It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Lost 30 lbs In A Week, I Need (Serious -Please-) Opinions

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Hey ATSers, about a week ago, I got sick and tired of looking frumpy. I am over 50. I decided to ABOLISH all GRAIN. I was only eating fruits and vegetables. For real. After a few days, I ate like a deprivation dieter, because after all grains were out of my system, I lost my appetite to pig out. This evening, I found out that I am MINUS 30 pounds. I'm not kidding you, I am not exaggerating, I am not lying to you.
I have NOT been constantly pooping and peeing, but my number two has been big and fluffy. Is all.
HOWEVER. All day today, I have been feeling week and dizzy, like a dying person who drank beer. I also have a headache, and have been feeling cold, then hot.
So I ran to the store and bought some fresh though lean, meat. Beaf, turkey, and chicken. I got them home and made myself try and pig out on them, but I still feel the same.

Is there a Conspiracy going on here? Did the PTB make all the grains to put us as obese sheeple, and also addictive? I do not crave grain right now, but I SUSPECT if I were to eat a slice of bread and a bowl of cereal, this weirdness would stop.

Please let me know what you all think, I'm not in the mood for cuteness, as I don't feel well. THANKS, and as Dutchsinse always says, "Much Love".

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Very odd, because while I lost some serious weight after stopping all grains (been grain free for 5 months after being diagnosed with Celiacs) I have never felt better. Something else is going on with you, and it doesn't have to do with grains.

link   
reply to post by simone50m

I don't mean to burst your bubble, but for a healthy individual, 30lb is not possible to lose in a week.
Chances are you are either inactive, have extremely poor eating habits, or it's all water weight.

But congrats either way. 30lb off feels great (take it from someone who is over 300lb, lol)

Also, there is a reason for this, it is called ketogenic dieting en.wikipedia.org...

The downside to a ketogenic diet, is that you are burning both muscle and fat. Muscle comes off quickly, which is why you initially lose a ton of weight.
Your body is eating the muscle for the nutrients you get from carbohydrates
edit on 24/9/11 by SpongeBeard because: (no reason given)

link   
Are you extremely thirsty?

edit on 083030p://bSaturday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

You need some protein. Could be your body adjusting to lack of it or going all out vegetarian. Great job on the weight loss.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Not an expert but I would say that
is a lot of weight to lose in one
week. The diet most likely cleaned
out your system and you may be
lacking in a nutrient that is needed
to make you feel better. I suggest
you just start eating again a little at
a time - don't think about overeating
- just a little, meat and veggies to
start. You wouldn't have the flu would
you? Do you have a fever? If it continues
I think you should call your doctor.
Get well soon!
edit on 24-9-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

link   
What you need is a healthy diet which consists of meat, grains, vegetables, fruits, milk products, and healthy fats. Crash dieting is no good on the system. If you go vegetarian, there is a certain vitamin you must take that a vegetarian diet lacks. Still, losing that much that quickly is alarming. I would check with a physician.

link   
Hmmm I don't know really, but sorry you are feeling so bad
Maybe you could try to eat a little bit of whole grain cereal, I know the processed stuff is bad for you but a little bit of the the whole grain stuff is good for you. Other than that I don't really know.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Nope, my thirst level has decreased, actually, Now that I think of it, thanks to you, I have --hardly-- been drinking fluids, I just didn't want to.
Maybe I should right now, go get a big glass of water and force myself to drink it, and see what that does.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Your blood sugar/glucose could be off to a serious degree from the quick switch off of carbs (which the body processes as sugars). You need to add some protein and carbs back into your diet. Also, be aware of your thyroid gland. If you lost that much weight, perhaps you are hyperthyroid as well and producing too much thyroid hormone, which will rev up your metabolism but also make you feel ill. Your liver might be having issues, as per the fluffy stuff, and that could be causing problems. Anything drastic on the body can cause one or more parts to go out of kilter.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
You have to eat at least nuts or beans for protein if you don´t eat meat. Or else it could be dangerous. Please go to the doctor and tell them what happened. Take care!

All the best,
Ruby

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Definitely drink plenty of water, your electrolytes may be off, so you may need something like Gatorade.

link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

You and the others make sense, maybe I went too extreme, and I flushed something out of me, and now I'm sick because of it.

link   
You will feel drained and more tired for the first week or two. You body may be going through withdrawal symptoms and it takes a lot of energy to heal. Many people report they sleep more when they first go gluten free. If you try it for several months and you are still feeling run down then maybe you are missing some vitamins you need. Have your doctor check thyroid as well as iron levels, and Vitamin levels.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Nope, my thirst level has decreased, actually, Now that I think of it, thanks to you, I have --hardly-- been drinking fluids, I just didn't want to.
Maybe I should right now, go get a big glass of water and force myself to drink it, and see what that does.

OH yes, I am sure you are dehydrated, if you haven't been drinking, I bet you lost a lot of water weight, I hear the first ten pound is always water weight,

Start eating more too, don't pig out that might make it worse, I imagine you getting hypoglycemic too,

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I can't keep up with the good knowledgeable advice here, it's coming fast, But I am reading everything, and it all makes good medical sense, I truly truly appreciate all.

link   
no carbs = atkins diet = flu like symptoms for first few weeks

link   
I for one tend to get a bit leery when people seek medical advice on ATS. Albeit centered around nutrition, ATS truly is not the forum for this. I think you should separate the two. If you feel there is a legitimate conspiracy with the grain products that are being consumed by Americans then by all means pursue that in this forum.

However, your personal accounts of weight loss due to this recent change in diet is truly something you should consult a verified professional with. Good luck in both endeavors nonetheless.

link   

Originally posted by calstorm
Definitely drink plenty of water, your electrolytes may be off, so you may need something like Gatorade.

That's a good idea

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It really sounds like your dying :O

You need protein in your diet, lentils, beans, mushrooms, nuts, chicken, fish etc

Get a good recipe book and have some fun cooking.

p.s It might be wise to go to the doctor, your weight loss doesn't sound right.
edit on 24-9-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join