It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican: the party of ignorance and greed?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
No, what you need to do is read the information I provided with a logical mind and not the over-emotional defense mechanism of shutting out the truth. Try it.

Why do I need to read the information you provided at all? It is bad enough I did it at all but now you want me to do it more diligently? What about what you provided had nothing to do with anything I was talking about do you not understand?
How much and for how long is a REALLY SIMPLE question and NONE of what you provided answered either. It is all about social engineering and communism. It seems like you just have one thing you really need to push and are pretending it somehow applies to me or anything I said just for the chance to push it some more.

If you cannot explain why it is relevant after this many tries then please give up on it. In a thread about you guys embracing ignorance how does it work out when I have to repeat very simple questions over and over again just to make them understood and I still fail.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FallenWun

To understand what is going on in the educational system, one needs to go back to the introduction of the Dewey system.www.sntp.net...
Unfortunately it started at Yale University where the Russell Trust was set up and the influence of the Secret Society Skull and Bones was prevalent. Antony Sutton writes about this in his book, "America's Secret Establishment", in a memo called, How the Order Controls Education.
Dewey introduced a system of reading called the "Look-Say" method, which was really for deaf-mutes. Interestingly, John Dewey opposed the Montessori method dewey.area24.net...

Here's something on Values Clarification
www.catholicculture.org...

OBE is better than values clarificaton, but if the NEA is engineering what goes into the curriculum based on the Progressive agenda, then what does it make what the standards of measurement produce?

Everything since the inception of the Dewey system has contributed to the downfall of the educational system. Progressives have especially injected their own values into education using values clarificaton.
Everythng is geared toward making children cogs in society, controlled by the State.
edit on 25-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

It is bad enough I did it at all

If you have read anything I posted (links I mean), it seems to be so with a mind to oppose everything I say. You cannot see what the Progressives are doing with education.
It is true what they say, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

Why do I need to read the information you provided at all

You do not have to read anything at all. If you read anything that is the best I could hope for. I just suggested that instead of taking the tack that there has to be a defensive posture, just take the information in and mull it around with logic and reasoning. To do that, you would have to be open-minded enough to analyze it without a bias.
The control of education is really on both sides of the aisle, but the trend is Progressive.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

In a thread about you guys embracing ignorance how does it work out when I have to repeat very simple questions over and over again just to make them understood and I still fail.

All this means is that you believe your opinion to be right, and the rest of our opinions worthless, so you must keep repeating it so that you can beat us over the head with it like a blunt instrument.
Repeating things can bring home a point, or it can be a useless effort at convincing someone your opinion means something.
I have shown you what the Progressive agenda is in education and you refuse to accept that. OBE is more like a standard of measurement, and that's fine, but if you are measuring how much Progressive slop gets shoveled into the brain, what good is it? See what I mean?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Democrat: The party of naivete and irresponsibility?

Second line.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Also, in simplicity, the McGuffy readers were replaced by the Dick and Jane books

en.wikipedia.org...

Pick up any contemporary childs storybook and compare with something like Beatrix Potter.

Anyway, it's been a lively chat.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by FallenWun

I am not really sure that I said that but let me hear you

Sure you did, you suggested that those of us on this thread who were Republican must be actors on behalf of the OP.

No. I never "suggested" that at all.
Really, if you are ignorant of your native tongue this is not the thread to be so vocal in.

You are saying I am ignorant of my native tongue? Where do you get that? You are really grasping at straws here to continue your argument that "my kind" and I are ignorant, which you must take as uneducated, but you did say that ignorance and stupidity were not the same thing, and I agreed with you and said you were right, then proceeded to explain why ignorance was not equal to stupidity, but somehow you did not get that and you mixed it all up.
You are working very hard at dismissing anyone who disagrees with your opinion. I have practically given you a thesis and you respond with ridicule.
Some people are simply best left to their own devices.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Wikipedia has the Dept of Education starting on Oct 17, 1979, That's the end of the Carter admin.

You are a freakin' riot. Just so we are all on the same page here.

Republican: the party of ignorance and greed?

1. Wikipedia is not a source.
2. Not it does not.
3. Your own quoted text debunks you.

Here's what it says about the Dept of Ed

A previous Department of Education was created in 1867

How about we stop right there for a quick sec.
What year do you believe it says there?
edit on 25-9-2011 by FallenWun because: (no reason given)

See, this is an example of someone who is so busy laughing her ass off at what she considers another persons stupidity, that she does not bother to check things carefully. I posted the link confirming that wikipedia states that the Dept of Ed started in 79, then proceeded to post a segment which did say that an earlier version started sooner. The Dept of Ed as we know it started in 79. Let's just say, the later incarnation of it metasticized the role of govt in education.
Either way, Republicans opposed it as an overstepping of the bounds of the State. Considering the time frame, the implementation of it could even have had a corelation to the writing of the Communist Manifesto in 1848, as it would have been only 12 years later. Just a thought.

And by the way, screaming at me with all big caps is not going to change anythingor make people think you know more than anyone else here.

So with that I bid you adieu.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie

No, it was not created by Dems to save the planet.

It was created to make this guy wealthy and powerful.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

That is why Jesus would have made a poor juror.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie

Originally posted by macman

So, in the same retort you state some Reps are good, but not that good. But then you go on to suggest that Dems are better.

If you think one is just as bad as the other, why not start an opposing thread "Democrats: the party of ignorance and greed"?.

Or, just keep backpedaling. That is more fun to watch unfold.

Mainstream implies a generalization ... You may not like it... but mainstream republicans deny science, embrace inequality, they favor the rich over the poor, to the extent that they can justify government assistance for the wealthy but not for the poor. They will say teachers are lazy and don't deserve 60K a year, but CEOs responsible for the downfall of the economy deserve more breaks.

Not all Republicans are the same just as not all Democrats are the same. Ron Paul is a shining example of a republican who is different, but he is also not mainstream.

Whereas mainstream democrats tend to support the environment, support the idea of healthcare for all, they they basically demonstrate a mainstream level on social conscience and compassion for their fellow man as well as a responsibility for the environment.

Also, as corrupt as they are at the top, democrats are not using the Jerry Springer style lowest common denominator tactic that Republicans have employed for the last 10 years.

So, yes, I see a very big fundamental difference.

No, sorry. Mainstream Republicans do not deny science.
I think that the CNN and Obama-ite spoon fed version of republicans has been sugar coated for you.

Deny ignorance!!! SSSPPPLLLFFFTT!

Maybe pull you head out of the ground long enough to have an actual conversation with some from your opposing media spouted view point.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

guess he never heard of solyndra and lightsquared

talk about ignorance

Oh, but that is different.

It is always different for Liberals.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal

Great OP!

People don’t want to accept the simple reality that the GOP are negative because OF THE ISSUES THEY SUPPORT!

Of course some democrats are personally bad people but at least they support human-centered policies. AND THAT IS WHAT POLITICS IS ALL ABOUT!

Some people can’t get that simple truth through their very obtuse sculls

Oh good hell. Another late comer with the same shared brain.

All Reps bad.
Dems good, with a few bad.

My man Charlie Brown said it the best.

edit on 25-9-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

And a good grief to you as well.

But, thanks for the grammar lesson.

And my reply was to show just how ridiculous the OP is, by overstating the issue.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Further more, again, your crystal ball is broken as your assumption that I am a republican is wrong. Again.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

yes indeed lets talk about ignorance and greed like:

throwing billions upon billions of dollars at the educational system of america that produce nothing but ignorance

Let's talk about that ignorance right there.
We used to have a top notch education system. What happened to it?
You seem to blame Democrats for spending money on a failing system. So the Democrats throw money at it.
Do you honestly believe the CAUSE of the failure is too much money?
What has the other party been up to?
Firing teachers.
Cutting funding for schools and related after school programs.
Trying to insert imaginary friends into Science books.
No Child Left Behind.
Tell me the problem is too much money so we can really discuss ignorance.

Seems to be a correlation in time revolving teachers unions for one.
Then control was removed from the State/Local level and placed at the federal level.

And lets not forget "No child left behind".

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

reply to post by illuminatislave

research why when i have lived under carter reagan bush clinton and bush 2 and obama

i have seen things with my own 2 eyes let alone the fact of who writes and teach history today.

yeah people are bathing in ignorance always the ones who are the ones who go around calling other people stupid

and making fun of the grammar syntax and sentence structures.

sorry play times over like i said better things to do here

It is classic Alinsky style arguing tactics from fallenwun.
I should have pointed that out sooner, but I got wrapped up in it.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join