link   
Dehydration

Symptoms
By Mayo Clinic staff

Mild to moderate dehydration is likely to cause:

Dry, sticky mouth
Sleepiness or tiredness — children are likely to be less active than usual
Thirst
Decreased urine output — no wet diapers for three hours for infants and eight hours or more without urination for older children and teens
Few or no tears when crying
Dry skin
Headache
Constipation
Dizziness or lightheadedness

Severe dehydration, a medical emergency, can cause:

Extreme thirst
Extreme fussiness or sleepiness in infants and children; irritability and confusion in adults
Very dry mouth, skin and mucous membranes
Lack of sweating
Little or no urination — any urine that is produced will be dark yellow or amber
Sunken eyes
Shriveled and dry skin that lacks elasticity and doesn't "bounce back" when pinched into a fold
In infants, sunken fontanels — the soft spots on the top of a baby's head
Low blood pressure
Rapid heartbeat
Rapid breathing
No tears when crying
Fever
In the most serious cases, delirium or unconsciousness

this is what it sounds like to me

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Check your blood sugar. It sounds like you might be hypoglycemic:

While there is some degree of variability among people, most will usually develop symptoms suggestive of hypoglycemia when blood glucose levels are lowered to the mid 60's. The first set of symptoms are called adrenergic (or sympathetic) because they relate to the nervous system's response to hypoglycemia. Patients may experience any of the following;
* nervousness,
* sweating,
* intense hunger,
* trembling,
* weakness,
* palpitations, and
* often have trouble speaking.

In most patients, these symptoms are easily recognizable. The vast majority of patients with diabetes only experience this degree of hypoglycemia if they are on medications or insulin. Patients (with diabetes or who have insulin resistance) with high circulating levels of insulin who fast or lower their carbohydrate intake drastically should also be cautioned. These individuals may also experience modest hypoglycemia.
www.medicinenet.com...

Have you been keeping a food diary? Also, do you have any underlying medical conditions? Adopting an entirely new diet over a very short span of time is probably not a very good idea either. I think it might be a bit of a shock for the body.

Hope you feel better soon!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I like what you are doing OP but my advice is

buy a new scale, that one's broke.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Yeah summer, I think you are right, because, all day, I kept thinking about when drug addicts or alcoholics go "cold turkey". Didn't Amy Winehouse die because of that, with alcohol?

But like the other posters said, I think I threw my blood sugar and metabolism and electrolytes out of whack.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Astrithr

That sounds like it Astrithr, I had this hypoglycemic thing happen. Everything listed there, (except the intense hunger) has been me all day today.
edit on 24-9-2011 by simone50m because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I'd highly recommend seeing a physician. Make sure you don't have something else going on. Major weight loss and/or gain is often an actual medical condition. Don't mess with it. Promise, I personally know. I lost 20 lbs in one week and it turned out I had a parasite.
edit on 24-9-2011 by CeeRZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

But like the other posters said, I think I threw my blood sugar and metabolism and electrolytes out of whack.

I think you did too, I have been dieting too and I was having some similar symptoms even though I was drinking I wasn't eating much,

I feel better since I am eating better,

It might take a few days to get yourself back to normal, remember we aint as young as we use to be, I am 61, we need to be more conservative.

good luck

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Did you have a baby???

~Morpheus

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

I have also been experiencing those things you list. I must be dehydrated as well. Strange, I don't crave to dring fluid. Should I make myself do so then?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

I have also been experiencing those things you list. I must be dehydrated as well. Strange, I don't crave to dring fluid. Should I make myself do so then?

Yes get something to drink start pushing fluids, do you have any orange juice?
edit on 083030p://bSaturday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Hello. I have been gluten free (gluten is in wheat, barley, oats, rye) since last February. I realized I was either allergic or sensitive to it for many years, but didn't realize it. Once I gave it up, I felt immediately better. I had been pretty sick for a long time and no one couldn figure out what it was. I actually had neurological problems from it.

Some of the benefits are yes, normal number twos! But loss of weight. Less fatigue. Improves reflux for those that have it. Less acid in the body. Better sleep...the list goes on.

They think that 1 in 133 Americans are gluten sensitive and don't know it.

It's hard to give it totally up because they put wheat in medicines, ice cream, soups---just about everything. To be totally gluten free, you have to really read labels and know what you're doing.

There's a good book out now---it's called Wheat Belly. It talks about the reality of wheat and gluten products....you should really read it.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

In fact I have (a neglected) carton of orange juice. Well thats a pretty vicious insidious trick of nature, for dehydration to make you not thirsty, likes it's trying....to harm.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
You are probably hypoglycemic, dehydrated and detoxing - that would explain the way you feel, not the weight loss.
edit on 24-9-2011 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
Hey ATSers, about a week ago, I got sick and tired of looking frumpy. I am over 50. I decided to ABOLISH all GRAIN. I was only eating fruits and vegetables. For real. After a few days, I ate like a deprivation dieter, because after all grains were out of my system, I lost my appetite to pig out. This evening, I found out that I am MINUS 30 pounds. I'm not kidding you, I am not exaggerating, I am not lying to you.
I have NOT been constantly pooping and peeing, but my number two has been big and fluffy. Is all.
HOWEVER. All day today, I have been feeling week and dizzy, like a dying person who drank beer. I also have a headache, and have been feeling cold, then hot.
So I ran to the store and bought some fresh though lean, meat. Beaf, turkey, and chicken. I got them home and made myself try and pig out on them, but I still feel the same.

Is there a Conspiracy going on here? Did the PTB make all the grains to put us as obese sheeple, and also addictive? I do not crave grain right now, but I SUSPECT if I were to eat a slice of bread and a bowl of cereal, this weirdness would stop.

Please let me know what you all think, I'm not in the mood for cuteness, as I don't feel well. THANKS, and as Dutchsinse always says, "Much Love".

I worked as a strength and conditioning coach for 5+ years, and dealt with this a number of times. Take from this what you will, if you have more questions feel free to pm me.

What it sounds like you did, was cut your caloric consumption by well over 50%, by only eating fruits and veggies, which contain far fewer calories than processed food, or really anything which falls into the unhealthy category. What would really help, is if you told me what you were eating on a daily basis before hand.

When you're only eating fruits and veggies, after cutting out everything else, you will retain far less water. In fact, your body most likely has been flushing itself the past few weeks. That is where most of the weight loss comes in. Unhealthy, fatty, or processed food causes everyone to retain water. It is not uncommon for someone to switch to a healthy diet, all natural foods, and end up dropping 7-10lbs of water weight in just a few days. Although, because of the low caloric consumption, you have lost muscle as well.

Now, while you're eating healthy, natural food, I will not say your diet is healthy. You need healthy fats and proteins, which you aren't getting. Something as simply as adding eggs and nuts would help. I'm going to guess that your caloric consumption is far too low. That is why you don't feel well. On top of that, your glycogen storage, which is fuel for your muscles, is not getting replenished. That adds to the feeling of feeling "weak".

I don't know why you cut all grains out of your diet. Some are healthy, and needed. Find bread which is 100% whole grain, or 100% whole wheat. Cutting chips, white bread, crackers, and the like would make sense if you're trying to eat healthier, as they are all processed. But natural, 100% whole grain is a must for a healthy diet.

What you have basically done to your body, is depleted all its energy, and energy sources, flushed all the excess water out of your system, flushed out your intestinal track, which is the cause of most of the weight loss, but also left your muscles starving, negated any positive energy source, and put your body in a state where it is constantly trying to recover, and does not have the nutrients to get the job done.

Imagine running a marathon, and only having a bagel afterwards. Your body will break down. It will crash. It will not be repaired without proper nutrition, and caloric intake. Your body is fighting to recover, from the lack of nutrients it has received, but doesn't have the necessary nutrients to repair itself.

I don't know why you cut grains out of your diet. But you didn't replace those calories with anything. Also don't know what you ate before. What you're doing is not healthy. Increase your caloric intake immediately, while resting. I couldn't tell you what foods to eat, or not eat without knowing more. Hope this helps.
edit on 24-9-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MorpheusUSA

Ha ha if I had a baby, I'd be Mary from the New Testement riencarnated. (Well, I'm not non-deflowered, but it's been a generation, abouts....)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

ATS should never be used as a replacement for your local doctor. I suggest you give your doc a call and tell him what you told us.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Hi thanks. My mother told me to drop grains, because she did, many years ago, and lost weight. (It was a temporary diet for her though, not a permanent change.)

Here is what I was eating prior to this. Pizzas of all kinds, resteraunt and frozen. Cereals, breads, snacks.
I HATE vegetables.
But decided to make myself eat them.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I believe vitamin B12 is what you can't get with a strictly vegetarian diet.

Vitamin supplements not required with nutritious yeast - I believe RedStar is the (only?) recommended nutritious yeast that includes this.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
yes you should, your body needs fluids to work properly. here more info from the mayo clinic.
two pages long but some good info.

How Much Water Should You Drink Everyday

Hope this helps

I fixed the link
edit on 24-9-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Yeah there is something about me and yeast, cuz everything I pigged out on and craved, was yeast loaded. And I felt great! Just disgusting/frumpy..........

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join