It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freed hikers: Iran held us because we

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I personally think that these 3 young people.....thought that they could do whatever they wanted...and no harm would come to them...because according to their way of thinking...they are in another country just sight seeing and hiking. I don't think their trip was planned very well.....(obviously - now).....and as a result....they tress-passed ...and did time in prison because of their (stupid mistake.)

I don't think they are spies and I don't think there was any hidden agendas.....but I do believe TPTB in the United States have questioned them about what they may have over-heard during their prison time.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Then apparently you dont know their story, they had been in country for a while on the Iraq side, freelance journalist, tracking down stories trying to hit the big one......

They didnt "wake up one morrning and decide to go for a hike"

They were however avid hikers, and were in an area that is known by many many backpackers and hikers and even has spots mapped out to stop and look at natural formations......

Im amazed at how many people dont know the story yet accuse these people of all kinds of nefarious deeds......

Speculation without facts is ignorance

whoa did no one else see this post?? they were freelance Journalists tracking down a big story.???

I would say they got their story didn't they. Even if they were avid hikers, as journalists, you cannot say they didn't know exactly where the border was. Hmm Journalists, cameras, close to border....I could see where they could be mis-identified as spies. And I would think the US citizens here would be a little put out at how much money it cost them to bail these jerks out....Journalists *blah* pffts

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The way i understood the situation was that yes they were hiking in the Iraq border mountains but the Iranians actually crossed over into Iraq to get them by several miles. In other words there were Iranians invading Iraq's borders and they just happened to snatch some hikers.

Is it just me or or does it seem like this hiker story is bullsh*t? Why the hell would anyone be hiking along a border that is most likely riddled with land mines and I.E.D.s? Either this story is legit and these people were really stupid enough to attempt this, or someone is lying. I find it hard to believe anyone could be this dumb.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by premierepastimes
Those hikers are either the biggest idiots in the world...or spies.
Iran should have kept them. Why would we want them back?

Have you all seen their pictures? They sure look like spies to me.
edit on 25-9-2011 by premierepastimes because: Added more

"They look like spies"

LMAO! You should patent that skill you have and get a monopoly on the counterintel department. You know what spies "look like".

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
I don't think they are spies and I don't think there was any hidden agendas.....but I do believe TPTB in the United States have questioned them about what they may have over-heard during their prison time.

Being journalists - - I would think they were probably asking questions - regular tourist wouldn't. And it raised suspicion.

It was stupid - if nothing else.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by buster2010

Those peeps were probably spies....

Right, the CIA sent in three WHITE Americans into Iran as spies...

That logic is crazy.

I am almost positive the CIA DOES have spies
in Iran. Ones that blend in with the people and culture..

They have spy satellites that can see over Iran.

It makes no sense they would send in unarmmed white people
with backpacks and no spy equipment to Iran of all places..

The CIA might be crazy, but there not dumb.

Why would you go hiking anywhere?
You must like doing it, people go hiking
in the Arizona desert, and try to climb mountains
in exotic places. The more exotic the more thrilling.
I think these hikers just got a little to much thrill.

If they were spies they would of been equipped to kill
any threat, and probably would of never been heard of.

If the Iran government really thought they were spies, Iran would
of erased them...

These people were used as political pawns by Iran.
edit on 26-9-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips

Originally posted by queenofsheba
reply to post by AllUrChips

Yeah, right, cough-cough....mm hmmm....that's why they looked all underweight. Where are you from? Your avatar doesn't say? Hmmm.......makes me wonder....

I'm not afraid to say where I'm from.
edit on 25-9-2011 by queenofsheba because: (no reason given)

Are you a woman or something? I can tell because you looking for an argument! Damn settle down I live in Denver if you must know. So why do you have such a hateful view of another human culture? Have you been there or just what you see on the news? You know I guarantee ANYBODY would radther be in an iranian prison than an american prison. There is no risk of being sodomized in iran they are above that believe it or not.

No risk of being sodomized? Where do you get this? Here's 2 articles about how "nice" their prisons are, one even includes rape of men and women...

www.huffingtonpost.com...
motherjones.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Lets hope they have some decent pictures to show for their troubles.

edit on 26/9/11 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Why has no one asked who paid the $500,000 a piece bail/ransom?
I saw there family on TV... extended family that is, they were not all Israelite looking, maybe one was Israelite looking, but no matter, the point is they did not look like they were Millionaires.
Did they pay the Bail/ransom??
Why has no one asked the question?
Yes, I read this entire thread and if I missed it please point it out to me.
I think the whole thing is to link Israel with America and as an American I am sick of Israels so called problems.

Thanks in advance, Rbrtj

edit on 26-9-2011 by rbrtj because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Anyone do research into these people? where'd they go to school and such? just wondering.

Found it, all three went to UC Berkeley,

Why am I not suprised. I wonder if they ever heard of a little thing called GPS. If these three are spies, the CIA is scraping the bottom of the barrel.
I do wonder who came up with the $1,000,000 for their "bail"?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Always follow the money, by the way do you have a link to the threesomes bio?
Rbrtj

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbrtj
Why has no one asked who paid the $500,000 a piece bail/ransom?
I saw there family on TV... extended family that is, they were not all Israelite looking, maybe one was Israelite looking, but no matter, the point is they did not look like they were Millionaires.
Did they pay the Bail/ransom??
Why has no one asked the question?
Yes, I read this entire thread and if I missed it please point it out to me.
I think the whole thing is to link Israel with America and as an American I am sick of Israels so called problems.

Thanks in advance, Rbrtj

edit on 26-9-2011 by rbrtj because: (no reason given)

According to this article, Oman paid the bail...

"The U.S. pair -- Josh Fattal and Shane Bauer -- flew out of Iran this week after Oman paid bail of $1 million and various foreign leaders intervened on their behalf."

www.reuters.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by buster2010

really, so youre telling me if youre on an unmarked border you would neve rmake a mistake.......

Give me a break, even avid hikers make mistakes, it happens all the time.......hence accidents etc etc.....

It just so happens that where they were headed wasnt a marked border, and thers NOTHING to say that the Iranian government didnt cross the line in detaining them anyway, whose to say they REALLY were across that border......

If youre going to accuse these kids of something like that it makes more sense to lay the blame on a regime that has a history of doing things like taking political prisoners..........

If the boarder is unmarked I have enough sense to stay well away from it. Common sense would tell a person if you are from another country and they have hostile relations with the country with a unmarked boarder then keep a good distance away from it.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
How unsurprising.. the Anti-Western mob once again accuses one group or another without any evidence at all. "What were they doing there?" You'd be surprised to see the lengths people travel to in order to 'see the world'. People also hike around China, are they spies aswell?

Like the gentleman in this page has stated - thinking the CIA will send 3 WHITE Americans into Iran on a spy mission is absolutely idiotic.

Might I add, that if these young people were indeed spies, they wouldn't have been released so fast, probably not in a couple of years.

But hey, are these puny facts suppose to stop you "fast thinkers" from accusing the US of anything? Apparently not. You're taking this whole "question everything" mentality way, WAY too hard, to an extent where your logic is no longer working. It's sad really.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryAlien

Ok thanks for the link, I thought I heard something on the news last night about Oman.
Iran has come along way since the seventies when they hi jacked full airplanes and ransomed them off.
I wonder if Italy would take $500,000 to let Amanda Knox go?
Rbrtj

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

that is exactly why they would make good spies... and if they get caught it is bad pr for iran...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Something odd is going on here. Scripts, smirks, and just plain nonsense means this has to be some propaganda.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swifty57
Why would you want to go hiking on the Iran/Iraq border ???

I guess they were trying for the "Dumb-ass of the year award". I mean, who going hiking in a war zone?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

have to agree that the female has a wierd snickering smile ,
she knows something the two males dont

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swifty57
Why would you want to go hiking on the Iran/Iraq border ???

I watched a documentary quite a few years ago about a group of British guys who liked to go on holiday to wartorn countries. I think they called them danger holidays or something. If I remember correctly they armed themselves and went hiking!
Crazy mo fos...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join