It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homework promoting polygamy & Islam garb sent home with students

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by doom27
Sorry to be short and to the point but why should anyone care?

Its a school assignment. Let the teacher / school / state teach how it wants, all this shows is that this guy is butthurt about veils and the thought of people sharing each others partners.

What a twirp.
edit on 26-9-2011 by doom27 because: (no reason given)

GROW UP. This is about preserving freedom and the rights of every person in this country. We're not going SHARIA anywhere in North America.
edit on 26-9-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
This goes far beyond any form of respect. Sharia is criminal in its abuse of citizens and women/children. It is against all free countries and it is completely ILLEGAL. IT VIOLATES OUR CONSTITUTIONS.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
www.warriorsfortruth.com...

Al Qaeda is the direct lineal descendant of the Arab Nazis of the Muslim Brotherhood

During his time in the government’s underground vaults, Loftus said he read a file on an organization known as the Muslim Brotherhood. In the file was information about a man named Hasam al-Banna who founded the organization in 1920.

“Mr. al-Banna was a devout admirer of a young Austrian writer named Adolph Hitler. His letters to Hitler were so supportive that when Hitler came to power in the 1930s he had Nazi intelligence make contact with al-Banna to see if they could work together,” Loftus said.

Hitler had al-banna establish a spy network for Nazi Germany throughout Arabia.

This blast from the past was a small radical probably intelligence group, partners in crime with the NAZI's and their Draconian idea of fascism.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
www.mideastweb.org...

Initially, the Muslim Brotherhood society seemed to be one among many small Islamic associations. These associations promoted personal piety and engaged in charitable activities. But the Muslim brotherhood was different. Al-Banna injected social content and economic messages into the Muslim brotherhood, making it into a channel for political discontent. Al-Banna's big chance came during the Arab Revolt in Palestine, and the rise of the Axis powers. For Al-Banna and the Muslim Brotherhood, the Jewish presence in Palestine was another Westernizing colonialist influence that had to be stopped simply because it was Western. ...

Al-Banna and Nazism

The growth of the Muslim Brotherhood was accompanied or caused in part by the fact that Al-Banna associated it with the German Nazi party and the Third Reich. From the ideological point of view, the Jew hatred, authoritarianism, addiction to violence and desire to defeat the British of both the Muslim Brothers and the Nazis were quite enough to make the two movements find common cause.

The Brotherhood’s political and military alliance with Nazi Germany blossomed into formal state visits, de facto ambassadors, and overt and covert joint ventures. The Muslim Brotherhood transformed Nazi anti-Semitism into a Muslim version, providing Arab translations of Mein Kampf (translated into Arabic as “My Jihad”) and other Nazi anti-Semitic works, including Der Sturmer hate-cartoons, adapted to portray the Jew as the demonic enemy of Allah rather than the German Volk.

There are kazillions of links. And no we're not allowing this. Would rather the sun super nova'd.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010 The girl is taking a middle eastern studies course and this was just a letter describing the differences between the women who follow Islam and western women. I question if this letter was actually written by a Muslim woman though because at the end of the letter she said God instead of Allah.
The link given did not give this information. So, where did you get this?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Add this to my list of the 8,321 reasons my children are home-schooled.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Its propaganda to make you feel better about dressing like a slut. The American culture has turned feminism upside down, and doing something like this brings up some kind of "pride" in Americans- playing on there hatred of the Muslim world (which is upside down and backwords, lol) while promoting the acceptance of promiscuity.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustinSee
Its propaganda to make you feel better about dressing like a slut. The American culture has turned feminism upside down, and doing something like this brings up some kind of "pride" in Americans- playing on there hatred of the Muslim world (which is upside down and backwords, lol) while promoting the acceptance of promiscuity.

promoting tolerance of illegal acts is propaganda ... ie, polygamy
promoting oppressive and separatist dress is propaganda ... ie, burkha

expressly addressing either to a group of minors (children) is inexcusable.
if any God entity demanded/desired or wanted us clothed, surely we would arrive in such a way.
since every child born in every country is delivered upon this Earth stark naked ... what is the big deal ??

so, in your opinion ... what constitutes 'dressing like a slut' ??
since we start out naked, what dress is less than or more provocative than the intent declared upon birth? and what in the world does dress/attire have to do with being promiscuous?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Thank god you came in with the voice of rationality and pointed out that the problem here really is not enough naked children.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

No, you didn't get what I was saying. There is a movement now in America where girls dress older and have sex at an earlier age. On the TV, internet, all the media the music, its sex sex sex. Kids are "sexting". I know, the muslim world has polygamy in it and all....
Its just a backhanded way of promoting sex- by putting some of the stranger and recent sexual American "values" next to something covered up and oppressive- something Americans are afraid of. There is a lack of "morality", for lack of a better word, in the American culture....when you have it next something as oppressive as that, it looks better and people start feeling pride for it.
Edit: There was a time when Feminism was important, and it said something. Now it seems as if something as beautiful and important as sex and love is being thrown out the window.Instead of meaningful relationships, people get drunk and screw. Now, thats fine to do a bit of that every now and again, but we are becoming a culture obsessed with it. Alot of women (and men) do NOT respect their bodies, and instead of addressing the issue- or acknowledging it, you can put something like "Muslim values" next to it- and everything is ok. Its just a way to look at it.
If you look closely, the "Red Dress Sacrifice" has been doing her rounds in music and television.
edit on 26-9-2011 by JustinSee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
So, basically, some idiot in Georgia took something wildly out of context, tainted by his rabid anti-muslim paranoia.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
This goes far beyond any form of respect. Sharia is criminal in its abuse of citizens and women/children. It is against all free countries and it is completely ILLEGAL. IT VIOLATES OUR CONSTITUTIONS.

We have multiple constitutions?

Who is advocating Shariah Law in America?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
muslims are out breeding westerners, right?

so how exactly are they doing that?

lol! artificial insemination?

rape doesn't happen in their society?

in western nations, the victim gets help and we try to catch the perp, not stone the vic to death.

everyone has sex, well, most people.

burka's don't stop anything, dressing like a slut doesn't either, as dressing conservatively.

school uniforms are a good idea. people can tell what school you belong too if you are skipping classes and it doesn't make you "lookin like a fool with yo pants on the ground."

and a burka is not a uniform?!!!

polygamy is not practiced or condoned in the west. it's one thing to read 1001 nights and about sultans and harems and another to consider it a possible lifestyle for real for western women/girls.

but ya, it's hard truth and should be known.

yes, sorta every mans dream but we have enough dealing with 1 wife at a time! lol!!!

it is equality in the relationship which we prize. imagine the interpersonal dynamics in polygamous marriage,

someone has to be the boss to keep the peace which means some serious subjugation of the others.

this is a whole other level of a patriarchal society.

if this was a state wide agenda to introduce the kids to islam, i'm not for it and the dad is right to confront the school.

however, if it was thought provoking assignment of pro's and con's then i would discuss it with the kid.

but it seems to be the former.

watched the vid after i wrote this.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Hahaha...It's ok for girls to wear "tiny rags" as clothing but I'll be damned if a man should have more than one wife!!!

When will we ever learn to simply accept what other people want to believe instead of trying to make everyone believe what we believe.

The homework was a load of crap though.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by FallenWun
reply to post by Honor93

Thank god you came in with the voice of rationality and pointed out that the problem here really is not enough naked children.

the star is because your rationale made me chuckle, for that, thanks

actually, the reality would be, we are ALL naked children, get it?

what happens after that is up for individual discernment, none other.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustinSee
reply to post by Honor93

No, you didn't get what I was saying. There is a movement now in America where girls dress older and have sex at an earlier age. On the TV, internet, all the media the music, its sex sex sex. Kids are "sexting". I know, the muslim world has polygamy in it and all....
Its just a backhanded way of promoting sex- by putting some of the stranger and recent sexual American "values" next to something covered up and oppressive- something Americans are afraid of. There is a lack of "morality", for lack of a better word, in the American culture....when you have it next something as oppressive as that, it looks better and people start feeling pride for it.
Edit: There was a time when Feminism was important, and it said something. Now it seems as if something as beautiful and important as sex and love is being thrown out the window.Instead of meaningful relationships, people get drunk and screw. Now, thats fine to do a bit of that every now and again, but we are becoming a culture obsessed with it. Alot of women (and men) do NOT respect their bodies, and instead of addressing the issue- or acknowledging it, you can put something like "Muslim values" next to it- and everything is ok. Its just a way to look at it.
If you look closely, the "Red Dress Sacrifice" has been doing her rounds in music and television.
edit on 26-9-2011 by JustinSee because: (no reason given)

ok seriously, it really sounds like you have issues with sex.
this is not about sex or sexting or the immoral acts of children which have gone on for centuries.
pssssst ... before the interwebs and cell phones, we had curiosity, magazines, and cameras and we used all of them

i do and did understand what you said, i simply disagree.
if we are the masters of our destiny, it is an individuals' choice to make, not yours or mine.
the mormon world has polygamy practices here in America, still doesn't make it legal.
so, can/should i send a bottle of moonshine in for show-n-tell ?? tis the same principle.

morality is also a decision ... not for you about me and not for me about you ... tolerance is key.
what you find morally repulsive, i might enjoy thoroughly ... doesn't make it wrong or illegal.

you don't want to get into a discussion with me about sex, honest.
sensuality and sexuality are NOT the same thing.
emphasizing sensuality is NOT a bad thing.
teaching sensuality isn't explored enough.
and since most are born with five senses, isn't it our job to explore them, at the very least?
and, just because ppl engage in sensual behavior does Not mean they are sexually active.

Until ppl learn the difference, we don't stand a chance.
sex is a decision.
sex has one purpose, pro-creation.
sex is not necessary to experience or enjoy love.
sex is not necessary to experience sensual peak or climax
sensuality is to be explored, embraced, encouraged and emulated in every aspect of life.
look at the nature surrounding you ... the evidence is abundant.

as for women respecting their bodies, agreed except we apparently perceive 'respect' differently.
i don't believe concealing myself is respectful. not to me or anyone else.
i don't believe any one else has the right to judge (unless i ask them to) what i do with my body. it is mine.
i refuse to blindly accept someone elses' perception ... i am capable of producing my own.

it is my belief that the state of confusion projected ... ie ... love=sex and sex=love
is the real problem.
as neither is true, why project it at all?

"red dress sacrifice"? sorry, i don't follow you there.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ARealandTrueAmerican
So, basically, some idiot in Georgia took something wildly out of context, tainted by his rabid anti-muslim paranoia.
Please, document out-of-context. I'd like to see this.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
When I was young , the TV showed Benny Hill , making fun of women and nuns.
Women burned their bras, and I saw many a nipple as a youngster because of this womens liberation war.
Now the women are covered head to toe if they are' muslim" whilst the western women say nothing ...they say nothing....because they were originally soviet mole puppets, but now the Russians want Muslim infiltration, and inavasion of western culture, so the bra burning movement , was never ever....going to start again and advocate .....Burkah burning.

Get it? ...nah it takes a bit of integrity and knowledge...sadly we are very much in the minority.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by Afterthought

I hate to sound like CHINA but personally I think all students should wear uniforms like they do in private schools and the boys and girls should be separated for classes so each could concentrate on studies.

Sorry but you only get one chance to learn for free.

You better get the most out of it.

I took my kids out of the uniform police crapola and would never allow them separted. I would rather they wore droopy bottoms and held hands in the hall. VIVA LA FREEDOM. EVIL IS EVIL AND ITS CALLED OPPRESSION.

I took my kids out of the uniform police crapola and would never allow them separted.

I know you are excited but is this even a sentence and if so what does it mean? "allow them separated?" anyway, like I said until there is proof the State actually sent this letter - you are shooting blanks into the wind. But it is good practice for when you get all the facts... so keep shooting at the cans here until they are all in.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

anyway, like I said until there is proof the State actually sent this letter - you are shooting blanks into the wind.

so, are you implying the email sent by Cobb County School district is irrelevant and doesn't qualify as 'proof'?

from the OPs link

On Friday afternoon, Regan got an email statement from a Cobb Schools saying the school district didn't create the materials, they were provided by the state
or were you just too lazy to read it??

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join