It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Sounds, "Earth Groaning": a Biblical/Scientific Theory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Hey, everyone.

After reading many threads about the strange sounds coming from the earth (those odd waveform vibration sounds) and contributing to several, I thought I'd take the opportunity to outlay my own theory on the topic.

Now, my personal opinion on this is just that; opinion. While much of it derives from Biblical principles, I am not suggesting that this is necessary what the phenomena is, nor am I suggesting that the Bible teaches the view I am about to present. I do, however, find it to be an interesting correlation between the two, and think that the current state of our earth, and the clear and present evidence of systemic decay and entropy, provide a good base to suggest that what I'm presenting may very well have some truth to it. Anyway, read on. The following is an excerpt from an email I wrote to a friend, which contains my theory on the topic.

We had been discussing the various videos surfacing online with "Strange Sounds", such as the one below:

...and here is the theory.

It wouldn’t surprise me if it was the earth literally groaning.
The past couple of years have been a real eye-opener for me in terms of the literal nature of the Bible, so it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if creation was both figuratively AND literally groaning. After all, the book of Romans says that "Creation itself groans, awaiting its redemption at the hand of God"...

My thoughts up to this point have tended more toward scientific principles – e.g. one of my fundamental beliefs regarding the “nature of the universe” (e.g. the expansion of the universe, how planets function, how the sun generates heat etc.) is that everything that we see around us operates, at least to some extent, under the degenerative processes set in motion by sin. So, for example, the universe isn’t expanding so much as it is unravelling… the sun, while it does have clear evidence of nuclear processes, is also subject to gravitational collapse etc.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if the earth is literally being overburdened by sin. Whether that sin is related to the blood being spilled every day (and that wouldn’t be surprising, we know that the earth cries out to God over the blood of His children – why should that be merely figurative?), or sin in a broader sense, I don’t know, but it would be hardly surprising if either or both were the case.

In another sense though I wonder whether it’s a gravitational thing. We tend to take the laws of science and physics as being fixed constants – but the more we learn as a race, the more we explore, the less fixed and constant things seem to be. In fact, even this week science discovered that neutrinos move faster than the speed of light, which contradicts Einstein’s theory of relativity in a number of crucial ways. But these discoveries, rather than showing me that we’re simply wrong in what we believe about the universe, tend to suggest to me that the weight of sin has actually broken the fundamental structure of the universe. The rules that govern everything we know… are themselves falling into decay.

I don’t have any concrete or Biblical evidence to suggest that this is so, but I think it’s consistent with Biblical principles, and the more I read about the world around us the more I feel that it’s the case.

So perhaps, rather than, or in addition to, groaning over sin, the world itself is literally… falling into decay. The very fabric that holds our world together is stretched thin, and its effects are being felt everywhere. This might also explain the increase in earthquakes and natural disasters; the subtle expansion and retraction of our planet based on a form of gravitational collapse and/or compromise.

Anyway. That’s my theory… take it or leave it!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I'll take the Nibiru theory before I take the god one, I'm sorry. In the end, we'll be forced to make our own decisions.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

...I'm not entirely sure you need to apologise for that

As I say, this is written from a Biblical Worldview. Not everybody will agree with it (even some Christians won't, no doubt), and it *is* mere conjecture on my part. Regardless, it's something to think about
Thanks for contributing

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24

As I say, this is written from a Biblical Worldview. Not everybody will agree with it (even some Christians won't, no doubt), and it *is* mere conjecture on my part. Regardless, it's something to think about
Thanks for contributing

I was thinking it was the trumpets of the Apocalypse, I know some Christians that'll take the nibiru theory before this. It's actually mad, we don't know what to agree on. But the theory wasn't bad, but I'd believe the Angel trumpets before that one.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Very interesting theory for sure! I'm not sure how much I agree with it but I can see where your understanding of the nature of the universe comes from and certainly cannot prove your opinion wrong. Great post

I have contemplated the rumblings of the earth as well and I believe that the oil drilling that we have done all over the earth is responsible for some of this. I believe our planet relies on natural oils and lubricants to keep the earth shifting properly, similar to the way the human body lubricates our individual joints. I believe that we are using those lubricants of the earth and the planet is having a difficult time adjusting and shifting properly without the lubrication.

My ideas are just opinions as well and I certainly cannot prove them true but that is my two cents. Once again, nice post and I will be sure to follow it. Well, at least until all of the negative energy hits this thread

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

could well be as you say. doesn't everything moan/object to any burden beyond what it is capable of?
be it a baby or a piece of steel.

and love is what binds everything together. love is really at the heart of everything.

this planets inhabitants, with notable exceptions, is behaving increasingly negatively, and denying or deplacing love. hence the planet is groaning under the distinctly uncomfortable load. and thats just the beginning.

after all, if you have creatures living on you that make existence uncomfortable, you'll shake them off, or poison them, or terminate them in some way.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
'sin' is a moral imperative...and that stuff does not make the Earth (believed to be a spiritual force by Gnostics & Gaia adherents) groan... thats not in the Laws of Physics or the rules of the material universe

the Planet however might just be undergoing a structural change caused by the excessive heat generated by the inner core and outer core and the resultant changes generated in the Earth's layers of Mantle...

the miles thick 'crust' is being stressed, elasticated, pulled/crunched in unusual ways...from beneath !

the sciences of today cannot dutifully assess the metrics of these forces---mostly because this cyclical change in the 'health' of the planet has no known benchmark to compare with, only speculation or hypothesis'

best guess of the groaning/earthquakes is that new, hot mantle plumes are causing distress upon the ground beneath our feet... is that this period of transition preceeds all magnetic pole shifts thoughout geologic history...
along with the outgassing and multitudes of thermal vents discovered under sea

edit on 25-9-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack

Originally posted by Awen24

Thanks for contributing

I was thinking it was the trumpets of the Apocalypse, I know some Christians that'll take the nibiru theory before this. It's actually mad, we don't know what to agree on. But the theory wasn't bad, but I'd believe the Angel trumpets before that one.

...I've heard that theory too. The difficulty there is that Revelation is a systematic timeline. The angels' sounding of the trumpets (Revelation 8) contain specific signs and judgements, which are not currently occurring. They also occur during the period of the tribulation, a 7-year timeframe where God's wrath is poured out on the earth. That time is not yet... and will not occur until a treaty is made that allows Israel to rebuild the temple in Jerusalem (a treaty made by the person known as the Antichrist). I think there is a more natural phenomenon at work here.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Well you aren't alone with this theory. The wages of sin are far more reaching then most people can imagine.
Also IMO. Spot on. Snf

edit on 25-9-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
'sin' is a moral imperative...and that stuff does not make the Earth (a spiritual force) groan... thats not in the Laws of Physics

there are many laws that govern our universe. Physics comprises just a small part of that. I believe there are greater forces at work, forces that govern physics itself. Now, that doesn't necessarily discount physics, but I am suggesting that physics is in itself an observation of how the world operates, not the reason WHY it operates as it does. That is a greater force.

the Planet however might just be undergoing a structural change caused by the excessive heat generated by the inner core and outer core and the resultant changes generated in the Earth's layers of Mantle...

the miles thick 'crust' is being stressed, elasticated, pulled/crunched in unusual ways...from beneath !
the sciences of today cannot dutifully assess the metrics of these forces---mostly because this cyclical change in the 'health' of the planet has no known benchmark to compare with

best guess of the groaning/earthquakes/ new, hot mantle plumes causing distress upon the ground beneath our feet... is that this period of transition preceeds all magnetic pole shifts thoughout geologic history...

I certainly have no argument with that - there are clearly natural processes at work in this phenomenon. My theory is more about what is motivating those natural processes... in fact, you could argue that my theory centers more around the second law of thermodynamics than anything else. This is really all about entropy; only in a slightly different sense... viewing entropy as the result of spiritual consequences rather than merely a natural process or law that governs action and reaction.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Very possible, i was raised Russian Orthodox and i went through a stage of rebellion against it. Now that i am older and have experienced life and raising a family i understand better. There is a lot of garbage in this world at the present time, i do believe that we are falling off a cliff with no return. The science that so many atheists point to as fact are not fact, technology will not save humanity, it will destroy us and it already has to a large degree. The universe is very complex, all of these scientists cant even come up with a cure for cancer, what faith do you have that they will answer the origins of earth? They still teach the big bang theory even though it is riddled with holes and has already been debunked, human evolution has a ton of holes through it also but some continue to speak of it as a proven fact and not a theory. The point is that i will leave my options open, but my faith in man to answer the mysteries of the world we live in is ZERO.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

well that seems to be saying 'entropy' occurs because of the absence of a outside & superior force (spirituality/belief/faith are examples in the existential realm)...
i'm in the camp of purely organic/chemical/ cause-effect 'forces' not some mystical or poetic 'force-field' as you seem to propose...

natural forces, (even unexplained ones are completely responsible for 'changess')
perhaps mankinds thoughtful forces can bring about chaos in the social theatre of men... or even have men create thermo-nuclear devices which can alter the nature of our lives & biosphere...

but the spiritualized areas ...like the Law of Attraction...is only a ripple in the 'Continuium', best left to imaginations like the Star-Wars 'Force' and religious energies

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
reply to post by Awen24

well that seems to be saying 'entropy' occurs because of the absence of a outside & superior force (spirituality/belief/faith are examples in the existential realm)...
i'm in the camp of purely organic/chemical/ cause-effect 'forces' not some mystical or poetic 'force-field' as you seem to propose...

but the spiritualized areas ...like the Law of Attraction...is only a ripple in the 'Continuium', best left to imaginations like the Star-Wars 'Force' and religious energies

Well, as I said, this is where you and I are going to disagree. I'm not suggesting entropy occurs because of the absence of an outside and superior force at all. I'm suggesting that entropy occurs because those who were given the responsibility to "rule over the earth, and subdue it" sinned, casting the whole system into a degenerative process. So rather, those inside the system and in governance over it, have compromised its integrity and corrupted it.

As for spiritual things being seperate from natural things... I don't view the two as being intrinsically distinct, nor as part of the imagination... and I don't believe I'm being intellectually dishonest in that belief.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
After listening to that first Vid,.
First off it is very interesting how it stops when the child speaks and then the video
taker speaks.. Kinda seems to me that is a completely recorded sound being played
within the apartment of the video taker.
No one in the streets seemed to take any notice to the sound,.
also,. how is it that if this wasnt Very unusual,. it did not make any news?
secondly,. I dont see how this at all relates to the Bible as it appears a completely
person made sound.
I have watched other videos that have been recently made of "sounds in the air"
and again,. no news coverage? people would talk of these things and there is nothing
substantial to prove otherwise..
Sorry,. dont see the connection or plausibility.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

I agree with you on the Biblical Part as I have no other scientific method or such to explain such happens.Earth changes are all through the Bible. I enjoy reading all the different things on this site it is the best I have come across on events taking place in real time.

This is my first post however I have lurked for years, Please be kind.

Things to Come
Luke21: 10 Then He continued by saying to them, “Nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, 11 and there will be great earthquakes, and in various places plagues and famines; and there will be terrors and great signs from heaven.
12 “But before all these things, they will lay their hands on you and will persecute you, delivering you to the synagogues and prisons, [h]bringing you before kings and governors for My name’s sake. 13 It will lead to an opportunity for your testimony. 14 So make up your minds not to prepare beforehand to defend yourselves; 15 for I will give you utterance and wisdom which none of your opponents will be able to resist or refute. 16 But you will be betrayed even by parents and brothers and relatives and friends, and they will put some of you to death, 17 and you will be hated by all because of My name. 18 Yet not a hair of your head will perish. 19 By your endurance you will gain your lives.

20 “But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then recognize that her desolation is near. 21 Then those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains, and those who are in the midst of the city must leave, and those who are in the country must not enter the city; 22 because these are days of vengeance, so that all things which are written will be fulfilled. 23 Woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days; for there will be great distress upon the land and wrath to this people; 24 and they will fall by the edge of the sword, and will be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled under foot by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

The Return of Christ
25 “There will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth dismay among nations, in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the waves, 26 men fainting from fear and the expectation of the things which are coming upon the world; for the powers of [r]the heavens will be shaken. 27 Then they will see THE SON OF MAN COMING IN A CLOUD with power and great glory. 28 But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”
29 Then He told them a parable: “Behold the fig tree and all the trees; 30 as soon as they put forth leaves, you see it and know for yourselves that summer is now near. 31 So you also, when you see these things happening, recognize that the kingdom of God is near. 32 Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all things take place. 33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away.

34 “Be on guard, so that your hearts will not be weighted down with dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of life, and that day will not come on you suddenly like a trap; 35 for it will come upon all those who dwell on the face of all the earth. 36 But keep on the alert at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are about to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

37 Now during the day He was teaching in the temple, but at evening He would go out and spend the night on the mount that is called Olivet. 38 And all the people would get up early in the morning to come to Him in the temple to listen to Him.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by judydawg

You have been a member since 04 and this is your first post?
on a weak theory at best? wow,.
the sounds posted about are not even Global..
yikes..

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I agree with you,the same thing has occurred to me and many top scientists are now saying outloud that the earth is a living organism, i thought the bible was a load of bunk until i read the the Books of Enoch now that I know how to read it it makes perfect sense

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
First off it is very interesting how it stops when the child speaks and then the video
taker speaks.. Kinda seems to me that is a completely recorded sound being played
secondly,. I dont see how this at all relates to the Bible as it appears a completely
person made sound.
and again,. no news coverage? people would talk of these things and there is nothing

...you can safely ignore a single video on the topic. The one I posted isn't there for analysis, it's just a single example of literally hundreds of them, occurring in many various places across the world. There has also been News Coverage (though nothing I've seen through MSM in the West - I'm aware of news reports from the Ukraine and so on). As for being a "person made sound", I could buy that explanation if this were a one-off, or even one of several videos. But the reports of this phenomenon are all over the place right now - even among ATS users. All you have to do is look.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
person made sound.

I noticed that to drummer, but still being of like mind to the OP I couldn't help but simply agree. That dosn't cast
judgement either way on any of the other recordings, but I find them all hard to trust.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Well then,.
Time will tell then,.
the Bible has been referenced for everything that is explainable,.
so I will stand by "Give this Time and it will reveal itself"
I for one dont see this as global.
there have been people that claimed chinese lanterns were UFO's
and the facts were sought out.
we will see

top topics

<<   2 >>

join