It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freed hikers: Iran held us because we

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swifty57
Why would you want to go hiking on the Iran/Iraq border ???

Because you are a spy?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swifty57
Why would you want to go hiking on the Iran/Iraq border ???

Why can't they? They probably hiked all the possible hiking area in the whole world and that they are only left with this place. For all I know they are passionate hikers, not spies sent from CIA to spy for America.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

peaceful Kurdish region

peaceful Kurdish region?
yea i am sure it is i am willing to bet they were nothing more then American undercover agents looking to get some information on the supposed nuclear power plants, alot of people on news sites arent buying there little story of been hikers.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by premierepastimes
Those hikers are either the biggest idiots in the world...or spies.
Iran should have kept them. Why would we want them back?

Have you all seen their pictures? They sure look like spies to me.
edit on 25-9-2011 by premierepastimes because: Added more

And if they were spies, what could they be trying to look at with nothing within long distances and on foot. They couldn't blend in, speak nor do just about anything but get caught.

Young and stupid making a really stupid move....

If they were spies.....they are still young and stupid making a totally worthless move.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Where these guys CIA? Who knows but we won't hear the end of it anytime soon.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

CIA NO,Mossad yes! They maybe American Citizens,but they are Israelies.They are not second generation Americans.That's for sure.I am not trying to be rascist or inflamitry.Just look at their physical features.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Just getting ready to post the same thing. I hate to say it but they look a little Jewish to me. Knowing all the rhetoric coming out of Israel and the US against Iran it's not a very good idea to go hiking on the border of Iran. I have not heard one television news program yet question them about what the hell they were doing. The Mossad is known to count on and use Jews from all over. It is an obligation.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by premierepastimes

Exactly what do spies look like??????????????????????

If these Americans were not Jewish, most of you would be crying foul play by the Iranians!

The Kurdish mountains is not a place I'd want to wander in to however I understand it's an incrediable spot to hike as is Napal and other interesting areas around the world.
edit on 26-9-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
What I want to know is who did they get in return from them?
That mysterious doctor lady? Someone at gitmo? Who?

Everytime I see or hear this story, I say "they still calling them hikers?"

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Who would Americans go hike in such a place .. its no logic .. are they suicidal ??
knowing they are very close to the Iranian border
hiking is just a cover up to hide their true identify .. CIA
that though they would be able to enter their agent undercover in Iran
for inteligence gathering

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Hi all, i watched the press conference given by the 2 lads involved and got the feeling that they were reading prepared scripts, i do not think that was there own words, although it may have partly conveyed how they actually felt about it. The reading was obvious for both , too much so in my opinion, if you had wrote a speech like that then you wouldnt have had to read half as much and you maybe would have just spoke about how you felt without a script your emotions would have just taken over.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

When you find proof, let us know before you go spouting off.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Ben81

When you find proof, let us know before you go spouting off.

A proof that they are CIA ?
it would explain a lot of thing
i have no proof .. my clearance is a level before Obama
he have access to all my conspiracy questions

but im just saying .. i wouldnt be surprise if they are CIA operatives
who goes hiking near Iran border ? no one especially not americans

im not confirming this to be a 100% factual .. so calm down my friend
there is more plausibility in my theory then the hiking theory
it is just a stupide excuse .. and thanks God for them .. Iran have believe it

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Yeah.. that is what I wondered. Why hike there? Why there? Why anywhere near the Iranian border? How about hiking across, I dunno, Europe? Italy? India? Any country but one we are at war with. Something is weird about it and honestly had it been the other way around we would have thought they were spies too probably.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba
reply to post by AllUrChips

Yeah, right, cough-cough....mm hmmm....that's why they looked all underweight. Where are you from? Your avatar doesn't say? Hmmm.......makes me wonder....

I'm not afraid to say where I'm from.
edit on 25-9-2011 by queenofsheba because: (no reason given)

This is what they looked like before they were arrested.

This is what they look like now.

They don't look like they have been starved or mistreated to me.

Its hard to starve hippies who are use to eating trail mix and granola three times a day

I do find it odd that they would choose that area to go hiking, but I'm just not sure I buy into the whole spy thing. If this is an example of our spies in this day and age, the CIA needs to be disbanded because they suck at training.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
my 2cents (more like a penny's worth)

1 - they "look" Jewish. I would love to know what group they belonged to which organized this hike.

2 - also re-iterating - Why the F would you want to go hiking on the Iraq/Iran border

3 - If it was 3 Iranian "hikers" who had crossed into the US, they'd have been detained, handcuffed, blindfolded, whisked away via a DHS Rendition flight to Guantanamo Bay where they've be coerced into supplying questionable information regarding their intentions using "advanced interrogation techniques" (sic: Torture) all the while having 0 contact with the outside world, family or government.

The MSM seems to have memory-block when it comes down to this

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Freed hikers: Iran held us because we

www.msnbc.msn.com

Two American hikers held for more than two years in an Iranian prison came home Sunday, ending a diplomatic and personal ordeal with a sharp rebuke of the country that accused them of crossing the border from Iraq. They declared that they were detained because of their nationality, not their actions, Their saga began in July 2009 with what they called a wrong turn into the wrong country. The three say they were hiking together in Iraq's relatively peaceful Kurdish region along the Iran-Iraq border when Iranian guards detained them. They always maintained their innocence, saying they might hav
(visit the link for the full news article)

Hkers my as*,how stupid can u be to cross border,even unmarked one,if u already know u are near border?? Well of course it is possible.BUt... I dont believe to those hikers anyway.They look "fishy",not like CIA agents,but CIA is know to recruit people who dont look like agents.
One question.... WHo the heck,goes hiking in the country that is in war,and it is bordering to your "enemy" country??? I mean i know hikers are nutts,bbut u must be or insane,or agent to get on that path.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Third picture look like a psycopath to me

hikers ? yeah right

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I can just imagine the movie...

-OK guys, where do we go hiking this year?

-Oh, I know! We invaded Irak, that would be a great place to hike; Irakis love us anyway, we delivered them!

-Wait, even better. There's this unclear border with Iran, that looks really cool. Iranians love us. If we meet some it'll be so cool!

-Hey man, you're a genius.

(Later in the movie)

-Purpose of your visit to Irak?

-Hiking.

-Hiking?

-Yeah, we want to go along the unclear border with Iran.

-Great idea folks! Go right in, have a ball, remember to take a lot of pictures. The American government is proud of citizens like you.

Great movie...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Iran has plenty of Americans, Brits, Australians, Westerners etc coming in and out of the country every day.

The idea that they were held for being American is a strange one, considering how many Americans there are in Iran that aren't imprisoned for years.

My gut instinct would be they were spies or in Iran for suspicious reasons. After all you don't just randomly imprison other innocent people for 3 years, with all the media attention and global scrutiny that comes with it.

If these people were spies I wouldn't expect them to admit as much, either. A few people will know the real truth. Wikileaks might come through with something but you never know

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Just a thought, if they where spies, wouldn't they have been caught with fake paperwork and such, so then the names they used would be fake, so these would still be covers, the ones they release to the media probably wouldn't of been real either.

Anyone do research into these people? where'd they go to school and such? just wondering.

Found it, all three went to UC Berkeley,

AND

1968 memo from Dr. Earl C. Bolton who, while serving as Vice President of the University of California at Berkeley, was secretly consulting for the CIA. The memo, widely circulated among U.S. universities, advises the use of duplicity and deception to hide CIA connection to the campuses. It also suggests lying about CIA involvement in university projects stating, "The real initiative might be with the Agency but the apparent or record launching of the research should, wherever possible, emanate from the campus."

So would seem Berkeley is one of the schools the CIA recruits from...
edit on 26-9-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join