flanked with uncarved blocks of Indiana limestone waiting to take the forms of Biblical men and women who embody the history of the great monotheistic religions.

source

The job was given to Simon Verity, a British sculptor and master stonecarver, whose main area of expertise is garden sculpture. Originally assisted by six apprentices he was eventually joined by Jean-Claude Marchionni, a master stonecarver from France.

Now, Gothic cathedrals world-wide are renowned for their unusual styles. Strange, leering creatures. Menacing gargoyles. Seemingly out of place architectural designs and an abundance of Pagan symbolism. But what we see carved into the rock at St. John the Divine is something completely different altogether...

The Apocalyptic Pillars

What do you see?

Here's what I see: I see that in general the New York skyline looks pretty chaotic. Buildings look to be falling, tilting and generally unstable. Most prominent are the World Trade Centers (understandably) and the whole scene looks to be moments away from being engulfed in a giant dust cloud.

Some people state that the towers look as if they are collapsing, personally I don't see it. But I do see a scene that shows NYC being rocked by something.

And it is not just those who are conspiratorially minded who see it. Museum Planet (who offer “ slide tours of historic places with narration, photographs and text”) have this to say about the pillar:

3) Isiah & Jerimiah (Below: NYC and World Trade Center portrayed under a mushroom cloud.)

Steve Zeitlin writes:

Representing the prophets’ prescience of the holy city’s destruction, the World Trade Towers and Empire State are blown off their moorings in a vision of the final days.

Other famous landmarks are also carved into the Portal, again, with an apocalyptic theme...

The scene above might be unsettling for New York residents. We see the Brooklyn bridge crumbling with cars and buses falling into agitated waters. At the right is the Statue of Liberty, which seems to be sinking in the water. Beneath this horrifying prophecy is the New York Stock Exchange, with people trading goods around it.

Of course, the Brooklyn Bridge and the Statue of Liberty still stand, but that doesn't mean they haven't been targeted in the past.

A Bridge Under Scrutiny, by Plotters and the Police

Al Qaeda has long had a fascination with suspension bridges, especially the Brooklyn Bridge. New documents reveal that before Sept. 11, 2001, methods for bringing down bridges were being taught at a terrorist training camp in Afghanistan.

The Statue of Liberty was also targated:

An assessment of Mr. Zubaydah says he provided interrogators with a list of potential Qaeda targets, including “U.S. symbols” like the Statue of Liberty, the United Nations building and “major hanging bridges,” the report says.

Even before 9/11 the Brooklyn Bridge was being specifically targeted:

References to the Brooklyn Bridge were being picked up by intelligence officers in the Police Department before 9/11. Images of the bridge appeared, for example, in the backgrounds of pre-recorded memorial messages left behind by suicide attackers overseas.

So could the Brooklyn Bridge and the Statue of Liberty have also been targets on 9/11 that were abandoned last minute? Or do these carvings still act as a warning of what is to come?

Some could even argue that the inclusion of the New York Stock Exchange is a reference to the financial apocalypse we currently find ourselves in.

Bible Revelations

The scenes from the Portal have been compared to that of the Book of Revelations and it's understandable to see why. Afterall, the Cathedral is named after John of Patmos, the author of the apocalyptic text that is traditionally cannonized in the New Testament.

The above carvings can be found below the statue of Biblical figures, attached to the Portal - Amos, Hosea, Isiah and Jerimiah. I decided to see what these individuals had to say about 9/11. Here's what I found:

(Note: I despise it when people use Biblical quotes as proof or evidence for anything. I was not going to include this part in the thread but I decided that it might be of some importance. So I present what I found and offer no commentary so as not to influence. Make of it what you will.)

Amos & Hosea - Brooklyn Bridge

Amos 9:11 - "In that day I will restore the fallen house of David. I will repair its damaged walls. From the ruins I will rebuild it and restore its former glory."

Hosea 9:11 - "The glory of Israel will fly away like a bird, for your children will not be born or grow in the womb or even be conceived."

Isiah & Jerimiah - NYC and World Trade Center

Isaiah 9:11 - "But the LORD will bring Rezin's enemies against Israel and stir up all their foes."

Jeremiah 9:11 - "I will make Jerusalem into a heap of ruins," says the LORD. "It will be a place haunted by jackals. The towns of Judah will be ghost towns, with no one living in them."

All I will say is that whereas you (and I) might not believe in Bible prophesy, some people do. The same can be said of symbolism.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Connecting Some Dots

A couple of things caught my eye when looking at the biography of the artists, Simon Verity and Jean-Claude Marchionni. Regarding Verity:

His work is found in public and private collections around the world, including The Victoria and Albert Museum, the Chicago Botanic Gardens, Bellevue Hospital, and The American Academy in Rome, and includes commissions from H.R.H. The Prince of Wales and Lord Rothschild.

As far as Marchionni is concerned:

In New York City, he worked extensively on the restorations of Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church, Grand Central Station and Rockefeller Center, and has produced new work for the Jewish Museum and the Huffington Library in Ohio.

I don't know about you but whenever the likes of Rockefeller, Rothschild and Prince Charles are mentioned I tend to sit up and pay a bit more attention. Imagine my surprise when I saw this:

Many do not know of, or are supportive of, the Rockefeller's massive funding of population control through such groups as the Population Council and Planned Parenthood. One can view some of their donations through the Rockefeller Brothers Fund Archives, which lists such recipients as:

Aspen Institute of Humanistic Studies

Brookings Institution

Council on Foreign Relations

Association of Theological Schools in the U.S. and Canada [ATS] --------->

Cathedral Church of St. John the Divine

Hudson Institute

Lehrman Institute

So Rockefeller has funded the Cathedral? Interesting.

The primary reason for this was his association with the Temple of Understanding, which used to be located within the Cathedral of St. John the Divine.

One of the more important connections was with the Temple of Understanding based in the Cathedral of St. John the Divine, the Episcopal "mother" church.

“The Temple of Understanding collaborated with the Global Commission of Parliamentarian Leaders in 1985 and gave birth to the Global Forum.”

“…New Age organizations behind the Global Forum just happen to be the Temple of Understanding, which is closely tied to the United Nations and is housed at Madeleine L’Engle’s church, the Cathedral of St. John the Divine…The Temple’s purpose…is to facilitate the one world religion, through the promoting both the acceptance and the embrace of all religions, beliefs and rituals.”

The Rockefeller Center is another place which is no stranger to sinister symbolism - I don't know if Marchionni had anything to do with any of that symbolism but the odds would certainly seem to say he did.

According to this website, there are some other very interesting donors to the Cathedral:

Also in the same issue of The New American there is a list of donors to the Cathedral: Mr. and Ms. Steven Rockefeller is among them, along with Mr. Robert de Rothschild; David Rockefeller Jr.; Mrs. Mary C. Rockefeller; Mr. and Mrs. Laurance Spellman Rockefeller; Rockefeller Center Properties Inc.; The Rockefeller Group Inc. and many elite-of-the-elite organizations such as J.P. Morgan & Co.; Chase Manhattan Bank; Goldman, Sachs & Co.; Hearst Corporation; CBS, Inc. and even, mysteriously, the Federal Emergency Managment Agency (FEMA), among others.

In conclusion

So what do we have?

We have apocalyptic scenes of New York City carved years before the September 11th attacks. We have a Cathedral with an questionable past, funded by the elites who some claim are behind the 9/11 attacks. We have two sculptors who have associations with these elites, doing work for them in the past.

As we have seen in the past...

...these people aren't afraid to flaunt their intentions in public. And their reputation for symbolism is notorious.

Anyways, I thought this was something different for the 9/11 forum, a forum I don't contribute to very often.

Over to you...

Additional Sources

vigilantcitizen.com...
vigilantcitizen.com...
www.seekgod.ca...
nyc-architecture.com...
www.museumplanet.com...
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
The Apocalyptic Pillars

What do you see?

Nice post. S&F.

In the above pic, I see massive waves washing over the chaotic looking buildings of New York.

I love this kind of stuff. Not so much the chaotic symbolism, but the 'interpret what you see'. Always interesting to read what others see.

st.

Edit: Looks like New York has some tough times ahead, provided they are 'prophet' symbols.

edit on 26-9-2011 by SatoriTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
S&F
Need to comment so i can find this later.

Wowzers! Whats with the obsession over the end of the World?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by emaildogs

Wowzers! Whats with the obsession over the end of the World?

Obsession or Agenda...?

Considering this was completed 4 years prior to 911, I find it very f'd up...now if Satori is correct and the detail above the towers are supposed to be waves, then 911 won't have meant a damn thing.

Someone knows...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
BUTT... U left out DArth Vaderr
... Soo I guess they had stone carving-bots... twitter-monkey-bots now
... Who knew whats Old is New World again... nothing to really Marvel at... move along citiZEN... Nothing to ALL SEE here again

Mr X-ULTRA-BOT... Giving U-ALL collectively a inside creation traders tip... we are what we digi-twit-think... As so you shall profit

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
As much as I love you until the end of time, I'm going to have to have to say that personally, I don't see any connection with 9/11 in the pillar whatsoever.

There are no planes and no evidence of an explosion of any kind - both towers are still completely intact. I see what looks like water at the bottom of the buildings (possible flood or tidal wave?) and what could maybe be huge gusts of wind in the sky and flames behind all the buildings. Just looks like exactly what it's supposed to be - an apocalyptic image.

If 9/11 had never happened, I doubt anyone would look at it and say hey, it looks like a terrorist attack on the twin towers involving 2 planes! I think they'd just look at it and say it looks like an apocalyptic New York.

Or am I completely missing something?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I think the pillars speak more of the obsession (or agenda as someone already pointed out) with apocalyptic end-times doom and gloom by the church and religion in general, as opposed to an actual prophesy of 9/11.

Theoretically, all cities have the threat of catastrophe hanging over them, as they are artificial constructs subject to natural and man-made disasters. Acting surprised when such a disaster does occur only shows our lack of foresight and planning. Depicting a city engulfed in flame or toppling from an earthquake is hardly prophetic.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I've seen this before. First I have to say that the St. John's is CINO. Christian in Name Only. Take a look through this about St. John's.

Sinister Sites

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
Considering this was completed 4 years prior to 911, I find it very f'd up...now if Satori is correct and the detail above the towers are supposed to be waves, then 911 won't have meant a damn thing.

Someone knows...

However, and here is one to test your thought processes, what if 911 was infact a warning, veiled as a terrorist attack. A warning of something that could cause tsunami waves?

You drop a stone in a pond, it creates a wave.

Just a thought!

st.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

Hey

I understand.

But what we must remember is that this is symbolism, not literalism. Of course the sculptures are open to interpretation, that's the whole point. I think the fact that they are there at all is unbelievable! This isn't some obscure arts show, this is sculpted in stone beside the entrance of a Cathedral!

How often have you ever seen anything like that amongst the architecture of any Church/Cathedral?

I just thought that the links between the Cathedral and the likes of Rockefeller/Rothschild made this a case worth looking into.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I agree with much of what you said and you're right about the pillars not being explicitly prophetic. But I don't think we are dealing with prophecy here, we are dealing with individuals who work through symbolism, who feel empowered by it.

Like I have said, the pillars are so out of place and are so unusual that there has to be an ulterior motive. Which is why I wasn't surprised to find out about the list of donors to the Cathedral.

That place is special. Special to them. It's events and associations go some way to proving that.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

You're telling me...

The VC articles were linked in my OP.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Originally posted by facelift
Obsession or Agenda...?

I'd say both.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Great thread sir! Well done on some good research.
How did you find out about this stuff?

S&F

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Some folks may mistakenly believe that this church is dedicated to John the Baptist.
It is dedicated to the author of the Revelation, John of Patmos (John the divine)

Shall we see what he's got to say about it?
Revelation 9:11 -

And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

Whoa! It's been right here in our faces all this time.

And here's some of sculptor Simon Veritys' other artwork - www.nyc.gov...

How the hell can FEMA give funds for the building of a Cathedral?

If I were a resident of NYC this would make me move far, far away.

Excellent research! Though I had seen the pillars before I was not aware of the connections with the Rockefellers, Rothschilds, etc.

Satanism disguised as Christianity, just as the Bible foretold.
If these aren't the end times they're doing a fine job of faking it.

ETA - the church was built on the site of a former orphanage. Where'd the kids go?

In 1887 Bishop Henry Codman Potter of the Episcopal Diocese of New York called for a cathedral to rival St. Patrick's Cathedral in Manhattan.[4] An 11.5-acre (4.7 ha) property, on which the Leake and Watts Orphan Asylum had stood, was purchased by deed for the cathedral in 1891

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 26-9-2011 by Asktheanimals because: added commentary

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Excellent point, especially when that symbolism is laid out by those who don't necessarily understand it, or their own reasoning, but rather follow it blindly as part of their dogmatic programming and cultist teachings. Scares you to think that people in power fall under this sway and end up assuring this becomes a self-fulfilling "prophesy"!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Well I have been looking into the unusual architectural features of many of Europe's Gothic Cathedrals recently and I stumbled across this one on my travels. Then, a few days ago, I saw an article on Vigilant Citizen about the apocalyptic pillars and was compelled to do some research into it.

I couldn't believe some of the information that cropped up - especially regarding the numerous donors to the Cathedral. Like I have said, it is a special place.

I did try to contact Simon Verity but so far, no luck.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicWaterGate
BUTT... U left out DArth Vaderr
... Soo I guess they had stone carving-bots... twitter-monkey-bots now
... Who knew whats Old is New World again... nothing to really Marvel at... move along citiZEN... Nothing to ALL SEE here again

Mr X-ULTRA-BOT... Giving U-ALL collectively a inside creation traders tip... we are what we digi-twit-think... As so you shall profit

Are you retarded?
edit on 9/26/2011 by pale5218 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Hey there

Exactly, what is FEMA doing pumping funds into a Cathedral? Not just them though, the whole list is a who's who of elites. It makes me wonder what other similar projects they have funded and what other symbols they could be hiding?

I thought I may as well post the other strange carvings...

Notice the hand in the background pointing to the capstone of a pyramid?

Also worth mentioning is the Masonic background of the Cathedral...

The completion of the cathedral was such a prized accomplishment for the Freemasons that it was featured on the front page of “Masonic World” of March 1925.

The article states:

“It is particularly fitting that the Masons, who were the principal builders of cathedrals and churches during the greatest cathedral-building period, should now have a prominent part in the movement to build America’s greatest cathedral (…) Little need be added to the story of Freemasonry during the cathedral-building period; its monuments are its best history, alike of its genius, its faith and its symbols.”

Construction on the cathedral was begun with the laying of the cornerstone on December 27, 1892, St. John's Day, a prominent date in the Templar/Masonic diary.

All seeing eye atop of the Cathedral...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join