It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Sounds, "Earth Groaning": a Biblical/Scientific Theory

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I tend to take the more skeptic view till proof is revealed.
I dont travel well on faith or writtings from a book that has been rewritten many times over.
I have had my conversations with the "spirit being" many times and have had answers shown to me
so I am not a non believer,.
I just dont jump on bible band wagon everytime something seems a mystery.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
reply to post by randyvs

I dont travel well on faith or writtings from a book that has been rewritten many times over.
I have had my conversations with the "spirit being" many times and have had answers shown to me

And that is exactly as I know and accept you my good man.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Yeah, seriously. Don't waste time posting on ATS. I did it once a while back as well. Waste of time. If SHTF, ATS is the last place I will post a warning, The members will only insult your intelligence and call you names. You wouldn't actually save anybody

I believe the majority of the people on here believe that the MSM is garbage but they will still only believe you if you cite a source from the MSM.

However, I haven't found a better site so I just read the posts and rarely comment(today is the exception)
It's really too bad. I could probably pass on some pretty good information too but why? Waste of time unless you are the first to post a story that the MSM has already picked up on. Then stars and flags for you for regurgitating information onto ATS!

p.s. I love you guys

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by premierepastimes

I will say that ATS is a great source for info and learning,.
there is just a GREAT weeding process..

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

reply to post by randyvs

hmm. Evidence shows that the Bible is anything but "rewritten many times over" (e.g. www.godandscience.org...).

With that said though... I did state at the beginning that this is theory and conjecture on my part. I brought this up because I think it's something interesting, and worth consideration. I don't require you, or anyone else to agree with me, but created the thread to get input and to hear ideas from others. So, agree or not, your input is appreciated

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

What is your idea?

The sounds are Global read some more you missed it. By your standards it may be weak but others take it as truth. I am happy I got to share with you something you might not had known.

I believe we are here in the Bible...Mathew 24:7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes. 8 But all these things are merely the beginning of birth pangs.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
In a world were the centre of the universe is the human mind, corruption is the key to destruction. It is not the earth that is screaming it is our souls. For to long the human race has been disconnected for it surroundings.

ALS
edit on 25-9-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24

reply to post by randyvs

hmm. Evidence shows that the Bible is anything but "rewritten many times over" (e.g. www.godandscience.org...).

With that said though... I did state at the beginning that this is theory and conjecture on my part. I brought this up because I think it's something interesting, and worth consideration. I don't require you, or anyone else to agree with me, but created the thread to get input and to hear ideas from others. So, agree or not, your input is appreciated
I did ,. and
will wait to see what surfaces to add more,.
Bible hasnt been updated? oh please..

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by judydawg

as you are entitled to your opinions, I am to mine,.
a water spout was thought to be the hand of god bringing fish
when it could have been a simple coincidence, as they happen often today.
Now though I would like to continue this fun,.
I have sheep to heard tomorrow, so,. till we meet again,.
goodnight..

edit on 25-9-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
While I agree that there is more to this then meets the eye... or ear as the case may be, due to all the different reports of this happening, it is at the same time a good idea to examine each of the cases as they stand alone and as they fit together.

This particular sound in the video does sound like a ship horn. Kiev does have a harbour, they get a good deal of small-medium type craft into through the fairly robust river that runs to the black sea. So river traffic IN THIS CASE cannot be ruled out. That said, the weather in the video seems fairly clear. Not being a nautical captain, I wouldn't know the procedure to blowing your horn whilst traveling on a clear day (or a foggy one for that matter).

But in relation the the possibility of it being a horn, it would be nice to know where the video was taken. The sound seems a bit off from a straight up horn. The rise and fall of the tone feels off. But that said, the location would be nice, because then it might be a indication of how far away from the harbor it is. With that in mind, we could decide whether the sound traveling that far through a urban center would distort it that far.

If this one does prove legit, it is a excellent capture of a strange sound phenomenon.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I take that point, but like I stated earlier, I wasn't really offering that video up for examination, so much as using it as an example of the kind of phenomena that have been observed across the world, in many various places and at different times... including numerous reports from ATS members, which you can see around the board.

As for a ship horn...
I doubt it, very much. The video in question is far too long, and the sound far too regular to be a ship's horn. I live in a port city myself, so I'm familiar with the sound. Ships have specific reasons for sounding their horns, they don't do so for 10 minute stints (that, in fact, is illegal), and they don't have that same waveform element to them.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Awen - thank you for sharing your theory with us. I know that you were reticent about posting your opinion and took a lot of time and thought into preparing what you wanted to say. It is a shame that some chose to criticize you; however, this is a possibility whenever one authors a thread, especially one dealing with principles involving Biblical interpretation or prophecy. These are particularly ripe for mockery because it is such a difficult topic for most people to remain open minded about.

As for me, I could not profess to know enough about the Bible to either argue or advocate any of your specific theories but I believe that I understand the general concept of what you are saying and can address the broader theme. As I have open-mindedly read through many of the other poster's comments, I would ask that you all do the same for me.

I tend to look at things from more of a spiritual than religious realm but I believe that they are two synonymous words. I personally don't believe in one all knowing deity; my belief lies in the theory of a collective consciousness that is made up of the energy of everything on earth, whether it be animate or inanimate. I believe that this energy is all interconnected and that our separate consciousnesses are capable of affecting the greater one if the intent or emotion is great enough and on a large enough scale. The easiest way to describe it is to give a name to this consciousness and for this explanation, I choose Mother Earth; after all, what is nature but the collective energy of all living things. So, in my mind, the collective consciousness is what some would refer to as God. My God is made up of energy which has both light and vibrational energies. Is it really any mystery that the anomalies being reported around the word consist of sound (think of a tuning fork being affected by vibrations).

With that said, many have commented in the past about my signature which is a line from a song written by Todd Rundgren. I personally consider Todd to be a genious; not just because of his talent or the innovations he has brought to his craft, but because when you listen to the words he writes, it is evident that he is an enlighted individual. The following are the words from a song which I equate to the message being presented by the OP. I believe it is universal and can be applied and understood on either a religious or spiritual basis:

Gaya's Eyes
Gaya's crying, can't you hear her crying
Like a whisper, oh so very soft and low
If you listen, underneath the status quo
Will she still be friends and once again
Pardon our ignorance?
Can we make ammends so near the end?
Is there no second chance?

No one hears when Gaya cries
No one cares to wonder why
Can't they see the tears in Gaya's eyes?
Gaya's crying (yes she is)

Selfish children, greedy little children
Took her loving and gave her nothing in return
Like invaders, everything is slash and burn
Count up every face and every race
That we will never see
Count the human ache we can't escape
The tears are for you and me

As her lovely green eyes
Turn black
And her pretty blue dress
Turn black
And her gentle red lips
Turn black
Everything that she has
Turn black
And is it too late?
Turn back
Is it too late?
Turn back
Is it too late?

No facts of life, no birds and bees
Can't see the forest, can't see the trees
Oh pitiful capricious lies
That hide the tears in Gaya's eyes

So do I believe it's possible that the earth or the collective consciousness (soul) which makes up the earth might be groaning? Yes I do. Do I believe that we have long ago set in motion a series of events which are slowly destroying ourselves because we are all interconnected? Yes I do. Do I believe there's a way to fix these mistakes? Perhaps but I do not know. Do I believe that this was foretold in the Bible? I have no idea but respect the feelings of those who do.

What's important is that something is happening - we all feel it in our own unique way and there's really no denying it. Is it beyond plausibility to dismiss the fact that the groaning is coming from a universal consciousness that his been toxified and stretched to the limits by human neglect and arrogance? Absolutely, and lastly, do I believe that there is any conceivable way for us to know, with certainty, that this is the case before it is somehow reveiled to us? No I do not.

It's part of the human condition to want to explore and discuss these types of things but we need to be able to do so with compassion and respect for each other's opinions. Although I don't call my beliefs by the same names as you do, Awen, I can still look at them from your perspective and I personally don't think there's much difference between what the two of us are saying.

S&F to you for sharing your opinion.

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

i agree and i wish people would take this to heart, because if we all or most do, God would give us more time, and he would love the fact that people are repenting and trying to change for him... but no one wants to repent... If we did i believe alot of the stuff thats going on in the world wud stop

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Could this be the groaning?
Romans 8:
19The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed. 20For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21thati the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.

22We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. 24For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? 25But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God’s will

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I think so.
I have no doubt that there are natural and geological explanations for these things, but in terms of the ultimate cause and motivation behind those, I think Romans sums it up perfectly.

Now obviously this is all conjecture, but the sounds that we're hearing certainly sound... otherworldly to me. They're quite ethereal and... well, certainly mysterious. I've heard some other interesting theories on these things lately, a few of which center around interdimensionality; the intrusion of one dimension upon another, perhaps even the breakdown of our own dimension) and those are certainly interesting.

I guess time will tell what these things are... but in the meantime it's interesting to discuss them

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

What we really know, is that this is happening due to post glacial rebound. We are having uplift of large masses of earth due to the realignment of these masses from the change of pressure and weight resulting in loss of ice on the poles. We went from the earth looking oblate to almost perfectly round in a rather short period of time. As the magnetic poles shift the land masses also follow the change. To what degree this will continue we do not know, but the last thing I read indicated that it would take at least another 10,000 years to regain it's equilibrium. We are seeing huge tears in the lithosphere that are happening all over the planet. Michigan, Peru, India, Pakistan, Africa and Mexico to name a few. What you are hearing is tremendous releases of energy from the earth and then moving up into the atmosphere, hence most reports say the sound is non local. It is ominous to say the least.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bwcawaterbear
reply to post by Awen24

What we really know, is that this is happening due to post glacial rebound. We are having uplift of large masses of earth due to the realignment of these masses from the change of pressure and weight resulting in loss of ice on the poles. We went from the earth looking oblate to almost perfectly round in a rather short period of time. As the magnetic poles shift the land masses also follow the change. To what degree this will continue we do not know, but the last thing I read indicated that it would take at least another 10,000 years to regain it's equilibrium. We are seeing huge tears in the lithosphere that are happening all over the planet. Michigan, Peru, India, Pakistan, Africa and Mexico to name a few. What you are hearing is tremendous releases of energy from the earth and then moving up into the atmosphere, hence most reports say the sound is non local. It is ominous to say the least.

Source please?
I'd like to read that!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by premierepastimes

Yeah, seriously. Don't waste time posting on ATS. I did it once a while back as well. Waste of time. If SHTF, ATS is the last place I will post a warning, The members will only insult your intelligence and call you names.
p.s. I love you guys

My thoughts exactly. When I first joined ATS I shared some of my theories which were received unkindly. I took offence at first but later I learned it was a learning experience. It gave me thicker skin, which made me more discrete in my speculative discussions here on ATS and in my personal life. I still love reading interesting threads here anyway. I'm not one of those rude skeptics that bash everybody all the time. However, their criticism refines our novel ideas. None of these critics have ever moved me away from my original concepts but they have helped me with some clarity on them.

One thing I have learned here is that you don't want to spill the beans if you have some real secrets worth treasuring. Never throw pearls to swine. Be careful the swine may squeal, by stealing your secret and making it their own.

I want to add a contribution to this thread on the topic at hand. Another poster mentioned some scriptures in Matthew 24. One of those scriptures has an encoded secret. A number of passages mentioned by Jesus there was meant to apply to that time period but some were meant for the distant future. The trick is to figure out which one is which or if there are some to be both present (Jesus' time) and future.

Without giving away the secret outright I will give clues as to which one it is. Only Matthew, Mark and Luke mention it and two of them give a strange warning about it. A person outside Jesus' flock would never guess the cryptic passage and only those with special perception would know its application when it was staring them in the face. The end time application will be the same. You need to have some inside scoop to understand what is happening when it happens.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
here is a video i found that i thought was a reasonable explanation.

sorry i cant embed so here is link.

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join